|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Murph wrote:
Whar is ever'body??????????
I am happily chowing down on some cornbread and beans my son brought me.
Hey Murph.

I'm here. Day late, dollar short.

I have the Ba-humbugs! Why is Christmas so stressful? This just shouldn't be. I've scaled back since the "kids" are older, but you can only scale back so far.(I think)

It's all of the outside stuff that causes me stress. Family stuff is fun. I wish I could figure out a way to eliminate or reduce the outside stuff.

Guess I'm just an old grouchy biotch.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Murph.
I'm here. Day late, dollar short.
I have the Ba-humbugs! Why is Christmas so stressful? This just shouldn't be. I've scaled back since the "kids" are older, but you can only scale back so far.(I think)
It's all of the outside stuff that causes me stress. Family stuff is fun. I wish I could figure out a way to eliminate or reduce the outside stuff.
Guess I'm just an old grouchy biotch.
I know exactly what you mean. I have far less outside stuff to deal with now that I am retired, but I remember having to go to parties when what I really wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and look at the Christmas tree and the fire in the fireplace.
Now my outside stuff is having to think of gifts for people I see maybe once a year and have no idea what they like.

Plus, this year we are waaay behind on Toys for Tots. Like around 300 kids who won't get toys if we don't get in gear by Saturday. We were falling behind last year but a town about an hour from here went beyond what they needed and donated some to us. No town seems to have a surplus this year.

Our Walmart let their seasonal employees go on the 11th. They usually keep them through the January inventory.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

We have a local boy who graduated from the high school my 15 year-old GS attends. He chose to go to a community college when he could have been a walk-on for a bunch of colleges. He was drafted by the OU Sooners, and will play in the Cotton Bowl. GS and his dad are going to go see him.

I think every game he has played, he has had a lot of local people there cheering him on.

He is Moose Green--watch for him in the Cotton Bowl.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
I hope all your Christmas tasks start coming together for you.
I hope you don't have to go to Walmart.
I hope, if you have to go to Walmart, you don't have to stand in a long line.
Murphus Houndogus

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Good morning, Murph. How is your day going?

My day is going wonderfully well.

I am so proud of my dogs. They are so well behaved inside and so very polite to strangers who come to the door. Their names are Harley and Turf. They are so eager for Santa Claus to come!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Hey, Murphus. My day is hobbling along.
I do not want to discuss dogs right now.
Murphus Houndogus

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

My little sweetumses would never do anything like try to pull me down, or terrify a paper carrer.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Murphus:

Fluck you and your dogs.

Thank you.

Murph

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Okay, Murph, take it easy!

I did go to Wally. And I actually found a very cool gift! Older son bought his GF a charm bracelet for Christmas. I found a pink, breast cancer ribbon charm for it. Her mom had breast cancer so she always wears a pink ribbon. I was tickled that I found it.

“Always the short one.”

Since: Jun 09

Old friends, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Hi Murph! Maybe everyone's just busy finishing up the last of their shopping. Or can't tear themselves away from watching the news. I'm hoping it's the shopping thing. I haven't seen or read the news today and think I'm probably better off.
We're all being lazy here today, but I did throw some stuff in the crock pot for stew. Just the meat, an onion, and carrots and taters for now. I'll finish it up later with some frozen mixed veggies--corn, green beans, and green peas. Now if I just had someone to make me some cornbread, we'd be good to go.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

We just bought the ugliest Christmas tree! lol

We always buy from a man that comes down from North Carolina. When we drove up, he was taking his stuff down. He had sold all but three trees already and was getting ready to head back home. He was happy that he sold all his trees so quickly. We took one of the three he had left -- he gave us quite a discount.

Jr. and hubby got the tree in the house.

It's square.

We have turned it and turned it. It's still square.

snork

photos to follow
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

snarky wrote:
Okay, Murph, take it easy!
I did go to Wally. And I actually found a very cool gift! Older son bought his GF a charm bracelet for Christmas. I found a pink, breast cancer ribbon charm for it. Her mom had breast cancer so she always wears a pink ribbon. I was tickled that I found it.
What a perfect gift. She is going to love that!
I am glad you got out of Wally unscathed.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

covcas wrote:
Hi Murph! Maybe everyone's just busy finishing up the last of their shopping. Or can't tear themselves away from watching the news. I'm hoping it's the shopping thing. I haven't seen or read the news today and think I'm probably better off.
We're all being lazy here today, but I did throw some stuff in the crock pot for stew. Just the meat, an onion, and carrots and taters for now. I'll finish it up later with some frozen mixed veggies--corn, green beans, and green peas. Now if I just had someone to make me some cornbread, we'd be good to go.
Sounds like some Good eating!
usually, I check the news every time I get online, but this latest news is more than I can bear to watch.
One story ths morning said people are taking their Christmas lights down. I so wish they would Not do that. Those little kids have been through hell--they Need those lights. In fact, I think they should add an extra lighted wreath for every child who died.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

snarky wrote:
We just bought the ugliest Christmas tree! lol
We always buy from a man that comes down from North Carolina. When we drove up, he was taking his stuff down. He had sold all but three trees already and was getting ready to head back home. He was happy that he sold all his trees so quickly. We took one of the three he had left -- he gave us quite a discount.
Jr. and hubby got the tree in the house.
It's square.
We have turned it and turned it. It's still square.
snork
photos to follow
Mark my words: You are going to start a new trend. Next year everyone will be trying to find a square tree like Snarky had.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

My day started off So Miserably. For the pst 2 weeks, the RA has caused me to really hobble for the first 2 hours I am up. I had to cancel 2 therapy appointments last week because I couldn't walk from the parking lot to the door.

This morning I got up, hobbling as usual. The dogs needed to go out much earlier than usual. We had just got out the door and the paper carrer got out of her car. The dogs went into their "I mean business" bark and nearly pulled me flat on my face. They yanked the leashes out of my hand and charged the carrier. She started screaming. I was yelling at her to not scream and not move. I promised her they wouldn't bite her. I was finaly able to hobble to her and grab their leashes. She was crying, but trying to be so brave. "Nice doggy".
She was driving, but looked like she was about 12 years old and in her jammies. Godamghty, I can't tell you how bad that made me feel.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Murph wrote:
We have a local boy who graduated from the high school my 15 year-old GS attends. He chose to go to a community college when he could have been a walk-on for a bunch of colleges. He was drafted by the OU Sooners, and will play in the Cotton Bowl. GS and his dad are going to go see him.
I think every game he has played, he has had a lot of local people there cheering him on.
He is Moose Green--watch for him in the Cotton Bowl.
I will watch for him. That's always exciting to see a local when they "hit the big time".
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a lovely day. It feels like spring here.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Good morning Murph and Everyone.
I wish I could say it was springy here, but alas it's damp and we're in for a wind storm tonight and tomorrow.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

beatnick wrote:
Good morning Murph and Everyone.
I wish I could say it was springy here, but alas it's damp and we're in for a wind storm tonight and tomorrow.
I hope you won't get any storm damage. It is only 54 degrees here, but the sun is shining and there is no wind, so it feels Much warmer.

My mowing people are out there. It was sort of strange, instead of waiting for me to call, the man called me and said that my grass needed cut and that they would be here sometime over the weekend to do it. I just said, "Ok."
beatnick

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

There's usually no storm damage, just a lot of picking up tree limbs.
Is the mowing man psychic? Or does he just think this is a good day (sunny) to get in that kind of work!
I wish everyone a sunny day, in spirit if not in weather.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,161 - 67,180 of70,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••