“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67657 Dec 8, 2012
Murph wrote:
This was a grand and glorious day! I chose the Christmas sweater that I thought everyone would be wearing, but they weren't wearing Christmas sweaters. Now, we all have fabulous matching pashminas to wear. I haven't tried mine with my fleece jammies yet, but I know it is going to be awesome.
Liz is going to be So Jealous of the elbow length rubber gloves I got.
Dogs were in hawg heaven because they recognized three soft touches and got taken out about once every 30 minutes.
We ate Mexican food then a German chcolate upside down cake. Gosh, I hated to see them leave. It will be 2 or 3 months before I see them again.
Excuse me for a moment. I need to consult the google.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67658 Dec 8, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pretty freaky, just how big is this bear? I'd be scared to death. I was reading the other day about this fella who had fallen asleep watching tv and woke up with a bear standing over him! I know I would have thit all over myself. I know there's a good does a bear thit in the woods joke here, but I'm too damned tired to think of one.
I don't know how big the bear is. I slept through it. But as the day went on and hubby was talking about it, the bear got bigger and bigger.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67659 Dec 8, 2012
Murph wrote:
This was a grand and glorious day! I chose the Christmas sweater that I thought everyone would be wearing, but they weren't wearing Christmas sweaters. Now, we all have fabulous matching pashminas to wear. I haven't tried mine with my fleece jammies yet, but I know it is going to be awesome.
Liz is going to be So Jealous of the elbow length rubber gloves I got.
Dogs were in hawg heaven because they recognized three soft touches and got taken out about once every 30 minutes.
We ate Mexican food then a German chcolate upside down cake. Gosh, I hated to see them leave. It will be 2 or 3 months before I see them again.
Okay. Now I know what a pashmina is. What color? Do you all the same color? Mexican and German -- sounds like a feast to me!

I so glad you had a good time with them.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67660 Dec 9, 2012
Good morning, Allodies. I hope you have a lovely day.
Snarky--the pashminas are multi-color stripes. Mine is predominantly green. They aren't identical, but very similar.
Are you going bear hunting today?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67661 Dec 9, 2012
Cajun--I hope Nevaeh doesn't discover a Justice store. SHe is already carrying around an American Girl catalog. I think their prices are Waaaaaay up there.

My Ya-yas brought me so much cool stuff, I can have Christmas again tday, just going through it again. CUPS. I have Cups! I had brokn all but 3 of one set an all but 2 of another set. It just amazes me how much kitchen one litle cup of coffee can cover, when dropped.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67662 Dec 9, 2012
Good afternoon allbodies.

Well, the bear didn't show up last night. Hubby even topped of the pond for him. He managed to displace a great deal of water. I suggested a mild electrical current. Hubby looked at me like I was Lizzie Borden or something. It was just a suggestion.

So far today I have been to Pubix twice, once to Wally, got mom's laundry done, her bandage changed, her dishwasher loaded, run and emptied, did her banking and went to brunch with hubby.

I think I'm pooped.

Wal-Mart is a MADHOUSE!

Going to get cuppa.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67663 Dec 9, 2012
snarky wrote:
Good afternoon allbodies.
Well, the bear didn't show up last night. Hubby even topped of the pond for him. He managed to displace a great deal of water. I suggested a mild electrical current. Hubby looked at me like I was Lizzie Borden or something. It was just a suggestion.
So far today I have been to Pubix twice, once to Wally, got mom's laundry done, her bandage changed, her dishwasher loaded, run and emptied, did her banking and went to brunch with hubby.
I think I'm pooped.
Wal-Mart is a MADHOUSE!
Going to get cuppa.
Girl you have been an absolute whirlwind! Publix twice And Wally? You deserve a medal!

Last night, pain kept me awake nearly all night so, this morning, after daughter and DIL left, I went back to bed. My accomplishments for the day: Zilch.
Well, I don't know whether this counts but while I was dozing, I was thinking I was standing at the dining room table wrapping gifts and every time I cut some wrapping paper, I cut it the wrong size. I dreamed (nightmared) this for two hours.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67664 Dec 9, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl you have been an absolute whirlwind! Publix twice And Wally? You deserve a medal!
Last night, pain kept me awake nearly all night so, this morning, after daughter and DIL left, I went back to bed. My accomplishments for the day: Zilch.
Well, I don't know whether this counts but while I was dozing, I was thinking I was standing at the dining room table wrapping gifts and every time I cut some wrapping paper, I cut it the wrong size. I dreamed (nightmared) this for two hours.
Gift bags, girlfriend, gift bags.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67665 Dec 10, 2012
I've got a double fudge cake in the oven and I added crushed Heath bars to the frosting and cake and I added Hershey's chocolate syrup mixed all through and added extra cocoa. A true chocolate lovers delight.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67666 Dec 10, 2012
I'm trying hard to think is something special to cook for Christmas dinner, insucj if turkey and ham. I was thinking of doing a standing rib roast like Snsrky, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any good ideas? Us even be willing to a theme type dinner, maybe Cajun specialties. What are you guts having? In thinking about making a creole seafood gumbo, who knows what we'll end up with.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67667 Dec 10, 2012
Jeez, that last post sounded like a third grader wrote it, sorry!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67668 Dec 10, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
I've got a double fudge cake in the oven and I added crushed Heath bars to the frosting and cake and I added Hershey's chocolate syrup mixed all through and added extra cocoa. A true chocolate lovers delight.
Add a half a cup of strong coffee to that and you've got heaven on a plate. Sounds Sooo god!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67669 Dec 10, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
I'm trying hard to think is something special to cook for Christmas dinner, insucj if turkey and ham. I was thinking of doing a standing rib roast like Snsrky, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any good ideas? Us even be willing to a theme type dinner, maybe Cajun specialties. What are you guts having? In thinking about making a creole seafood gumbo, who knows what we'll end up with.
I think Beef Wellington sounds really good. I am not going to make it though; we're having ham. I have always thought Snarky's standing rib roast sounded wonderful.
Cajun specialties sounds great--that could become a new family tradition.

My hands wouldn't work all day. ABout 10 minutes ago, they started working. I decided to get up and get some gifts wrapped. I got up, looked at all the gifts waiting to be wrapped, and decided to go back to bed.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67670 Dec 11, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
I'm trying hard to think is something special to cook for Christmas dinner, insucj if turkey and ham. I was thinking of doing a standing rib roast like Snsrky, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any good ideas? Us even be willing to a theme type dinner, maybe Cajun specialties. What are you guts having? In thinking about making a creole seafood gumbo, who knows what we'll end up with.
I haven't talked to hubby yet, but I assume we will do a standing rib roast.(again)

I saw a cool post (someplace) that showed different themed bars. There was a Mexican bar, a breakfast bar, salad bar, and several others that looked really cool. If I can find it again, I will send you the link. Might give you an idea.

Actually, I would like to keep Christmas dinner simple. Hum. I need to give that some thought. I guess ordering pizza isn't gonna work. But simple is sounding good.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67671 Dec 11, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Beef Wellington sounds really good. I am not going to make it though; we're having ham. I have always thought Snarky's standing rib roast sounded wonderful.
Cajun specialties sounds great--that could become a new family tradition.
My hands wouldn't work all day. ABout 10 minutes ago, they started working. I decided to get up and get some gifts wrapped. I got up, looked at all the gifts waiting to be wrapped, and decided to go back to bed.
Good morning allbodies.

I'm glad you decided to give you hands a break and went back to bed! If I was there, we could have a wrapping/wine party. I'd wrap, you pour. Sounds like fun to me!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67672 Dec 11, 2012
Off to the salt mines. It thrills me thitless.

Have a great day allbodies!

“Merry Christmas”

Since: Jun 09

Hookerville, GA

#67673 Dec 11, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't talked to hubby yet, but I assume we will do a standing rib roast.(again)
I saw a cool post (someplace) that showed different themed bars. There was a Mexican bar, a breakfast bar, salad bar, and several others that looked really cool. If I can find it again, I will send you the link. Might give you an idea.
Actually, I would like to keep Christmas dinner simple. Hum. I need to give that some thought. I guess ordering pizza isn't gonna work. But simple is sounding good.
Waffle House is always open. If I thought I could get away with it, I would. My daughter's ex-father in law always does fried shrimp and hushpuppies on Christmas day. He has his secret recipe for the coating on the shrimp and a killer recipe for the hushpuppies. It's so, so good. Happy Holidays to one and all here!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67674 Dec 11, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning allbodies.
I'm glad you decided to give you hands a break and went back to bed! If I was there, we could have a wrapping/wine party. I'd wrap, you pour. Sounds like fun to me!
Now that sounds like a winner to me. I wish you were here. My pouring is not much better than my wrapping. Most of that good wine would go from the box to the table, totally missing the glass.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67675 Dec 11, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Waffle House is always open. If I thought I could get away with it, I would. My daughter's ex-father in law always does fried shrimp and hushpuppies on Christmas day. He has his secret recipe for the coating on the shrimp and a killer recipe for the hushpuppies. It's so, so good. Happy Holidays to one and all here!
Happy holidays to you, Cov.
Boy, that fried shrimp sounds good!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67676 Dec 11, 2012
Good morning, Allbodies. I wish you a wonderful day.
I found out yesterday that oldest GS and oldest GD Both have to work on Christmas Eve. What a bummer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min RealDave 1,153,925
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 44 min Roxie Darling 17,296
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 47 min WAS sanka 490,170
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 49,182
Sales Management Leadership Program in Orlando ... 5 hr OrlandoEvents 1
Randy Mcalpin VP Orlando Nissan 8 hr POOR SERVICE 10
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr Vic 96,625
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 20 hr Riverside 26,175
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
Roy Miller needs knee surgery to repair meniscus injury
NBC Sports 6:40 AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports