CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...
AN other

Wilkesboro, NC

#498374 Feb 26, 2013
August 15, 2011

"Travis Alexander, 30, was found dead in his apartment in June 2008, and while Jodi first confess to police she was with him, though she fled the scene, she told them they were attacked by two masked gunmen. When she could get away, she original told police she did, but ironically she never called 911 to help her friend, Travis.

I have since heard that Jodi Arias has changed her story, and now says that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense. I don't think she has much of a chance if this is hers story now.

Even more surprising, last week, Jodi Arias declared in front of a court that she wants to act as her own attorney, though she has no more than an 11th grade education. The judge asked her if she had an legal experience, had a law license or even read the statute she is accused of violating and Arias replied "no".

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#498375 Feb 26, 2013
Tim Hortons WI-FI wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Even if she doesn't call a domestic abuse expert, she still had to take the stand to assert "self-defense".
A JUDGE following the law --makes a defendant present EVIDENCE of self-defense.
Sworn testimony is considered evidence and that is the only evidence Jodi has -- her own story.
She doesn't have eye-witnesses to the act or character witnesses who were familiar with Travis's role in the relationship.
With or without presenting testimony from a DV expert - Jodi MUST take the stand to assert "self-defense".
Period. End of story.
Admit I'm right and move on.
It was her choice to take the stand and she had that choice. It's her only way to get the expert to speak and she has to lay the ground work.
T-REX

Chico, CA

#498376 Feb 26, 2013
O poor baby crying about her luch.

Let the bytch starve to death
UZZA BUZZA

Philipsburg, PA

#498377 Feb 26, 2013
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Most likely hers because she loves to talk! She had to take the stand in order to have a domestic violence expert take the stand. I don't see how this will help her when JM has already proven her to be a liar, including dismantling her story of TA masturbating and the day her finger was broken etc.
The state will have their won expert as well. Her expert will be of no help because her opinion is based on Arias telling the truth.
Remember this arrogant killer wanted to be her on lawyer at one point..LOL
Thank you Mary.
I didn't know whose brainstorm it was. I was thinking it was probably hers. She loves the attention.
I am betting her attorney could hang himself.
Why is it these woman ( Jodi and Casey) that quit school feel they are so much smarter than everyone else ?? Yet, they don't even have a high school diploma.??? Oh, that's right, they are both sociopaths!
Thanks again
T-REX

Chico, CA

#498378 Feb 26, 2013
Tim Hortons WI-FI wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably wants to since he does everywhere else -- but no thanks.
Casey can attest to that and tell you she loved every drop,and that he supplied enough protien to last her a life time.
Tim Hortons WI-FI

Huntington, IN

#498379 Feb 26, 2013
T-REX wrote:
<quoted text>
Beside being stupid your blind also,Juan is proving her lies very meticulous one by one.
Jodi already said she lied and lied and lied.
Juan isn't telling the jury anything new.
Jodi already said she lied and agreed to tell the truth under sworn oath in a court of law.
Attacking an admitted liar for admitting that she lied is as dumb as attacking a cancer survivor for going into remission.
It's fruitless.

If he has a rebuttal that Jodi was not defending herself then he needs to get to the deed and quit all this irrelevant wrangling.

"YOU'RE TALKING IN CIRCLES"--Jodi Arias to Juan Martinez

He's giving her a migraine. LMMFAO!
gloomy days

United States

#498380 Feb 26, 2013
AN other wrote:
August 15, 2011
"Travis Alexander, 30, was found dead in his apartment in June 2008, and while Jodi first confess to police she was with him, though she fled the scene, she told them they were attacked by two masked gunmen. When she could get away, she original told police she did, but ironically she never called 911 to help her friend, Travis.
I have since heard that Jodi Arias has changed her story, and now says that she killed Travis Alexander in self-defense. I don't think she has much of a chance if this is hers story now.
Even more surprising, last week, Jodi Arias declared in front of a court that she wants to act as her own attorney, though she has no more than an 11th grade education. The judge asked her if she had an legal experience, had a law license or even read the statute she is accused of violating and Arias replied "no".
Did the Judge cause Toadi's brain to get scrambled when this question was asked.- or did she assume the right posture.
AN other

Wilkesboro, NC

#498381 Feb 26, 2013
At 5:30 p.m., a photo was taken, and deleted, showing Alexander naked in the shower

Police say a photo time-stamped 5:32 p.m. shows Alexander's dead body on the bathroom floor.
AN other

Wilkesboro, NC

#498382 Feb 26, 2013
"On June 22, 2010, her defense attorneys filed a "notice of defenses" notifying the court that they intend to argue that Arias was a victim of domestic violence and was justified in using deadly force to defend herself against Alexander

At Travis' memorial : Hall says part of what seemed so odd about Arias was the way she was dressed. "It's June and she had a long-sleeve shirt on and it's 100 degrees. She had a long-sleeve shirt on and she had bandages on her hand but her hair was completely different. She went from a blonde to a brunette. So, there were three major changes in her appearance. Now, the blonde to brunette, we're like.'Wow. OK. That's dramatic.' But the long-sleeve shirt I'm just sitting here thinking,'Man, I am doing everything I can to cool down, I could never wear long sleeves.'"

Burns says he still finds it hard to imagine that Arias could have killed Alexander and then come to Utah to hang out with him and his friends the next day. "I don't see how she could have killed somebody and said it was self-defense and come and acted normal with me the whole day. There is obviously something wrong if she is saying a murder actually happened and then she spent an entire day hanging out with us and all of our friends after somebody had just been killed. I mean, whichever story she had gone with, the self-defense, the burglary, the 'I wasn't there.' I mean she's had so many stories now, no matter what it was, the way she acted the only story that would have fit with that, if it was true, was that she was not there. Because the story that she's given now, saying she was defending herself or something horrible happened, I just don't see how she could have acted the way she did."
gloomy days

United States

#498383 Feb 26, 2013
T-REX wrote:
And a Migraine - wonder how she knows it's a Migraine - I mean since she doesn't have Med Ins. is she self diagnosing ??

YAWN !
Remembner when the killer got sick = recess

Fat Boy Fumbles Emergency =

Fat Boy forgot his Files = Recess

Mumbles felt something he never felt before emergency = Recess.

LMAO ! Juan has got them on the run run run.

Level 8

New York

#498384 Feb 26, 2013
Interesting insight.

Some are saying Martinez is jumping around and confusing. Listen carefully. Jodi will not give a YES or NO response. SHE is the one being EVASIVE, really forcing him into ping pong to get an answer. She is dragging the testimony, not him. She is wearing herself down(and the jury), by OVER THINKING his questions to evade a direct(incorrect) response. Hope the jury, sees this. Also, Something about this woman(sex?), initially gets guys. She has a problem keeping them though(obsessive jealousy?).

Level 8

New York

#498385 Feb 26, 2013
another good post...

swore to myself after the "Casey Anthony Trial "
that would never get
interested in another .. Here I am again,
Oh my gosh she is so much like Casey.
Can you imagine how twisted Casey would have
answered her questions
if she had taken the stand?
She would have had even the Judge
needing medication!!
Both of the girls are such seasoned,
unbelievable liars.
I also believe both are murders & this
trial is another waste of time.
However, Thank God we have a
justice system that will give most
of us a chance to prove our crazy, creepy
selves innocent .
We need to be educated at a very early age in
identifying mental illness.
Everyone needs to realize that there are people
that will KILL you for cheating or just rejecting
them..We all must learn to be very careful about the
people we allow to become close to us or our families.
AN other

Wilkesboro, NC

#498386 Feb 26, 2013
T-REX wrote:
Did Travis have lunch today? Did that bullet to the forehead give him a migraine? Wouldn't Travis have been pleased if Jodi had adjourned at 4:30?
Tim Hortons WI-FI

Huntington, IN

#498387 Feb 26, 2013
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
It was her choice to take the stand and she had that choice.
Wrong.

She didn't plead "not guilty" which would have preserved her right against self-incrimination -- which includes not being compelled to take the stand in her own defense.

She is asserting self-defense in affirmation that she killed the person she is charged with killing.

That shifts the burden.

In the absence of other evidence to her self-defense claim -- she MUST take the stand.
She is her ONLY witness.

Even if she chose not to put on domestic violence experts she would still be forced to take the stand.

You can't admit to killing someone in self-defense and just sit there without putting up evidence of self-defense.

It's not allowed.

Level 8

New York

#498388 Feb 26, 2013
gloomy days wrote:
<quoted text>
I think during lunch Quirk N told her to cool it with her games - He wants to get home in time for his Easter Eggg hunt & ham dinner.
Given her way they would still be there Christmas Eve listening to her say " I don't understand - "Errm No Errm Yes"
Or it could be just the fact that they are discussing her suexual promiscuity that has caused her smug complacent camlmness in her attitude.
They sure beat feet out of the courtroom after the last break! That leaves the jury to think about those last text messages she sent to TA about what she would like him to do to her.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#498389 Feb 26, 2013
T-REX wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey can attest to that and tell you she loved every drop,and that he supplied enough protien to last her a life time.
TREX!!!
You're going to give the poster with victorian sensibilites a conniption fit.

Level 8

New York

#498390 Feb 26, 2013
gloomy days wrote:
<quoted text>
And a Migraine - wonder how she knows it's a Migraine - I mean since she doesn't have Med Ins. is she self diagnosing ??
YAWN !
Remembner when the killer got sick = recess
Fat Boy Fumbles Emergency =
Fat Boy forgot his Files = Recess
Mumbles felt something he never felt before emergency = Recess.
LMAO ! Juan has got them on the run run run.
I missed who had the headache?
Tim Hortons WI-FI

Huntington, IN

#498391 Feb 26, 2013
T-REX wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why she needed Valtrex?
Tim Hortons WI-FI

Huntington, IN

#498392 Feb 26, 2013
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost everyone who watched Juan Martinez chase his tail in circles today - but it is Jodi he gave the migraine to.
gloomy days

United States

#498393 Feb 26, 2013
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Toadi Allarse of course - playing all her games this a.m. was very taxing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghostmoron 1,566,460
Get different country documents , Pssports , ID... 9 hr carine 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 19,656
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) 16 hr lnash724 62
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 17 hr Princess Hey 13,374
One Word (Jul '10) 17 hr Princess Hey 2,545
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 17 hr Princess Hey 13,015

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages