CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#502059 Mar 16, 2013
"Casey Anthony
$10K Bid To Buy Silence ...
FOREVER!"

3/16/2013 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

>Nobody wants to pay for a Casey Anthony interview ... but there IS someone who's offered to pay $10,000 in order to keep the alleged child murderer SILENT for the rest of her life ... TMZ has learned.

According to new court documents filed in Anthony's bankruptcy case, Casey's camp has received a $10k offer from a man hoping to obtain exclusive rights to Casey's life story.

But the buyer doesn't want to make a movie, put her on TV or write a book -- the docs explain his sole motivation is to "prevent Ms. Anthony or others from publishing or profiting from her story in the future."

The man seeking to purchase the rights is James M. Schober -- and as far as we can tell, he's just a random guy with no ties to Anthony or her family.

The trustee handling the bankruptcy case has been tasked with identifying anything of value that can be used to pay back the $800k Casey owes her creditors.

As far as we can see, there's no way the judge will green-light Schober's plan. First, even Casey doesn't have the exclusive right to her story -- someone could write an unauthorized biography. Besides that ... there's no way a judge would force the sale of thoughts in Casey's head.

It's very weird ... but the bankruptcy trustee is totally into selling Casey's story, because he's asking the court if he can create a bidding war.

He shouldn't hold his breath.<

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/16/casey-anthony-l...

Level 7

Location hidden

#502060 Mar 16, 2013
TRUSTEE'S MOTION SELL PROPERTY OF THE ESTATE AND APPROVE AUCTION PROCEDURES

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQ...
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502064 Mar 16, 2013
ngrace wrote:
TRUSTEE'S MOTION SELL PROPERTY OF THE ESTATE AND APPROVE AUCTION PROCEDURES
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7DjeAMt_BpIQ...
Have you lost your mind?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502066 Mar 16, 2013
SunnyDaysAhead wrote:
<quoted text>
If she refuses $10k not to tell her story - will the bids keep getting higher?
Donald Trump or Harris Rosen may need to step in afterall - if silence goes to the highest bidder.
:)
At the very least, Casey should FIGHT for the RIGHT to be be given options!!!!!!L

What of the sale of body parts? Was that considered?

Or how about a surrogate motherhood arrangement? Yeah, that's a thought!

Level 7

Location hidden

#502067 Mar 16, 2013
SunnyDaysAhead wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it say?
Basically it says, they will have a bidding war.

All bids must be in writing and accompanied by a deposit of 100% of the proposed higher bid; all bids must be received within 21 days of the date of mailing of this notice; a statement that any such higher bid is not contingent upon Casey's cooperation; and if no higher bids are received, James Schoder will be the winning . bidder.

If more than one bid is received, there will be an auction. The minimum raise on any bid shall be $10K; proof of financial ability to pay must be provided to the court; the court shall determine the auction date (if one is held); if the winning bidder doesn't cough up the final amount in 10 days, the deposit will go into the BK coffers, and the second highest bidder will win the auction.

Holy crap.....this motion was filed by the attorney for the trustee.

WOW

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#502068 Mar 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
At the very least, Casey should FIGHT for the RIGHT to be be given options!!!!!!L
You appear to be suffering from PhyllisDilleritis. Way to much sarcasm for the Rambler who usually posts here. An imposter, I suspect.

Level 7

Location hidden

#502071 Mar 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I understand this thing is, she can never sell her story.

But I don't see how any court can strip her of her 1st Amendment Right to free speech, even though this motion seems to be trying to do that very thing.

Level 7

Location hidden

#502072 Mar 16, 2013
SunnyDaysAhead wrote:
<quoted text>
So Schoder owns her silence for $10k unless someone bids $20k?
What does that even mean?
What if he is the silence winning bidder at $10k, then changes his mind?
Does she then retain full non-silence rights?
I don't know the answers.

This is absurd!

You really should read the thing.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502073 Mar 16, 2013
Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be suffering from PhyllisDilleritis. Way to much sarcasm for the Rambler who usually posts here. An imposter, I suspect.
Nope!

What other ways can Casey argue the right to be given fundraising options?

I can think of others!

How about the recent rumour she's just over a month pregnant? Really, what would Cheney Mason know?

The court could force her to undergo a pregnancy test and if it's true, put the upcoming BABY up for bids! Surely some childless Bella Vita would pay top $$$$$$$ for a celebrity newborn, to also rescue the child from the plight of being raised by a notorious totmom killer -- all for a good cause. Perhaps even Nancy Grace would be interested in a sibling for those twins? Yes?

Level 7

Location hidden

#502074 Mar 16, 2013
3-(snipped)

"Among the assets of the estate are the exclusive worldwide rights in perpetuity to the commercialization of Anthony's life story, including her version of the facts, her thoughts and impressions of whatever nature, in so far as these pertain to her childhood, the disappearance and death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony, her subsequent arrest, incarceration, trial, acquittal and withdrawal from society, including".......(followe d by long list of every type of communication/publication/audi o/video, known to exist at present or developed in the future, including the Internet, social media, Twitter, You-tube, mobile/wireless, all portable devices including tablets/mobile phones, etc).
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502075 Mar 16, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I understand this thing is, she can never sell her story.
But I don't see how any court can strip her of her 1st Amendment Right to free speech, even though this motion seems to be trying to do that very thing.
How did you happen to come across that stooopid motion?

Perhaps you might pause to reflect that, if you didn't write it yourself, someone is pulling your leg!

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#502076 Mar 16, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically it says, they will have a bidding war.
All bids must be in writing and accompanied by a deposit of 100% of the proposed higher bid; all bids must be received within 21 days of the date of mailing of this notice; a statement that any such higher bid is not contingent upon Casey's cooperation; and if no higher bids are received, James Schoder will be the winning . bidder.
If more than one bid is received, there will be an auction. The minimum raise on any bid shall be $10K; proof of financial ability to pay must be provided to the court; the court shall determine the auction date (if one is held); if the winning bidder doesn't cough up the final amount in 10 days, the deposit will go into the BK coffers, and the second highest bidder will win the auction.
Holy crap.....this motion was filed by the attorney for the trustee.
WOW
a tad high for a $20 HOOOR, don't you think?

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#502077 Mar 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
What other ways can Casey argue the right to be given fundraising options?
I can think of others!
How about the recent rumour she's just over a month pregnant? Really, what would Cheney Mason know?
The court could force her to undergo a pregnancy test and if it's true, put the upcoming BABY up for bids! Surely some childless Bella Vita would pay top $$$$$$$ for a celebrity newborn, to also rescue the child from the plight of being raised by a notorious totmom killer -- all for a good cause. Perhaps even Nancy Grace would be interested in a sibling for those twins? Yes?
don't think she hasn't done that already, prolly why she had to kill her baby.
DianeAx

United States

#502078 Mar 16, 2013
SunnyDaysAhead wrote:
<quoted text>
So Schoder owns her silence for $10k unless someone bids $20k?
What does that even mean?
What if he is the silence winning bidder at $10k, then changes his mind?
Does she then retain full non-silence rights?
The sale isn't contingent on her cooperation.

ROTFLMAO!

Level 7

Location hidden

#502079 Mar 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you happen to come across that stooopid motion?
Perhaps you might pause to reflect that, if you didn't write it yourself, someone is pulling your leg!
If the lawyer writing it wasn't a member of the Florida Bar, I might agree with you.

FL Bar Member #185104

Level 7

Location hidden

#502082 Mar 16, 2013
SunnyDaysAhead wrote:
<quoted text>
And if she talks, the highest bidder from the auction - not Casey - gets the money from any perpetuity of commercialization?
This will be the bankruptcy court version of 'Storage Wars'.
You can't examine what you're buying before you buy it -- you just bid and hope you didn't get suckered.
BUT.......if Morgan/Morgan/Shuker depose Casey under oath for FREE - the highest bidder still gets exclusive commercialization rights: GUARANTEED!
Maybe Texas Equusearch will place a bid?
Notice how the legal lingo always refers to Caylee's disappearance as the primary event, and the death as the secondary event?
First Caylee disappeared. Then Caylee died.
Casey wasn't involved.
Interesting.
I did note the phraseology....but I think it was a matter of chronology rather than a matter of fact.

I don't know, but the motion is the craziest thing I've ever read. Like you said, what if the highest bidder wins the rights to her silence and she talks anyway? Would she be in contempt of court, or would the court (if granting this motion), be in contempt of violating her civil rights?

I said this thing was going to get worse before it gets better, and it looks like that's happening.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#502084 Mar 16, 2013
ngrace wrote:
3-(snipped)
"Among the assets of the estate are the exclusive worldwide rights in perpetuity to the commercialization of Anthony's life story, including her version of the facts, her thoughts and impressions of whatever nature, in so far as these pertain to her childhood, the disappearance and death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony, her subsequent arrest, incarceration, trial, acquittal and withdrawal from society, including".......(followe d by long list of every type of communication/publication/audi o/video, known to exist at present or developed in the future, including the Internet, social media, Twitter, You-tube, mobile/wireless, all portable devices including tablets/mobile phones, etc).
I have to honest. I really don't care about Casey's finances. She's about as interesting to me as an episode of Barney and Friends. Borderline torture. Even if she got the money, the IRS could freeze her bank accounts. Going to Bankrupcy court doesn't mean squat to them.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#502085 Mar 16, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
If the lawyer writing it wasn't a member of the Florida Bar, I might agree with you.
FL Bar Member #185104
You never answered the question - how did you happen to stumble across this google document?

Level 7

Location hidden

#502086 Mar 16, 2013
SunnyDaysAhead wrote:
<quoted text>
She wouldn't be in contempt since it clearly specifies that Casey's cooperation is optional.
LMAO!
Good point.

However, I'm still mystified by what is defined as Property in the motion.

"Property" the way I read it, means the highest bidder can win the right, to prevent her right, to sell her story("Property").

Something is really nutty here..........

Level 7

Location hidden

#502087 Mar 16, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You never answered the question - how did you happen to stumble across this google document?
I Googled it after reading the TMZ story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min BlueFlag 1,582,757
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 11 min Eagle 12 - 1,160
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr zazz 98,481
News Three houses busted in Merritt Island for growi... (May '08) 18 hr ummm 47
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sun Murph 73,828
News Orlando cop quits after her arrest -- Political... (May '08) Sun Lily1 41
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun Agents of Corruption 63,946

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages