CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 23,433)

Showing posts 468,641 - 468,660 of483,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505094
Jul 3, 2013
 
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, imo George Zimmerman could probably have done better defending himself than by showboat O'Mara. He made it blatantly clear his intention was to high profile the trial from the day he signed on and began asking for donations...it is my prerogative to boycott slimballs looking for fame.
No wonder the prosection has introduced witnesses partial to the defense - at least it gives GZ a shot at a fair trial.
O'Mara isn't on trial.

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505095
Jul 3, 2013
 
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, imo George Zimmerman could probably have done better defending himself than by showboat O'Mara. He made it blatantly clear his intention was to high profile the trial from the day he signed on and began asking for donations...it is my prerogative to boycott slimballs looking for fame.
No wonder the prosection has introduced witnesses partial to the defense - at least it gives GZ a shot at a fair trial.
Too funny. You bought the greaseball Baez's book but you "boycott" Mr. OMara who is doing a great job of getting all the prosecution's witnesses to testify for the defense....and managing to do it without slandering anyone by calling them child molesters. I guess a real attorney is just too bizarre for a Jose Baez fan, huh? That's OK. Mr. Zimmerman will be found not guilty without any input from the nutcase section.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505096
Jul 3, 2013
 
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
On his (Cheney Mason's) relationship with George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O'Mara:
“We’re friends I’ve talked to him several times about what he can expect and not expect with this case, any more so than anyone else does.”
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...
*****
If Mark O'Mara and "his group" are otherwise ostracized from the legal community, nobody has to wonder why.
No one will be ostracized in the legal community........they know it's just how they all earn a living. It's not personal.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505097
Jul 3, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Mara isn't on trial.
But he's representing the defendant who is on trial. According to you, trials are but chess game amongst attorneys. If I was a spectator, I'd be booing MM.....which runs contrary to the defendant's presumption of innocence unless proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Therefore, I'm standing down, it's as simple as that.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505098
Jul 3, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will be ostracized in the legal community........they know it's just how they all earn a living. It's not personal.
By attorneys begging for money from the public? No, that's not how they "all" earn a living - O'Mara is the exception. Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!

There's a system in place for indigenous defendants called The Public Defender's Office.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505099
Jul 3, 2013
 
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny. You bought the greaseball Baez's book but you "boycott" Mr. OMara who is doing a great job of getting all the prosecution's witnesses to testify for the defense....and managing to do it without slandering anyone by calling them child molesters. I guess a real attorney is just too bizarre for a Jose Baez fan, huh? That's OK. Mr. Zimmerman will be found not guilty without any input from the nutcase section.
I refuse to lower myself by nasty name calling, googling smut on Mark O'Mara or otherwise participate in spreading false scandal just because I don't have any respect for the man.....unlike the junior high school bully behaviour you minions display toward Jose Baez.

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505100
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
It might..........why else wouldn't you want to follow a case about the legalized murder of an unarmed kid, with so many side-issues attached to it?
It seems this would be the perfect case for you to follow.
Your frustration is showing ngrace...

The Casey Anthony case is the only case I followed very closely...because I saw them in Moore Haven., after Jose
Baez claimed Caylee drowned June 16th BS.
I have a Special interest in Caylee.

All other cases., I just listen to the News...and keep up with the news....Are you going to call me a racist too?
6657

I got a Life...outside Social media...Do You ngrace?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505102
Jul 4, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he has other business at the same courthouse, unrelated to Zimmerman.
Daily Docket - Civil Division K, Judge Nelson
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...

By chance is his business in Civil Court, heard before Judge Debra Nelson?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505103
Jul 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Beginning next Monday July 8, Judge Debra Nelson's docket is cleared for a Civil Trial.

I guess that means the George Zimmerman Criminal Trial is expected to wind up by then, eh?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505104
Jul 4, 2013
 
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Your frustration is showing ngrace...
The Casey Anthony case is the only case I followed very closely...because I saw them in Moore Haven., after Jose
Baez claimed Caylee drowned June 16th BS.
I have a Special interest in Caylee.
All other cases., I just listen to the News...and keep up with the news....Are you going to call me a racist too?
6657
I got a Life...outside Social media...Do You ngrace?
Speaking of sightings, have you seen any coyotes cams?

