Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67974 Jan 13, 2013
Florida Night Shift wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Marley!
Sunny days and Mom's Vitamin D!
Mornin Flo.,

I've been gimping down to the basement to work on laundry, but I don't think I'll do more than two loads. Just the lights and darks.
Sweaters, undies, and good slacks are going to have to wait.

Are you taking today off or are you working on a project?

Murph Jean Maggie Beat, Hope all you sick ladies are feeling better today.

So weird it is 62 and raining here!
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67975 Jan 13, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Flo and everyone, it has been raining for days, we got eight inches just on Wednesday, we got a little break but it's started up again. Temp dropped 25 degrees since sunup. Got a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo simmering on the stove and homemade French bread in the oven. The house smells wonderful and all the kids and grands are here. We caught a pregnant crawfish in the yard and put her in the aquarium, she laid her eggs last night. I bought the kids some fake snow and I've been cleaning that crap up for two days, what was I thinking? I hope all you sick folks are feeling better today.
I thought I could smell baking bread!

Congratulations on your new job Queen
Snow AND a pregnant crawfish? You are a good Gramma.

I've never seen craw fish babies!
Do the crawfish look like miniature craw fish? Or are they sort of embryonic looking?
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67976 Jan 13, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I could go for any kind of pie and a nice hot cup of coffee right about now! We could let Shani choose the type.
Good idea! Throw in some sunshine.
I'll pick up the check.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67977 Jan 13, 2013
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Flo and everyone, it has been raining for days, we got eight inches just on Wednesday, we got a little break but it's started up again. Temp dropped 25 degrees since sunup. Got a big pot of chicken and sausage gumbo simmering on the stove and homemade French bread in the oven. The house smells wonderful and all the kids and grands are here. We caught a pregnant crawfish in the yard and put her in the aquarium, she laid her eggs last night. I bought the kids some fake snow and I've been cleaning that crap up for two days, what was I thinking? I hope all you sick folks are feeling better today.
Chicken and sausage together? In one pot? I'll be darned!
Sounds as tho they would go together well, but I don't think I have ever seen a recipe from up this way that marries the two together.
shhh! don't tell Snarky I asked, but,... we ARE talking about REAL meat right?....

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67978 Jan 13, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin Flo.,
I've been gimping down to the basement to work on laundry, but I don't think I'll do more than two loads. Just the lights and darks.
Sweaters, undies, and good slacks are going to have to wait.
Are you taking today off or are you working on a project?
Murph Jean Maggie Beat, Hope all you sick ladies are feeling better today.
So weird it is 62 and raining here!
You and Bear going commando today?

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67979 Jan 13, 2013
Anyone know where Murph is today?

Level 3

Since: May 08

Tampa, FL

#67980 Jan 13, 2013
Marley wrote:
Good morning y'all.
Hi Shani, Snarky and Flo!
I wish I could be in Florida too Shani. We could at least get together for coffee and a peice of pie. Are you a coffee drinker? I know you like sweets, maybe we could find pie with mile high meringue. ummm
That's a good idea Snarky. They wouldn't even realize they were being put to work.
I don't like coffee. Just cold drinks. I missed meeeting someone on here that time because I was going through that terrible depression. She was only about a mile from where I live too. I was in such bad shape though, I just wasn't up to seeing anyone. I regret it so much now.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#67981 Jan 13, 2013
Florida Night Shift wrote:
Hey Shani, Any new dolls?
No new reborn's. I started buying Robert Tonner doll's a while back. I have 30 of them. I need something to display them.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#67982 Jan 13, 2013
When we had that cold spell I got Arthritis in my right thumb for the first time. I thought it would go away, but it hasn't. I had to put the heating pad on it today it was hurting so bad. I have never had anything like this before. Any suggestion's on what I can take for the pain? I took asprin, but it didn't do anything.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#67983 Jan 13, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday got stinkin hot! I would like some cooler weather, too!
We probably won't have much more cool weather this winter.
I get hot so easily. I move around the least bit and I am sweating.

Level 3

Tampa, FL

#67984 Jan 13, 2013
Marley wrote:
Good morning y'all.
Hi Shani, Snarky and Flo!
I wish I could be in Florida too Shani. We could at least get together for coffee and a peice of pie. Are you a coffee drinker? I know you like sweets, maybe we could find pie with mile high meringue. ummm
That's a good idea Snarky. They wouldn't even realize they were being put to work.
You are so right about the sweets. I still love them. Anything with Meringue is my favorite. I was buying these Marie Callender Lemon Meringue pies and I just ate the Meringue.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67985 Jan 14, 2013
Shaniquah wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right about the sweets. I still love them. Anything with Meringue is my favorite. I was buying these Marie Callender Lemon Meringue pies and I just ate the Meringue.
Good morning Shani.

I love lemon meringue pie!
One of my Mom's favorite things was "Divinity". It is made from meringue. Have you had it?

Don't know what to tell you about your thumb. It seems what works for one person doesn't always work for the other. You can't go wrong by wrapping it up in moist heat for 20 minute spells and Motrin as prescribed. If heat doesn't work for me I try ice,...it seems to take down some of the inflammation.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67986 Jan 14, 2013
I meant to saw takes away some of the inflammation.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67987 Jan 14, 2013
meant to say, takes away some of the inflammation.

topix or my computer isn't awake yet. It's not posting right.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67988 Jan 14, 2013
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Bear going commando today?
Hahaha! No,.... that's when you pull out the old pair in the back of the drawer. You know,.....The ones you don't wear when you go somewhere in case your in an accident?
haha

Good morning, and have a good day ladies.

Maggie, Beat, Jean, and Murph. Healing vibes to you.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67989 Jan 14, 2013
I just looked outside my windown and it's snowing.
Y'all have a great afternoon/evening.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67990 Jan 14, 2013
beatnick wrote:
I just looked outside my windown and it's snowing.
Y'all have a great afternoon/evening.
Wow! We hit 80 today. Too hot for winter! I agree with Shani. We probably won't get much more cold weather.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67991 Jan 14, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Shani.
I love lemon meringue pie!
One of my Mom's favorite things was "Divinity". It is made from meringue. Have you had it?
Don't know what to tell you about your thumb. It seems what works for one person doesn't always work for the other. You can't go wrong by wrapping it up in moist heat for 20 minute spells and Motrin as prescribed. If heat doesn't work for me I try ice,...it seems to take down some of the inflammation.
I remember making Divinity when I was a kid. The only ingredient I remember is cream of tarter. Not sure why I remember that. It was good stuff!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67992 Jan 14, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha! No,.... that's when you pull out the old pair in the back of the drawer. You know,.....The ones you don't wear when you go somewhere in case your in an accident?
haha
Good morning, and have a good day ladies.
Maggie, Beat, Jean, and Murph. Healing vibes to you.
Well, that sure is a let down.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#67993 Jan 14, 2013
Hey Beat and Snarky,

It went from 62 yesterday to 33 today... no snow yet.

Yep that recipe calls for cream of tartar, some vanilla, sugar, and egg whites. They are good.

Good night ladies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RoxLo 1,108,999
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 17 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,838
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 24 min Riverside 487,322
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min litesong 46,575
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr News Reporter 2,474
The alphabet (Jun '06) 12 hr Roxie Darling 1,075
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr Anne 96,429
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search