Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502695 Apr 4, 2013
SankaONice wrote:
Is this why Dayz is in Florida for "vacation"?
http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...
Gosh, neither the trustee or the bankruptcy judge will be much impressed to learn these attorneys have taken matters into their own hands, without the Court having ruled upon the motion to proceed with bidding process.

Wonder what sanction they'll receive? Disbarred?

ORLANDO, Fla.—Thursday is the last day for bids on telling Casey Anthony’s story.

Attorneys for creditors in Anthony’s bankruptcy case have been accepting bids for weeks.

The plan is to raise money on behalf of Anthony’s lengthy list of creditors. She owes about $800,000.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extend...

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502698 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was how easy it is for the media to misinform, and misinformation is never retracted.
As a consumer of news, the onus should not be on me to research whether or not published stories are true and that's one of the reasons the public's level of "trust" in the media is low.
If appears to me the reporter confused a ruling regarding "Florida Supreme Court Chief Judges" with Circuit Court, Chief Judges and the story was false from day one.
Actually, the story was true, up until there was so much protest presented before the FL Supreme Court, the court decided term limits could be imposed by the Legislature. However, in order to "tweak" it, they "moved" the start date up by 2 years.

If you read their decision, it's as confusing as the decision they made on overturning 2 of Casey's 4 convictions, imo.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/decisions/...

But I agree, the media never made much about the change, and I was as confused as you until I hunted down the ruling, which I also agree with you, shouldn't have been needed if the media had done a better job of updating their stories.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#502699 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you mean "bothered", TM?
I mean this baby should be left alone. His/her (I think the story said his) privacy should be respected by and from news organizations. I guess that's not going to happen. I think Lee and Mallory's business shouldn't be public fodder for that matter. I imagine that's out too.

Level 7

Location hidden

#502700 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, neither the trustee or the bankruptcy judge will be much impressed to learn these attorneys have taken matters into their own hands, without the Court having ruled upon the motion to proceed with bidding process.
Wonder what sanction they'll receive? Disbarred?
ORLANDO, Fla.—Thursday is the last day for bids on telling Casey Anthony’s story.
Attorneys for creditors in Anthony’s bankruptcy case have been accepting bids for weeks.
The plan is to raise money on behalf of Anthony’s lengthy list of creditors. She owes about $800,000.
Did you read the trustee's motion? Once again, I find it a bit confusing, in that:

Bids must be accompanied by a 100% deposit; bids must be in increments of not less than $10K; bidders must provide documents attesting to their financial ability to come up with the cash(but wait.....don't all bids have to be accompanied by a 100% "deposit"? My quick math shows that 100% translates into 100%, so why do bidders have to provide docs confirming their ability to pay? Cash is cash.)

It goes on further to state that if the highest bidder fails to cough up the winning bid, it would go to the next highest bidder.(Huh? I thought all bids had to have a 100% "deposit"?)

But then it goes on to state that all deposits will be returned to the losing bidders.(so, they DO have to cough up a 100% "deposit", seeing as it will be returned if they lose the bid, right?)

And last but not least, if no one outbids James m. Schober, he will win the "prize", before the motion is heard by the court.

Maybe it's just me, but none of this makes any sense.(Including JMS's offer to buy the rights in order to prevent Casey from selling,{not to be confused with telling it for free}, her story).

Level 7

Location hidden

#502701 Apr 4, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean this baby should be left alone. His/her (I think the story said his) privacy should be respected by and from news organizations. I guess that's not going to happen. I think Lee and Mallory's business shouldn't be public fodder for that matter. I imagine that's out too.
Unfortunately, any name associated with the case, has become newsworthy due to its high profile nature.

Local media attention to the family has all but ceased. I remember well the days of the 24/7 live webcams, but those days are long gone.

I don't think you have to worry, TM. When the local news has to "report" on an uncorroborated story posted on another website, without any disclaimers as to it's validity, any interest in this is just a blip on a slow news night.

Just like their wedding.....not much was made of that, either.

If the story is true, finally there's something to be happy about in this very long and very sad case, no matter what side one is on.
A new baby.......what could be more wonderful!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#502702 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, any name associated with the case, has become newsworthy due to its high profile nature.
Local media attention to the family has all but ceased. I remember well the days of the 24/7 live webcams, but those days are long gone.
I don't think you have to worry, TM. When the local news has to "report" on an uncorroborated story posted on another website, without any disclaimers as to it's validity, any interest in this is just a blip on a slow news night.
Just like their wedding.....not much was made of that, either.
If the story is true, finally there's something to be happy about in this very long and very sad case, no matter what side one is on.
A new baby.......what could be more wonderful!
While I agree with you ngrace, I'm pretty sure Lee and Mallory would appreciate being left alone, if not for their own sake, at least for a new baby's sake.

Level 7

Location hidden

#502706 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if I were an attorney, even if this bankruptcy was about what the media says it is, I'd be too ashamed to present that convulted plan to a judge. But in a fairy tale, anything's possible.
Expect fireworks in Tampa!

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#502708 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
This news report bothers me - by virtue of this announcement, it legitimizes the collection of funds when the said motion approving the process has not ever been approved by a judge. Furthermore the trustee is in charge of any auction, not "attorneys for creditors"......mentioned anonymously at that.
That the media continue to regurgitate this $800,000 is very deceiving as well, since no claims have been settled (according to the storyline).
Pardon my suspicion, but this smells like a scam in the works.
Soooooo! What's New?

Pardon my suspicion...but this $mell like a $cam in the Work$???
The scam is running it's last miles..

Level 6

Location hidden

#502709 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Expect fireworks in Tampa!
You know it!!!

Level 6

Location hidden

#502711 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops, forgot to add, I think the trustee picked up on Casey's comment, "I try to contribute when I can", when asked about who was paying for her basic living expenses.
It sure made my ears pick up when I heard her say it. If she has no income, how can she contribute?
Why does contribution always needs to have a $ Sign?

I contributed "My Time" for Free to my Local Sheriff
in Florida in 08.....
Never Again...

Ms Dorothy Sims " Ocalaw.com " originaly made the arrangements
when Casey was released...jut sayin..

Level 7

Location hidden

#502712 Apr 4, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it!!!
In memory of our dearly departed "DAYS", I have to say it......

BAM!

Level 7

Location hidden

#502713 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Ngracie's avoidance in commenting on that article is as obvious as fireworks that go KERBANG!
Put down that glass of Ripple and hold on to your seat.....that article is passé.

In a scathing 17 page Response To The Trustee's Motion To Sell Her Rights, Mr. Schrader blasts the Trustee and weaves in a few clues about Casey's past and future.

(Snips to follow.)

Level 7

Location hidden

#502714 Apr 4, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does contribution always needs to have a $ Sign?
I contributed "My Time" for Free to my Local Sheriff
in Florida in 08.....
Never Again...
Ms Dorothy Sims " Ocalaw.com " originaly made the arrangements
when Casey was released...jut sayin..
Because in the context of the question specifically asked of her about who was paying for her food.

Unless she's growing her own veggie garden, or roping steers, I assumed it meant she was chipping in with cash.

Level 7

Location hidden

#502715 Apr 4, 2013
Response to Trustee's Motion To Sell Her right's, filed April 4, 2013

snip snip snip snip snip snip snip

(snip)
> For those reasons, and as further explained below, the Court should decline the Trustee's invitation to create judicial legislation that would drastically alter existing bankruptcy law, sell assts that did not exist when the petition was filed, and punish a debtor for no reason other than spite. <

(snip)
> In July of 2011, a sequestered jury acquitted Ms. Anthony of the most serious charges in the Criminal Case, including the charge of murder. However, she was convicted of misdemeanor charges of lying to law enforcement, though some of the convictions were reversed and others remain on appeal. She has fully served all punishment meted out by the criminal judge; indeed, she served twice as much time as was legally required, given the reversal of two of the four charges. <

(snip)
> Thus, the "property" which the Trustee seeks to sell includes all of Ms. Anthony's memories, experiences, and thought processes from her birth. There is not a single, private thought or memory that Ms. Anthony ever had - from the time she was born through the time she filed her petition - that is not included within the "property" the Trustee seeks to sell. Significantly, the Trustee does not cite a single statute or case that supports his conclusory assertion that the matters enumerated in paragraph 3 of the Trustee's Motion are "among the assets of the Estate. <

Level 7

Location hidden

#502716 Apr 4, 2013
(snip)
> There is not a single case in the entire country that justifies granting the relief the Trustee seeks here. The Trustee requests this Court to create special law and write different rules for Ms. Anthony, an unfortunate inclination of many that this is consistent with the rule of law. The Court should decline that invitation. <

Level 6

Location hidden

#502717 Apr 4, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Ngracie's avoidance in commenting on that article is as obvious as fireworks that go KERBANG!
The difference between You and ngrace?

Ngrace rely on the Law,Rules and Regulations..

You Rambler., rely on allegations,gossip and Grund's
Religious Organization.& Snakes,.like a Jumping Jack Wabbit!

Regardless..
Red Deer, Alberta,Canada has NO Jurisdiction
in any of your comments..It's Moot..
You talking to yourself .,
Why respect your comments?
You're still an Impostor and UNregistered on TOPIX.COM ..
Why bother with you..
Just sayin...

Level 7

Location hidden

#502718 Apr 4, 2013
(snip)
> Justitia, the Roman Goddess of Justice, commonly wears a blindfold to symbolize the justice system's impartial resolution of disputes without fear or favor. In this case, the Trustee, relying upon a bogus, bad faith purchase offer, wants Lady Justice to peek under her blindfold, see Casey Anthony, and create an onerous special law to punish Ms. Anthony solely because of who the media has depicted her to be.<

(snip)
> It is surprising that the Trustee would admit that the purpose of the proposed sale is to punish Ms. Anthony. It is equally surprising that he does not recognize how grievously this expressed motive of punishing the Debtor conflicts with his statutory duties, though it is doubtful that the Trustee has ever filed a motion to sell property on explicitly stated punitive grounds. <

Level 6

Location hidden

#502719 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Because in the context of the question specifically asked of her about who was paying for her food.
Unless she's growing her own veggie garden, or roping steers, I assumed it meant she was chipping in with cash.
EBT...

Level 7

Location hidden

#502720 Apr 4, 2013
(snip)
> She would be barred from working as a victim's advocate with the Court system because all of her life experiences - including her thoughts and memories - would be brought to bear as part of that role. She would be barred as she entered her twilight years from writing a book of her experiences from which others might learn and benefit. In fact, Ms. Anthony would be barred from ever telling anyone about anything that ever happened to her from the time she was born until at least the petition date. <

(snip)
> Under the proposed terms of sale, Ms. Anthony would be unable to accept plane fare and hotel accommodations so she could travel and counsel other victims of child abuse.<

(snip)
> The administrative quagmire and litigation that could result from the proposed sale is endless.

It is widely reported that Ms. Anthony was the victim of child abuse. It is not uncommon for victims of child abuse to wall themselves off from past memories and live in fantasy worlds with imagined memories. If the trustee's proposed sale were allowed, would it encompass memories that ms. Anthony might recall if she were to undergo hypnosis or other therapy as part of her continuing efforts to come to terms with the past?

Where does the invasion of her thoughts and memories end? <

Level 6

Location hidden

#502721 Apr 4, 2013
ngrace wrote:
(snip)
> There is not a single case in the entire country that justifies granting the relief the Trustee seeks here. The Trustee requests this Court to create special law and write different rules for Ms. Anthony, an unfortunate inclination of many that this is consistent with the rule of law. The Court should decline that invitation. <
That's exacly the reason why I faxed the 42 pages to the Executive Office for Us.Trustees (Director) Office of Criminal Enforcement,in Washington DC last tuesday!

The snakes are hatching..already did feel their rattles
this morning...

I agree with you..There will be Fireworks in Tampa..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min UnderstandTopiqs 1,126,103
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Friv4games 47,494
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 45 min HELL ON EARTH 25,889
Boca woman sues UF fraternity brothers for secr... (Jul '08) 3 hr Misty Campus 361
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr Riverside 17,681
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 3 hr PRINCESS HAYSTACKS 2,537
Sarah Palin's father and brother pen book about... (Oct '12) 4 hr coach 67 15
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]