CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...
FLst406_12

Huntington, IN

#488166 Jan 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
And why was ABC not required to withhold any tax before making a $200,000 payment in 2008?
Because they're not the employer.
FLst406_12

Huntington, IN

#488167 Jan 28, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>That's not the way it works, lol. The money was distributed to Casey...she owes tax for it...once she handed it over to Jose', he owes tax on it.
Do you have a copy of the check?

The tax liability would fall on the person whose name is on it, and who cashed the check.

So let's see it.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488168 Jan 28, 2013
WAS sanka wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered because when it came out that it was done it was SO EARLY in the case it was more circumstantial evidence that proved Casey killed Caylee.
You don't sell pictures of a missing child, you give them away in hopes someone will see her.
Where's the proof Casey owed money to the IRS from $200,000 paid to Jose Baez in 2008?

If Jose Baez was acting as Casey's agent at the time and he was negligent in that financial transaction, I'm sure you realize Casey had the right to sue him because obviously she had no means to pay the tax while she was in jail.

Now on those UNsigned bankruptcy docs she allegedly discloses another $500,000 debt toward Jose Baez is rightfully owed,, while he's already put her in a mess or trouble with the IRS to begin with and you're still a believer.

How far down at rabbit hole must one go to pretend this is reality? Too far for me! LOL
FLst406_12

Huntington, IN

#488169 Jan 28, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>Go ahead!!! LMAO it's been there for 3 yrs, LMAO
Further proof that I am not a free speech hating/ anti-free speech ghoul, like you warriortards.
:)
southerngirl

Newark, OH

#488170 Jan 28, 2013
WAS sanka wrote:
<quoted text>
SERIOUSLY!!
A truthful book on the WHOLE famn damily would make milllions in cash and skin crawling.
I was going to post the same thing!! Thing is, how would we know THAT isn't a scam too? It would have to be VERY provable stuff.
FLst406_12

Huntington, IN

#488171 Jan 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were "burned out" from the past, then don't dwell on it in the present.
LMFAO!

We would hate to see him slip out of his miracle remission and go back to death's door.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488172 Jan 28, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The tax liability would fall on the person whose name is on it, and who cashed the check.
So let's see it.
The legal onus to pay appropriate tax is on the parties who conducted the transaction which obviously clears Casey.

Let's see the proof she ever owed the IRS anything!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488173 Jan 28, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they're not the employer.
I never said they were, and I do not know USA tax laws.

But I am aware of one example where "they are not my employer" where tax is required to be withheld upfront and the example is gambling winnings.
southerngirl

Newark, OH

#488174 Jan 28, 2013
chuckycheez_68 wrote:
<quoted text>I apologize about the assertion....I do however, would argue she had to sign something for the check to be cashed....so I say she's on the hook. If she was not it would of not been in her Bankruptcy Petition.
Um, perhaps you meant to post this to KC's cheerleader from OHIO?

(you responded to a response I posted to dayz)
FLst406_12

Huntington, IN

#488175 Jan 28, 2013
WAS sanka wrote:
http://www.people.com/people/a rticle/0,,20668533,00.html
Anthony one of the most reviled criminal defendants in recent memory has been living in a condo in Cape Canaveral, Fla., since late last year. In addition to regular contact with her mother, she has also reconciled with her father, George, who she previously accused of molesting her.(The condo was actually leased by George Anthony for his daughter to live in. The family attorney, Mark Lippman, had no comment.)
Sounds like Casey, Cindy, George, Ashton & Lippman had something up their sleeves.

GASP!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488176 Jan 28, 2013
A tax lien was filed against Casey Anthony on May 17.
May 26, 2011|By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel

The IRS filed a federal tax lien against Casey Anthony earlier this month, claiming she owes over $68,000 in back taxes.

The lien was filed on May 17 in Osceola County and lists her address at 522 Simpson Road, her attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office.

The document states the assessment was performed on Nov. 1 and she owes an unpaid balance of $68,520.41.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee Marie Anthony. The defense claims the child accidentally drowned on June 16, 2008.

There is no evidence Casey Anthony held a job in 2008. She was in and out of jail between July and October. She has been held at the Orange County Jail since she was indicted on first-degree murder in October 2008.

That year attorney Jose Baez struck a deal with ABC to sell Anthony family home videos and photos for $200,000. It's unclear who ABC paid, but the money was reportedly used to pay defense costs.

If ABC paid Casey Anthony directly, she could owe taxes on that payment.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-2...

Interesting address and the use of the word "lien" once again.

The report concludes with speculation that instead has become reality "IF ABC paid Casey Anthony directly......."

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

#488177 Jan 28, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's see it.
LOL you're so funny. You saw the tax debt on the bankruptcy papers, pretty much tells the story.

Oh, wait...those papers are a forgery :)
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488178 Jan 28, 2013
"The lien was filed on May 17 in Osceola County and lists her address at 522 Simpson Road, her attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office."

Why would the IRS connect an attorney's office with "the lien" which filed on an individual?

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#488179 Jan 28, 2013
FLst406_12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Further proof that I am not a free speech hating/ anti-free speech ghoul, like you warriortards.
:)
I'm hardly a warriortard, I pretty much just visit the e-zoo when I'm here, lol.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488182 Jan 28, 2013
Oh, I see.

522 Simpson Road is Jose Baez's Law Office.

Anyone got a link to "the lien"?

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#488183 Jan 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
"The lien was filed on May 17 in Osceola County and lists her address at 522 Simpson Road, her attorney Jose Baez's Kissimmee office."
Why would the IRS connect an attorney's office with "the lien" which filed on an individual?
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
He most likely had Power of Attorney.

I'm POA for some of my clients and I get a copy of everything that's sent to my clients from the IRS.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#488186 Jan 28, 2013
chuckycheez_68 wrote:
<quoted text>I just needed a break, and I took it.
I took a break for awhile too.
FLst406_12

Huntington, IN

#488187 Jan 28, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they were, and I do not know USA tax laws.
But I am aware of one example where "they are not my employer" where tax is required to be withheld upfront and the example is gambling winnings.
ABC made a $200k purchase.

When you purchase something, do you withhold the amount of the seller's tax burden?

What do you tell the seller as to why you are not giving them their full due? This ought to be good.

And no, not all gambling winnings in the US are taxed up front.
In most instances, you can opt to have them withheld up front - or you can take the full payout and file the tax yourself.

Sometimes your gaming losses will offset the tax burden on your gaming winnings - so you could pay less by deferring the tax until you file your taxes.

If it's late in the year and you hit a big one, you're better off to do the up front tax withholding.

It all depends on the circumstances.
Ask for a win/loss statement to see which option is best for you.
southerngirl

Newark, OH

#488189 Jan 28, 2013
WAS sanka wrote:
<quoted text>
I remembered because when it came out that it was done it was SO EARLY in the case it was more circumstantial evidence that proved Casey killed Caylee.
You don't sell pictures of a missing child, you give them away in hopes someone will see her.
I wonder if there'll ever be a brilliant investigative journalist to thoroughly probe this case and possibly expose the biggest scam in the history of jurisprudence?

Hmm.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#488190 Jan 28, 2013
"A tax lien is a lien imposed by law upon a property to secure the payment of taxes. A tax lien may be imposed for delinquent taxes owed on real property or personal property, or as a result of failure to pay income taxes or other taxes."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_lien

"Liens" are filed against real or personal porperty.

In this case the "real or personal property" was the photos, which would have continued to generate future copyright income, allegedly owned by abc.

Casey Anthony is not "real or personal property" so I continue to question the appropriateness of the word "lien".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,617,598
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr lisa 98,544
News Orange County Schools employee indicted on firs... (Mar '09) 3 hr CAL 112
Coke for tourist 16 hr jimi-yank 3
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Mon Wiley_Kyote 73,851
Websleuths admin is convicted habitual sex offe... (Apr '09) Sun I see u 304
Under the table (Apr '17) Oct 14 --IslandGurL-- 2

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages