Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67740 Dec 23, 2012
Marley wrote:
I gotta get back to work.
This is where I tell myself the line from the movie Cristmas Vacation,....
"IT's Christmas,...and we are ALL miserable dear."
Merry Christmas Marley, Murph, Beat, Snarky and Everyone! I hope you all have a jolly old time!
Murph

United States

#67741 Dec 23, 2012
Now our forecast has changed again, to show that we may have a white Christmas.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#67742 Dec 24, 2012
Good Morning All and Merry Christmas Eve Everyone.

Murph I hope you're feeling better soon.

“Where the heck am I?”

Level 4

Since: Sep 08

Twighlight Zone

#67743 Dec 24, 2012
Hope all you wonderful people a Very Merry Christmas!!!!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67744 Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas Eve allbodies!

It's nice to see folk posting.

Today is day 5 of a real butt-kickin flu. I feel a little better today -- been in bed since Thursday. I don't think I can get caught up for Christmas. At least all the shopping was done. Hubby and jr are going to back today. That should provide some comic relief.

Have a great day and a wonderful Christmas.
Murph

Mount Hope, KS

#67745 Dec 24, 2012
Happy, Happy Christmas Eve.

Snarky, I am so sorry that you are going through that. It sounds like a particularly bad strain of the flu has you. I pray that you are better and will feel stronger every day.

The people who work in therapy were dropping like flies with some bad strain of flu. One of them missed a full week of work--for the first time in her entire career. Every one of those who got sick had gotten their flu shots. The shots were not created for this particular strain of flu.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67746 Dec 24, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas Marley, Murph, Beat, Snarky and Everyone! I hope you all have a jolly old time!
As may you, and your family Queen. Thank You.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67747 Dec 24, 2012
snarky wrote:
Merry Christmas Eve allbodies!
It's nice to see folk posting.
Today is day 5 of a real butt-kickin flu. I feel a little better today -- been in bed since Thursday. I don't think I can get caught up for Christmas. At least all the shopping was done. Hubby and jr are going to back today. That should provide some comic relief.
Have a great day and a wonderful Christmas.
I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling crummy enough to be in bed!
That isn't like you,..for sure!
I bet everyone has missed you being up, and taking care of things.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67748 Dec 24, 2012
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Beat! Good to see you! How is Mr. Beatnick? Did you get him some licorice this year?
We were singing a rousing rendition of dashing through the snow as we drove to Mickey D's at the top of our lungs. Poor kid didn't know if his heart was singing or just getting an echo! Haha
We did get maybe 4 or 5 inches of snow that made driving and visibility a little tricky. But it is sunny today, and it is melting off a little.
I had to go back to find this question for you Beat, Christmas wouldn't be right if Mr. Beat missed out on his licorice.
:)
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67749 Dec 24, 2012
Mainly, I just wanted to stop long enough to light a candle, and think of each and every one. With a wish that we are all blessed with that often experienced "special" Christmas Eve moment tonight. That... SPECIAL moment, when you may have baked the last cookie, tied the last package, looked down at your poor tired feet, folded the last towel, or snuck the door open, with your shawl across your shoulders to stare out at an awesome December sky.
And some how, some way, for a moment or two, may we all be lucky enough to feel the indescribable magic of this Amazing Silent Night.
Wishing you LOve, HEalth, and MUCH HAppiness.
Merry Christmas
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67750 Dec 24, 2012
Thinking of you, Maggie, Ellie Mae, oops! Shani, Florida Night Shift, Quest, Unreal, Granny Charlie, Ruby......Nebraska Mom,....,...
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67751 Dec 24, 2012
Thinking of you Jean, hope to see you back real soon!
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67752 Dec 24, 2012
Race, we all miss you.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67753 Dec 24, 2012
Cindy,
You are remembered with fond thoughts.
Marley

New Kensington, PA

#67754 Dec 24, 2012
There are almost too many to remember,...funny, witty, and wise.....
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67755 Dec 24, 2012
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to go back to find this question for you Beat, Christmas wouldn't be right if Mr. Beat missed out on his licorice.
:)
Thank you for reminding me, I forgot it this year. But now I'll be sure it's there for New Years.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67756 Dec 24, 2012
Merry Christmas Eve to All.
Murph

Derby, KS

#67757 Dec 24, 2012
beatnick wrote:
Merry Christmas Eve to All.
Merry Christmas Eve, Beat.
We had an absolutely awesome Christmas Eve Marred only by the fact that youngest son is sick and couldn't be with us. We had a houseful.
We don't do a regular meal for Christmas Eve--everybody brings stuff. We had little smokies, meatballs. stuffed jalapenos, spinach dip with rye bread, another dip with wheat crackers, spinach cheese ball, a shrimp ring, bunch of other stuff I can't remember (but I sure ate!) and Christmas cookies, German chocolate cake, and eggnog.
I think I ate more this evening than I did on Thanksgiving day.
Murph

Derby, KS

#67758 Dec 24, 2012
Marley wrote:
Mainly, I just wanted to stop long enough to light a candle, and think of each and every one. With a wish that we are all blessed with that often experienced "special" Christmas Eve moment tonight. That... SPECIAL moment, when you may have baked the last cookie, tied the last package, looked down at your poor tired feet, folded the last towel, or snuck the door open, with your shawl across your shoulders to stare out at an awesome December sky.
And some how, some way, for a moment or two, may we all be lucky enough to feel the indescribable magic of this Amazing Silent Night.
Wishing you LOve, HEalth, and MUCH HAppiness.
Merry Christmas
May you have many Special moments, Marley.
I felt one of those magical Christmas moments when everyone was here, laughing and talking and then another very special moment when I saw how well everyone had cleaned up before they left.

An earlier special moment was when my wonderful neighbor boy came. He moved next door when he was about 6 years old and he was my little flower bed helper. The fist Christmas, he brought me some cookies and announced he had baked them himself, just for me. Every year since, he has brought be a gift bag of cookies and other things he made. Now he is a college student in San Diego. He brought me a bag of goodies and stayed and visited a little while.
The first Christmas he could drive, he told his mom he was going to go find something more for me, to go with the cookies and candy. He went to Braums and got me a gallon of milk to go with the cookies. That was so special I will never forget it.
Murph

Derby, KS

#67759 Dec 24, 2012
Marley wrote:
Cindy,
You are remembered with fond thoughts.
Cindy will always be remembered. Cindy had the Christmas spirit all year long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min My New Alias RULES 1,394,667
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 hr OK Barry 886
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 1 hr OK Barry 1,251
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 1 hr WeTheSheeple 258
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr -This IS Too Easy 60,024
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr Murphey_Law 513,329
News Supreme Court leaves assault weapons bans in pl... 10 hr WeTheSheeple 111
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages