Comments
466,541 - 466,560 of 486,525 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502691 Apr 4, 2013
DianeAx wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of the precedent being set if the judge rules that Casey's story is an asset that the bankruptcy estate has the right to liquidate for the benefit of Casey's unsecured creditors.
But what if none of the unsecured creditors file a claim?
I don't think Z(not F)G, Kronk, or Tim Miller have claims they can prove since they weren't awarded judgments.
:o
LOL
Did you notice this on the Bankrupcy form which was downloaded on the media website?

Tim Miller, lucky guy, is listed as the sole UNdisputed creditor, and the doors been left wide open as to the amount.

Tim Miller
Date claim was incurred - unknown
Consideration for claim - Owner of TX Equusearch/search fees and costs
Contingent - no
Unliquidated - no
Disputed - no
Amount if claim - unknown

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/docum...

If this was an authentic filing, it would probably be enough to have Schrader declared mentally incompetent to practice, among dozens of other reasons he's unable to comprehend the definition of "contingent".....

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502692 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
*********
Florida Supreme Court ruling limits Belvin Perry's term as chief judge
February 13, 2012|By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
A new Florida Supreme Court ruling means long-serving Chief Judge Belvin Perry cannot be chief judge of the Ninth Judicial Circuit beyond June 30, 2013.
The ruling caps chief judge terms across the state at eight years. But it allows sitting chief judges who have served more than eight years in those roles to complete their unexpired terms.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-02-1...
*******
To follow the news, one requires a poor memory. Just recently Judge Perry appeared on Central Florida Spotlight highly supportive of the GPS monitoring program, and now an email to OS has reported he's scrapped it,
Last year it was reported he must step down as Chief Court judge by June of this year, but a more recent story has him on the bench until 2015.
Then of course is the recent story he's been impersonated on Facebook.....how blatantly desperate one must be to impersonate a Judge.
The Florida Bar News
January 15, 2013

"Court tweaks judicial branch governance plan"

> Term limits for trial court chief judges are delayed until 2015, and language has been clarified about how judges should speak with one voice to the other two branches on budget matters. <

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN/jnnews01.... !OpenDocument
SankaONice

Warner Robins, GA

#502693 Apr 4, 2013
Is this why Dayz is in Florida for "vacation"?

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502694 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
The Florida Bar News
January 15, 2013
"Court tweaks judicial branch governance plan"
> Term limits for trial court chief judges are delayed until 2015, and language has been clarified about how judges should speak with one voice to the other two branches on budget matters. <
http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN/jnnews01.... !OpenDocument
My point was how easy it is for the media to misinform, and misinformation is never retracted.

As a consumer of news, the onus should not be on me to research whether or not published stories are true and that's one of the reasons the public's level of "trust" in the media is low.

If appears to me the reporter confused a ruling regarding "Florida Supreme Court Chief Judges" with Circuit Court, Chief Judges and the story was false from day one.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502695 Apr 4, 2013
SankaONice wrote:
Is this why Dayz is in Florida for "vacation"?
http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...
Gosh, neither the trustee or the bankruptcy judge will be much impressed to learn these attorneys have taken matters into their own hands, without the Court having ruled upon the motion to proceed with bidding process.

Wonder what sanction they'll receive? Disbarred?

**********

ORLANDO, Fla.—Thursday is the last day for bids on telling Casey Anthony’s story.

Attorneys for creditors in Anthony’s bankruptcy case have been accepting bids for weeks.

The plan is to raise money on behalf of Anthony’s lengthy list of creditors. She owes about $800,000.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502698 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was how easy it is for the media to misinform, and misinformation is never retracted.
As a consumer of news, the onus should not be on me to research whether or not published stories are true and that's one of the reasons the public's level of "trust" in the media is low.
If appears to me the reporter confused a ruling regarding "Florida Supreme Court Chief Judges" with Circuit Court, Chief Judges and the story was false from day one.
Actually, the story was true, up until there was so much protest presented before the FL Supreme Court, the court decided term limits could be imposed by the Legislature. However, in order to "tweak" it, they "moved" the start date up by 2 years.

If you read their decision, it's as confusing as the decision they made on overturning 2 of Casey's 4 convictions, imo.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/decisions/...

But I agree, the media never made much about the change, and I was as confused as you until I hunted down the ruling, which I also agree with you, shouldn't have been needed if the media had done a better job of updating their stories.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#502699 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you mean "bothered", TM?
I mean this baby should be left alone. His/her (I think the story said his) privacy should be respected by and from news organizations. I guess that's not going to happen. I think Lee and Mallory's business shouldn't be public fodder for that matter. I imagine that's out too.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502700 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, neither the trustee or the bankruptcy judge will be much impressed to learn these attorneys have taken matters into their own hands, without the Court having ruled upon the motion to proceed with bidding process.
Wonder what sanction they'll receive? Disbarred?
**********
ORLANDO, Fla.—Thursday is the last day for bids on telling Casey Anthony’s story.
Attorneys for creditors in Anthony’s bankruptcy case have been accepting bids for weeks.
The plan is to raise money on behalf of Anthony’s lengthy list of creditors. She owes about $800,000.
Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...
Did you read the trustee's motion? Once again, I find it a bit confusing, in that:

Bids must be accompanied by a 100% deposit; bids must be in increments of not less than $10K; bidders must provide documents attesting to their financial ability to come up with the cash(but wait.....don't all bids have to be accompanied by a 100% "deposit"? My quick math shows that 100% translates into 100%, so why do bidders have to provide docs confirming their ability to pay? Cash is cash.)

It goes on further to state that if the highest bidder fails to cough up the winning bid, it would go to the next highest bidder.(Huh? I thought all bids had to have a 100% "deposit"?)

But then it goes on to state that all deposits will be returned to the losing bidders.(so, they DO have to cough up a 100% "deposit", seeing as it will be returned if they lose the bid, right?)

And last but not least, if no one outbids James m. Schober, he will win the "prize", before the motion is heard by the court.

**********

Maybe it's just me, but none of this makes any sense.(Including JMS's offer to buy the rights in order to prevent Casey from selling,{not to be confused with telling it for free}, her story).

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502701 Apr 4, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean this baby should be left alone. His/her (I think the story said his) privacy should be respected by and from news organizations. I guess that's not going to happen. I think Lee and Mallory's business shouldn't be public fodder for that matter. I imagine that's out too.
Unfortunately, any name associated with the case, has become newsworthy due to its high profile nature.

Local media attention to the family has all but ceased. I remember well the days of the 24/7 live webcams, but those days are long gone.

I don't think you have to worry, TM. When the local news has to "report" on an uncorroborated story posted on another website, without any disclaimers as to it's validity, any interest in this is just a blip on a slow news night.

Just like their wedding.....not much was made of that, either.

If the story is true, finally there's something to be happy about in this very long and very sad case, no matter what side one is on.
A new baby.......what could be more wonderful!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#502702 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, any name associated with the case, has become newsworthy due to its high profile nature.
Local media attention to the family has all but ceased. I remember well the days of the 24/7 live webcams, but those days are long gone.
I don't think you have to worry, TM. When the local news has to "report" on an uncorroborated story posted on another website, without any disclaimers as to it's validity, any interest in this is just a blip on a slow news night.
Just like their wedding.....not much was made of that, either.
If the story is true, finally there's something to be happy about in this very long and very sad case, no matter what side one is on.
A new baby.......what could be more wonderful!
While I agree with you ngrace, I'm pretty sure Lee and Mallory would appreciate being left alone, if not for their own sake, at least for a new baby's sake.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502706 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I were an attorney, even if this bankruptcy was about what the media says it is, I'd be too ashamed to present that convulted plan to a judge. But in a fairy tale, anything's possible.
Expect fireworks in Tampa!

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#502708 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
ORLANDO, Fla.—Thursday is the last day for bids on telling Casey Anthony’s story.
Attorneys for creditors in Anthony’s bankruptcy case have been accepting bids for weeks.
The plan is to raise money on behalf of Anthony’s lengthy list of creditors. She owes about $800,000.
Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...
******
This news report bothers me - by virtue of this announcement, it legitimizes the collection of funds when the said motion approving the process has not ever been approved by a judge. Furthermore the trustee is in charge of any auction, not "attorneys for creditors"......mentioned anonymously at that.
That the media continue to regurgitate this $800,000 is very deceiving as well, since no claims have been settled (according to the storyline).
Pardon my suspicion, but this smells like a scam in the works.
Soooooo! What's New?

Pardon my suspicion...but this $mell like a $cam in the Work$???
The scam is running it's last miles..
2228

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#502709 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Expect fireworks in Tampa!
You know it!!!
5319

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#502711 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, forgot to add, I think the trustee picked up on Casey's comment, "I try to contribute when I can", when asked about who was paying for her basic living expenses.
It sure made my ears pick up when I heard her say it. If she has no income, how can she contribute?
Why does contribution always needs to have a $ Sign?

I contributed "My Time" for Free to my Local Sheriff
in Florida in 08.....
Never Again...

Ms Dorothy Sims " Ocalaw.com " originaly made the arrangements
when Casey was released...jut sayin..
6890

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502712 Apr 4, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it!!!
5319
In memory of our dearly departed "DAYS", I have to say it......

BAM!

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502713 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Ngracie's avoidance in commenting on that article is as obvious as fireworks that go KERBANG!
Put down that glass of Ripple and hold on to your seat.....that article is passé.

In a scathing 17 page Response To The Trustee's Motion To Sell Her Rights, Mr. Schrader blasts the Trustee and weaves in a few clues about Casey's past and future.

(Snips to follow.)

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502714 Apr 4, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does contribution always needs to have a $ Sign?
I contributed "My Time" for Free to my Local Sheriff
in Florida in 08.....
Never Again...
Ms Dorothy Sims " Ocalaw.com " originaly made the arrangements
when Casey was released...jut sayin..
6890
Because in the context of the question specifically asked of her about who was paying for her food.

Unless she's growing her own veggie garden, or roping steers, I assumed it meant she was chipping in with cash.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502715 Apr 4, 2013
Response to Trustee's Motion To Sell Her right's, filed April 4, 2013

snip snip snip snip snip snip snip
**********

(snip)
> For those reasons, and as further explained below, the Court should decline the Trustee's invitation to create judicial legislation that would drastically alter existing bankruptcy law, sell assts that did not exist when the petition was filed, and punish a debtor for no reason other than spite. <

**********

(snip)
> In July of 2011, a sequestered jury acquitted Ms. Anthony of the most serious charges in the Criminal Case, including the charge of murder. However, she was convicted of misdemeanor charges of lying to law enforcement, though some of the convictions were reversed and others remain on appeal. She has fully served all punishment meted out by the criminal judge; indeed, she served twice as much time as was legally required, given the reversal of two of the four charges. <
**********

(snip)
> Thus, the "property" which the Trustee seeks to sell includes all of Ms. Anthony's memories, experiences, and thought processes from her birth. There is not a single, private thought or memory that Ms. Anthony ever had - from the time she was born through the time she filed her petition - that is not included within the "property" the Trustee seeks to sell. Significantly, the Trustee does not cite a single statute or case that supports his conclusory assertion that the matters enumerated in paragraph 3 of the Trustee's Motion are "among the assets of the Estate. <

**********

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502716 Apr 4, 2013
(snip)
> There is not a single case in the entire country that justifies granting the relief the Trustee seeks here. The Trustee requests this Court to create special law and write different rules for Ms. Anthony, an unfortunate inclination of many that this is consistent with the rule of law. The Court should decline that invitation. <

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#502717 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Ngracie's avoidance in commenting on that article is as obvious as fireworks that go KERBANG!
The difference between You and ngrace?

Ngrace rely on the Law,Rules and Regulations..

You Rambler., rely on allegations,gossip and Grund's
Religious Organization.& Snakes,.like a Jumping Jack Wabbit!

Regardless..
Red Deer, Alberta,Canada has NO Jurisdiction
in any of your comments..It's Moot..
You talking to yourself .,
Why respect your comments?
You're still an Impostor and UNregistered on TOPIX.COM ..
Why bother with you..
Just sayin...

5468

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min THE DEVIL 1,099,779
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 26 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 17,619
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 2 hr Dude 2,957
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,292
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 hr Princess Hey 9,044
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 17,047
The alphabet (Jun '06) 4 hr Princess Hey 1,050
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••