********

Department of Environmental Conservation: Long Island's first coyote spotted in Water Mill
Originally published: July 2, 2013 12:26 PM
Updated: July 2, 2013 5:22 PM

WATER MILL - Officials say Long Island has had its first confirmed coyote spotting.
Farmer Rick Wesnofske says he couldn't believe his eyes last week when he saw a coyote walking through his Water Mill potato field.

The Department of Environmental Conservation confirms the coyote sighting is Long Island's first. Now, the DEC is investigating whether there could be others in the area.

DEC wildlife biologist Josh Stiller says it's likely that the coyote is a loner and came from Queens.
Stiller says most coyotes won’t instigate conflicts with humans.

The DEC plans to set up cameras to try to get more photos of the coyote and to check for others.
http://longisland.news12.com/news/department-...

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505105
Jul 4, 2013
 
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Your frustration is showing ngrace...
The Casey Anthony case is the only case I followed very closely...because I saw them in Moore Haven., after Jose
Baez claimed Caylee drowned June 16th BS.
I have a Special interest in Caylee.
All other cases., I just listen to the News...and keep up with the news....Are you going to call me a racist too?
6657
I got a Life...outside Social media...Do You ngrace?
I didn't call anyone a racist; I answered a question. Considering her interests vary so widely, my answer was as ambiguous as her question.

As to social media, no, I don't spend all my time on social media. But I do follow cases that interest me. In the days of Court-TV, I could leave it on as background noise while I tended to other matters which kept me inside.

As to the Casey case, I started following it intently because it centered on a missing child in my area, and like everyone else, my focus was on how to help locate her. Thanks to Florida's Sunshine Laws,and the intense interest in the case locally, I studied the docs as they came out, and the docs were painting a far different picture than what was being reported on the news, and I wanted to know why that was. In studying those docs, it became clear to me that the case against Casey was full of holes and that didn't sit too well with me because I believe that a conviction at any price, isn't what justice is supposed to be about. I didn't set out to defend Casey, but when I saw how unfairly she was being portrayed, when the facts were vastly different, I had to speak out and I joined in with thousands upon thousands of people on social media who were talking non-stop about the case.

Currently, I am following the GZ case because it happened in my own backyard so to speak, and because it involves the killing of an unarmed child who was guilty of nothing other than walking home in the rain and the man who took his life could get off because of a very poorly written loophole in the laws of the State I live in. And once again, I can't ignore what I see as a wrong, not only to Trayvon Martin and his family, but to every citizen of this State, regardless of their race, who could be legally gunned down due to a bad law that says anyone can kill another human being and get away with it, simply by saying they were in fear for their life.

You say you saw an alive Caylee Anthony and that's your only reason for speaking out......my reasons for speaking out aren't as narrowly defined.

"My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it." - Edward M. Kennedy

OT:( I will never be remembered as eloquently, but if I am remembered for anything, I can only hope those I hold most dear, will remember what I tried to instill in them.)

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505106
Jul 4, 2013
 
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
By attorneys begging for money from the public? No, that's not how they "all" earn a living - O'Mara is the exception. Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!
There's a system in place for indigenous defendants called The Public Defender's Office.
You seem outraged that he would do this.......so are many others who realize why he did it and who he was reaching out to. It appears to have worked.

"Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!"

I agree.

Like I said, I would think the many side issues in this case would be something you would be interested in sleuthing out.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505107
Jul 4, 2013
 
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Daily Docket - Civil Division K, Judge Nelson
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...
By chance is his business in Civil Court, heard before Judge Debra Nelson?
All I know is exactly what you know, based upon the story on CFNEWS13.

The docket is clearly not up to date, though, as she has been on the bench at 9:00AM sharp every day, and on a few days, by 8:30AM, as she will be tomorrow.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505108
Jul 4, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem outraged that he would do this.......so are many others who realize why he did it and who he was reaching out to. It appears to have worked.
"Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!"
I agree.
Like I said, I would think the many side issues in this case would be something you would be interested in sleuthing out.
I did my research and determined I am not interested in a reality show presented as a true story in order to legitimize a fundraising scheme.

Couldn't the scriptwriters be more diligent in their research than choosing a CIVIL Judge to preside over the trial who handles CIVIL cases, or is it assumed that everyone who follows it, like you, are so dumb they don't understand the distinction between a CIVIL case and a CRIMINAL case for 2nd degree murder?

Daily Docket - Civil Division K, Judge Nelson
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505109
Jul 4, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is exactly what you know, based upon the story on CFNEWS13.
The docket is clearly not up to date, though, as she has been on the bench at 9:00AM sharp every day, and on a few days, by 8:30AM, as she will be tomorrow.
The George Zimmerman trial should be renamed Media Reality Show versus How Stupid are People
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505110
Jul 4, 2013
 
http://www.flcourts18.org/dockets/Nelson/July...

Above is Judge Debra Nelson's docket for the month of July, 2013.

Too bad, so sad, nary a reference to a CRIMINAL trial.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505112
Jul 4, 2013
 
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I did my research and determined I am not interested in a reality show presented as a true story in order to legitimize a fundraising scheme.
Couldn't the scriptwriters be more diligent in their research than choosing a CIVIL Judge to preside over the trial who handles CIVIL cases, or is it assumed that everyone who follows it, like you, are so dumb they don't understand the distinction between a CIVIL case and a CRIMINAL case for 2nd degree murder?
Daily Docket - Civil Division K, Judge Nelson
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...

I don't think the killing of an unarmed kid could be considered a reality show. Not even by your definition of reality.

Sorry to have mentioned it to you.....but then again, maybe not so much. I search for truth while you search for conspiracies.

I admire your intelligence; I just don't get where you're coming from.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505113
Jul 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The George Zimmerman trial should be renamed Media Reality Show versus How Stupid are People
The actual trial can be seen on live TV. I have watched it from day 1.

On split screen,on dual high-def signals.

It's as real as real can be, no matter what court docket you post up.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505114
Jul 4, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the killing of an unarmed kid could be considered a reality show. Not even by your definition of reality.
Sorry to have mentioned it to you.....but then again, maybe not so much. I search for truth while you search for conspiracies.
I admire your intelligence; I just don't get where you're coming from.
So what would you call a make-believe CRIMINAL trial that is not occurring in the reality of Judge Nelson's CIVIL courtroom? Fantasy Court?

Not to say it's all for naught......for example, everyone had an opportunity to watch the "digital demons" signing into an unknown Skpe session. Very funny! LOL

*****

"It was the testimony of another professor that provided one of the trial's few lighter moments.

Unable to testify in person, Gordon Pleasants appeared in court via Skype. Initially, there were sound problems but then came the digital demons. As Pleasants face and name were carried on national TV, people appeared to begin purposefully calling him, disrupting his testimony.

A frustrated judge ordered the video call stopped with the defense finally catching on to what was happening."

http://www.wafb.com/story/22758922/zimmerman-...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#505115
Jul 4, 2013
 
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
The actual trial can be seen on live TV. I have watched it from day 1.
On split screen,on dual high-def signals.
It's as real as real can be, no matter what court docket you post up.
Oh yes, well if you're watching it in TV that proves it for sure. Let's forget all about pesky things like Judge's CIVIL dockets.

I watched numerous VIDEO files during the "live" broadcast of the Jodi Arias trial. Sometimes the "live" VIDEO even looped back, while I was watching it "live" so I could watch it "live" a second time. HLN even paused the "live" stream for commercial breaks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 468,641 - 468,660 of483,690
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Police looking for purse-snatching sisters (Jun '09) 7 hr MeMe 39
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 9 hr nina roth 2,383
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) 12 hr nina roth 2,063
Has Anybody Seen Or Heard From o2bndisney ? 13 hr WAS sanka 5
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 13 hr Children should be loved 128
last post wins! (Jul '11) 14 hr tiger_-_dad 5,273
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••