“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67672 Dec 11, 2012
Off to the salt mines. It thrills me thitless.

Have a great day allbodies!

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#67673 Dec 11, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't talked to hubby yet, but I assume we will do a standing rib roast.(again)
I saw a cool post (someplace) that showed different themed bars. There was a Mexican bar, a breakfast bar, salad bar, and several others that looked really cool. If I can find it again, I will send you the link. Might give you an idea.
Actually, I would like to keep Christmas dinner simple. Hum. I need to give that some thought. I guess ordering pizza isn't gonna work. But simple is sounding good.
Waffle House is always open. If I thought I could get away with it, I would. My daughter's ex-father in law always does fried shrimp and hushpuppies on Christmas day. He has his secret recipe for the coating on the shrimp and a killer recipe for the hushpuppies. It's so, so good. Happy Holidays to one and all here!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67674 Dec 11, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning allbodies.
I'm glad you decided to give you hands a break and went back to bed! If I was there, we could have a wrapping/wine party. I'd wrap, you pour. Sounds like fun to me!
Now that sounds like a winner to me. I wish you were here. My pouring is not much better than my wrapping. Most of that good wine would go from the box to the table, totally missing the glass.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67675 Dec 11, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Waffle House is always open. If I thought I could get away with it, I would. My daughter's ex-father in law always does fried shrimp and hushpuppies on Christmas day. He has his secret recipe for the coating on the shrimp and a killer recipe for the hushpuppies. It's so, so good. Happy Holidays to one and all here!
Happy holidays to you, Cov.
Boy, that fried shrimp sounds good!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67676 Dec 11, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a wonderful day.
I found out yesterday that oldest GS and oldest GD Both have to work on Christmas Eve. What a bummer!!

“Buzz ”

Since: Jun 09

Cov's hooking workshop

#67677 Dec 11, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy holidays to you, Cov.
Boy, that fried shrimp sounds good!
I don't even remember what all else he served, but I hurt myself eating shrimp and hushpuppies. And it was something different to have for a Christmas dinner. I'll be doing a turkey with all the trimmings here. And I'm a gonna stuff that bird--I don't care what anyone says about it not being safe. We had turkeys that were stuffed when I was growing up and I don't recall anyone ever getting sick from it.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67678 Dec 11, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I don't even remember what all else he served, but I hurt myself eating shrimp and hushpuppies. And it was something different to have for a Christmas dinner. I'll be doing a turkey with all the trimmings here. And I'm a gonna stuff that bird--I don't care what anyone says about it not being safe. We had turkeys that were stuffed when I was growing up and I don't recall anyone ever getting sick from it.
I agree. cooking one without the stuffing in it is a waste of a turkey, I think.
I am doing a ham for Christmas. That is ALL I am doing.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67679 Dec 11, 2012
From Channel 13 in Orlando. Really.

You may be surprised what some researchers in China believe can be turned into brain cells.

The researchers said they've found a way reprogram kidney cells harvested from human urine samples into immature brain cells, called neutral progenitor cells.

They believe the technique could be used to treat brain-attacking diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

So, never mind.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67680 Dec 11, 2012
snarky wrote:
From Channel 13 in Orlando. Really.
You may be surprised what some researchers in China believe can be turned into brain cells.
The researchers said they've found a way reprogram kidney cells harvested from human urine samples into immature brain cells, called neutral progenitor cells.
They believe the technique could be used to treat brain-attacking diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
So, never mind.
It happens that I know a couple of people who have those neutral progenitor brain cells. I hink.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67681 Dec 11, 2012
Found it. This is the link to a page that shows 16 different "bars" for entertaining. Some of them look fun. The pasta bar looks cool!

http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.co...

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67682 Dec 11, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens that I know a couple of people who have those neutral progenitor brain cells. I hink.
snork
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67683 Dec 12, 2012
Whar is ever'body??????????

I am happily chowing down on some cornbread and beans my son brought me.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67684 Dec 13, 2012
Murph wrote:
Whar is ever'body??????????
I am happily chowing down on some cornbread and beans my son brought me.
Hey Murph.

I'm here. Day late, dollar short.

I have the Ba-humbugs! Why is Christmas so stressful? This just shouldn't be. I've scaled back since the "kids" are older, but you can only scale back so far.(I think)

It's all of the outside stuff that causes me stress. Family stuff is fun. I wish I could figure out a way to eliminate or reduce the outside stuff.

Guess I'm just an old grouchy biotch.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67685 Dec 13, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Murph.
I'm here. Day late, dollar short.
I have the Ba-humbugs! Why is Christmas so stressful? This just shouldn't be. I've scaled back since the "kids" are older, but you can only scale back so far.(I think)
It's all of the outside stuff that causes me stress. Family stuff is fun. I wish I could figure out a way to eliminate or reduce the outside stuff.
Guess I'm just an old grouchy biotch.
I know exactly what you mean. I have far less outside stuff to deal with now that I am retired, but I remember having to go to parties when what I really wanted to do was curl up on the sofa and look at the Christmas tree and the fire in the fireplace.
Now my outside stuff is having to think of gifts for people I see maybe once a year and have no idea what they like.

Plus, this year we are waaay behind on Toys for Tots. Like around 300 kids who won't get toys if we don't get in gear by Saturday. We were falling behind last year but a town about an hour from here went beyond what they needed and donated some to us. No town seems to have a surplus this year.

Our Walmart let their seasonal employees go on the 11th. They usually keep them through the January inventory.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67686 Dec 13, 2012
We have a local boy who graduated from the high school my 15 year-old GS attends. He chose to go to a community college when he could have been a walk-on for a bunch of colleges. He was drafted by the OU Sooners, and will play in the Cotton Bowl. GS and his dad are going to go see him.

I think every game he has played, he has had a lot of local people there cheering him on.

He is Moose Green--watch for him in the Cotton Bowl.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67687 Dec 15, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
I hope all your Christmas tasks start coming together for you.
I hope you don't have to go to Walmart.
I hope, if you have to go to Walmart, you don't have to stand in a long line.
Murphus Houndogus

Wichita, KS

#67688 Dec 15, 2012
Good morning, Murph. How is your day going?

My day is going wonderfully well.

I am so proud of my dogs. They are so well behaved inside and so very polite to strangers who come to the door. Their names are Harley and Turf. They are so eager for Santa Claus to come!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67689 Dec 15, 2012
Hey, Murphus. My day is hobbling along.
I do not want to discuss dogs right now.
Murphus Houndogus

Wichita, KS

#67690 Dec 15, 2012
My little sweetumses would never do anything like try to pull me down, or terrify a paper carrer.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67691 Dec 15, 2012
Murphus:

Fluck you and your dogs.

Thank you.

Murph

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,111,439
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min AN other 487,763
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 46,863
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 2 hr convict 549 2,517
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Games Champ Riggies 17,088
two words (Jul '10) 5 hr covcas 26,896
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 5 hr covcas 9,074
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE