Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#68299 Feb 2, 2013
Good morning! I am present and counted for.
Nothing going on but cold.
I am surpised I got to get here.
Love ya!

Level 3

Since: May 08

Tampa, FL

#68300 Feb 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
My tub is IN!!! I can't use it for 24 hours, utiil the caulking dries.
There is a little button I can push to change the light from lavender to blue, to green, etc., etc.
Glad it is in Murph.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68301 Feb 2, 2013
Good morning, Jean and Allbodies. Happy Sonic Saturday.
It is cold here, too, Jean. It must have sleeted during the night because there are little pieces of ice all over that look like rock salt. The sun is shining now.

What is everyone up to today?

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#68302 Feb 2, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Goodness! We are back from th Doc's with an Rx for prednisone! NO SHOT! Happy happy happy.
Now I just hope it works for me. 3xa day for 1 week, then 2x a day 7 days, then 1 a day 7 days. You will know if it works when I stop betch moanin and groanin about my heel. Ha-ha
Just thinking....
I wouldn't want to be a Big Rig driver today! In this wind the trucks are moving slow, and struggling to stay on the road.
Everyone be careful o
It was very hot here the first of the week and then turned cold on Thursday. It is chilly this morning, but seems to be warming up.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#68303 Feb 2, 2013
I hope your shot works too Marley.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#68304 Feb 2, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
You too Murph. And everyone.
Hi Beat.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#68305 Feb 2, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been enjoying unsesonably warm weather, but tomorrow is supposed to be cold.
So you are going to go out and walk on that sore foot and do yard work. huh.
I called you one day last week, but no one answered.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#68306 Feb 2, 2013
Okay, who's the biotch that sent Clyde to my house? He showed up late last night. He stood in the yard make the most awful sound. The neighbors are pi$$ed! He didn't have any saddle bags!!!!

Last I saw of him, he was heading into the woods with the bear.(our neighborhood bear, not Marley's bear)
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68307 Feb 2, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
<quoted text> I called you one day last week, but no one answered.
I hate it that I missed your call. I need to call AT&T so they will activate my answering machine.
I can't think where I could have been, except outside, briefly with the dogs. I didn't even go to therapy last week. Could have been when the installation guys were here--they made a LOT of noise. Little Marey was inder the bed, shivering, because of all the racket they were making.
They had my water turned off for what seemed like a Long time and I had to potty Really bad. WHen they finally turned the water on and I went to the bathroom (not the one they were working on) the guy stood outside the bathroom door asking me questions.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68308 Feb 2, 2013
The farm is OPEN!! Yahoo!!

Hubby and I just plant a couple of beds of lettuce and mixed greens. Supposedly they can tolerate and like cool weather. We'll see. I'm excited!

I planted some herbs, but they are in pots and I can bring them in if it looks like we are going to have a hard freeze.

Too soon to plant anything else, but it feels good to have something in the ground!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68309 Feb 2, 2013
snarky wrote:
Okay, who's the biotch that sent Clyde to my house? He showed up late last night. He stood in the yard make the most awful sound. The neighbors are pi$$ed! He didn't have any saddle bags!!!!
Last I saw of him, he was heading into the woods with the bear.(our neighborhood bear, not Marley's bear)
Oh, Man! I told him to be Polite and not make noise. He sometimes has a habit of peddling brownies along the way and probably got robbed of the saddle bags. Clyde craves camel food but I can only afford to share my shredded wheat.
I am so sorry--headed into the woods with the bear? Trust me, they are just looking for more partiers and will be back in your yard before you know it.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68310 Feb 2, 2013
snarky wrote:
Hubby and I just plant a couple of beds of lettuce and mixed greens. Supposedly they can tolerate and like cool weather. We'll see. I'm excited!
I planted some herbs, but they are in pots and I can bring them in if it looks like we are going to have a hard freeze.
Too soon to plant anything else, but it feels good to have something in the ground!
Oh, I am So Jealous! You will be eating freshly picked lettuce and greens before you know it! A friend once told me that she had sprinkled radish seeds on top of the snow that was covering her garden. When the snow melted, it took the seeds down into the ground.
What else are you going to plant?

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#68311 Feb 2, 2013
snarky wrote:
Good luck. Hope they grow well. I don't think we will have many more cold day's this winter. We haven't had a hard freeze so far.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68315 Feb 2, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
<quoted text> Good luck. Hope they grow well. I don't think we will have many more cold day's this winter. We haven't had a hard freeze so far.
The groundhog did not see his shadow. Early spring?

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68316 Feb 3, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I am So Jealous! You will be eating freshly picked lettuce and greens before you know it! A friend once told me that she had sprinkled radish seeds on top of the snow that was covering her garden. When the snow melted, it took the seeds down into the ground.
What else are you going to plant?
I guess the usual -- zucchini, eggplant, tomato (but our luck with tomatoes hasn't been great), beets, assorted herbs, and anything else we will eat. I want to try making herb infused vinegar.(you inspired me)

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68317 Feb 3, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
<quoted text> Good luck. Hope they grow well. I don't think we will have many more cold day's this winter. We haven't had a hard freeze so far.
It's been a very mild winter. If we have a hard freeze now, it will ruin everything we planted. But I'm with you, I don't think that will happen.

The mild weather is what gave us the gardening bug!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68318 Feb 3, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
The groundhog did not see his shadow. Early spring?
I'm good with early spring.

I saw the festivities surrounding Puxatawny (?) Phil on tv. I didn't realize it was such a big event. It looked like fun. There were a lot of people in the crowd.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68321 Feb 4, 2013
Boy! Can I empty a room, or what?
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#68322 Feb 4, 2013
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies.
We are warming up some, the snow is melting slowly.
Today pay bills.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#68323 Feb 4, 2013
I hope everyone has had a pleasant morning.

I hope this posts. Since Friday the red light on my router keeps winking in and out. I paid the bill, so maybe it's the weather?

30* and lake effect snow again. We've got at least 8 inches on the ground. yuck.
But all that white makes the red Valentines Day decorations in my windows look bright and perky!

The sharp pain in my heel is almost gone, I've pulled a stool into the kitchen so I can sit and mix up a batch of old fashioned butter cookies.
Then maybe tomorrow I will roll them out and cut them into heart shapes. Last year all the kids seemed really surprised and pleased to get a fancy decorated cookie with their name on it.
I'm glad they are easy to please!

Hello again to allbodies!
Crossing fingers and hitting the post button....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Who 46,576
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,109,030
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 2 hr VET 2,475
Websleuths admin is convicted habitual sex offe... (Apr '09) 2 hr Frustrated 303
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Rambler 487,323
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 3 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,838
The alphabet (Jun '06) 15 hr Roxie Darling 1,075
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE