Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#508703 Oct 21, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
But nothing got skillfully pulled off..... The prisoners are already back in jail.
I'd categorize the entire endeavour as a failure, wouldn't you?
It depends on how you view it.

It was a success in that someone(s) scammed the system. I said before that as both of men registered as felons within 3 days of their release, I'm pretty sure they didn't have a hand in creating the forged docs which led to their release.

The families also said, they were surprised when told their relative was being released, but overjoyed at the same time. Okay, I can buy that explanation, be it true or not true, it's still plausible.

In this scam was perpetuated by an unknown person or persons, the one connection to 2013 and 2011, could be the clue to solving this. A personal vendetta maybe? Or easy pickin's coming from the same source pool? Or just a coincidence?

It's being reported that more arrests are pending and I am interested in learning how big of a net it reaches. Again, assuming we are told all the facts.

Level 7

Location hidden

#508704 Oct 21, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you might google the definition of "settle". The term involves agreement by both parties and sorry, the amount in mention is $75000, not ziltch.
I know the definition. What words I use I a public forum are always chosen with care.

$75K on PAPER, is zilch.

Maybe you should review how bankruptcies work. Especially in a
no- asset filing.

Level 7

Location hidden

#508706 Oct 21, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your opinion of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy whereby the Trustee negotiates settlement agreements between certain unsecured debtors and the creditor, who has only $1000 in declared assets which are all exempt, while other disputed creditors to whom almost a million is owed are left out in the cold?
Given your focus on legal aspects, I'd think you might notice something amiss?
The Trustee didn't negotiate the TES settlement. The attorneys for each party did.

In the matter of the sale of intangible rights for her story, the Trustee brought a separate action on his own, therefore his "negotiation" as to settlement in that dispute, would be expected.

The other creditors have the same right to negotiate a settlement....providing they can prove they have legal standing in the matter. So far, not one of them has.

See it for what it is....a save face move on behalf of TES.

Casey can't be made to "pay" any creditor as she has no money. So in the end,(pending Judge Mays final ruling on the two pending actions by Kronk and ZoK), this BK will go the way all other no-asset filings go and it will be over and done.

“Don't try to”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

if u can't shake it.

#508707 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Rambler, TES "settled" for being allowed to add their claim to her list of creditors.
The dollar amount means zilch.
They withdrew their civil action.
Casey won again.
Do you consider her killing her little girl Caylee Marie her first WIN?

Anthony will pay the search-and-rescue group Texas Equusearch $75,000.

She HAD to settle as they had a real claim on her and she couldn't risk the kind of questions that would've been asked of her.

I'm sure she will be sent much money from Red Deer to help pay for her troubles.

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#508708 Oct 21, 2013
MADDY wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMM Good Point- Well taken indeed - BUT Does this mean that the descendants of the Pilgrims who chose to 'Settle' in Jamestown can now sue ?????
Snuggle up tight in ya Bunker tonight Darlin.. The Pilgrim
Descendents are coming.
Pretty sure whoever married a certain CaseyLover definitely "settled".
Do you think he could sue Casey for taking the affections and mind of ngrace?

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#508709 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>e
If the story in the OS is true, this doesn't appear to be such a great settlement for TES. It looks as if Casey got the better part of the deal, imo.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/cay...
(snipped)
> In a settlement filed Friday, EquuSearch agrees to drop its complaint. Anthony agrees to allow EquuSearch to claim $75,000 as a creditor. <
she got away with murder, quite "the deal" there, EH?

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#508710 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
The Trustee didn't negotiate the TES settlement. The attorneys for each party did.
In the matter of the sale of intangible rights for her story, the Trustee brought a separate action on his own, therefore his "negotiation" as to settlement in that dispute, would be expected.
The other creditors have the same right to negotiate a settlement....providing they can prove they have legal standing in the matter. So far, not one of them has.
Casey can't be made to "pay" any creditor as she has no money. So in the end,(pending Judge Mays final ruling on the two pending actions by Kronk and ZoK), this BK will go the way all other no-asset filings go and it will be over and done.
Casey is a Bum .

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#508711 Oct 21, 2013
Hey Marce, Critical Mass comes out tomorrow!!!!!!!

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#508712 Oct 21, 2013
Oneinsixbillion wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey is a Bum .
Don't forget HOOR also.

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#508713 Oct 21, 2013
No one will buy "her story" who wants to read lies?
What ever happened to Dom Casey's fabulous book?
Wasn't Mommy Dearest CinCin also writing some pile o crap? Too busy having garage sales and screeching at JoJo to finish?

“Don't try to”

Level 8

if u can't shake it.

#508715 Oct 21, 2013
Lawdy, lawdy, where did all the clamoring childkiller lovers run off to?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508716 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Rambler, TES "settled" for being allowed to add their claim to her list of creditors.
The dollar amount means zilch.
They withdrew their civil action.
Casey won again.
TES already was on the list of creditors.

So was Tim Miller, the only creditor "UNdisputed".

I must say you have a dreadfully poor memory.

Level 7

Location hidden

#508717 Oct 21, 2013
WAS sanka wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider her killing her little girl Caylee Marie her first WIN?
Anthony will pay the search-and-rescue group Texas Equusearch $75,000.
She HAD to settle as they had a real claim on her and she couldn't risk the kind of questions that would've been asked of her.
I'm sure she will be sent much money from Red Deer to help pay for her troubles.
She didn't kill her little girl, so let's get past what you think and I think. Fact is, the State couldn't prove Caylee did not drown and they didn't even try to. The State knew a lot more than you or I know.....they knew what went on behind closed doors in Court, as well as having thousands upon thousands of bench conferences in the case. And they still they failed to put a dent in Baez's opening statement. Period.

Casey does NOT have to pay TES $75K! The negotiated settlement between TES attorney and Casey's attorney was TES would stop pursuing their civil case and Casey would agree to letting TES be added to her list of creditors, in the amount of $75K.

If you don't understand this simple concept as a way to save face on TES's part, perhaps you might want to review what happens during bankruptcy.

In other words, TES can't get what Casey "ain't" got. They knew this before "agreeing to settle". That's why this "settlement agreement", per se, is nothing more than a way to walk away, head held high, without incurring further costs.

BTW......TES could not prove any of the alleged "facts" in their lawsuit against Casey Anthony and would have lost in civil court had it been allowed to get that far. Of course, they would first have to prove in bankruptcy court that they even had a legal leg to stand on, which they couldn't.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508718 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, wrong, wrong. From the time a bankruptcy is filed until it is discharged, the Trustee is responsible for the administration of the estate of the debtor, not other attorneys. I thought you were interested in the legal aspects?

As far as TES goes, a $75000 settlement saving both side court fees is a win. Too bad we don't know the real story.......but any idiot can see that obviously this is not a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
OMG

Mount Holly, NJ

#508719 Oct 21, 2013
WOW Rambler, you really need to get a life. I feel sorry for you. so sad how you just live on topix.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508720 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
.........In fact, what bothers me is the ruse used to take her to trial. Even more bothersome is, the death penalty was sought and had the jury verdict gone the other way, she might be sitting on death row for a "crime", the facts didn't prove, even happened.
I can't help but still chuckle over what's now bothersome to you.......considering you're supposed to be the same poster who began several threads to encourage discussion prior to the trial and verdict.....

Remember that?

Several versions of --

"Casey: Does the States Have the Goods to Convict?"

That's quite different than - Casey: the Grave Injustice of it all!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508721 Oct 21, 2013
OMG wrote:
WOW Rambler, you really need to get a life. I feel sorry for you. so sad how you just live on topix.
I have a life. I'm just passing some time until Alberta municipal election results begin to role in.

You?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508722 Oct 21, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, TES can't get what Casey "ain't" got. They knew this before "agreeing to settle". That's why this "settlement agreement", per se, is nothing more than a way to walk away, head held high, without incurring further costs.
BTW......TES could not prove any of the alleged "facts" in their lawsuit against Casey Anthony and would have lost in civil court had it been allowed to get that far. Of course, they would first have to prove in bankruptcy court that they even had a legal leg to stand on, which they couldn't.
Settlement agreements are made to avoid civil suits which, under legal advice, the defendant has a good chance of losing.

An agreed upon sum of $75,000 was settled, whether you like it or not. No proof of a "legal leg" is required because by all account, CMA has acknowledged the obligation. There's no reason to confuse yourself further.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508725 Oct 21, 2013
Wites & Kapetan, P.A. and Meland Russin & Budwick, P.A. Announce That Texas Equusearch Reaches Settlement Allowing Pursuit of Claims against Casey Anthony in Bankruptcy Court

LIGHTHOUSE POINT, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tim Miller and Texas Equusearch (TES) first learned, along with the rest of the world, that Caylee Anthony was already dead before TES’s massive search for her began, when her criminal attorney announced in his opening statement during Ms. Anthony’s murder trial that Caylee was “never missing. Caylee Anthony died on June 16, 2008, when she drowned in her family’s swimming pool.” TES, its members, and countless volunteers, launched a massive search for Caylee, and spent over $100,000, conducting a search to find a missing child that, all the while, Ms. Anthony’s defense counsel admitted Ms. Anthony already knew to be deceased. In the fall of 2008, while this search was conducted, TES was forced to turn away calls for help from other families across the nation who were searching for persons that were truly missing.

“never missing. Caylee Anthony died on June 16, 2008, when she drowned in her family’s swimming pool.”
TES, through its lawyers, Wites & Kapetan, P.A., filed a lawsuit in Orange County Florida state court to recover these funds, alleging that Ms. Anthony made fraudulent and material misrepresentations and omissions to TES concerning the whereabouts and living status of Caylee. TES had hoped to win the case and use the money to help other families. Ms. Anthony vigorously defended the case, and ultimately filed bankruptcy asking the federal bankruptcy court to forgive all of her debts.

TES, through its bankruptcy counsel, Meland Russin & Budwick, P.A., filed an unsecured proof of claim in Ms. Anthony’s bankruptcy estate and objected to her request for a discharge in the bankruptcy court, which would serve to forgive and erase all of her debts. TES’s efforts in the bankruptcy court were based on similar allegations TES made in its state court lawsuit against Ms. Anthony.

Like the state court lawsuit, the pursuit of the bankruptcy objection would require TES to expend considerable time and resources. Even though Wites & Kapetan, P.A., and Meland Russin & Budwick, P.A. are working pro bono, the cases still require a considerable amount of Mr. Miller’s time and energy, and would have required him to travel to Florida for various events in the proceeding, and potentially attend one or more lengthy trials. This also would require TES to expend additional money to pay for Mr. Miller’s travel expenses, and would again prohibit Mr. Miller and TES from helping other families that are truly in need.

While many have debated whether Casey Anthony will ever financially profit from Caylee’s death, one thing is certain; the time and money that TES must spend to pursue these claims are being taken from other families that really need their help. Accordingly, after considerable thought, and with the utmost concern and consideration for the many people that volunteer their time and money to TES, TES has decided to enter into a settlement agreement with Ms. Anthony.

Primarily, TES will voluntarily dismiss its objection to Ms. Anthony’s bankruptcy petition for discharge, in exchange for Ms. Anthony agreeing to not contest TES’s claim in the bankruptcy proceeding in the amount of $75,000.00. TES believes the settlement with Ms. Anthony is in the best interests of TES, its volunteers and its donors. TES intends to file a motion with the bankruptcy court seeking approval of the settlement agreement.

Press inquiries may be directed to TES’s legal counsel, Marc A. Wites of Wites & Kapetan, P.A., and Peter D. Russin of Meland Russin & Budwick, P.A..
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2013101...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#508726 Oct 21, 2013
* October 18, 2013 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,115,304
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 7 min Liberal forever 2,141
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Patriot AKA Bozo 47,029
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 22 min Liberal forever 2,986
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 52 min Mary NY 25,884
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 55 min Bunner 96,467
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 3 hr Lon Spector 120
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]