“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#68215 Jan 27, 2013
beatnick wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're actually having cold weather, then we'll say that's what it is.
Yea, well, right now it's 75 degrees. But it was cold earlier in the week. But right now now neither my foot or thumb hurts.

Old age isn't for sissies. Somebody famous said that.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68216 Jan 27, 2013
Marley wrote:
I got a good story for ya Murph.
You will never guess what seen from the Gremlins Movie Jackson tried to recreate!?
Apparently....there is a scene in the movie where a gremlin has a FUN ride by hanging onto a ceiling fan blade..........YEP.....little nincompoop climbed up on the kitchen table held one of the blades in both hands, and told Lindsay to turn on the fan.
@@!
YIKES
needless to say,.....chaos ensued...
Big Belly Laugh
I laugh harder every time I think about it!
That's a riot!

It's funny as long as it's someone elses kids. I'm sure his parents will see the humor in it some day.

Thanks for sharing. That story has made my day!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68218 Jan 27, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, well, right now it's 75 degrees. But it was cold earlier in the week. But right now now neither my foot or thumb hurts.
I have sure missed seeing those red socks. I lost my red socks. The only red socks I have now, have light up Santas on them. They are really classy, so I only wear them to dress occasions.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68219 Jan 27, 2013
Somehow the words "Murph" and "booty call" have never been in the same sentence in my mind.

Huh. Who knew.

Level 3

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#68220 Jan 27, 2013
Anyone every had to have a crown bridge?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68221 Jan 27, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, forgive my saying so, but you do not know One flippin' thing about old age!!! A year ago, I didn't know but Part of One flippin' thing about old age.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68222 Jan 27, 2013
snarky wrote:
Somehow the words "Murph" and "booty call" have never been in the same sentence in my mind.
Huh. Who knew.
The thing about it is, it is the same guy (I'm pretty sure) but every party, after a couple of glasses of bubbly, he thinks he is someone different. Acts like he doesn't know how to get to my house. Claims to be Bob---Bill---Sam. After three or more glasses, he acts like he doesn't even remember my dogs. Whassss th matta dis guy???
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68223 Jan 27, 2013
snarky wrote:
Huh. Who knew.
This is a true story:

The hand therapist was going through the intake form, asking me all the things that I can't do or are painful to do. She gets to number 5, sexual activity.

I just looked at her and said, "I have no idea." She said, we can just ckeck it according to whether you Think it might hurt.
I told her, "Probably would. Everything else does."

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68224 Jan 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I have sure missed seeing those red socks. I lost my red socks. The only red socks I have now, have light up Santas on them. They are really classy, so I only wear them to dress occasions.
Well no wonder you don't feel good! You lost your red socks? Seriously? How do you lose red socks? I understanding loosing black, brown or navy, but red?

I'll have to break out the knitting needles.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68225 Jan 27, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
No. I have a single crown, but no bridge.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68226 Jan 27, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a true story:
The hand therapist was going through the intake form, asking me all the things that I can't do or are painful to do. She gets to number 5, sexual activity.
I just looked at her and said, "I have no idea." She said, we can just ckeck it according to whether you Think it might hurt.
I told her, "Probably would. Everything else does."
I'm not even going there, Murph. As I read this, a bunch of good jokes came to mind, but Topix would really be in a snit if I posted any of them. It gave me a warning for my shut up post to Marley.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#68227 Jan 27, 2013
I have sweet potato tots in the oven. I've never had them, but they look good.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68228 Jan 27, 2013
snarky wrote:
I have sweet potato tots in the oven. I've never had them, but they look good.
They sound good. Hope they turned out to be delicious.

Now, Grandma has tried for hours to hold off bragging, but I Can't Do It! Yesterday, at practice (nearly 3 hours from here) the pitching machine was set at 85MPH, plate was set at 40 feet. GS hit 55 out of the 60 balls pitched.

In a week or so, high school baseball will start and regulations will not him allow to practice with this team (that will be his summer team) until high school ball is over.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68229 Jan 27, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not even going there, Murph. As I read this, a bunch of good jokes came to mind, but Topix would really be in a snit if I posted any of them. It gave me a warning for my shut up post to Marley.
Believe me, when she was asking me this, a bunch of good jokes went through my mind and I was having a terrible time keeping a straight face.(Probably, she was, too).
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68230 Jan 27, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
Can't help you there, Shani. I know lots of people with crowns, but not a crown bridge.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#68231 Jan 28, 2013
Good morning, I'm still yawning here.

Shani-I haven't seen a crown bridge but it sounds complicated (and expensive).

Murph-congratulations, GS can keep a good eye on the ball!

snarky-let us know if those sweet potato tots are good, they're supposed to be healthy.

Marley-Lindsay and Jackson sure got in to it this time-ROFL!

Too many typos I had to correct. It's time for some coffee.

Y'all have a great day!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68232 Jan 28, 2013
beatnick wrote:
Good morning, I'm still yawning here.
Shani-I haven't seen a crown bridge but it sounds complicated (and expensive).
Murph-congratulations, GS can keep a good eye on the ball!
snarky-let us know if those sweet potato tots are good, they're supposed to be healthy.
Marley-Lindsay and Jackson sure got in to it this time-ROFL!
Too many typos I had to correct. It's time for some coffee.
Y'all have a great day!
Good morning, Beatnick and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
Beatnick, I am just getting ready for my second cup. I was up until almost 2AM, didn't wake up until a little after 9.

We didn't get the day of rain that was forecast for yesterday. I think maybe we got a little sprinkle in the night. It is cloudy today, so there is still hope.

What are all y'all doing today?
Jean

Saint Louis, MO

#68233 Jan 28, 2013
Well it only took me two days to get here!
Good morning.
Marie, changed her first toliet seat and furnace filter.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68234 Jan 28, 2013
Jean wrote:
Well it only took me two days to get here!
Good morning.
Marie, changed her first toliet seat and furnace filter.
That girl's a Keeper!!
Maggie McGee

Windsor, Canada

#68235 Jan 28, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye, there in lies the rub.
The ride lasted a brief second before the fan blade snapped off under his weight partially tearing the fan from the ceiling.
Since it was still running and out of balance the remaining four blades chopped into the ceiling with every rotation. DIL said by the time she got there chunks of drywall and dust was in the air, Lindsay was screaming, and Jackson was still standing on the table, fan blade in hands with a look of pure disbelief!
roflmao
OMG Marley, I can't stop laughing over this.....everytime I try to picture this in my head I start cracking up.....lol This is just priceless....*S*

Good afternoon everyone.......my computer at home is really a pain in the "you know what".....takes forever to do anything. I really need to re-format the stupid thing but it's just so damn much work.

Finally over the flu, throat and chest infection.....back to work and hate every minute of it.....wish I could hang around and chat but there is so much to do here.....I think I see retirement in the not too distant future......as soon as I win the lottery!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,232,408
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 498,070
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 53,485
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,830
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 12,558
two words (Jul '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 27,258
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 8 hr LizW 18,167
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]