CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

Level 1

Since: Feb 07

Orlando, Florida

#487214 Jan 26, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
In that scenario, how do you suppose the public would react, if he dropped the charges?
Many would not be happy (but then again, he has four years before he has to be re-elected)....more importantly, how would the public react if he did re-prosecute and LOST the case? Further, it's a harder case to re-prosecute, because they can NOT infer that Casey was a murderer or a bad mom (child endangerment etc). Would suck to be Ashston, if the courts put him in that position.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487216 Jan 26, 2013
ppk007 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - the whole Gonzalez suit is about money - it would NOT at all surprise me if Gonzalez and her attorneys settles out for a percentage of Casey's book and movie rights (undisclosed settlement agreement)- if Casey is forced to testify for the Gonzalez suit - many of the details will come out, thus damaging the financial viability of any book and movie deal - therefore, the money says, that Gonzalez and Casey will come to a undisclosed financial settlement - the book and movie deal will happen and both Gonzalez and Casey (and their attorneys) will clean up - leaving many on this forum scratching their asses and heads wondering what hit them... ROTFLOLing...
I agree that probably many people would like to see an end to the civil suit, but get real...the tossing of Count 5 has made Casey's defense all that much stronger. Over four years already invested into it - nope, I can't see any reason why they'd settle now.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487219 Jan 26, 2013
ppk007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Many would not be happy (but then again, he has four years before he has to be re-elected)....more importantly, how would the public react if he did re-prosecute and LOST the case? Further, it's a harder case to re-prosecute, because they can NOT infer that Casey was a murderer or a bad mom (child endangerment etc). Would suck to be Ashston, if the courts put him in that position.
The interesting question would be why would the State LOSE it, pure speculation but if the remaining two charges were rolled into one charge of providing false information. I get the strong sense from this thread that people would be OUTRAGED if the State chose to not pursue it.

Count 4: Appellant was employed at Universal Studios Orlando during the year 2008;

Count 6: Appellant informed persons identified as Jeffrey Michael Hopkins and Juliette Lewis, former Universal Studios Orlando employees, of the disappearance of the child, Caylee Marie Anthony, between June 9, 2008 and July 16, 2008;
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487220 Jan 26, 2013
chuckycheez_68 wrote:
<quoted text>Besides, does Zenaida want her name dragged through the mud more than already occured? A trial likely would do just that. The media reporting, and reporters investigating then reporting on any dirt they dig up. This is better than As The World Turns.
Uhhhhh the reason Zenaida is suing is because her name was already drug through the mud.

Level 1

Orlando, Florida

#487221 Jan 26, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that probably many people would like to see an end to the civil suit, but get real...the tossing of Count 5 has made Casey's defense all that much stronger. Over four years already invested into it - nope, I can't see any reason why they'd settle now.
Money = "the reason" - if the Gonzalez civil case moves forward - Casey must testify - Casey does not wish to answer those questions for FREE, she and her attorneys want to get paid (book and movie deals) to answer those questions...so lets say Casey moves forward and wins her civil case, how much money do you believe Gonzalez has to pay any civil judgement that Casey secures against her????? My bet is ZERO dollars .... Casey and her attorneys will, in my opinion, approach Gonzalez with a undisclosed financial settlement in order to avoid testifying --- Gonzalez attorneys know deep down inside that their case is weak - they will most probably accept the financial settlement (undisclosed) and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. It's pay day for ALL involved !!! A WIN WIN situation (except for Caylee).
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487224 Jan 26, 2013
Hmmmm, this story is from Adam Longo, Pheonix. Notice who the infamous Casey spoke on the phone with isn't even mentioned. So what, he just called her up?
Casey Anthony declares bankruptcy; talks exclusively to CBS 5

Casey Anthony, the young Florida mother acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, filed for bankruptcy protection late Friday night in Florida.

This move brings all of Anthony's civil cases currently under way in Florida state court to a complete halt.

"This is the next step towards closure for me," said Anthony in a phone conversation Friday evening.
Anthony is listed as a defendant in three civil suits in Orange County, FL. The most notable of those being the suit brought by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. Gonzalez claims Anthony defamed her when Anthony told Orange County Sheriff's Deputies in July 2008 that a fictitious nanny named "Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez" kidnapped her daughter Caylee.
More
http://www.kpho.com/story/20714160/casey-anth...

Level 1

Orlando, Florida

#487225 Jan 26, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The interesting question would be why would the State LOSE it, pure speculation but if the remaining two charges were rolled into one charge of providing false information. I get the strong sense from this thread that people would be OUTRAGED if the State chose to not pursue it.
Count 4: Appellant was employed at Universal Studios Orlando during the year 2008;
Count 6: Appellant informed persons identified as Jeffrey Michael Hopkins and Juliette Lewis, former Universal Studios Orlando employees, of the disappearance of the child, Caylee Marie Anthony, between June 9, 2008 and July 16, 2008;
LOL - really - so, apparently is it your opinion that Casey did not murder Caylee, and therefore she should have not been found guilty - that some how justice prevailed .... I'll bet not,..... in truth you probably have little faith in the Florida justice system....also, should the State refile - the charges are misdemeanors, the facts are known, so therefore no additional investigative time is necessary -- unless waived by Casey, the State of Florida has a 90 day window from the filing of the charges to bring her to trial (speedy trial)- GOOD LUCK with that !!!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487226 Jan 26, 2013
chuckycheez_68 wrote:
<quoted text>You just might be onto something here. Zenaida sees a book and movie. What if Zenaida was also offered a Cameo part in the movie for a payment of ....?
"Greene says not to expect any surprises.
"There are no contracts, no movie or book deals," says Greene."

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#487227 Jan 26, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhhh the reason Zenaida is suing is because her name was already drug through the mud.
And she made so, so, so many appearances..
with The Morgan's..

Has she's been competing with Cindy...?

Just sayin..
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487228 Jan 26, 2013
"The bankruptcy documents list nearly 100 names and organizations that could potentially pursue claims against Anthony. Many of the names included are the defense experts who testified on her behalf during her murder trial."

I don't quite understand this - Casey is not liable since the court approved her indigent status, and the court long ago approved the payment. Perhaps it refers to expert witnesses who didn't testify and were hired earlier.

Level 6

Location hidden

#487229 Jan 26, 2013
Day 1 wrote:
<quoted text> The way I see it, had Casey been found guilty like she should have been, this would be of some importance towards an appeal! It hasn't changed a thing. She's still a lying baby killer who will have to stay in hiding the rest of her miserable life.
Ya! Ya! Little Snake...

But the FACT is that Casey was found NOT GUILTY!!!! Dah!

Get over it...You stuck in the past?

“Trixie”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#487230 Jan 26, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, did your Polish friend, Daisy the felon, self-proclaimed-expert at making up shyt get her feathers ruffled and go crying to MarsMon from the planet of the apes?
Hee-haw, hee-haw.

Level 6

Location hidden

#487231 Jan 26, 2013
ppk007 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - really - so, apparently is it your opinion that Casey did not murder Caylee, and therefore she should have not been found guilty - that some how justice prevailed .... I'll bet not,..... in truth you probably have little faith in the Florida justice system....also, should the State refile - the charges are misdemeanors, the facts are known, so therefore no additional investigative time is necessary -- unless waived by Casey, the State of Florida has a 90 day window from the filing of the charges to bring her to trial (speedy trial)- GOOD LUCK with that !!!!!
Speedy trial with the Laughing Guy and Bird Flipper..?

Do you work for Nasty Nancy?

I Believe in the Federal Justice system....
I Distrust the Florida Justice system...

In the Sunshine State, Justice is just ice melting away with a
Political Hand Shake$!

See: The Burstein Case Movement:
Disbar the Florida Bar...Stop Corruption in Florida Courts..

The feds have been on this one for years...!!!!!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487232 Jan 26, 2013
ppk007 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't saying anything from my point of view.

But since you're assuming I will say I think it will may come to pass, Counts 4 and 6 do make a nice tidy package.

As far as Casey being found not guilty, no it had nothing to do with me not wanting her found guilty at all. My opinion was I thought it sort of suspicious because I observed the freakshow happening including trial by media and internet happening which was incredibly slanderous and biased compared to what was released in discovery docs and isn't one of your legal principles that defendants be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?
Neffie Lim

Jacksonville, FL

#487233 Jan 26, 2013
chuckycheez_68 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this, and you know this. I was making a point about our congress passing and enacting what is known here as the 'Bush tax cuts'(fiscal cliff legislation) keeping all of them cuts but for those making the figure of 400,000 or more a year the definition of rich in America.
If you gross, or net 401k you pay 39.6%. How in the hell is that in anyone estimation the definition of rich??!! Well, I could see if someone called Donald Trump, Jay-Z, or President Obama rich for that matter. However, the threshold of 401K or more as being rich regardless is not rich. 400k net may be well off, but not rich.
As I said, someone makes 401k a year, has a federal tax liability of 39.6%. Then when you add State, local, and yes real-estate tax to that (not including other taxes imposed) the tax liability likely exceeds 50% before one spends dollar one on a candy bar or anything else for that matter.
Sure, I understand someone has to pay a reasonable tax to the government for government to provide services like police and the other things they provide, but when you are talking likely 50% or more in total tax liability, that is clearly excessive. If the government cant make it on say a 25% maximum tax, they should be looking closely as to where they are spending too much and cut where it is needed so we dont be like a France where they want to impose a 75% tax liability on the rich there.
Finally, even if the government here imposed a 100% tax liability on the rich, the government would still be seeing red as far as the telescope can see.
Totally agree!! Dang, I agree with you on something. If it weren't for "rich" people our country would have tanked many moons ago. The same people who aren't "rich" now would complain if they were to become (work their a$$ off, sacrifice, & contribute $$ to our economy) rich!! You can bet that!!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487234 Jan 26, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
"Greene says not to expect any surprises.
"There are no contracts, no movie or book deals," says Greene."
Daisy, where are youuuuu?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487235 Jan 26, 2013
Ultimately, that means a bankruptcy judge could be the person who decides the merits of the civil cases against Anthony.

"Casey hoped the (Zenaida Gonzalez) civil case would be over in January. This has been an ongoing battle for close to five years," said Greene. "Emotionally and physically, she can't go on for another year. She needs a clean slate from a financial perspective."

Anthony tells CBS 5 that although she values the close relationship she has with her attorneys, she does not like to be "joined at the hip" with them. She described her legal advisors to be "like family" to her.

"She (Casey) feels it's unfair for this process to drag on. We were ready to go to trial on Jan. 2, and there's no new trial date. She wanted be vindicated in the civil (Gonzalez) case," said Greene.

I'm a little sceptical of this report, but it makes for a good story. LOL
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487236 Jan 26, 2013
Additionally, according to the bankruptcy documents filed, the possible financial claims against Anthony include:

$500,000 – Attorney Jose Baez

$60,505 – Florida Department of Law Enforcement

$68,540 – Internal Revenue Service

$10,283 – Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation

$145,660 – Orange County Sheriff's Office

Anthony's total assets, according to the 60-page filing are listed at less than $1,100 and her liabilities total more than $792,119.

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

#487237 Jan 26, 2013
-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down Nelly unless your head has been under a rock for four years then you have heard DW's name mentioned almost daily on this thread and others.
As matter of fact there was a poster last night posting about her family, so I find it odd that you would discuss her with the very posters who have harassed the poor woman. Signorbella/RememberCaylee.... ......and Maddy/GloomyDays
Oh and by the way, I could not care less who you are so gfy and have a wonderful day.
What's your point, Twitness? Nutter say's she's not the DW person to begin with.

I took my stand a long time ago about certain issues on here. I don't need to reiterate them every time someone posts something that I think shouldn't be posted.

Hell, if I did, all of my time would spent pointing out your stupidness, lol.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#487238 Jan 26, 2013
"Casey hoped the (Zenaida Gonzalez) civil case would be over in January. This has been an ongoing battle for close to five years," said Greene. "Emotionally and physically, she can't go on for another year. She needs a clean slate from a financial perspective."

Anthony tells CBS 5 that although she values the close relationship she has with her attorneys, she does not like to be "joined at the hip" with them. She described her legal advisors to be "like family" to her.

"She (Casey) feels it's unfair for this process to drag on. We were ready to go to trial on Jan. 2, and there's no new trial date. She wanted be vindicated in the civil (Gonzalez) case," said Greene.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Freeman Security Services (Jun '12) 3 hr Joy Crews 31
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 1,383,526
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr mdbuilder 59,510
Libertarians have Constitutional right to be in... 9 hr Former Mayor Jeff... 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 18 hr Princess Hey 18,978
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 19 hr Princess Hey 22,967
News 'Mammograms hurt' column draws ire -- OrlandoSe... (Aug '07) 22 hr debbie 1889 198
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages