CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Comments (Page 22,682)

Showing posts 453,621 - 453,640 of478,299
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
I meant we should all hurry up to relax. Life is too short to waste on negative energy. I see Casey Anthony as =equal to -negative energy- leaving her useless in a World that "Strives" on Positive energy!:)
I agree with you on that. Only a black heart could bear spending days, weeks, months and years tap, tap, tapping filth, hate, spite and malice toward a person who is becoming less convicted with each pass day. You thought it was going to be 7/7, but she was acquitted of murder leaving 4/7. Now it's down to 2/7....that should be a good indication of the direction you're following.

All these fabricated scenarios and nitpicking over stupid details that don't matter dick-all are not going to change anything -- it just makes it all the more obvious that Casey Anthony was targeted.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

* PASSING day
Neffie Lim

Simpsonville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

I love some Judge Joe Brown!! He makes sense.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, Mason makes my flesh crawl.
To borrow your favorite phrase: <toilet shivers>
Funny, that's my feeling of Mark O'Mara.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't folks talking to you here Days? Have you lost your mind?
I'm not interested in most of your discussions so I'm just minding my own business.

:-)

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Since there seem to be many here who don't know the basics of the US legal system, please be advised that every court has a state supreme court.

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

-Web wrote:
No one is going to report any of these posts as offensive?
my o my
DUH! In order for the the reports to be considered offensive - It would require your LM to put down her ham hocks,PM the other BANshees then in unison hit the Abuse button and submit comments..

OT! I do have to admire the home schooling of your LM whereby she taught you how to spell correctly.

PSST! Be careful tho.There was a time when Days hi-jacked your sign in and posted as ng.Web & chatterbox.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
I'm revising my earlier conclusion -and I notice I got when Casey said what backward.
The Court of Appeals determined Casey was interviewed TWICE, because they did not uphold (or misstated) the defense argument that she was in constant police presence the entire time:
5dca Opinion
"In light of the significant temporal break between Appellant’s two interviews with Detective Melich, we determine that each interview in which false information was given (or repeated) constituted a separate criminal episode"
All the false statement of all four Counts were made at the Anthony residence, and only Count 5 and 7 at Universal Studios. Those are the two separate occasions:
5dca Opinion
"All four of the false statements were made by Appellant in her interview with Detective Melich at the Anthony residence. Two of the false statements (Counts 5 and 7), were repeated to Detective Melich in the later interview at Universal Studios."
For some reason I notice the media is running with the two counts being tossed because they violate the Double Jeoprady rule, which is not supported by what is written in the appeal opinion:
5dca Opinion
"Appellant next argues that double jeopardy principles preclude her from being convicted for more than a single violation of section 837.055, because her various false statements to law enforcement officers constituted a single offense. The State takes the position that each of Appellant’s false statements constituted a separate offense and, therefore, no double jeopardy violation occurred. We reject both parties’ arguments and conclude that under the facts of this case, Appellant can properly be convicted of two counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer during a missing person investigation.3"
But then the opinion goes on to state the appeal court must rule in favour of defendant when it rejects BOTH arguments:
5dca Opinion
"Furthermore, in attempting to interpret whether the Legislature intended to authorize separate punishments for each false statement given during an interview with a law enforcement officer conducting a missing person investigation, we are also bound by the rule of construction that any ambiguity must be resolved in favor of the defendant."
So the court favouring the defense is the reason Counts 5 and 7 were tossed, since the same statement was made again by Casey during the later separate interview at Universal Studios without her being advised of Miranda Rights -- which we all heard was Lizbeth Fryer's argument during the oral session.
Anyone what to discuss this yet?
http://www.5dca.org/Clerk/Anthony%2011-2357/1...
Further to the above, what some of the media is reporting is not totally accurate and I think that's what is confusing people.

"A Florida appellate court Friday set aside two charges of lying to detectives, agreeing with Anthony's attorneys that two of the charges constituted double jeopardy, being convicted/punished twice for the same crime."
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...
Days 1

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
Jane, HLN - "the chilling parallels between Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias".
<click off>
That's enough draammmmmaaaa for me in one day.
Is it because you're worried that Jodi might take Caseys place as the most hated woman in the nation ? It will never happen. Casey's ratings just went up again today. She still holds the title.
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Topix isn't a big enough arena to air my laundry! How are you?
Take me with you...it's cold here!
Diane is that you?

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Same Location wrote:
<quoted text> I gave my Barbie's haircuts right away, lol.
AAW! How sweet - I have no doubt whatsoever that she looks sooo much nicer than the Knuckle Dragging Child Killer lovers who post on here disregarding the fact that Electrolysis would remove remove their overblown Fu Manhcu Muzzie.

“Silence Is Golden”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

gloomy days wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH! In order for the the reports to be considered offensive - It would require your LM to put down her ham hocks,PM the other BANshees then in unison hit the Abuse button and submit comments..
OT! I do have to admire the home schooling of your LM whereby she taught you how to spell correctly.
PSST! Be careful tho.There was a time when Days hi-jacked your sign in and posted as ng.Web & chatterbox.
Lm? homeschooling? people signing in on my acct?
wth

I come on to discuss the case and I have to scroll by your posts mostly about hamhocks and plastic chairs...lol

You need help bad.
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it Puerto Vallarta & I'll meet you there. Such a gorgeous place.
I would recognize you right away!:)

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
I would recognize you right away!:)
You'll know me by my unimaginable beauty.
;)
Brad

Summerland Key, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

WhiteTrashBloger wrote:
<quoted text>
I love SL 2 <3, are we in competition here?
Yeah sure, I win!:)
Days 1

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Lm? homeschooling? people signing in on my acct?
wth
I come on to discuss the case and I have to scroll by your posts mostly about hamhocks and plastic chairs...lol
You need help bad.
Why does it make you miss your Mom DW?

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a bigger arena Babe! I'm fine thanks and you sound chipper! Call and book a flight to the Bahamas on Sunday afternoon. I will PM you the location.
I wish! Back to work I go...I'll check out flight for May, lol.
T-REX

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

WhiteTrashBloger wrote:
<quoted text>
CASEY ANTHONY IS A MURDERER! Happy now!
I will go a little further:;

Casey Anthony is a cold calculating heartless murder,and her family are accomplices
T-REX

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Is the murdering By*ch and her accomplices dead yet.

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

WhiteTrashBloger wrote:
<quoted text>
I love SL 2 <3, are we in competition here?
*blushing*:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 453,621 - 453,640 of478,299
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,034,295
Sarah Palin's father and brother pen book about... (Oct '12) 4 min TBK 8
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 14 min Maggie McGee 70,220
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 24 min EyeOfTheNewt 95,844
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 35 min Spooky Mulder 17,339
FL 'Hiccup girl' charged with murder in Florida (Oct '10) 35 min Hung n horny 1,839
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 43,018
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search