Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67570 Nov 20, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate people like that! My table won't look like a magazine picture at all. Ever.
My table won't ever look like that either, EVER! I'm such a failure! We are kinda um, laid back, if I fixed up my table, my hubs and boys would be shocked and probably think I was on drugs or something. We're more the serve off the bar kinda folks!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67571 Nov 20, 2012
snarky wrote:
Good morning, murkey lane.
Last day at work for the week. YEHAW
Have a great day!
Gee, why don't you brag about it, I gotta work! The word is we will be getting off early tomorrow, I hope they are right.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67572 Nov 20, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ground me Mama Murph! I'm here, I'm here, Sam ate my homework, I swear it!
Tell Sam his azz is grounded, too.
Good to see you.

Where do you work? Do you like it? I hope you ge off early tomorrow.

My KU boy turns 19 tomorrow so we are having a birthday party for im tomorrow evening, here. No one is going to be allowed to trot off leaving a third of a sheet cake and a full box of pizza like usually happens. I am going to be wrestling a 20 pound turkey with my sore hands and I am not going to deal with cluttered counters.

I think, for entertainment, I am going to have everyone working at fluffing out the branches of my new Christmas tree. Thanksgiving, I may have everyone putting a few ornaments on it.

Oldest daughter got the lighted garlands on the family room windows. I need to get the lighted door garland up. That is the only outside decorating I am going to do this year. I usually have abig weath on the fireplace chimney, but that has gotten to be more of a pain every year. The garland for the porch is looking a little scruffy--I think I will just throw it away and not replace it.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67573 Nov 20, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you.
My KU boy turns 19 tomorrow so we are having a birthday party for im tomorrow evening, here. No one is going to be allowed to trot off leaving a third of a sheet cake and a full box of pizza like usually happens. I am going to be wrestling a 20 pound turkey with my sore hands and I am not going to deal with cluttered counters.
I think, for entertainment, I am going to have everyone working at fluffing out the branches of my new Christmas tree. Thanksgiving, I may have everyone putting a few ornaments on it.
Oldest daughter got the lighted garlands on the family room windows. I need to get the lighted door garland up. That is the only outside decorating I am going to do this year. I usually have abig weath on the fireplace chimney, but that has gotten to be more of a pain every year. The garland for the porch is looking a little scruffy--I think I will just throw it away and not replace it.
I am working for a very expensive men's store that has transistioned into a store specializing in parochial school uniforms and law enforcement uniforms, accessories and cop toys. I have really gotten an education the past couple of weeks and I actually said the words to a huge man looking to get measured for a Sheriff uniform, "sorry, I don't do crotches!" Turn sideways, I measure outseams only dude! I'm getting along great with everyone, a very diverse staff and the company is local, was established in 1891, it's downtown, I walk to the bank and federal building everyday, I've met DOZENS of cops, emt's, firemen, correction officers, you name it. The building is turn of the century, the last one, its dark and spooky on the upper floors and kinda cool. The lower floor is updated but you should see all the exposed brick and original features, they're fantastic.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

#67574 Nov 20, 2012
Well I guess that now that I think about it it, it wasn't last century but the one before, geez, I'm getting old!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67575 Nov 21, 2012
LET THE COOKING BEGIN!

On the agenda today:

cranberries
sweet potato casserole (jr's job)
pumpkin pie (jr will help)
pumpkin mousse

Hum. I'm forgetting something. It will come to me.

Several years ago, mom wasn't feeling well enough to make her "famous" sweet potato casserole, so Jr. decided he would make it. He's been making it ever since and does a fine job.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67576 Nov 21, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth when I read this. Thit! I just bought my Thanksgiving groceries tonight when I got off work, my house is a mess and I have to work tomorrow! We are having Thanksgiving here this year, I invited an old friend to come be with us, he lost his father this year too and he has no family left around here. I just couldn't stand the thought of him being alone. Hubs and I have a secret mission to hook him up with my best friend in the world who lives in Houston, but her family lives here. The cool thing is, they were the best man and maid of honor at our wedding 31 years ago and they are both divorced. Hubs was working his magic when she came home for my dads funeral, we had already talked about it but I was busy and he took over. She called our friend when she got back to Houston, uh huh, the plan seems to be working.
How cool if you and hubs get to maid of honor and best man at their wedding!
Good luck!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67577 Nov 21, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ground me Mama Murph! I'm here, I'm here, Sam ate my homework, I swear it!
Good luck with that! I don't know if Murph is gonna buy that.

Funny story

Election day jr and I were going vote. The cat ran in the house as we were leaving. Jr. said what a pain the cat is and that he caught her eating paper several days earlier. Then he said it was his homework. He said, "yes, the cat ate my homework". He reminded me of the time that his older brother ate his homework when Jr. was in first grade. Try and convince your teacher of that one! Luckily older son had the same teacher in first grade and the teacher was not a bit surprised. Jr. is the only person I know that can say my brother ate my homework and get away with it.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67578 Nov 21, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you.
We have scaled back our outside decorations to almost nothing. We did the lights when the kids were little. Now, I'm doing good to slap a wreath on the door.

You could bill tonight's party as a birthday/tree decorating party. Make it festive and they won't realize what you have done.:)

Happy birthday to GS! It's nice that you don't let his birthday get overtaken by Thanksgiving.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67579 Nov 21, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am working for a very expensive men's store that has transistioned into a store specializing in parochial school uniforms and law enforcement uniforms, accessories and cop toys. I have really gotten an education the past couple of weeks and I actually said the words to a huge man looking to get measured for a Sheriff uniform, "sorry, I don't do crotches!" Turn sideways, I measure outseams only dude! I'm getting along great with everyone, a very diverse staff and the company is local, was established in 1891, it's downtown, I walk to the bank and federal building everyday, I've met DOZENS of cops, emt's, firemen, correction officers, you name it. The building is turn of the century, the last one, its dark and spooky on the upper floors and kinda cool. The lower floor is updated but you should see all the exposed brick and original features, they're fantastic.
Your job sounds fun. You might want to rethink the inseam thing. If you ever get pulled over and the cop knows you will be measuring his inseam one day, well, could work to your benefit. lol
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67580 Nov 21, 2012
snarky wrote:
LET THE COOKING BEGIN!
On the agenda today:
cranberries
sweet potato casserole (jr's job)
pumpkin pie (jr will help)
pumpkin mousse
Hum. I'm forgetting something. It will come to me.
Several years ago, mom wasn't feeling well enough to make her "famous" sweet potato casserole, so Jr. decided he would make it. He's been making it ever since and does a fine job.
How lovely to have help in the kitchen! And one with his own specialty dish. That will make the Thanksgiving prep much more fun.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67581 Nov 21, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck with that! I don't know if Murph is gonna buy that.
Funny story
Election day jr and I were going vote. The cat ran in the house as we were leaving. Jr. said what a pain the cat is and that he caught her eating paper several days earlier. Then he said it was his homework. He said, "yes, the cat ate my homework". He reminded me of the time that his older brother ate his homework when Jr. was in first grade. Try and convince your teacher of that one! Luckily older son had the same teacher in first grade and the teacher was not a bit surprised. Jr. is the only person I know that can say my brother ate my homework and get away with it.
ROFL!! Older son must have been a hoot while growing up.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67582 Nov 21, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
We have scaled back our outside decorations to almost nothing. We did the lights when the kids were little. Now, I'm doing good to slap a wreath on the door.
You could bill tonight's party as a birthday/tree decorating party. Make it festive and they won't realize what you have done.:)
Happy birthday to GS! It's nice that you don't let his birthday get overtaken by Thanksgiving.
Thank you for the bd wishes. I will relay them to GS.
He will do that slow, sweet smile.

Good idea about the tree. That puppy is going to take a Lot of work before the first ornament gets hung.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67583 Nov 21, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!! Older son must have been a hoot while growing up.
Yes, he is a real hoot. When you put the two of them together, it's very entertaining.

I forgot my "big" news. Jr.'s music teacher put him in for a scholarship and increased it to ten credit hours. Guess he really wants jr in choir and show choir. I haven't heard them perform yet.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67584 Nov 21, 2012
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a super cool job. Do you get to check out all the cop stuff while you are on break?(I was going to ask if you got to play with the cool cop toys, but thought I'd better re-word it).
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67585 Nov 21, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he is a real hoot. When you put the two of them together, it's very entertaining.
I forgot my "big" news. Jr.'s music teacher put him in for a scholarship and increased it to ten credit hours. Guess he really wants jr in choir and show choir. I haven't heard them perform yet.
Fantastic! You Go, Jr!!
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67586 Nov 21, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

“Ruby's back yard”

Since: Jun 09

Squirrel Haven, TN

#67587 Nov 22, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#67588 Nov 22, 2012
Good Morning All and Happy Thanksgiving.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#67589 Nov 22, 2012
Queen good luck with your new job. The building sounds awesome.
Have you had a chance to go upstairs and explore?
I watch haunted house shows and a lot of times people find things in old houses just by moving a loose brick.
Cajun Queen wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,126,161
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 min Helena-Handbasket 488,657
Boca woman sues UF fraternity brothers for secr... (Jul '08) 41 min Zac Siegel 362
Sarah Palin's father and brother pen book about... (Oct '12) 1 hr RuffnReddy 19
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr LizW 17,685
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 96,519
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 8 hr Princess Hey 2,538
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance