Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68260 Jan 29, 2013
It is supposed to get up to 61 tomorrow!
I am ready to be out the door first thing in the a.m.. I need to check the down spouts run off, and the little run off stream out back. Shovel and muck out if needed. I wish I had a new wheelbarrow with two wheels.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68261 Jan 29, 2013
I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow. The weather is really weird but I'm going to take advantage of it by burning the downed branches.
A day outside,....YIPPPPPEEE!
What a wonderful excuse to NOT DO HOUSEWORK!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68262 Jan 29, 2013
Jeanie Bean,
I'll give a call this early p.m.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68263 Jan 29, 2013
Marley wrote:
Get out the Tard ole lady fudge Big Mama!
I will have the tard ol' lady fudge waiting. ANd brownies, of course.

Two problems with the tub--my hands are going to have a hard time with the door lever, and the drain turner off and on-er. My son specifically asked about every lever and button and the salesman assured him that my hands wouldn't have any trouble operating any lever or knob.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68264 Jan 29, 2013
Marley wrote:
I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow. The weather is really weird but I'm going to take advantage of it by burning the downed branches.
A day outside,....YIPPPPPEEE!
What a wonderful excuse to NOT DO HOUSEWORK!
We've been enjoying unsesonably warm weather, but tomorrow is supposed to be cold.
So you are going to go out and walk on that sore foot and do yard work. huh.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68265 Jan 29, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
We are saddling up. I made Clyde get ready for the trip to see you. I went out to the pavilion, and shoved his hump out of the hammock. started checking his saddle bags. found one of your homemade biscuits in the bottom...it was tasty but dry...
Our pavilion hammock just isn't going to hang right ever again!
Me and Clyde want to see those lavender lights!
I'm bringing my private stash of Macadamia nuts, and a fruity little zinfindel so we can...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =c6IZecaMttMXX
I partied better back then.
snork
P.S. I'm also packing a handy dandy little tool called the DRAIN EVER!(PUT AWAY those water wings) At the push of a button, even underwater, it will drill a two inch hole in anything! Drain won't drain? Worry no more with DRAIN EVER!
You were supposed to send Clyde straigt home. You know how he gets when he parties with those deer!

Little Marley nearly attacked one of the workers. He stepped back and Murphy was right at his heels. He stepped on her paw and she yelped. Marley came barreling toward him, doing that low, scary growl/bark that she does. I had to call her off.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#68267 Jan 30, 2013
Good Morning Ladies

Murph your tub sounds awesome. Please send a pic of it when you get a chance.

The weather is strange here too. Yesterday and today 50-60's then we're having a sudden drop and high winds expected tonight.

Have a good day everyone.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68268 Jan 30, 2013
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies.
We went from summer to winter in two day's time. It is 30 degrees. A friend called and asked if I had seen the snow. I hadn't. She said it was spitting snow earlier.
Liz--the tub is not picture worthy. WHen the sales rep came, he had a large screen and power point pic of the tub. It looked really pretty. It also had a towel bar attached. He had also said he was ordering an extra grab bar on mine. Mine has one grab bar, but not the extra one he promised.
There was something that the installer warner me Not to Do because, if I did it, water would spray all over the bathroom. I was in a world of pain and really tired when he told me so I don't remember what I am not supposed to do. Guess I will find out!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68269 Jan 30, 2013
Good morning Liz, Murph, and all.

It's 57 and we have a steady rain.
:(
Oh well, I don't think I'd have been able to accomplish too much anyway.
But now I'm stuck trying to get some housework done. ewww

Remember I posted about the pump in the septic system failing and that the system alarm had failed also? We got the electric bill......Yikes! Yikes! and Yikes! over $300.00 That pump must have been burning up electricity for weeks!

Your tub will be great once you get used to it Murph!
Call about that extra grab bar! I'm sure he charged you for it!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68270 Jan 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
You were supposed to send Clyde straigt home. You know how he gets when he parties with those deer!
Little Marley nearly attacked one of the workers. He stepped back and Murphy was right at his heels. He stepped on her paw and she yelped. Marley came barreling toward him, doing that low, scary growl/bark that she does. I had to call her off.
Marley was channeling her inner rottweiler!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68271 Jan 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I will have the tard ol' lady fudge waiting. ANd brownies, of course.
Two problems with the tub--my hands are going to have a hard time with the door lever, and the drain turner off and on-er. My son specifically asked about every lever and button and the salesman assured him that my hands wouldn't have any trouble operating any lever or knob.
Any chance of tying a washcloth or towel on them so you can manage them easier? Or asking the company about larger levers or handles?
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68272 Jan 30, 2013
No more stalling. I'm off to do some housework.
Oh joy, Oh joy.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68273 Jan 30, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Any chance of tying a washcloth or towel on them so you can manage them easier? Or asking the company about larger levers or handles?
I really think it was misrepresented. I just practiced with it (without water). It takes both hands to open the dooor. He had assured my son that this tub was so safe because it was designed so that a person can open the door, step in, immediately sit down, then start the water. No. I have to stand and put all my body strenth into opening the door. Stand again to reach the water lever with enough strength to turn the water on. Takes standing up and using Both hands to work the drain knob, and that is Without water in the tub. Son specifically pointed to the jet control and said, "She can't get her thumb and forefinger together to turn that."
"Oh, that turns so easily she can do it with the palm of her hand."
IF I didn't have RA, I could operate this easily. If I didn't have RA I wwouldn't need the damned thing.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68274 Jan 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it was misrepresented. I just practiced with it (without water). It takes both hands to open the dooor. He had assured my son that this tub was so safe because it was designed so that a person can open the door, step in, immediately sit down, then start the water. No. I have to stand and put all my body strenth into opening the door. Stand again to reach the water lever with enough strength to turn the water on. Takes standing up and using Both hands to work the drain knob, and that is Without water in the tub. Son specifically pointed to the jet control and said, "She can't get her thumb and forefinger together to turn that."
"Oh, that turns so easily she can do it with the palm of her hand."
IF I didn't have RA, I could operate this easily. If I didn't have RA I wwouldn't need the damned thing.
What are your plans?

I'm toast! That's it for housework today. Foot is wailing like an ambulance siren.
Podiatrist tomorrow at 2:00. He will either give me the dreaded cortisone shot, or possibly.?...I've heard they do this now,...low dose prednisone for a month.
I WILL be as heavily medicated as legally possible.
Murph

Mulvane, KS

#68275 Jan 30, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your plans?
I'm toast! That's it for housework today. Foot is wailing like an ambulance siren.
Podiatrist tomorrow at 2:00. He will either give me the dreaded cortisone shot, or possibly.?...I've heard they do this now,...low dose prednisone for a month.
I WILL be as heavily medicated as legally possible.
Tell him you want morphine before, during, and after the shot.
I sure wish you the best of luck tomorrow.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68276 Jan 30, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell him you want morphine before, during, and after the shot.
I sure wish you the best of luck tomorrow.
You got mail.
Marley

Irwin, PA

#68279 Jan 31, 2013
Good morning all.

We are back in the freezer again. Gusting winds
snow, and a wind chill of 8*.
I woke up several times last night because of the sound of the wind.
Maggie? Liz? Are you getting this wind?
I'm surprised we still have power!

The coffee always tastes better when the weather outside is looking fierce. Ha-ha
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68280 Jan 31, 2013
Marley wrote:
Good morning all.
We are back in the freezer again. Gusting winds
snow, and a wind chill of 8*.
I woke up several times last night because of the sound of the wind.
Maggie? Liz? Are you getting this wind?
I'm surprised we still have power!
The coffee always tastes better when the weather outside is looking fierce. Ha-ha
Good morning, Marley and Allbodies. A great day to y'all.
Marley, that sounds fierce. We got all excited yesterday thinking we might get a snowflake, but other than people who were out early seeing spitting snow, nothing.
My hands kept me up most of the night, fro fliddling with the controls on the tub. Son insisted I try it out last night while he was here. So far, I'm thinking I made a big mistake.
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#68281 Jan 31, 2013
Amen.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68282 Jan 31, 2013
Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 22 min Princess Hey 2,817
The alphabet (Jun '06) 24 min Princess Hey 1,391
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 27 min Princess Hey 12,713
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Yeah 1,262,066
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 35 min Murphey_Law 501,349
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr Wiley_Kyote 18,322
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr Tina 97,444
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages