Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

I think we need to change the name of this thread -- I'm thinking dysfunction lane.

Thoughts?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph 7.00 for a bottle of wine. Don't just give that fine vino away. Save it for a special occasion. To be honest I'm not a big fan of wine. A 7.00 bottle tastes the same as a 100.00 bottle to me.
I've been reading a lot about the twinkie drama. It sounds like someone will end up buying the Hostess and they'll eventually resume making products.
Whatever happens I'm not going to be that heartbroken either way. I don't think I've ever bought or had a twinkie. They always looked kind of gross to me.
When we were young my Mom would buy the Ho Ho's and fruit pies and stick them in our lunches.
Good morning, Liz and Allbodies. I wish you a really happy Sunday.

Liz, I've got that bottle of wine hid in the back of my refrigerator. Also back there is the remains of the bottle of gin I used to soak white raisons (Gag!). When people start moving stuff around to find room for Thanksgiving leftovers, they are going to find my little 'secret'. I can hear them now.--Uh Huh. Sure, Mom. Of course you bought it for medicinal purposes."
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

snarky wrote:
I think we need to change the name of this thread -- I'm thinking dysfunction lane.
Thoughts?
Works for me!
Cajun Queen

Alexandria, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Good afternoon girls, we've had the kids since Thursday and they will be here until Wednesday. It's been a wild and crazy weekend, I'm pooped. I've got supper going and later I have to make a cake and dirty rice for a party at work tomorrow. What's everybody up to? I wish I had a glass of Murph's fine wine right now!
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Cajun Queen wrote:
Good afternoon girls, we've had the kids since Thursday and they will be here until Wednesday. It's been a wild and crazy weekend, I'm pooped. I've got supper going and later I have to make a cake and dirty rice for a party at work tomorrow. What's everybody up to? I wish I had a glass of Murph's fine wine right now!
I wish you were here and we could have a glass of that fine wine together. I wouldn't break this rare stuff out for just anybody. It is Manischewitz Concord Grape

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Cajun Queen wrote:
Murph will probably trade the wine for the cake.

What kind of cake (not the Murph is real selective about cake)?

Are you having a Thanksgiving party at work?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Murph will probably trade the wine for the cake.
What kind of cake (not the Murph is real selective about cake)?
Are you having a Thanksgiving party at work?
You have got me up at 2:12 AM thinking about Cake. Thank you.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got me up at 2:12 AM thinking about Cake. Thank you.
Oooops. Sorry about that.

Good morning allbodies.

It's Monday again. Oh well. Short week.

Two days then I get to cook.

I enjoy Thanksgiving.

Have a great day.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops. Sorry about that.
Good morning allbodies.
It's Monday again. Oh well. Short week.
Two days then I get to cook.
I enjoy Thanksgiving.
Have a great day.
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies. I hope your day is good.

Snarky, I enjoy Thanksgiving too. I enjoy any holiday when I can be up at o'dark thirty with my hand up a cold turkey's butt. I enjoy it even more when that part of the day is over.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies. I hope your day is good.
Snarky, I enjoy Thanksgiving too. I enjoy any holiday when I can be up at o'dark thirty with my hand up a cold turkey's butt. I enjoy it even more when that part of the day is over.
I hear ya! But you have to do all that in order to get to my very favorite holiday -- the day AFTER Thanksgiving. Food is all cooked, house is clean. Company has gone home. Yup. That's MY day!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Does anyone plan on shopping Friday?
Murph

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

snarky wrote:
Does anyone plan on shopping Friday?
Not me. Not even online
DIL was just telling me that she hadn't seen a thing in the ads that would make her want to get up early and she was anticipating staying in her cozy bed. Then both of her boys showed her the items in the ad that were exactly what they would like to get for Christmas.

My daughter always leaves right after Thanksgiving dinner, drives to Branson, checks into her motel that is within walking distance of the mall, the shops all Thanksgiving night, all Friday, and part of Saturday. Even in my best days, I could Not Do that.

A couple of years ago, both daughters went together and they had a blast. They hadn't had any 'sister time' for a while, so it was a wonderful trip for them.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Good morning, murkey lane.

Last day at work for the week. YEHAW

Have a great day!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Good Morning Ladies

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too. Luckily my brother has everyone over so no big mess here but I'll still make a turkey to have on hand at home. The kids love turkey salad sandwiches.

My daughter and I have been doing black Friday since she was about 3. It's our special Mother/Daughter time. We stopped doing those 3am early birds since the stores generally don't have what they advertise.
We usually start out at about 7 am and stop around 10pm. Discount stores first and then the mall.

Last year we changed it up a bit and went to Walmart Thanksgiving night and then just did the mall shopping during the day. We're thinking of doing it again this year since I've sort of forgot about how much I hated Walmart last year Thanksgiving night.
Did I tell you my daughter was inside the store and I ran out to the car for my checkbook? Meanwhile the Fire Marshall came and lock the store down. Long story short, My daughter was inside for 2 hours while I was locked outside for 2 hours. Hence I was not having a good time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Every year it's become a family tradition that after the football banquet we go to see Christmas decorations on this one street the kids refer to as Las Vegas.

The banquet is ALWAYS the first week in December.

They mailed the order form home for the tickets about a month ago and I was going to order them this week. Last week Noah was sick one day with the flu and on Thursday went to the Buffalo/Miami game. The banquet was the same night as the game, Noah forgot about the banquet and I was thinking it wasn't for another couple weeks. Noah wasn't upset about missing the banquet until he went to school yesterday and the coaches gave him the award for the most improved player. Poor kid missed his big moment.
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
Every year it's become a family tradition that after the football banquet we go to see Christmas decorations on this one street the kids refer to as Las Vegas.
The banquet is ALWAYS the first week in December.
They mailed the order form home for the tickets about a month ago and I was going to order them this week. Last week Noah was sick one day with the flu and on Thursday went to the Buffalo/Miami game. The banquet was the same night as the game, Noah forgot about the banquet and I was thinking it wasn't for another couple weeks. Noah wasn't upset about missing the banquet until he went to school yesterday and the coaches gave him the award for the most improved player. Poor kid missed his big moment.
Well shoot! You Both missed a great moment! Did you ever hear why they started having it earlier?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

snarky wrote:
Good morning, murkey lane.
Last day at work for the week. YEHAW
Have a great day!
So where did my YEHAW post go?????
YEHAW! I am happy for you, Snarky. I hope you get some time Just for You (and for murkey lane).
My day started with Witnesses ringing my doorbell and the dogs going batchit crazy.

I've got to saddle up poor ol' Clyde and go looking for some MIA's. ANd you know who you are. ANd you know, when I find you, you are going to be SO grounded. Ain't nobody showed up with a written excuse.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I feel like a slug. I was just looking at a friend's FB page. She already has her table set beautifully for Thanksgiving. It looks like something out of a magazine.

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I didn't find any of it out until yesterday. It's my own fault. I should have read the letter closer, I just assumed it would be in December like it's always been. Next year I'll keep a better eye on the dates.

I wish we were there to see his face when they called his name ( I wish he was there to hear his name too, lol).

Three awards were given. The MVP I knew was a given. The coaches award went to this super nice kid with the best attitude of anyone on the team. Also has a super cool Mom. I pegged him getting that award.

Noah's award I thought would end up being a toss up between 3 kids, all who were deserving.
Those kids will probably get the awards in the coming years. They're won't give the same awards to the same kids next year.
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Well shoot! You Both missed a great moment! Did you ever hear why they started having it earlier?
Murph

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

LizW wrote:
I feel like a slug. I was just looking at a friend's FB page. She already has her table set beautifully for Thanksgiving. It looks like something out of a magazine.
Smack that biotch!!! How dare she!
I don't even have tablecloths ironed yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 min Mary NY 483,808
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,900
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min SpaceBlues 45,767
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 2 hr PATHETIC PRINCESS 4,105
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 3 hr texan 2,386
What life is like for Casey Anthony 3 hr Children should be loved 32
CAUTION! Before hiring lawfirm of Morgan & Morg... (Mar '10) 4 hr Kelly 31
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search