CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#492976 Feb 10, 2013
Gloomy Days wrote:
<quoted text>
Marce I disagree - If you pull that trigger then you best aim at the biggest body mass and plan to kill - Some of these perpetrators are so hyped up on drugs it would take more than one shot to stop them.
Good point. Look at that guy who was high on bath salts in Florida not too long ago. He was ripping that homeless man's face off, & people kept trying to pull him off, but they just couldn't budge him.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#492977 Feb 10, 2013
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Shari. I give up.
Haha, I win, you Lewis!

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

#492978 Feb 10, 2013
Gloomy Days wrote:
<quoted text>
Marce I disagree - If you pull that trigger then you best aim at the biggest body mass and plan to kill - Some of these perpetrators are so hyped up on drugs it would take more than one shot to stop them.
My husband always tells me "If you're going to shoot, shoot for the chest and empty the gun into the f*cker", LOL.
AN other

Tucker, GA

#492979 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, I win, you Lewis!
I got
Nothing. It's making me kukla.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#492980 Feb 10, 2013
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
I got
Nothing. It's making me kukla.
You must be frantic by now.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#492981 Feb 10, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>My husband always tells me "If you're going to shoot, shoot for the chest and empty the gun into the f*cker", LOL.
Well, it seems like if I followed my own philosophy of shooting to wound, I'd probably be dead.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#492982 Feb 10, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't want a person like you to have a gun, cause, what with your PTSD, you would forget where it was maybe? Or maybe you would shoot me and not remember? Or maybe you would baby sit for me and lose my kid too?
This vacation sucks so far, it's like all work...Deja vue.
Do you even have a clue what PTSD is, or would you rather just make comments that have no meaning to anyone except yourself?

Judging by your childish/rude/crude comments, I would tend to favor the latter.
Gloomy Days

United States

#492984 Feb 10, 2013
Christopher Dorner was "disturbed" and "twisted," former cop's ex-girlfriend says

ORANGE, Calif. Court documents show an ex-girlfriend of a former Los Angeles police officer suspected of three murders called him "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed" after the two split in 2006.

Documents obtained by The Associated Press on Friday show ex-officer Christopher Dorner unsuccessfully requested a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend after she posted his badge number on a website called Dontdatehimgirl.com .

In the posting, Ariana Williams calls Dorner "twisted" and "super paranoid" and warns other women on the website not to date him.
Gloomy Days

United States

#492986 Feb 10, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>My husband always tells me "If you're going to shoot, shoot for the chest and empty the gun into the f*cker", LOL.
ITA!.. Unless you plan on aiming - & firing with the intent to kill then IMO you are an irresponsible gun owner & not deserving of one. To do anything other than the aforementioned would probably cause death or injury to innocent people.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#492988 Feb 10, 2013
Gloomy Days wrote:
Christopher Dorner was "disturbed" and "twisted," former cop's ex-girlfriend says
ORANGE, Calif. Court documents show an ex-girlfriend of a former Los Angeles police officer suspected of three murders called him "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed" after the two split in 2006.
Documents obtained by The Associated Press on Friday show ex-officer Christopher Dorner unsuccessfully requested a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend after she posted his badge number on a website called Dontdatehimgirl.com .
In the posting, Ariana Williams calls Dorner "twisted" and "super paranoid" and warns other women on the website not to date him.
Is she on his hit list?

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#492992 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it seems like if I followed my own philosophy of shooting to wound, I'd probably be dead.
Nah, just throw the Russian at em and you'll be fine, lol.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#492993 Feb 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
PTSD leaves the sufferer mentally unstable, as you have proven.
Symptoms
Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:
1. "Reliving" the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity
Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again
Repeated upsetting memories of the event
Repeated nightmares of the event
Strong, uncomfortable reactions to situations that remind you of the event
2. Avoidance
Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you don't care about anything
Feeling detached
Being unable to remember important aspects of the trauma
Having a lack of interest in normal activities
Showing less of your moods
Avoiding places, people, or thoughts that remind you of the event
Feeling like you have no future
3. Arousal
Difficulty concentrating
Startling easily
Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you
Feeling more aware (hypervigilance)
Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger
Having trouble falling or staying asleep
You might feel guilt about the event (including "survivor guilt"). You might also have some of the following symptoms, which are typical of anxiety, stress, and tension:
Agitation or excitability
Dizziness
Fainting
Feeling your heart beat in your chest
Headache
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...
Damn...ng is usually so nice to you, what gives?
Gloomy Days

United States

#492994 Feb 10, 2013
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she on his hit list?
Haven't seen the complete list of his 40 potential victims so I don't know. Did find this snippet no further details.. so she may well have been..

Dorner unsuccessfully requested a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend ...

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#492995 Feb 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more like an "Adrian" than an "Ariana".
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/file...
It's okay, she's an impostor.
Gloomy Days

United States

#492996 Feb 10, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
I'm going to lose it any minute! I can't get this 666 off my forehead.
Might I suggest a nice Bella Vita Tat to hide it.?

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#492997 Feb 10, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, just throw the Russian at em and you'll be fine, lol.
Trixie's ex-KGB. I ain't worried.

Level 7

Location hidden

#492998 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to shoot to kill, ngrace. If you think I'd let some crackhead or meth addict attack me or my family & I'd do nothing, then you know nothing about human survival.
I don't know how this conversation has gone in the opposite direction, but it seems it has, Marce.

I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion I'm condoning violence against anyone, let alone a crack-head trying to harm my family.

I don't support the gun advocates by personal choice. That doesn't make me pro-criminal. I rely on my police department protect me in my home....and they have done so even when I didn't want them to, when I misdialed a North Carolina area code and hung up before the call engaged. Within 3 minutes my house was surrounded by 6 officers with guns drawn. I don't live in a high crime area, nor have any history with PD, so I'm assuming everyone receives this same level of protection.

My home is secure as best as I can make it and I do all I can to ensure my safety and that of my loved ones, when outside of it. I know bad things happen to good people all the time, but on a personal level, I choose not to carry weapons.

And the poster who judged that ex-cop guilty without any proof, and boasted of a concealed weapons permit, scares the heck out of me.

Level 7

Location hidden

#492999 Feb 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
In your perfect world private citizens with no criminal record and a clean mental health would not be allowed to arm themselves because of statistics, is that what you're saying?
Statistics aren't the issue. I am saying I don't support private citizens being allowed to carry concealed weapons.

If someone wants to keep a loaded shotgun inside their home for protection against an intruder, that's their business, as long as that weapon can't leave the confines of the home.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#493000 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how this conversation has gone in the opposite direction, but it seems it has, Marce.
I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion I'm condoning violence against anyone, let alone a crack-head trying to harm my family.
I don't support the gun advocates by personal choice. That doesn't make me pro-criminal. I rely on my police department protect me in my home....and they have done so even when I didn't want them to, when I misdialed a North Carolina area code and hung up before the call engaged. Within 3 minutes my house was surrounded by 6 officers with guns drawn. I don't live in a high crime area, nor have any history with PD, so I'm assuming everyone receives this same level of protection.
My home is secure as best as I can make it and I do all I can to ensure my safety and that of my loved ones, when outside of it. I know bad things happen to good people all the time, but on a personal level, I choose not to carry weapons.
And the poster who judged that ex-cop guilty without any proof, and boasted of a concealed weapons permit, scares the heck out of me.
How you got that I think you're condoning violence baffles me. Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

As far as judging Dorner goes, there are witnesses to what happened in all three shootings. He has been in contact with LAPD until a few days ago. He gladly admits to what he's done, so I don't get why you think no one should form the OPINION that Dorner is guilty as hell.

You certainly had no qualms immediately insisting Zimmerman is guilty of murder. So how is this different?

Level 7

Location hidden

#493001 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a certain mentality that loves this kind of thing. Anything to stick it to 'the man'. These are the conspiracy theorists, some of whom are certainly alive & well on this thread.
I'd just like to know how any of these people would feel if it was their daughter who was killed over someone trying to restore his 'good name'. But hey, the end certainly justifies the means, right?
Marce, where's the proof this dude killed them?

No one is saying anyone has the right to kill others......some here are saying he's not guilty until proven guilty.

What possible reason would there be for LE to announce he is the suspect before he is caught, if not to 1- alert the public to potential danger, or, 2- enrage the public to potential danger if he goes down in a hail of bullets, no questions asked?

I think he sounds like a fruit-loop, but maybe he is trying to tell the truth. Just as did that famous NYPD undercover cop, Frank Serpico.

With the populace all geared up to shoot on sight, or to condone murder by cop....should either happen, his voice will be silenced.

I'm trying to look at both sides here. Especially after witnessing the power of the media in the Casey Anthony case.

The truth needs to come out....as intended, in a courtroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,405,628
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Pietro Armando 216
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr El Padre 60,664
News Orlando massacre spurs fear, solidarity among L... 5 hr TerriB1 611
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr zazz 98,131
John E. Aills of Leesburg Bowl 18 hr barTENDER 2
News FDA Signals Relaxing Gay Blood Donation Policy Wed Thats Right 5

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages