Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#505090 Jul 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know, I'm really not following the Zimmerman trial much other than reading a few headlines now and then. I hope that doesn't mean I'm racist:-(
It might..........why else wouldn't you want to follow a case about the legalized murder of an unarmed kid, with so many side-issues attached to it?

It seems this would be the perfect case for you to follow.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#505091 Jul 3, 2013
Think twice before asking the advice of anyone dear to your heart because they're likely to get themselves into a flap. Why get bogged down in silly details that don't really matter? Focus on the cost-benefit analysis or you might end up feeling totally frustrated.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505092 Jul 3, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
It might..........why else wouldn't you want to follow a case about the legalized murder of an unarmed kid, with so many side-issues attached to it?
Because, imo George Zimmerman could probably have done better defending himself than by showboat O'Mara. He made it blatantly clear his intention was to high profile the trial from the day he signed on and began asking for donations...it is my prerogative to boycott slimballs looking for fame.

No wonder the prosection has introduced witnesses partial to the defense - at least it gives GZ a shot at a fair trial.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505093 Jul 3, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he has other business at the same courthouse, unrelated to Zimmerman.
On his (Cheney Mason's) relationship with George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O'Mara:
“We’re friends I’ve talked to him several times about what he can expect and not expect with this case, any more so than anyone else does.”

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...

If Mark O'Mara and "his group" are otherwise ostracized from the legal community, nobody has to wonder why.

Level 7

Location hidden

#505094 Jul 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, imo George Zimmerman could probably have done better defending himself than by showboat O'Mara. He made it blatantly clear his intention was to high profile the trial from the day he signed on and began asking for donations...it is my prerogative to boycott slimballs looking for fame.
No wonder the prosection has introduced witnesses partial to the defense - at least it gives GZ a shot at a fair trial.
O'Mara isn't on trial.

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#505095 Jul 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny. You bought the greaseball Baez's book but you "boycott" Mr. OMara who is doing a great job of getting all the prosecution's witnesses to testify for the defense....and managing to do it without slandering anyone by calling them child molesters. I guess a real attorney is just too bizarre for a Jose Baez fan, huh? That's OK. Mr. Zimmerman will be found not guilty without any input from the nutcase section.

Level 7

Location hidden

#505096 Jul 3, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
On his (Cheney Mason's) relationship with George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O'Mara:
“We’re friends I’ve talked to him several times about what he can expect and not expect with this case, any more so than anyone else does.”
http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13...
If Mark O'Mara and "his group" are otherwise ostracized from the legal community, nobody has to wonder why.
No one will be ostracized in the legal community........they know it's just how they all earn a living. It's not personal.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505097 Jul 3, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Mara isn't on trial.
But he's representing the defendant who is on trial. According to you, trials are but chess game amongst attorneys. If I was a spectator, I'd be booing MM.....which runs contrary to the defendant's presumption of innocence unless proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Therefore, I'm standing down, it's as simple as that.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505098 Jul 3, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will be ostracized in the legal community........they know it's just how they all earn a living. It's not personal.
By attorneys begging for money from the public? No, that's not how they "all" earn a living - O'Mara is the exception. Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!

There's a system in place for indigenous defendants called The Public Defender's Office.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505099 Jul 3, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny. You bought the greaseball Baez's book but you "boycott" Mr. OMara who is doing a great job of getting all the prosecution's witnesses to testify for the defense....and managing to do it without slandering anyone by calling them child molesters. I guess a real attorney is just too bizarre for a Jose Baez fan, huh? That's OK. Mr. Zimmerman will be found not guilty without any input from the nutcase section.
I refuse to lower myself by nasty name calling, googling smut on Mark O'Mara or otherwise participate in spreading false scandal just because I don't have any respect for the man.....unlike the junior high school bully behaviour you minions display toward Jose Baez.

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#505100 Jul 3, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Your frustration is showing ngrace...

The Casey Anthony case is the only case I followed very closely...because I saw them in Moore Haven., after Jose
Baez claimed Caylee drowned June 16th BS.
I have a Special interest in Caylee.

All other cases., I just listen to the News...and keep up with the news....Are you going to call me a racist too?

I got a Life...outside Social media...Do You ngrace?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505102 Jul 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he has other business at the same courthouse, unrelated to Zimmerman.
Daily Docket - Civil Division K, Judge Nelson
http://www.flcourts18.org/page.php...

By chance is his business in Civil Court, heard before Judge Debra Nelson?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505103 Jul 4, 2013
Beginning next Monday July 8, Judge Debra Nelson's docket is cleared for a Civil Trial.

I guess that means the George Zimmerman Criminal Trial is expected to wind up by then, eh?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505104 Jul 4, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
The Casey Anthony case is the only case I followed very closely...because I saw them in Moore Haven., after Jose
All other cases., I just listen to the News...and keep up with the news....Are you going to call me a racist too?
Speaking of sightings, have you seen any coyotes cams?

Department of Environmental Conservation: Long Island's first coyote spotted in Water Mill
Originally published: July 2, 2013 12:26 PM
Updated: July 2, 2013 5:22 PM

WATER MILL - Officials say Long Island has had its first confirmed coyote spotting.
Farmer Rick Wesnofske says he couldn't believe his eyes last week when he saw a coyote walking through his Water Mill potato field.

The Department of Environmental Conservation confirms the coyote sighting is Long Island's first. Now, the DEC is investigating whether there could be others in the area.

DEC wildlife biologist Josh Stiller says it's likely that the coyote is a loner and came from Queens.
Stiller says most coyotes won’t instigate conflicts with humans.

The DEC plans to set up cameras to try to get more photos of the coyote and to check for others.
http://longisland.news12.com/news/department-...

Level 7

Location hidden

#505105 Jul 4, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't call anyone a racist; I answered a question. Considering her interests vary so widely, my answer was as ambiguous as her question.

As to social media, no, I don't spend all my time on social media. But I do follow cases that interest me. In the days of Court-TV, I could leave it on as background noise while I tended to other matters which kept me inside.

As to the Casey case, I started following it intently because it centered on a missing child in my area, and like everyone else, my focus was on how to help locate her. Thanks to Florida's Sunshine Laws,and the intense interest in the case locally, I studied the docs as they came out, and the docs were painting a far different picture than what was being reported on the news, and I wanted to know why that was. In studying those docs, it became clear to me that the case against Casey was full of holes and that didn't sit too well with me because I believe that a conviction at any price, isn't what justice is supposed to be about. I didn't set out to defend Casey, but when I saw how unfairly she was being portrayed, when the facts were vastly different, I had to speak out and I joined in with thousands upon thousands of people on social media who were talking non-stop about the case.

Currently, I am following the GZ case because it happened in my own backyard so to speak, and because it involves the killing of an unarmed child who was guilty of nothing other than walking home in the rain and the man who took his life could get off because of a very poorly written loophole in the laws of the State I live in. And once again, I can't ignore what I see as a wrong, not only to Trayvon Martin and his family, but to every citizen of this State, regardless of their race, who could be legally gunned down due to a bad law that says anyone can kill another human being and get away with it, simply by saying they were in fear for their life.

You say you saw an alive Caylee Anthony and that's your only reason for speaking out......my reasons for speaking out aren't as narrowly defined.

"My brother need not be idealized, or enlarged in death beyond what he was in life; to be remembered simply as a good and decent man, who saw wrong and tried to right it, saw suffering and tried to heal it, saw war and tried to stop it." - Edward M. Kennedy

OT:( I will never be remembered as eloquently, but if I am remembered for anything, I can only hope those I hold most dear, will remember what I tried to instill in them.)

Level 7

Location hidden

#505106 Jul 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
By attorneys begging for money from the public? No, that's not how they "all" earn a living - O'Mara is the exception. Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!
There's a system in place for indigenous defendants called The Public Defender's Office.
You seem outraged that he would do this.......so are many others who realize why he did it and who he was reaching out to. It appears to have worked.

"Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!"

I agree.

Like I said, I would think the many side issues in this case would be something you would be interested in sleuthing out.

Level 7

Location hidden

#505107 Jul 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
By chance is his business in Civil Court, heard before Judge Debra Nelson?
All I know is exactly what you know, based upon the story on CFNEWS13.

The docket is clearly not up to date, though, as she has been on the bench at 9:00AM sharp every day, and on a few days, by 8:30AM, as she will be tomorrow.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505108 Jul 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem outraged that he would do this.......so are many others who realize why he did it and who he was reaching out to. It appears to have worked.
"Basing the quality of a defendant's legal defense on how much ca$h donations are contributed is as deplorable and corrupt as paying for votes!"
I agree.
Like I said, I would think the many side issues in this case would be something you would be interested in sleuthing out.
I did my research and determined I am not interested in a reality show presented as a true story in order to legitimize a fundraising scheme.

Couldn't the scriptwriters be more diligent in their research than choosing a CIVIL Judge to preside over the trial who handles CIVIL cases, or is it assumed that everyone who follows it, like you, are so dumb they don't understand the distinction between a CIVIL case and a CRIMINAL case for 2nd degree murder?

Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505109 Jul 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
All I know is exactly what you know, based upon the story on CFNEWS13.
The docket is clearly not up to date, though, as she has been on the bench at 9:00AM sharp every day, and on a few days, by 8:30AM, as she will be tomorrow.
The George Zimmerman trial should be renamed Media Reality Show versus How Stupid are People
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#505110 Jul 4, 2013
http://www.flcourts18.org/dockets/Nelson/July...

Above is Judge Debra Nelson's docket for the month of July, 2013.

Too bad, so sad, nary a reference to a CRIMINAL trial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 22 min Anne 96,615
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,153,060
Review: Global Motorwerks LLC (Aug '13) 9 hr Melanie 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr kal 49,174
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 15 hr Miles 70,587
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 17 hr Miles 17,702
Scott Mansfield granted new trial (Feb '09) 20 hr Whoah 32
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web