New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>It's a snow day here, all the schools are closed.
It cracks me up...when I was a kid they never closed the schools. Now they do it every chance they get, wimps, lol.
Isn't that the truth! We walked through drifts to get there! I raised my kids in NY then the south where they close the schools for a dusting of snow. When we moved back here they were in for a rude awakening...LOL. I told them, you're in NY, grab your shovel!

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>It's a snow day here, all the schools are closed.
It cracks me up...when I was a kid they never closed the schools. Now they do it every chance they get, wimps, lol.
We always had snow days in Chicago, but that was only for heavy storms. I lived for those snow days. My mother, not so much.

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet your parents didn't threaten to sue the school board for endangering your safety either. They probably let you sled ride or ride your bike without a helmet too! My parents even let us play lawn darts and hit us with wooden spoons.
It is astounding that any of us survived childhood. Dear God, we even walked to school/home! If that's not child endangerment, I don't know what it.
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
We always had snow days in Chicago, but that was only for heavy storms. I lived for those snow days. My mother, not so much.
I'm one of 6 kids. I think it was on those snow days that my parents went to the store to buy those lawn darts.

I remember that our clothes were either cotton or wool and we got soaked and had to get dry clothes and go back out, then come back in to get dry all day long.
Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Toronto Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
It is astounding that any of us survived childhood. Dear God, we even walked to school/home! If that's not child endangerment, I don't know what it.
I don't know how we would have survived if we couldn't take pb sannies to school if we did have to take lunch. It's all we ate. Now you can't take a peanut within a mile of a school!
Gloomy Days

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the truth! We walked through drifts to get there! I raised my kids in NY then the south where they close the schools for a dusting of snow. When we moved back here they were in for a rude awakening...LOL. I told them, you're in NY, grab your shovel!
You can keep the snow Mary -tho it is beautiful - I like rain and beautiful rain clouds.

Wednesday I was in shorts & tank tops now I am back to sweats & socks. Big black clouds forming and a cold wind.

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet your parents didn't threaten to sue the school board for endangering your safety either. They probably let you sled ride or ride your bike without a helmet too! My parents even let us play lawn darts and hit us with wooden spoons.
OMG LMAO, my sister aimed a lawn dart at my foot and hit the target! She got her ass beat for it, lol.

I had to LOL @ all the talking heads rolling their eyeballs when talking about the beatings with the wooden spoon Arias was given.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, I always tell my kids about having to walk to school up hill in the snow without any shoes on, lol.

I walked a mile and half to school everyday. It sucked!
Gloomy Days

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
And without a brolly ! Tho we did have welly - gogs.
Our parents should worship us for not suing them,

Level 4

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
We loved snow day's. We lived next door to a patch of woods that had a little hill we would sled on all day.
Gloomy Days

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one of 6 kids. I think it was on those snow days that my parents went to the store to buy those lawn darts.
I remember that our clothes were either cotton or wool and we got soaked and had to get dry clothes and go back out, then come back in to get dry all day long.
Oh & the smell of wet wool is one not quickly forgotten.

And sliding on ice - without seat belts or helmets.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
We have six too. Where are you in the line? I'm second from the youngest.

We played in the snow until our hands and feet were beet red, lol.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Gloomy Days wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep the snow Mary -tho it is beautiful - I like rain and beautiful rain clouds.
Wednesday I was in shorts & tank tops now I am back to sweats & socks. Big black clouds forming and a cold wind.
You brat!!! I sleep with nature sounds, I play a snow storm, love it.
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>OMG LMAO, my sister aimed a lawn dart at my foot and hit the target! She got her ass beat for it, lol.
I had to LOL @ all the talking heads rolling their eyeballs when talking about the beatings with the wooden spoon Arias was given.
Re: Jodi
I'm pretty sure that I can get away with murder too. I think I can fail the PTSD evaluation and claim that I've been traumatized enough to kill. My parents did not support my career choice and they hit me.

I cut my finger with a "stick blender". I had to get stitches. The nurse asked, "On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your pain?". I said, "4". My husband said, "It doesn't hurt that much". I think that I could've killed him then and been acquitted. I was traumatized by his response.
Gloomy Days

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Noon update on KABC Los angeles re. Crazed cop killer.

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
So true marce, we never locked our doors in the small town I grew up in. The weapon we had was my father. We would play outside all day long and could hear our parents call us in one by one. Oh the good ole days.

Level 3

Since: Sep 12

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>We loved snow day's. We lived next door to a patch of woods that had a little hill we would sled on all day.
My boyfriend talked me into naked snow angels once.

Level 8

New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>We have six too. Where are you in the line? I'm second from the youngest.
Hey SL did you ever run out in the snow with bare feet on a dare of a sibling? I did! Four in our family. I'm the second oldest.
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>We have six too. Where are you in the line? I'm second from the youngest.
I'm number 3. Third daughter before the first son! Number 5 is my best friend. I don't think you were on here when we discovered how many Catholics are posting. You?

“Picasso”

Level 7

Since: Feb 10

Calla Lilies

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
You brat!!! I sleep with nature sounds, I play a snow storm, love it.
OMG Mary, watch this..........fcking hilarious!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,095,489
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min litesong 46,225
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 1 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,773
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr Murph 70,428
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 4 hr Liberal forever 2,453
The alphabet (Jun '06) 6 hr Doug77 1,035
glass vinyl room addition 6 hr Jim Tracy 1

Search the Orlando Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE