CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 23,292)

Showing posts 465,821 - 465,840 of478,308
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

JOSEBAEZ4CONGRESS wrote:
<quoted text>
She just won another one in the Appellate court too.
The Court of Appeals granted her motion to supplement the record - in anticipation for a new appeals hearing - for the 2 remaining convictions.
Meanwhile, Casey has put in another change of address with the court -- which I assume is far away from the Orlando drama.
:-)
great to hear. thank u so much for sharing good news as this. she jus keeps on sweeping them up one by one.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

JOSEBAEZ4CONGRESS wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have to agree with you.
There are no longer any civil cases pending against Casey Anthony in Orange County Florida.
I guess that means the litigants have no choice but to try their cases in Federal -- where the drama-filled shananigans won't be tolerated.
ZofK will likely need to show how she was able to retain MorganMorganMorgan.
Did ZofK pay taxes on the income that was generated by the Casey-Haters so she could hire lawyers to sue Casey?
Did the Casey-Haters pay taxes on the money they raised for ZofK?
Interesting questions that Federal inquiring minds will want to know.
ZOK didn't/doesn't pay M&M for their services because they are personal injury lawyers and their fees come from the defendant if they win their case.

Their clients pay nothing, including ZOK.

That's why they are so selective on the cases they take.....they don't take cases they don't feel they can win.

Considering how much they've invested in the ZOK case, it's no wonder they are like a dog with a bone......they want to get paid and will do whatever they can to make Casey pay $, one way or the other.

My question is, who is paying for the services of Mr. Shuker?
DianeAx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

civil cases wrote:
<quoted text>
was it the defamation suits?
Yeppers.
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

DianeAx wrote:
<quoted text> Yeppers.
i could not beleive the good news upon my return. if it's true, then she wins again. winners win, losers lose!

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
George never ID'd the clothing Caylee was wearing to be the same as were found with the remains.
Why aren't you at all interested in who's behind the respective Facebook accounts by which MomTective allegedly made the amazing discovery of the video of Caylee wearing the later too-small "stipped shorts" and the snipped photo of her wearing the "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" t-shirt?
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. It was that he changed his story about her clothing and no one called him out on it. He testified at trial that she was wearing shorts, which contradicted his own statement in 2008 that she was wearing a skirt.

By testifying at trial that she was wearing shorts, and not getting called on it, the jury was left with the impression that Caylee was wearing the same shorts she was found with......the jury was mislead by allowing this contradiction to stand. And I don't understand why the defense didn't impeach his testimony on this point.

As to the video, I remember back in the days when I could stand watching Nancy Grace, the person who provided the video was interviewed by her.

As to the shirt, I think the shirt found with the remains was not the same shirt in the pix.....I think it was intended to look like the same shirt, because the letters were described as iron-on, which isn't how mass produced clothing is manufactured. I think the shirt was part of the staged crime scene, which would point in one or two directions.

And I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but how many average citizens know how to stage a crime scene,(or plant duct tape on a gas can)?
JOSEBAEZ4CONGRES S

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
ZOK didn't/doesn't pay M&M for their services because they are personal injury lawyers and their fees come from the defendant if they win their case.
Their clients pay nothing, including ZOK.
This is a common misconception in the contingency fee legal arena.
Contingency fees pertain to the hourly rates that a firm or lawyer charges, per their usual and customary rates.

In the event of a loss, the firm can still bill the client for actual costs incurred. Such as filing fees, depo transcriptions, medical records, copying costs etc...

While it's true that lawyers are very selective about the cases they take on contingency, it's not due to the fact that they "only collect if they win".
They can still bill for actual costs out-of-pocket.

It's just that it's difficult to squeeze that kind of blood out of a destitute turnip.

Any lawyer would take a contigency case, even if they were sure to lose, if the client was say...... Donald Trump.
That is because they know they would recoup the actual out-of-pocket costs incurred.
They're only losing the value of their time.

The Morgans might only take sure bets most of the time, but even they can't win em all.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

How can she owe $1403.32 to ATT for a cell phone bill she reportedly stole money from friends and family to pay for?

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIZ...
JOSEBAEZ4CONGRES S

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the point I was trying to make. It was that he changed his story about her clothing and no one called him out on it. He testified at trial that she was wearing shorts, which contradicted his own statement in 2008 that she was wearing a skirt.
By testifying at trial that she was wearing shorts, and not getting called on it, the jury was left with the impression that Caylee was wearing the same shorts she was found with......the jury was mislead by allowing this contradiction to stand. And I don't understand why the defense didn't impeach his testimony on this point.
As to the video, I remember back in the days when I could stand watching Nancy Grace, the person who provided the video was interviewed by her.
As to the shirt, I think the shirt found with the remains was not the same shirt in the pix.....I think it was intended to look like the same shirt, because the letters were described as iron-on, which isn't how mass produced clothing is manufactured. I think the shirt was part of the staged crime scene, which would point in one or two directions.
And I'm sorry to keep harping on this, but how many average citizens know how to stage a crime scene,(or plant duct tape on a gas can)?
George testified that the clothes found with Caylee's remains were NOT the same clothes Caylee had on when she left the house ALIVE at 1:00 on June 16, 2008.

The Anthony's made it clear that the shorts were well outgrown and no longer in use.

The Anthony's also testified that they weren't aware Caylee had a shirt SIMILAR TO the one found, until Linda Burdick showed it to them during their depositions.

Did the State suborn perjury or elicit impeachment material from their own witnesses?

You can't be this dumb. I know you can't.
JOSEBAEZ4CONGRES S

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
How can she owe $1403.32 to ATT for a cell phone bill she reportedly stole money from friends and family to pay for?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIZ...
That was one expensive black jack!!!!!!
JOSEBAEZ4CONGRES S

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to take my word on this, but if they (M&M) don't win, their clients owe them nothing.
Promise.
They are known as grinders......settlement agreements are their bread and butter, as they have a built in clause that their fees will be paid by the defendant if they settle out of court, sans trial.
Their cases usually do settle out of court.....they "encourage" their clients to do so.
I believe you and I agree with you about settlement agreements.
But this isn't ever going to be a settlement.

Someone set up a Paypal account to accept "donations" for Zenaida's "legal expenses".
Perhaps you remember this from the marathon deposition?

Now, I'm not saying that MorganMorganMorgan would bill ZofK for actual out-of-pocket costs when she eventually loses.

I'm just saying they COULD if they wanted to.
It's a misconception to assume that they can't.
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

fckn_yip_ wrote:
The more you antagonize the Ohio Puppet Master,--the more it types in a frenzy from puppet to puppet..
I swear they are starting to sound like real separate people, and not Siamese buttheads with the same ip.
Bravo
i think u forget to do as commanded. ur group left and is over at the jodi death thread where they follow all death related cases along with all the vulgar commentators. u were told to follow, what to say and to who. do as ur told, lol

and remember to not directly or indirectly speak of anyone. lmao

have a nice life, goodbye troll
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

some lawyers take on cases in the public for publicity. all free of charge
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

a person can miss much in a few weeks.

defamation suits dropped according to a few posters, she wins again

comes out looking like a movie star all dressed up fancy and classy looking. she answers questions ONLY related to the suits and give them a show with the facts.

the vulgar comments and trolls trolling for fights moved on when a mod had to step in. less to go through now and makes it very pleasant to post here now.

did i miss anything greater? sounds great to me, should be faster and easier to read here from now on. life is so demanding, who has time
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as?
look up all pro bono public cases and find ur answer

Level 4

Since: Jan 13

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

civil cases wrote:
a person can miss much in a few weeks.
defamation suits dropped according to a few posters, she wins again
comes out looking like a movie star all dressed up fancy and classy looking. she answers questions ONLY related to the suits and give them a show with the facts.
the vulgar comments and trolls trolling for fights moved on when a mod had to step in. less to go through now and makes it very pleasant to post here now.
did i miss anything greater? sounds great to me, should be faster and easier to read here from now on. life is so demanding, who has time
You have nothing but time on your hands debbiedays, if not for us you would have No One to talk to at all...

Suck it up and buy some new lawn chair furniture for your living room to celebrate Casey losing everything. Her Daughter, her fame and fortune, her freedom on the outside, and her self respect.

With all that going for her, she was destined to win her case. Too bad it backfired because Casey's little train that could, in the end Couldn't produce a dime for the lowly baby killer.

The End.:)

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

JOSEBAEZ4CONGRESS wrote:
<quoted text>
George testified that the clothes found with Caylee's remains were NOT the same clothes Caylee had on when she left the house ALIVE at 1:00 on June 16, 2008.
The Anthony's made it clear that the shorts were well outgrown and no longer in use.
The Anthony's also testified that they weren't aware Caylee had a shirt SIMILAR TO the one found, until Linda Burdick showed it to them during their depositions.
Did the State suborn perjury or elicit impeachment material from their own witnesses?
You can't be this dumb. I know you can't.
Maybe I am dumb, as you say, but not as dumb as you'd like me to be.

Cindy Anthony, not both Anthonys, said the shorts were outgrown and she hadn't seen them in awhile.

Cindy Anthony, not both Anthonys, said she's never seen a shirt like the one Caylee was wearing in the pix sold to the Globe and PUBLISHED to the world, prior to Caylee's remains being discovered.

George Anthony testified at trial, when asked by the defense to describe what Caylee was wearing, that she was wearing jeans shorts. The State never asked George what Caylee was wearing.

LDB, in her opening statement, stated:

"George Anthony specifically recalls that at 12:50pm on June 16 2008, his daughter Casey left the residence on Hopespring Drive with Caylee Marie Anthony. Caylee was wearing a pink shirt,jean shorts, sunglasses and a backpack. And Jo Jo, George Anthony,kissed his granddaughter goodbye. And never saw her again."

George Anthony interview, August 4, 2008: I know she was dressed in her little, ah, blue jean SKIRT, the white tennis shoes, um.....

Question: Blue jean SKIRT?

George Anthony: Right.

So no, DAYS, the State didn't suborn perjury because they NEVER asked George during trial what Caylee was wearing.

And maybe this is just one of those BIG COINCIDENCES, but considering that I posted the link for this transcript with the page number (10) just a few hours ago on this very thread, it's really ODD that when I went back to same transcript, that page is SUDDENLY BLANK!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/66336485/Casey-Anth...
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Rambleroid wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing but time on your hands debbiedays, if not for us you would have No One to talk to at all...
Suck it up and buy some new lawn chair furniture for your living room to celebrate Casey losing everything. Her Daughter, her fame and fortune, her freedom on the outside, and her self respect.
With all that going for her, she was destined to win her case. Too bad it backfired because Casey's little train that could, in the end Couldn't produce a dime for the lowly baby killer.
The End.:)
wrong name, wrong game, wrong choices. wrong debbie snack. jus wrong all the time u sad thing

u have mistaken me with urself who sits here everyday. i have a real world with a real life and not here everyday posting bs for fun like u do.

casey lost her daughter and that is all. one day maybe she will go after who murdered her. she never had fame so she can't lose it. she never had fortune so she can't lose it. she can't lose things she never had. she can only gain what she never had and i think she will in time. her freedom will come soon enough with personal changes. her other freedom came when she was found not guilty, so she is FREE and u r worng on every sentence fool. stay tuned to the real world for ur news source

her dime will come soon enough to.

not the end but the beginning for her new life
JOSEBAEZ4CONGRES S

Quincy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

civil cases wrote:
some lawyers take on cases in the public for publicity. all free of charge
When MorganMorganMorgan brought this suit on behalf of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, Casey was sitting in jail, facing the death penalty.

95% of the population who followed the case didn't think Casey would ever see freedom again.
This meant she would forever be broke.

Just what kind of "settlement" did MorganMorganMorgan think they were going to get from inmate Casey Anthony -- much less collect on?

Morgans were trying to rush the civil case so fast - they didn't want to wait for the death penalty case to conclude.

They couldn't have possibly had the expectation that they would ever see a monetary payoff from Casey unless they were banking on her acquittal.
civil cases

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro bono
The problem of chronic underfunding of legal aid traps the lower middle class in no-man's-land: too rich to qualify for legal aid, too poor to pay an attorney in private practice. To remedy the ongoing shortage of legal aid services, some commentators have suggested that mandatory pro bono obligations ought to be required of all lawyers, just as physicians working in emergency rooms are required to treat all patients regardless of ability to pay.[8] However, most such proposals have been successfully fought off by bar associations. A notable exception is the Orange County Bar Association in Orlando, Florida, which requires all bar members to participate in its Legal Aid Society, by either serving in a pro bono capacity or donating a fee in lieu of service. Even where mandatory pro bono exists, however, funding for legal aid remains
severely insufficient to provide assistance to a majority of those in need.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aid_in_the...
very good, there u have it.

some states ask them to take on at least one a year!

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

DianeAx wrote:
<quoted text> It's important to be discerning about sources.
I would not classify scribd as an legitimate source.
It's also in the discovery pages released.

Doc# 2014

I can't link my saved docs, but I can link what's available online.

Prior to this page, and ONLY this page, suddenly being deleted, the text is verbatim to the text in doc #2014.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 465,821 - 465,840 of478,308
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Mothra 43,028
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,034,676
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 40 min Sami 95,848
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr Panamaed 2,634
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr rubygoober 887
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 2 hr rubygoober 2,383
~~name three things~~ (Feb '13) 3 hr rubygoober 584
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••