CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#492997 Feb 10, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, just throw the Russian at em and you'll be fine, lol.
Trixie's ex-KGB. I ain't worried.

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#492998 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to shoot to kill, ngrace. If you think I'd let some crackhead or meth addict attack me or my family & I'd do nothing, then you know nothing about human survival.
I don't know how this conversation has gone in the opposite direction, but it seems it has, Marce.

I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion I'm condoning violence against anyone, let alone a crack-head trying to harm my family.

I don't support the gun advocates by personal choice. That doesn't make me pro-criminal. I rely on my police department protect me in my home....and they have done so even when I didn't want them to, when I misdialed a North Carolina area code and hung up before the call engaged. Within 3 minutes my house was surrounded by 6 officers with guns drawn. I don't live in a high crime area, nor have any history with PD, so I'm assuming everyone receives this same level of protection.

My home is secure as best as I can make it and I do all I can to ensure my safety and that of my loved ones, when outside of it. I know bad things happen to good people all the time, but on a personal level, I choose not to carry weapons.

And the poster who judged that ex-cop guilty without any proof, and boasted of a concealed weapons permit, scares the heck out of me.

Level 7

Location hidden

#492999 Feb 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
In your perfect world private citizens with no criminal record and a clean mental health would not be allowed to arm themselves because of statistics, is that what you're saying?
Statistics aren't the issue. I am saying I don't support private citizens being allowed to carry concealed weapons.

If someone wants to keep a loaded shotgun inside their home for protection against an intruder, that's their business, as long as that weapon can't leave the confines of the home.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#493000 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how this conversation has gone in the opposite direction, but it seems it has, Marce.
I don't know how you arrive at the conclusion I'm condoning violence against anyone, let alone a crack-head trying to harm my family.
I don't support the gun advocates by personal choice. That doesn't make me pro-criminal. I rely on my police department protect me in my home....and they have done so even when I didn't want them to, when I misdialed a North Carolina area code and hung up before the call engaged. Within 3 minutes my house was surrounded by 6 officers with guns drawn. I don't live in a high crime area, nor have any history with PD, so I'm assuming everyone receives this same level of protection.
My home is secure as best as I can make it and I do all I can to ensure my safety and that of my loved ones, when outside of it. I know bad things happen to good people all the time, but on a personal level, I choose not to carry weapons.
And the poster who judged that ex-cop guilty without any proof, and boasted of a concealed weapons permit, scares the heck out of me.
How you got that I think you're condoning violence baffles me. Perhaps you misunderstood my post.

As far as judging Dorner goes, there are witnesses to what happened in all three shootings. He has been in contact with LAPD until a few days ago. He gladly admits to what he's done, so I don't get why you think no one should form the OPINION that Dorner is guilty as hell.

You certainly had no qualms immediately insisting Zimmerman is guilty of murder. So how is this different?

Level 7

Location hidden

#493001 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a certain mentality that loves this kind of thing. Anything to stick it to 'the man'. These are the conspiracy theorists, some of whom are certainly alive & well on this thread.
I'd just like to know how any of these people would feel if it was their daughter who was killed over someone trying to restore his 'good name'. But hey, the end certainly justifies the means, right?
Marce, where's the proof this dude killed them?

No one is saying anyone has the right to kill others......some here are saying he's not guilty until proven guilty.

What possible reason would there be for LE to announce he is the suspect before he is caught, if not to 1- alert the public to potential danger, or, 2- enrage the public to potential danger if he goes down in a hail of bullets, no questions asked?

I think he sounds like a fruit-loop, but maybe he is trying to tell the truth. Just as did that famous NYPD undercover cop, Frank Serpico.

With the populace all geared up to shoot on sight, or to condone murder by cop....should either happen, his voice will be silenced.

I'm trying to look at both sides here. Especially after witnessing the power of the media in the Casey Anthony case.

The truth needs to come out....as intended, in a courtroom.
FinishLine

United States

#493002 Feb 10, 2013
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess so! Who was convicted? How is it I convicted him or her? What did I convict him or her of? This hypothetical conviction of mine is the same as glorifying a murderer in what way?
PS. Often you have asked for a link to something I have posted. Usually you leave after I post the link and I'm afraid you have missed it. I realize now how far back you go to reply to a post, so I won't worry about it anymore.
I hope you're enjoying sunny weather too.
You are a fcking weirdo, stalker.

I usually pick up where I left off.

I don't respond to your links because they are usually from ignorant blogs.

When you post links from discovery I'll pay attention.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#493003 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
How you got that I think you're condoning violence baffles me. Perhaps you misunderstood my post.
As far as judging Dorner goes, there are witnesses to what happened in all three shootings. He has been in contact with LAPD until a few days ago. He gladly admits to what he's done, so I don't get why you think no one should form the OPINION that Dorner is guilty as hell.
You certainly had no qualms immediately insisting Zimmerman is guilty of murder. So how is this different?
I guess Topix is running slow and this was missed by ngrace?
FinishLine

United States

#493004 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
I have it on good authority that Dorner is gay.
So?

Level 7

Location hidden

#493005 Feb 10, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
PTSD leaves the sufferer mentally unstable, as you have proven.
Symptoms
Symptoms of PTSD fall into three main categories:
1. "Reliving" the event, which disturbs day-to-day activity
Flashback episodes, where the event seems to be happening again and again
Repeated upsetting memories of the event
Repeated nightmares of the event
Strong, uncomfortable reactions to situations that remind you of the event
2. Avoidance
Emotional "numbing," or feeling as though you don't care about anything
Feeling detached
Being unable to remember important aspects of the trauma
Having a lack of interest in normal activities
Showing less of your moods
Avoiding places, people, or thoughts that remind you of the event
Feeling like you have no future
3. Arousal
Difficulty concentrating
Startling easily
Having an exaggerated response to things that startle you
Feeling more aware (hypervigilance)
Feeling irritable or having outbursts of anger
Having trouble falling or staying asleep
You might feel guilt about the event (including "survivor guilt"). You might also have some of the following symptoms, which are typical of anxiety, stress, and tension:
Agitation or excitability
Dizziness
Fainting
Feeling your heart beat in your chest
Headache
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0...
You're being silly. PTSD doesn't mean someone is mentally unstable anymore than it means someone has to suffer from all of the above.

Simply put, PTSD means, certain "triggers" can cause the sufferer to re-experience the same emotions later on, that they did when the traumatic event(s) first occurred, when confronted with potential danger to themselves or a loved one(s).

You can Google all the articles...it won't make you a doctor.
What Say You

Rougemont, NC

#493006 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>

.and they have done so even when I didn't want them to, when I misdialed a North Carolina area code and hung up before the call engaged. Within 3 minutes my house was surrounded by 6 officers with guns drawn. I don't live in a high crime area, nor have any history with PD, so I'm assuming everyone receives this same level of protection.
This is just a little too hard to believe.
I don't think even mis-dialing 911 would not get this response.
A return call from the 911 center, maybe.

If true, your phone must be monitored for some reason.

I would think mine was, if this scenario happened to me...
and I would be pissed.

Level 7

Location hidden

#493007 Feb 10, 2013
Gloomy Days wrote:
Christopher Dorner was "disturbed" and "twisted," former cop's ex-girlfriend says
ORANGE, Calif. Court documents show an ex-girlfriend of a former Los Angeles police officer suspected of three murders called him "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed" after the two split in 2006.
Documents obtained by The Associated Press on Friday show ex-officer Christopher Dorner unsuccessfully requested a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend after she posted his badge number on a website called Dontdatehimgirl.com .
In the posting, Ariana Williams calls Dorner "twisted" and "super paranoid" and warns other women on the website not to date him.
You are kidding by posting this, right?

If this is all it takes to make someone "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed", all the men out there better think twice before breaking off a relationship.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#493008 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Marce, where's the proof this dude killed them?
No one is saying anyone has the right to kill others......some here are saying he's not guilty until proven guilty.
What possible reason would there be for LE to announce he is the suspect before he is caught, if not to 1- alert the public to potential danger, or, 2- enrage the public to potential danger if he goes down in a hail of bullets, no questions asked?
I think he sounds like a fruit-loop, but maybe he is trying to tell the truth. Just as did that famous NYPD undercover cop, Frank Serpico.
With the populace all geared up to shoot on sight, or to condone murder by cop....should either happen, his voice will be silenced.
I'm trying to look at both sides here. Especially after witnessing the power of the media in the Casey Anthony case.
The truth needs to come out....as intended, in a courtroom.
ngrace, if you saw a video of Dorner killing people, you would excuse it away somehow.

Is that how someone should address a grievance, by terrorizing others?

You ignored my question about Zimmerman. How do you know it was not self-defense? You've already decided. You formed your OPINION. Why isn't Zimmerman afforded the same 'innocent until proven guilty' in your book?

Level 7

Location hidden

#493009 Feb 10, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I had it when I was in Ohio? Maybe it was Canada? I can't remember, now i'm in Mexico and you say I don't know what PTSD is!
Yep, that's what I'm saying.

Thanks for confirming it.

“Trixie”

Level 8

the mad russian

#493010 Feb 10, 2013
FinishLine wrote:
<quoted text> So?
You really shouldn't reply to a post when you have no idea what the discussion was.
felon murderer casey

Gary, IN

#493011 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>

You can say all you want about abiding by the law re your permit, but I'll just betcha', if you came upon someone you thought was this "alleged" crazed killer, and you thought your life was in danger, you'd shoot first and ask questions later.
you, just like WEB, don't read with full clarity or comprehension

had you done so, you wouldn't have missed the part of my post which clarified, "unless threatened with bodily harm" - and to further clarify, I am trained to shoot and you can bet your psychotic ass that I WOULD shoot if that "bodily harm" meant anyone within shooting range around me

in other words, that would not be limited to the threat of bodily harm to only myself or other loved ones, but also strangers....in a mall where a crazed gunman is shooting, or in any other public place where a crazed gunman in actively threatening or taking the life of innocent people

wtf do you think "licensed to carry" means, if not for the protection of one's self and others? don't even try to tell me that if you were licensed to carry, you wouldn't do the same, because as much as you try to portray the pollyanna-do-gooder on this thread, when your loved one or another innocent is being threatened you WILL react

that is of course, unless your heart is made of the same mineral your head is made from - rock
felon murderer casey

Gary, IN

#493012 Feb 10, 2013
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
ngrace, I do not own a gun & never have. But if I did have a gun, & I felt my life was in danger -- by anyone -- you can be damned sure I would shoot first and ask questions later.
You have obviously never been the victim of violence.
simple, logical, yet very well stated marce
felon murderer casey

Gary, IN

#493014 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>

I understand why people want the right to bear arms, for the most part.....but I don't agree with it.
as marce so eloquently stated,(my re-phrasing here, not marce's), you have your head stuck up your ass past your tonsils because you've never been subject to threat, nor witnessed it up-close-and-personal

you're fulla shit if you think for one moment that if confronted by a gunman while shopping in a mall, you wouldn't give your eye teeth for a gun

you would also USE that gun to defend yourself and your loved ones, period

I notice too, how you vehemently defend the constitution and all it entails,.....ONLY when it benefits the perpetrator, but not the innocent victims of that perp

do you wish to live in a police state, where only the government is armed and dictates your way of life? you've apparently not visited abroad, ever, or familiarized yourself with governmental dictatorship

check your morals, and that includes your sense of self and conscience, because ONE of "you" isn't being completely honest and clear-minded with the rest of your "selves"
FinishLine

United States

#493015 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God you are governed by laws!
This paragraph speaks for its self:
"I'm also not legally allowed to go out searching for a terrorist who has already murdered people in cold blood for his own agenda, although those he murdered had not a thing to do with his agenda"
You've already appointed yourself Judge and Jury.......pretty scary thought considering you're also licensed to carry.
George Zimmerman subscribed to your line of thinking, appa
rently.
jmo
With your opinion of George Zimmerman it appears you are picking and choosing which cases warrant a trial in a court of law and which you deem yourself to be appointed judge and jury.

Level 7

Location hidden

#493017 Feb 10, 2013
What Say You wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a little too hard to believe.
I don't think even mis-dialing 911 would not get this response.
A return call from the 911 center, maybe.
If true, your phone must be monitored for some reason.
I would think mine was, if this scenario happened to me...
and I would be pissed.
They did call within seconds. I assured them all was well. They arrived within 3 minutes, regardless, 6 officers with guns drawn.

I was pissed, until I realized that their response time was superb.

The responding officers laughed when I told them I was calling NC and misdialed the area code(919). They said some 911 operators are "over-zealous".

That's putting it mildly.

But it's good to know they are there, if and when someone in this area actually does need them.
felon murderer casey

Gary, IN

#493018 Feb 10, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>

But the potential for other acts, accidental or by design, goes way up when private citizens arm themselves.
let me introduce you to a word that is foreign to you - "responsibility"

the concept of responsibility isn't familiar to you, based on the fact that you continually and selectively reserve "responsibility" to those you love to critique to the nth degree......LE, george anthony, your infamous title of "haters" that you dole out like candy to anyone who disagrees with you, etc....

when you CHOOSE to own a pet, you take full responsibility for that pet

little do you or felon murderer casey anthony realize this, but when you CHOOSE to procreate, you take full responsibility for that child

when you CHOOSE to be licensed to carry concealed, you take the full responsibility to not only be adequately trained to shoot, but the safety of that gun away from others who are ill-equipped to handle it, as well as the intelligence to know when to use it and when to keep it concealed

you're spewing mindless bullshit, period, and by your standards of verbalizing an all-inclusive belief that carrying concealed is automatically dangerous is ludicrous, at best

you'd be the biggest pussyass at the mall, hiding behind a bench blathering and begging for protection should you be confronted with a crazed shooter, hoping that anyone, just a-n-y-o-n-e at that mall would put a stop to the mass killings

and you know what? I wouldn't bother to ask you if you condoned what I was doing as I took that killer down to protect your dumbass, that's what I'm trained to do,- protect the innocent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Joy 1,761,365
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Murph 74,161
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 11 hr Ginger Rosie 13,220
News Leader of Orlando-area motorcycle club assaulte... (Nov '07) 12 hr Conway Twitter 772
News Unemployment benefits in Florida: Questions and... (Feb '09) 13 hr Shavon808 451
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 23 hr lisa 25,659
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Tue lisa 98,732

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages