Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit
Murph

Augusta, KS

#67066 Oct 12, 2012
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are some busy kids!
I cut and cleared the last official flowerbed. I still need to go around and snip off the little islands of black eyed susans.
The sun shining on orange and red leaves makes your mind think that it should be warm. It is 53. Little chilly on my earth damp knees.
But what a glorious day. Birds, and wind, and sun, a hawks' cry as he circles overhead.
I found several stones that are poking up out of the ground. I gotta dig em up, or they will pose a problem for the mower blades next spring.
Looking forward to a toasty shower.
Oh, I am So jealous! My flower beds All need attention.
Do you know what a chop saw is? I didn't until today.(Thank God!) My aunt was telling me that my cousin's son was using a chop saw last Saturday and cut his index finger off between the first and second knuckle. They just did the surgery today (I cannot believe, a whole damn week???!!!) She said he has a pin sticking out where the finger is gone. He is in a lot of pain and has been ever since it happened.
After she told me, I Googled them. They look sort of like they were created for the purpose of cutting fingers off.
Murph

Augusta, KS

#67067 Oct 12, 2012
I finally fessed up to my aunt that I couldn't use the bed. She was just flabbergasted. She said she had thought that be would be the answer to my back pain.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#67068 Oct 13, 2012
Good morning, IL.

It's finally starting to cool off. We were in the 60's in the mornings this week.

A friend made me asian peanut noodles with chicken for my birthday. It was out of this world. I got the recipe, so I think I'm going to try it this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67069 Oct 13, 2012
snarky wrote:
Good morning, IL.
It's finally starting to cool off. We were in the 60's in the mornings this week.
A friend made me asian peanut noodles with chicken for my birthday. It was out of this world. I got the recipe, so I think I'm going to try it this weekend.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Sonic Saturday.
Snarky, that sounds really good. I hope it turns out perfect.

A bunch of men from the church are cutting some Huge, dead trees on the tree line of the parsonage next door. This means, I guess, that Murphy and Marley are going to bark non-stop all day long. My neighbor came over and told me they were coming and ten minutes later they were there,cutting.

My GS's b-day party starts at 1, at son's house. His 14th birthday is actually next Thursday.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67070 Oct 13, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, Snarky and Allbodies. I hope you have a lovely Sonic Saturday.
Snarky, that sounds really good. I hope it turns out perfect.
A bunch of men from the church are cutting some Huge, dead trees on the tree line of the parsonage next door. This means, I guess, that Murphy and Marley are going to bark non-stop all day long. My neighbor came over and told me they were coming and ten minutes later they were there,cutting.
My GS's b-day party starts at 1, at son's house. His 14th birthday is actually next Thursday.
Are you going to help the church dudes cut down the trees?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67071 Oct 13, 2012
snarky wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to help the church dudes cut down the trees?
Heehee. Oldest daughter came in while they were working. She said, "Oh, thank God, you're in here--I thought that was you out there with the chain saw."
They did a really good job. There are still a couple of dead trees in that tree line that they probably intended to cut, but it started raining.

It is really pouring down right now, and lots of thunder.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67072 Oct 13, 2012
PS--I forgot to mention: neighbor came back over and asked if I needed them to do anything on my trees. I had one that was dead and another that was sort of deformed, and lots of suckers from one growing up by my little porch. They took care of all of that.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67073 Oct 13, 2012
That was a lovely party. Rained like crazy while we were there.
Murph

Mulvane, KS

#67074 Oct 13, 2012
We have a storm headed toward us with 50mph wind and dime size hail.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#67075 Oct 13, 2012
Murph wrote:
We have a storm headed toward us with 50mph wind and dime size hail.
Stay safe. So glad to hear that someone came and took care of the dead trees, etc. Even though my husband does all that around here, I worry about him getting up in the trees and sawing limbs. We can afford to pay someone to do that, and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than if husband fell and broke something. I just want him to be around for a lot of years and would much rather pay a professional than take a chance with him having an accident. I've seen him on a ladder, tethered by one of his belts and just cringed. He wants to do it all, but doesn't have the common sense the good Lord gave a manure eating duck sometimes.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67076 Oct 13, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Stay safe. So glad to hear that someone came and took care of the dead trees, etc. Even though my husband does all that around here, I worry about him getting up in the trees and sawing limbs. We can afford to pay someone to do that, and it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than if husband fell and broke something. I just want him to be around for a lot of years and would much rather pay a professional than take a chance with him having an accident. I've seen him on a ladder, tethered by one of his belts and just cringed. He wants to do it all, but doesn't have the common sense the good Lord gave a manure eating duck sometimes.
That is probably what my kids and friends say about me. If it is Outside and if I can possibly do it myself, I will. I don't mind at all hiring someone to do Inside work.
Marley

Monaca, PA

#67077 Oct 14, 2012
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
That is probably what my kids and friends say about me. If it is Outside and if I can possibly do it myself, I will. I don't mind at all hiring someone to do Inside work.
Good morning Murph and allbodies.
You make me laugh Murphy girl!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67078 Oct 14, 2012
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Murph and allbodies.
You make me laugh Murphy girl!
Good morning, Marley and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
It is beautiful here. The storm last night was nothing but some lovely thunder and rain. No big wind, no hail.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67079 Oct 14, 2012
Morning allbodies

I hope every is having a great day. I got mom's shopping done.

Gotta go to Wally later.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67080 Oct 14, 2012
Good morning All.
The daily drizzle has started here, but we did get 82 days with no rain, a record in these parts! I haven't heard a word about the fires on the other side of the cascades so hopefully this weather will damp them down too.
Enjoy your day.
beatnick

Olympia, WA

#67081 Oct 14, 2012
Or I could say tamp them down instead of damp them down lol!

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67082 Oct 14, 2012
Good to see you, Beat.

Hubby and I just went to Wally. Of course it was mobbed. While waiting in the checkout line hubby started acting strange. I asked him was he was doing.

He said he soaking in the Wally ambiance.

Cracked me up.

“tell it to the sock”

Level 5

Location hidden

#67083 Oct 14, 2012
I just watched the live coverage of the guy skydiving from the "edge of space". WOW

When they showed him standing on that little platform getting ready to jump, I thought I was gonna hurl. Can't believe anyone has the guts to step off that platform!
Marley

Monaca, PA

#67084 Oct 14, 2012
snarky wrote:
I just watched the live coverage of the guy skydiving from the "edge of space". WOW
When they showed him standing on that little platform getting ready to jump, I thought I was gonna hurl. Can't believe anyone has the guts to step off that platform!
HOLY Cow.

He sure had confidence in his suit!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#67085 Oct 14, 2012
My cousin just called. I had foun some branches to lop and haul to the road, wore myself out, and had gone to bed. She called and said she and her husband were just leavng the Sugar Mond Festival in Mound City and would be here in about an hour and a half. I am SO happy. She always finds really awesome stuff at that festival.

I'd sure like to see that one more time. It has been several years since I went and people then were saying that it was one of the best arts and crafts shows in the nation. The first year that I went, I got a Whole Lot of Christmas shopping done, after that, not as much, but still lots.

Shoot! I wish I hadtold her to run back and get me a funnel cake!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min g wallace 1,275,914
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 19 min Maverick 808 19,020
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 49 min Princess Hey 9,495
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 57 min Princess Hey 22,474
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 18,245
The alphabet (Jun '06) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,443
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr hansluver 502,143
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages