CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#504843 Jun 23, 2013
Hi Trex. How's your summer going so far? Did you see the super moon last night?

I know you were following the Jodi Arais case. Did you see the movie last night? I watched most of it and it made her look like a stalking lunatic. Maybe she was, I didn't follow the case that closely but I just don't see how people like her just get so obsessed over another person. It's crazy!!!!!!!!!!
T-REX wrote:
<quoted text> Liar have read for five years making light over people in tragic situation's, the only ones you don't berate are accused Killers,you put them on a pedestal above all others
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504844 Jun 23, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, don't you hate it when people are realistic and honest??? Your diseased brain really hates that, huh?!?!
In reality, it's Redford who's afraid because of all the impending lawsuits which will be filed once the dust settles. The provincial Conservatives were aware of the flood risk, but chose to do absolutely nothing......$300-million is but loose pocket change to this government. She's a lawyer and a previous Justice Minister, she should know a thing or two about established legal precident.

"Alberta didn’t take that lesson to heart as much as it should have after the last flood in 2005, said former Tory agriculture minister George Groeneveld, who chaired a task force that called for a $300-million investment in flood mitigation.

The report he completed in 2006 gathered dust for six years before PC Premier Alison Redford released it last year after taking office."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/This+Albert...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504845 Jun 23, 2013
Alberta flood zone development was a mistake, former MLA says
2006 flood report called for the end of land sales in known flood risk areas

A former Alberta MLA who headed up a flood mitigation task force after the 2005 floods says new development should not have been allowed to spring up in the flood zones.

"The one thing they could have done … they should have stopped building some housing and buildings on the flood plains. And that was a strong part of that report," George Groeneveld, who chaired the flood mitigation committee and report, told CBC News.

"If you’re going to build in those areas, you take on the responsibility yourself. That to me was the strength of the report, stop building where we shouldn't be building."

more -
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/06/2...

Property owners have the right to expect land which is allowed to be developed is presumed to be safe. In the government's burning desire to grow this province as quickly as possible and entice opportunity to a booming economy from maximizing production of the Oil Sands, they have knowingly allow uncontrolled development to occur. It's a proverbial mindset - today is significant, forget about the future......

While the province and municipalities cannot balance their budgets and are incurring debt, big business - land developers, builders, realtors, mortgage brokers and oils companies (mostly foreign owned) are primarily capitalizing in this pursuit of PROSPERITY that we are all told we must strive to to achieve.

I don't feel any empathy to the position they're now in, "over the large volumes of water which have moved". Indeed it may be an example of Karma at work.....

Alberta’s Redford takes pipeline pitch to Manhattan Add to ...
JOANNA SLATER
NEW YORK — The Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Jun. 19 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Jun. 19 2013, 7:22 PM EDT

Alberta Premier Alison Redford delivered an ardent pitch for expanded development of her province’s oil sands, calling it critical to the long-term growth and security of the United States and Canada.

Ms. Redford made her appeal in America’s financial capital, part of a continuing campaign by federal and provincial officials to keep the pressure on American policy makers as they approach a final decision on whether to approve the Keystone XL pipeline.

Such pipelines are crucial, Ms. Redford said, if “we’re serious about moving large enough volumes of oil to achieve true independence and responsible prosperity together.”

<snip>

At every opportunity, Ms. Redford underscored the economic benefits that would accrue to the United States from greater exports from Canada’s oil sands, including a growth in high-paying manufacturing jobs.

At one point, a questioner told Ms. Redford that a relative worked as a pipefitter in Alberta’s energy industry.“He probably makes more money than most U.S. politicians,” Ms. Redford remarked.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-busi...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504846 Jun 23, 2013
"Once an obscure issue known only to experts, the Keystone pipeline has grown into a RAGING debate at the centre of U.S. energy policy."

"The river looks ANGRY..."
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/the-river-looks-...

Notice the connection between oil and water?

The butterfly effect? LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504847 Jun 23, 2013
Ignore me, but I can't help but be amused by the rich irony associated to some of the recent creative headlines, which at the time had no apparent connection to raging rivers.......

GARY MASON
Up the creek, Alison Redford paddles
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/up-...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504849 Jun 23, 2013
Princess Hal wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignored more than you think. Wish you would just get out of your house,or prison. I'll bet you are a very nice person deep down. What happened to make you so whatever?
Today is 12 degree (appx 50 Fahrenheit) and drizzling rain.......the entire month of June has been much like this and I can count on one hand the days this month which have reached 20 (or 70) outside - only room temperature.

I am much nicer when the weather is. Everyone is.

We're waiting on Premier Redford to organize a ritual sacrifice to the ancient Sun God so the weather improves and the flooding goes away.

:-(
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504851 Jun 23, 2013
White Girl Problems wrote:
I don't believe Blur is even in Canada.
https://mobile.twitter.com/blurofficia

British.

Never heard of them.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504852 Jun 23, 2013
Sources confirm to WWN that Casey Anthony is pregnant.

Casey Anthony is pregnant with another child and is reportedly thrilled at the chance to prove she is a good mother even after she was acquitted of killing her first daughter Caylee.

The National Enquirer broke the story based on the claims of multiple unidentified sources saying that the infamous mother is pregnant.

“She just said that she fell in love with a very wealthy man while she’s been in hiding. Casey said he’s taking care of her financially and he’s so obsessed with her that he’ll do anything for her,” an unnamed insider told the tabloid.

That source also told WWN that “her sugar daddy is someone in the publie eye. He’s a high profile man, that everyone in America would know.”

Prior to Casey Anthony dating the wealthy man, she was dating this man:

More -
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/55269/ca...

Hilarious, the flat, dry, indignant humour!

Who's the "high profile man"?

God? LMAO!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504853 Jun 23, 2013
Same writer, Tap Vann.

Micheal Jackson's Ghost Testifies at Trial.
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/56548/mi...

LOL!

"Speaking to members of the jury at the Los Angeles County Superior Court , Mr Phillips is said to have claimed the supernatural encounter was delivered via his friend Brenda Richie, the ex-wife of musician Lionel Richie.

“Brenda called me to tell me that she was in communications with Michael, either through a medium or directly. She said Michael told her it wasn’t Dr Murray’s fault – that he had accidentally killed himself.’"

“trixie”

Level 2

Since: Sep 08

the mad russian

#504854 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Alberta flood zone development was a mistake, former MLA says
2006 flood report called for the end of land sales in known flood risk areas
A former Alberta MLA who headed up a flood mitigation task force after the 2005 floods says new development should not have been allowed to spring up in the flood zones.
"The one thing they could have done … they should have stopped building some housing and buildings on the flood plains. And that was a strong part of that report," George Groeneveld, who chaired the flood mitigation committee and report, told CBC News.
"If you’re going to build in those areas, you take on the responsibility yourself. That to me was the strength of the report, stop building where we shouldn't be building."
more -
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/06/2...
Property owners have the right to expect land which is allowed to be developed is presumed to be safe. In the government's burning desire to grow this province as quickly as possible and entice opportunity to a booming economy from maximizing production of the Oil Sands, they have knowingly allow uncontrolled development to occur. It's a proverbial mindset - today is significant, forget about the future......
While the province and municipalities cannot balance their budgets and are incurring debt, big business - land developers, builders, realtors, mortgage brokers and oils companies (mostly foreign owned) are primarily capitalizing in this pursuit of PROSPERITY that we are all told we must strive to to achieve.
I don't feel any empathy to the position they're now in, "over the large volumes of water which have moved". Indeed it may be an example of Karma at work.....
Alberta’s Redford takes pipeline pitch to Manhattan Add to ...
JOANNA SLATER
NEW YORK — The Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Jun. 19 2013, 7:06 PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Jun. 19 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Alberta Premier Alison Redford delivered an ardent pitch for expanded development of her province’s oil sands, calling it critical to the long-term growth and security of the United States and Canada.
Ms. Redford made her appeal in America’s financial capital, part of a continuing campaign by federal and provincial officials to keep the pressure on American policy makers as they approach a final decision on whether to approve the Keystone XL pipeline.
Such pipelines are crucial, Ms. Redford said, if “we’re serious about moving large enough volumes of oil to achieve true independence and responsible prosperity together.”
<snip>
At every opportunity, Ms. Redford underscored the economic benefits that would accrue to the United States from greater exports from Canada’s oil sands, including a growth in high-paying manufacturing jobs.
At one point, a questioner told Ms. Redford that a relative worked as a pipefitter in Alberta’s energy industry.“He probably makes more money than most U.S. politicians,” Ms. Redford remarked.
An example of karma? So that same karma devastated hundreds of lives just to prove a point to those responsible?

“trixie”

Level 2

the mad russian

#504855 Jun 23, 2013
LizW wrote:
Oh let's just say my old ass is older than everyone here. Just the other day I was answering to the name Old Hag ( I'm kinda liking the sound of it).
Many moons ago and I say many since I'm not sure exactly how many moons ago it was my ex bought our first VCR. In fact we were the only ones I knew that owned one. It was large and very expensive at the time. He was giving me some line about taping tv shows and buying movies to watch. Let me tell you I thought he was nuts and it was the most whacked invention ever. Who knew a couple years later every house in America would own one.
Shortly after that he bought us car phones that came in a bag. I was like WTH..........I don't want to answer the damn phone when I'm at home, and now people can follow me around calling me. That sucker stayed in the bag uncharged for a couple of years.
Don't even get me started on cell phones. Let's just say that if there was a usage plan for 5 minutes a month call time it would be perfect for me. <quoted text>
Haha. I remember when my husband came home with a VCR. It was terribly expensive & I was mad at him for making such a big purpose without consulting me.

Funny you write that about phones -- I'm not a phone talker either. Never have been, except when I was a teenager. The phone was glued to my ear then.

Or should I say I was glued to Alexander Graham Bell while he worked out the kinks? You know how ancient we are. In fact, Al & I used to date.

Level 3

Since: Aug 11

topic

#504856 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
Same writer, Tap Vann.
Micheal Jackson's Ghost Testifies at Trial.
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/56548/mi...
LOL!
"Speaking to members of the jury at the Los Angeles County Superior Court , Mr Phillips is said to have claimed the supernatural encounter was delivered via his friend Brenda Richie, the ex-wife of musician Lionel Richie.
“Brenda called me to tell me that she was in communications with Michael, either through a medium or directly. She said Michael told her it wasn’t Dr Murray’s fault – that he had accidentally killed himself.’"
If you twist and turn and change things, I just bet you can come up with a post that will involve the Grunds in Michaels death.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504857 Jun 23, 2013
Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>
An example of karma? So that same karma devastated hundreds of lives just to prove a point to those responsible?
What would you expect would eventually happen when wetlands are artificially filled in and Crown Land which has served as historic flood plains is sold and marketed as attractive riverside residential developments? That prayers are going to hold the waters back? LOL

It's the thousands on unsuspecting buyers who become the unsuspecting victims.....and quite frankly, it will be interesting what develops.

Why do I get the impression you're defending the Alberta Provincial Government? Yes it is Karma.....a lesson in greed versus Mother Nature!

“trixie”

Level 2

the mad russian

#504858 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you expect would eventually happen when wetlands are artificially filled in and Crown Land which has served as historic flood plains is sold and marketed as attractive riverside residential developments? That prayers are going to hold the waters back? LOL
It's the thousands on unsuspecting buyers who become the unsuspecting victims.....and quite frankly, it will be interesting what develops.
Why do I get the impression you're defending the Alberta Provincial Government? Yes it is Karma.....a lesson in greed versus Mother Nature!
You missed my point entirely. No surprise there.

So karma means punishing hundreds of undeserving people to punish a few for greed?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504860 Jun 23, 2013
Hey Marce wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point entirely. No surprise there.
So karma means punishing hundreds of undeserving people to punish a few for greed?
In your opinion, Karma is "punishment"?

If so, there we disagree. The word "punishment" is derived from man made hierarchy involving power and control.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504861 Jun 23, 2013
wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text> If you twist and turn and change things, I just bet you can come up with a post that will involve the Grunds in Michaels death.
First this, leading to the question of why an ambulance attendant responding to a 911 call would think someone taken from a mansion to the hospital was "returning home to die". Isn't that sort of backwards?

"The body of Michael Jackson had become so frail paramedics failed to recognise the superstar, believing he was a hospice patient returning home to die.

Ambulance man Richard Senneff yesterday told jurors in the Jackson family’s £31bn compensation battle against Jacko’s concert promoter the singer looked “chronically ill” as they fought to try and resuscitate him.

Mr Senneff, who said he could see Jacko’s ribs when called to his home in June, 2009, added:“He was very pale and underweight.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/micha...

Then this.... If this is true, and no human has ever survived this long, how does the witness know it is possible for even 60 days?

Expert: Michael Jackson went 60 days without real sleep
By Alan Duke, CNN
updated 3:04 PM EDT, Fri June 21, 2013
"Jackson may be the only human ever to go two months without REM -- rapid eye movement -- sleep, which is vital to keep the brain and body alive. The 60 nights of propofol infusions Dr. Conrad Murray said he gave Jackson to treat his insomnia is something a sleep expert says no one had ever undergone."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/showbiz/jackson...

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#504862 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
First this, leading to the question of why an ambulance attendant responding to a 911 call would think someone taken from a mansion to the hospital was "returning home to die". Isn't that sort of backwards?
"The body of Michael Jackson had become so frail paramedics failed to recognise the superstar, believing he was a hospice patient returning home to die.
Ambulance man Richard Senneff yesterday told jurors in the Jackson family’s £31bn compensation battle against Jacko’s concert promoter the singer looked “chronically ill” as they fought to try and resuscitate him.
Mr Senneff, who said he could see Jacko’s ribs when called to his home in June, 2009, added:“He was very pale and underweight.
Then this.... If this is true, and no human has ever survived this long, how does the witness know it is possible for even 60 days?
By Alan Duke, CNN
"Jackson may be the only human ever to go two months without REM -- rapid eye movement -- sleep, which is vital to keep the brain and body alive. The 60 nights of propofol infusions Dr. Conrad Murray said he gave Jackson to treat his insomnia is something a sleep expert says no one had ever undergone."
Who cares? Please engage Ngrace in some inane debate, she's wandering around bothering other threads.

Level 3

Since: Aug 11

topic

#504863 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
By Alan Duke, CNN
The reason is clear. Due to him being hooked up to that type of equipment, and having a personal Doctor at your bedside,and the table full of meds next to his bedside.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#504864 Jun 23, 2013
wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text> The reason is clear. Due to him being hooked up to that type of equipment, and having a personal Doctor at your bedside,and the table full of meds next to his bedside.
Do you understand the definition of "hospice"?

Hospice patients are awaiting the "final curtain call", so to speak.....the opposite to emergency response treatment.

Tired of Silly
Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#504865 Jun 23, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand the definition of "hospice"?
Hospice patients are awaiting the "final curtain call", so to speak.....the opposite to emergency response treatment.
You're both wrong. Hospice patients are typically not "hooked up to equipment", nor do they have a physician at their bedside 24/7, but they are also not "awaiting the final curtain call". They're living the end of their lives with their symptoms controlled and in many cases feeling better than they have in a long time. However, they do not typically call 911, although some families ignore the patient's wishes at the last second. What the EMT probably REALLY thought was that MJ was a terminally ill patient (not necessarily the same thing as a hospice patient) due to his emaciated appearance. And again..........who cares how a child molester died? I hope it was painful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Teaman 1,582,353
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 8 hr zazz 98,480
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 19 hr Murph 73,828
News Orlando cop quits after her arrest -- Political... (May '08) 19 hr Lily1 41
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun Agents of Corruption 63,946
News Lawsuit accuses Advance Auto Parts of racial di... (Sep '08) Sat USS LIBERTY 55
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) Sat Rip Chen Picket 63

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages