CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 23,394)

Showing posts 467,861 - 467,880 of483,592
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“why not! ”

Level 2

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
NY LAW: Mandatory Swimming Pool Alarms
New York State lawmakers have finally made a two year old pool alarm rule permanent. If you put a pool in your backyard, you need to have an alarm on it.
State lawmakers passed an emergency ruling two years ago that required all commercial and personal swimming pools to have an alarm system. That ruling expired last month and state lawmakers have now permanently adopted it.
Officials say alarms are required on all pools built or modified after December 14th of 2006. Experts say the temporary blows up pools also need to have alarms.
“Two bolts go into the top rail of the pool, and then the alarm just sits inside. It takes a 9 volt battery. Then there’s a separate remote that plugs into an outlet in your house so can hear it from in the house or out,” says Tom Witzel of Hesselson’s.
The cost of the alarms can range between $200 up to thousands of dollars.
Code enforcement officials say if you get caught without an alarm, you will be given a warning. After that you can get fined up to $1000 a day until an alarm is placed.
Officials say the law was originally put in place because 26 infants and children under the age of 14 drowned in a pool in 2002.
http://www.zifflaw.com/NYInjuryLawBlog/ny-law...
http://www.dos.ny.gov/DCEA/currpoolreq.htm
Thanks, 2006? This is just more proof of what a bad mother Casey was. It was her child - not Geo and Cindy's.. It was Casey's responsibility to keep her child safe not the grandparents.

Since it was Casey's and her daughters residence since she was born. Not like she was just visiting .

So the way you see it is -- if she had only used the money she wasted on her tattoo -- and bought a alarm the day before, Caylee would be a live today ?? Gosh NGRACE I hope you don't hold it against Casey.
Just me

New Enterprise, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

This is so funny! Don't you people have anything else to yabber about? Really, this is so disturbing and mentally sad.

Who cares anymore? It's done. Child is dead & no one got convicted. Big deal! Happens all the time all over the world.

Time for you guys to move on. That, or see your mental health department.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote:
This is so funny! Don't you people have anything else to yabber about? Really, this is so disturbing and mentally sad.
Who cares anymore? It's done. Child is dead & no one got convicted. Big deal! Happens all the time all over the world.
Nope not at all funny. You said; This is so funny! but then posted dumb. Had you begun the post with This is so dumb! Then the rest would fit.
tired of silly

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
You Wish!
Actually, I don't. If you took appropriate medication and your brain functioned normally, you would stop posting your crazy and amusing word salad posts. Your lunacy is mildly entertaining.

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

LizW wrote:
Why would it matter if it was law or not? How about because it then makes it mandatory for the homeowner to install a alarm system.
I totally get that you wouldn't know anyone with a pool alarm and how you would think they were a ridiculous idea.( to expect anything different of you would be silly of me). <quoted text>
You missed the point as usual.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect example of how you see things that aren't there -- because you lack the ability to appreciate that not everyone is YOU. You take one simple statement, knowing at the same time George Anthony had been a police officer and probably routinely broke bad news to others, and spin it into something nefarious based upon your sanctimonious judgement of what you would do in the same circumstance - which no normal person would relish imagining in the first place!
I sympathize with people in your life who you undoubtedly aren't allowed to even think, let alone make choices, unless you approve.
I disagree.

Just because I have a different opinion, doesn't make me right or wrong, or make anyone else adopt my conclusions......and that applies as well, to my personal life.

However, if someone does disagree, I am more than willing to adopt their point of view if they can substantiate their position.

What does that mean? It means I challenge people to think for themselves. I don't consider that a bad thing, in fact, I consider that to be not sitting back and letting a good mind, slide.

For me and mine, that's not nearly good enough. A mind is a beautiful thing........everyone can maximize their own potential, or they can let a beautiful mind go to waste.

I think, and again you may disagree, the world has plenty enough of beach boy/surfer girl-type mentality. Nothing irritates me more than stupid is, as stupid does, or letting the other guy do the thinking for them.

But I agree with you......that's a high standard and it does
pi$$-off a lot of people, and I am sorry for that.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Kenny Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, 2006? This is just more proof of what a bad mother Casey was. It was her child - not Geo and Cindy's.. It was Casey's responsibility to keep her child safe not the grandparents.
Since it was Casey's and her daughters residence since she was born. Not like she was just visiting .
So the way you see it is -- if she had only used the money she wasted on her tattoo -- and bought a alarm the day before, Caylee would be a live today ?? Gosh NGRACE I hope you don't hold it against Casey.
Read it again.....it is NYS law, and it was in response to the poster who said NYS doesn't have rules about pool alarms.

Yes, it was Casey's responsibility to keep her child safe, but who knows just exactly how much responsibility she was allowed to have in a household that for all practical purposes, shared in the rearing/caring of, her child.

It seems obvious that everyone shared that responsibility.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you'd be better off not posting here when you're drunk.
My post was intentionally written as it was for a reason.

Sorry you missed the point.

Which obviously was to pick your story..........I gave you plenty to chose from, the next time you decide which bit and piece you decide to rely upon.

I do enjoy a frozen margarita now and then, but a drinker, no, I'm not.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Just me wrote:
Maybe because some of us care that no one has been held accountable for how she ended up in the woods, among other issues.

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again.....it is NYS law, and it was in response to the poster who said NYS doesn't have rules about pool alarms.
Yes, it was Casey's responsibility to keep her child safe, but who knows just exactly how much responsibility she was allowed to have in a household that for all practical purposes, shared in the rearing/caring of, her child.
It seems obvious that everyone shared that responsibility.
The poster is me and I did not say that NYS doesn't have rules about pool alarms I wrote that I did not know of any law in NYS that required pool alarms. Further, I wrote that I know of no one that has a residential pool alarm, ditto for city pools. Thank you for providing us with another example of your inability to comprehend.

Yes, Caylee was Casey's responsibility and hers alone. Imagine that, she only had to take care of Caylee and herself and she couldn't even do that. Caylee was not Cindy or George's responsibilty which is why they were not charged with Caylee's murder.

Dingbat!

“Stand Your Grund”

Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe because some of us care that no one has been held accountable for how she ended up in the woods, among other issues.
After all this time you still cannot bring yourself to type out the childs' name.

Her name is Caylee.

“why not! ”

Level 2

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
99.9% of the nation knows -- I have no idea why it's being withheld from you. Ok I will break the news to you, the 12 jurors didn't want to waste one more day being sequestered - even tho they said it made them sick to let her get away with murder. But NGRACE she really didnt get away with it- Karma is hell!

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't. If you took appropriate medication and your brain functioned normally, you would stop posting your crazy and amusing word salad posts. Your lunacy is mildly entertaining.
That's the THING...my brain does function normally...

It all depends on the FEED...you don't have in store.
And please stop calling me "Son" ,just for you to know,
I'm a 65 year old Great~Grand~Mother...

It don't fit!!!

“FOOTBALL”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

I'm totally agreeing with you. 100% I believe you wouldn't hang with the type of people who had pool alarms, house, car alarms or even a alarm clock.
Save all the ranting and name calling. WE BELIEVE YOU!
Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster is me and I did not say that NYS doesn't have rules about pool alarms I wrote that I did not know of any law in NYS that required pool alarms. Further, I wrote that I know of no one that has a residential pool alarm, ditto for city pools. Thank you for providing us with another example of your inability to comprehend.
Yes, Caylee was Casey's responsibility and hers alone. Imagine that, she only had to take care of Caylee and herself and she couldn't even do that. Caylee was not Cindy or George's responsibilty which is why they were not charged with Caylee's murder.
Dingbat!

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Riverside wrote:
<quoted text> and it still all points to Casey trying to dispose of Caylees body. Even George and Cindy felt that it did before they changed their story! You are really are under the spell of all the paid to lie defense experts. They all said just what you wanted to hear and that was not the truth!
Hope you enjoy the two strange friends you have here! You all have alot in common....
It must be nice to live in a world where woulda, coulda, shoulda, is all that's needed as proof.

Try posting with facts.

Facts aren't in your corner, but I guess that doesn't mean much to you. If you ever get charged with a crime, I bet you'll be remembering my words.

Why is it that every program on HLN, presumes the person guilty, before there is even a trial?

lol

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no point arguing with your insane and twisted logic. A grandfather who calls police over a broken into shed and stolen gascans, but doesn't call 911 over his granddaughter drowning....nor does his daughter, for reasons unknown she makes up imaginary people......father and/or daughter disposes of the child's body, with other clothes, staging it with duct tape on the face, around the corner of the home in a garage, snake-filled swamp making it appear as a gruesome murder......to not upset Cindy.
If you believe it, so must everyone!
Stop spinning my words, for the umpteenth time.

WHY do you need to always spin them into something else?

I was asked a question as to what possible reason there could be for not calling 911, and I listed a bunch of innocent possibilities.

You've tried in a number of various ways to get me to point fingers and once again, it won't work. But I've also posted enough facts in evidence to let people draw their own conclusions.

You have some type of problem.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dingbat!
I gave you the law, which you didn't know existed.

You slammed another poster (Liz), claiming she was wrong because you've never heard of any law in NYS that required pool alarms and therefore, according to you, Liz was another example, again according to you, of a dimwit.

Well you have not only shown that you're not a very nice person because you have to resort to name calling whenever someone says something you either don't like or don't agree with, but you also should familiarize yourself with this legal standard, applicable in every legal situation in every state....."ignorance of the law is not a defense".

As to who was in charge of watching out for Caylee, in that home lived 3 adults, who all shared the parenting duties, and I've never seen any evidence anywhere where any of them felt she was a burden.

If your grandchild comes for a visit and you notice she/he is doing something that could cause the child harm, do you really expect anyone to assume you wait until you can grab the parent's ear before you try to stop the child yourself?

If you really do believe this, please post a warning sign in your house that this is so because I'll bet that parent won't even go to the bathroom if they don't take their kid with them.

George testified that Caylee came out of the room she shared with Casey around 7:00AM and he gave her breakfast and played with her until Casey came out around 10-ish.

If George had no problem doing this, why should it bother you so much?

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts aren't in your corner either.
You'd want to believe if a defendant is acquitted of murder, then that's proof there was no murder!
Wrong, again.

I've said numerous times, there was no proof a crime was even committed.

Nice try.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is who murdered Caylee and staged her body to implicate Casey and possibly others including Jesse Grund or George and Cindy.
That the child ended up in a trash filled swamp with a "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" tshirt is indicative the murderer is a diabolical psychopath.
No it's not proof of murder.

It is proof, though, that the crime scene was staged to LOOK like it was MURDER.

Gee, I wonder who would know the best way to frame somebody when the heat was getting ratcheted up and certain people were giving someone a second look-see.

Hmmmmm, could it be after the ill-fated State depo? I noticed at trial time, certain elements denied during the State depo were readily admitted to as a preemptive strike before they could be impeached.

Gosh, some people are so dumb or so needy, they have to justify the truth in their own mind, even when there was evidence they didn't want to see.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Double Jeopardy wrote:
<quoted text>
After all this time you still cannot bring yourself to type out the childs' name.
Her name is Caylee.
Play the "Caylee name card" when it suits you.

Fact is, I'm probably the ONLY one here who does give a $hit about what happened to her.

So stuff it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 467,861 - 467,880 of483,592
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min positronium 1,077,616
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr missattempts 28
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 2 hr missattempts 127
Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 10 hr Mike 214
Has Anybody Seen Or Heard From o2bndisney ? 12 hr Wawrzyfan1 4
OCSD Deputies Abused My Wife And I . Today I Ha... 12 hr Wawrzyfan1 2
Ku Klux Klan report by FDLE leaves many unanswe... 12 hr Tad 1
•••
•••