Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67780 Dec 26, 2012
Well we lost power for six hours, tornados touched down in two different areas, downed trees everywhere. Thankfully no reports of injuries, we had 80 mph winds at one point, neighbor had a huge oak tree completely uprooted, big gap ping hole in his backyard. We were very lucky.
Murph

United States

#67781 Dec 26, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
Well we lost power for six hours, tornados touched down in two different areas, downed trees everywhere. Thankfully no reports of injuries, we had 80 mph winds at one point, neighbor had a huge oak tree completely uprooted, big gap ping hole in his backyard. We were very lucky.
You were Very lucky. Thank you, Jesus.
Murph

United States

#67782 Dec 26, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
We ended up getting no snow at all and the sun is shining.
Youngest daughter just left. We had coffee togeter. Now I need to hop in theshower and get ready for my 10 AM therapy appointment.
What arey'all doing today?

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67783 Dec 26, 2012
Good morning.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I am starting to feel somewhat human.

Yesterday was fun but hubby ended up doing most of the work. The standing rib roast was really good.

Jr. wants to go see Les Mis today. We'll see. I've seen the play and I love the music.
Murph

Derby, KS

#67784 Dec 26, 2012
snarky wrote:
Good morning.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
I am starting to feel somewhat human.
Yesterday was fun but hubby ended up doing most of the work. The standing rib roast was really good.
Jr. wants to go see Les Mis today. We'll see. I've seen the play and I love the music.
I am glad you are starting to feel better. I hope you feel up to going.
My therapist was describing her week-long flu and it sounded exactly like younger son's---horrrible headache, high fever, and Chills.
AFter therapy I checked out Walgreens, then took Murphy for a pedicure and left Marley there for grooming. Now I've got to work up enough energy to clean the fireplace and lay a fire.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#67785 Dec 27, 2012
Good Morning Ladies

Murph it sounds like you're the one that should be having the pedicure and getting a day pampering.

I know you've been having the holiday's at your house for years but it's hard work. I never realized just how difficult until I had to start doing it all by myself. Maybe talk to the kids and try something different next year. See if someone can stay and help with all the prep work and maybe someone else with all the cleaning up.

PS.........I woke up and it looked like I was living at the North Pole.
Murph

Derby, KS

#67786 Dec 27, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
Liz, I your you and yours stay safe through the storm. How much snow have you gotten so far?
Murph

Derby, KS

#67787 Dec 27, 2012
Back in the summer, when it was extremely hot, I posted about my daughter finding a man laying on the hot, hot sidewalk between her house and the neighbors' house.
She got him pulled into the shade and got him a bottle of water. SIL called the police and old them there was a manwho really needed some help. This guy was trying to walk home, but he didn't know where he lived.

Ever since then, I read about the man periodically, in the court news--walking while intoxicated.

In yesterday's paper, it said his apartment caught on fire and his smoke detecters were't working. The smoke caused an alarm to go off in the apartment above him. The woman told firefighters that she was worried about this guy. They broke into his ground level apartment and found him, still breathing on his own. They administered treatment and called an ambulance. He died shortly after getting to the hospital.
He was only 47 years old.

This man Suffered daily from acute alcoholism. I am glad he will not suffer any more.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#67788 Dec 28, 2012
Good Morning All

So far we have about 8-12 inches of snow. Hopefully my " little thug" doesn't have to stand out in the parking lot for too long tonight directing traffic. Too cold for that. Maybe the customers will just stay home instead.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#67789 Dec 28, 2012
I remember you posting about that man. So sad.
I went to high school with a guy who was very popular, football teams, nice looking , smart, great personality, etc. He became a doctor and got hooked on drugs. He lost his practice, his family and just about everything there was to lose. A few years ago they found him dead in a sleazy downtown motel room.
Murph wrote:
Back in the summer, when it was extremely hot, I posted about my daughter finding a man laying on the hot, hot sidewalk between her house and the neighbors' house.
She got him pulled into the shade and got him a bottle of water. SIL called the police and old them there was a manwho really needed some help. This guy was trying to walk home, but he didn't know where he lived.
Ever since then, I read about the man periodically, in the court news--walking while intoxicated.
In yesterday's paper, it said his apartment caught on fire and his smoke detecters were't working. The smoke caused an alarm to go off in the apartment above him. The woman told firefighters that she was worried about this guy. They broke into his ground level apartment and found him, still breathing on his own. They administered treatment and called an ambulance. He died shortly after getting to the hospital.
He was only 47 years old.
This man Suffered daily from acute alcoholism. I am glad he will not suffer any more.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67790 Dec 29, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. I hope you sick people get well.
One of you, whose name I won't mention, has the absolute Worst bronchitis cough I have Ever heard. Praying that you get well Now.
It is sunny a sunny day here.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67791 Dec 29, 2012
LizW wrote:
I remember you posting about that man. So sad.
I went to high school with a guy who was very popular, football teams, nice looking , smart, great personality, etc. He became a doctor and got hooked on drugs. He lost his practice, his family and just about everything there was to lose. A few years ago they found him dead in a sleazy downtown motel room.<quoted text>
I remember also Murph. Your daughter did her best to help him. I'm sorry to hear what became of him. But glad no one else was seriously injured due to his problem.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67792 Dec 29, 2012
Time Magazine had an article on the effect of vitamin C on R/A. Vitamin C therapy, for inflammation. Please chase down every where it might lead.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67793 Dec 29, 2012
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day. I hope you sick people get well.
One of you, whose name I won't mention, has the absolute Worst bronchitis cough I have Ever heard. Praying that you get well Now.
It is sunny a sunny day here.
Very gray here. Snow coming down in fits and spirts. 29 degrees.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#67794 Dec 30, 2012
Good Morning All

Still looks like the North Pole here. More snow this week than I think we had for the total of last year.

Murph hope the hands are feeling better.
Broken Lance

United States

#67795 Dec 30, 2012
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Still looks like the North Pole here. More snow this week than I think we had for the total of last year.
Murph hope the hands are feeling better.
Good morning Liz:)
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67796 Dec 30, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies (only a few hours late). I hope yu have a great day.
It is sunny here. No snow yet, for which I am not complaining.--Although we are desperate for the moisture.
I think I hae probably had all the company that I'm going to have today.
What are all y'all doing today?
Murph

United States

#67797 Dec 31, 2012
Another day, another try.
Good morning, Allbdies. I hope you have a lovely day.
This is our first wintry day. It is cold and there is a rainsnow mix.
Right after I hobbled across the parking lot and got into therapy, a man fell. Everyone hurried to help him but he was a large man and people wee afraid of hurting whateverbody part he was there to get therapy for. He was in a t-shirt, so one man took off his coat and put it around him. They finally found a wheel chair and a warm blanket and shielded him as best they could until they got him inside. He was probably out there at least 10 minutes, maybe 15, but I am sure it seemed like hours to him.
When I started to leave, my therapist insisted on getting my car and bringing it to the door. God bless her.

I am glad I left my Christmas lights up; they lend cheer on this dark,wet day.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67798 Dec 31, 2012
I'm wishing you all a happy and safe New Year's Eve.
Murph

United States

#67799 Dec 31, 2012
I had a call from our Gaye. She is doing well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min positronium 1,405,540
News Orlando massacre spurs fear, solidarity among L... 3 hr Abdul Muhaimin 610
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr zazz 98,131
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Murphey_Law 513,416
John E. Aills of Leesburg Bowl 10 hr barTENDER 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy 21 hr Thats Right 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages