|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got me up at 2:12 AM thinking about Cake. Thank you.
Oooops. Sorry about that.

Good morning allbodies.

It's Monday again. Oh well. Short week.

Two days then I get to cook.

I enjoy Thanksgiving.

Have a great day.
Murph

Augusta, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops. Sorry about that.
Good morning allbodies.
It's Monday again. Oh well. Short week.
Two days then I get to cook.
I enjoy Thanksgiving.
Have a great day.
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies. I hope your day is good.

Snarky, I enjoy Thanksgiving too. I enjoy any holiday when I can be up at o'dark thirty with my hand up a cold turkey's butt. I enjoy it even more when that part of the day is over.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies. I hope your day is good.
Snarky, I enjoy Thanksgiving too. I enjoy any holiday when I can be up at o'dark thirty with my hand up a cold turkey's butt. I enjoy it even more when that part of the day is over.
I hear ya! But you have to do all that in order to get to my very favorite holiday -- the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Food is all cooked, house is clean. Company has gone home. Yup. That's MY day!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Does anyone plan on shopping Friday?
Murph

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snarky wrote:
Does anyone plan on shopping Friday?
Not me. Not even online
DIL was just telling me that she hadn't seen a thing in the ads that would make her want to get up early and she was anticipating staying in her cozy bed. Then both of her boys showed her the items in the ad that were exactly what they would like to get for Christmas.

My daughter always leaves right after Thanksgiving dinner, drives to Branson, checks into her motel that is within walking distance of the mall, the shops all Thanksgiving night, all Friday, and part of Saturday. Even in my best days, I could Not Do that.

A couple of years ago, both daughters went together and they had a blast. They hadn't had any 'sister time' for a while, so it was a wonderful trip for them.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Good morning, murkey lane.

Last day at work for the week. YEHAW

Have a great day!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Good Morning Ladies

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too. Luckily my brother has everyone over so no big mess here but I'll still make a turkey to have on hand at home. The kids love turkey salad sandwiches.

My daughter and I have been doing black Friday since she was about 3. It's our special Mother/Daughter time. We stopped doing those 3am early birds since the stores generally don't have what they advertise.
We usually start out at about 7 am and stop around 10pm. Discount stores first and then the mall.

Last year we changed it up a bit and went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and then just did the mall shopping during the day. We're thinking of doing it again this year since I've sort of forgot about how much I hated Walmart last year Thanksgiving night.
Did I tell you my daughter was inside the store and I ran out to the car for my checkbook? Meanwhile the Fire Marshall came and lock the store down. Long story short, My daughter was inside for 2 hours while I was locked outside for 2 hours. Hence I was not having a good time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Every year it's become a family tradition that after the football banquet we go to see Christmas decorations on this one street the kids refer to as Las Vegas.

The banquet is ALWAYS the first week in December.

They mailed the order form home for the tickets about a month ago and I was going to order them this week. Last week Noah was sick one day with the flu and on Thursday went to the Buffalo/Miami game. The banquet was the same night as the game, Noah forgot about the banquet and I was thinking it wasn't for another couple weeks. Noah wasn't upset about missing the banquet until he went to school yesterday and the coaches gave him the award for the most improved player. Poor kid missed his big moment.
Murph

Halstead, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
Every year it's become a family tradition that after the football banquet we go to see Christmas decorations on this one street the kids refer to as Las Vegas.
They mailed the order form home for the tickets about a month ago and I was going to order them this week. Last week Noah was sick one day with the flu and on Thursday went to the Buffalo/Miami game. The banquet was the same night as the game, Noah forgot about the banquet and I was thinking it wasn't for another couple weeks. Noah wasn't upset about missing the banquet until he went to school yesterday and the coaches gave him the award for the most improved player. Poor kid missed his big moment.
Well shoot! You Both missed a great moment! Did you ever hear why they started having it earlier?
Murph

Halstead, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

snarky wrote:
Good morning, murkey lane.
Last day at work for the week. YEHAW
Have a great day!
So where did my YEHAW post go?????
YEHAW! I am happy for you, Snarky. I hope you get some time Just for You (and for murkey lane).
My day started with Witnesses ringing my doorbell and the dogs going batchit crazy.

I've got to saddle up poor ol' Clyde and go looking for some MIA's. ANd you know who you are. ANd you know, when I find you, you are going to be SO grounded. Ain't nobody showed up with a written excuse.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I feel like a slug. I was just looking at a friend's FB page. She already has her table set beautifully for Thanksgiving. It looks like something out of a magazine.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I didn't find any of it out until yesterday. It's my own fault. I should have read the letter closer, I just assumed it would be in December like it's always been. Next year I'll keep a better eye on the dates.

I wish we were there to see his face when they called his name ( I wish he was there to hear his name too, lol).

Three awards were given. The MVP I knew was a given. The coaches award went to this super nice kid with the best attitude of anyone on the team. Also has a super cool Mom. I pegged him getting that award.

Noah's award I thought would end up being a toss up between 3 kids, all who were deserving.
Those kids will probably get the awards in the coming years. They're won't give the same awards to the same kids next year.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shoot! You Both missed a great moment! Did you ever hear why they started having it earlier?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
I feel like a slug. I was just looking at a friend's FB page. She already has her table set beautifully for Thanksgiving. It looks like something out of a magazine.
Smack that biotch!!! How dare she!
I don't even have tablecloths ironed yet.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

My mowing man has been here about 3 hours. I had told him on the phone that I just wanted mowed, that there was no need to do fall clean-up until the Sweet Gum trees lose their leaves.

He came to the door before he started. I don't think I negotiated this on well at all. If my reeling mind has a grasp on what was decided, it is that he thinks I am ready for fall clean-up. I think he should wait until the leaves have fallen to do fall clean-up. Since he is for fall clean-up and I am against fall clean-up,, he will do a half-assed fall clean-up and I will pay full price.

SNARKY-- I need you and Jean to come fix this for me.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
Good Morning Ladies
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too. Luckily my brother has everyone over so no big mess here but I'll still make a turkey to have on hand at home. The kids love turkey salad sandwiches.
My daughter and I have been doing black Friday since she was about 3. It's our special Mother/Daughter time. We stopped doing those 3am early birds since the stores generally don't have what they advertise.
We usually start out at about 7 am and stop around 10pm. Discount stores first and then the mall.
Last year we changed it up a bit and went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and then just did the mall shopping during the day. We're thinking of doing it again this year since I've sort of forgot about how much I hated Walmart last year Thanksgiving night.
Did I tell you my daughter was inside the store and I ran out to the car for my checkbook? Meanwhile the Fire Marshall came and lock the store down. Long story short, My daughter was inside for 2 hours while I was locked outside for 2 hours. Hence I was not having a good time.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Getting locked OUT of WalMart would normally indicate good karma. But if your daughter is inside, maybe not so much. My new worst nightmare -- getting locked IN Wally!!!!!

I went there last year and found mostly crap that I wouldn't give to anyone. I don't know if I'm going to try it this year. I just have never had good luck shopping on black Friday. I must be doing something wrong.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
Congrats to him even if he missed it! I'm sure he will have other awards in his life. Of course, this one will always be the one he missed.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
I hate people like that! My table won't look like a magazine picture at all. Ever.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Murph wrote:
My mowing man has been here about 3 hours. I had told him on the phone that I just wanted mowed, that there was no need to do fall clean-up until the Sweet Gum trees lose their leaves.
He came to the door before he started. I don't think I negotiated this on well at all. If my reeling mind has a grasp on what was decided, it is that he thinks I am ready for fall clean-up. I think he should wait until the leaves have fallen to do fall clean-up. Since he is for fall clean-up and I am against fall clean-up,, he will do a half-assed fall clean-up and I will pay full price.
SNARKY-- I need you and Jean to come fix this for me.
NOW IS THE TIME FOR YOUR CHAINSAW!!!!

Just hold that sucker in your hand while you are negotiating. I think you'll find things run much smoother.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW IS THE TIME FOR YOUR CHAINSAW!!!!
Just hold that sucker in your hand while you are negotiating. I think you'll find things run much smoother.
Turns out, he did a beautiful job and charged me $20.00 less than for a regular fall clean-up. I am glad to have it done, even though I know it will be covered with leaves by tomorrow morning.

Holding that chainsaw is a great idea. I can get a crazed look in my eye, easily.
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth when I read this. Thit! I just bought my Thanksgiving groceries tonight when I got off work, my house is a mess and I have to work tomorrow! We are having Thanksgiving here this year, I invited an old friend to come be with us, he lost his father this year too and he has no family left around here. I just couldn't stand the thought of him being alone. Hubs and I have a secret mission to hook him up with my best friend in the world who lives in Houston, but her family lives here. The cool thing is, they were the best man and maid of honor at our wedding 31 years ago and they are both divorced. Hubs was working his magic when she came home for my dads funeral, we had already talked about it but I was busy and he took over. She called our friend when she got back to Houston, uh huh, the plan seems to be working.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando