CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#484161 Jan 19, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>It was a damn movie...some of it was dramatized. They never claimed it was a documentry, don't expect it to be.
You must have missed the link AN posted.......according to ABC NEWS, Jeff Ashton walked into the courtroom to the sounds of applause.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/...

> Prosecutor Jeff Ashton, who had entered the courtroom to roaring applause, sat shaking his head after the verdict. Ashton declined to speak after the trial, but the state attorney's office announced that Ashton had promptly retired, <
felon murderer casey

Gary, IN

#484162 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey will only be tried again in the minds of those who don't, and didn't, "get it".
Your post sounds like a threat.
the word "the" sounds like a threat to psychotic freaks like you ngrace, nothing new there!
southerngirl

Newark, OH

#484163 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey will only be tried again in the minds of those who don't, and didn't, "get it".
Your post sounds like a threat.
You sound like Charlie Brown's teacher, "wah wah wah wah wah".
Diane Ax

United States

#484165 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't see it either?
I had it on live, but was texting before the jurors came in, so I thought maybe I missed seeing it. But I'm sure I would have remembered it as the Judge had laid down so many rules and regs, the actual courtroom observers told the media they were afraid to blink or face being thrown out.
So how is it they dared to applaud Jeff prior to the verdict being read and not get thrown out?
On tonight's movie, HHJP hadn't entered the courtroom yet?

Level 7

Location hidden

#484166 Jan 19, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The prosecutors always arrived to the courtroom BEFORE Judge Perry
But the courtroom observers didn't, Rambler. They had to be seated for security purposes before anyone else entered the courtroom.

And, local media interviewed some of those who were admitted in to watch the proceedings, and they said the guards instructed them to sit in their seats; not turn around; not to make any comments or gestures, etc, or they would be ejected.

I am skeptical of this story, but now I'm going to look for an actual video of it. The only time Jeff could be applauded is when he was outside on the sidewalk leading to the building.

Minor, for sure, but I don't like being called a liar,(in so many words).

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

#484167 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed the link AN posted.......according to ABC NEWS, Jeff Ashton walked into the courtroom to the sounds of applause.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/...
> Prosecutor Jeff Ashton, who had entered the courtroom to roaring applause, sat shaking his head after the verdict. Ashton declined to speak after the trial, but the state attorney's office announced that Ashton had promptly retired, <
I didn't miss her link. I didn't miss you promptly questioning the applause scene either, or that Ram is going to hop on it with you.

It doesn't matter if it's true or not...again...it's a damn movie not a documentry.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#484168 Jan 19, 2013
Diane Ax wrote:
<quoted text> On tonight's movie, HHJP hadn't entered the courtroom yet?
LOL first you have to convince NG that it's a movie :)

Level 7

Location hidden

#484169 Jan 19, 2013
Diane Ax wrote:
I haven't watched the movie, Diane, but my curiosity over a story published by ABC has raised my interest as I feel it is misleading and false, and minor though it may seem, is another example of stirring the pot of hatred out there.

I would like to find the actual video of that day.

Level 7

Location hidden

#484170 Jan 19, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't miss her link. I didn't miss you promptly questioning the applause scene either, or that Ram is going to hop on it with you.
It doesn't matter if it's true or not...again...it's a damn movie not a documentry.
AGAIN.....I'm not talking about the damn movie!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#484171 Jan 19, 2013
Diane Ax wrote:
During trial, do you recall if George and Cindy sat in the two chairs next to the isle right by the door, against the back wall? For some reason I thought it was more in the middle of the back row, but I might be wrong.

And did you notice the quick glimpse of the young man in the front row behind with the wicked looking black eyes? If he had opened his mouth, I'd have expected to see Dracula teeth!

Level 7

Location hidden

#484172 Jan 19, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you churning waves over this not being said in the portion of the Jessica video diary released to he public?
"This is the end, and just the beginning."
I haven't watched the movie yet, if this is what this line is from.

But didn't Casey say something like that in those video diaries?
felon murderer casey

Gary, IN

#484173 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
yes you are, you're all lathered up and in a tither because YOU didn't personally see the court room applause, but you saw it on the movie so you think there has to be a rolling video of it.

for fcks sakes ngrace, go suck down your handful evening Halidon and sleep it ta fck off!

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#484174 Jan 19, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
During trial, do you recall if George and Cindy sat in the two chairs next to the isle right by the door, against the back wall? For some reason I thought it was more in the middle of the back row, but I might be wrong.
And did you notice the quick glimpse of the young man in the front row behind with the wicked looking black eyes? If he had opened his mouth, I'd have expected to see Dracula teeth!
They sat exactly where they did in the movie.

Level 7

Location hidden

#484175 Jan 19, 2013
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/03/casey...

(snipped)

Inside the courtroom for the Anthony verdict
By Allison Rampley
updated 3:05 PM EDT, Thu July 05, 2012

The next day, July 5, I went back to the courthouse, showed my ID again, and was given my pass to go into court. The rest of the 20 or so public ticket holders, my coworkers, and I were put through courthouse security and sent up to the 23rd floor. We were held in the elevator lobby and given very strict instructions by a scary-looking security officer:

No talking.
Donít talk to your neighbors.
Donít talk to the lawyers.
Donít talk to anyone.
No food/water/gum/candy of any kind.
No phones. Donít even get your phone out of your pocket/purse.(This was tough for me because as a member of the media, you can usually use your phone/tablet/computer in the courtroom.)
Look straight ahead.
Donít sneeze, cough, or make any noise.
Donít fall asleep.

If you do ANY of these things you will be immediately removed from the courtroom.(We saw what happened with the guy who flipped the bird. Judge Belvin Perry was taking this seriously, and so was I. No contempt charges and jail time for me. No, thanks!)

I hate to say I told you so!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#484176 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
But the courtroom observers didn't, Rambler. They had to be seated for security purposes before anyone else entered the courtroom.
And, local media interviewed some of those who were admitted in to watch the proceedings, and they said the guards instructed them to sit in their seats; not turn around; not to make any comments or gestures, etc, or they would be ejected.
I am skeptical of this story, but now I'm going to look for an actual video of it. The only time Jeff could be applauded is when he was outside on the sidewalk leading to the building.
Minor, for sure, but I don't like being called a liar,(in so many words).
Then go watch the video and quit wasting time obsessing over it!

And just because the courtroom is seated BEFORE the Judge enters the courtroom, does not mean they didn't applause while sitting down, when Jeff Ashton entered.

You get caught up in the most mundane details - no wonder you see dots everywhere!

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#484177 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO AGAIN, you're taking one minor thing and obsessing about it :)

“One For the Money”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#484178 Jan 19, 2013
Los Angeles Times
Given the fact Anthony was acquitted ó rightly or wrongly, but not arbitrarily and certainly legally ó the fact the film does no better a job of convicting her than did the state of Florida, speaks to its integrity, in a way.

Level 7

Location hidden

#484179 Jan 19, 2013
continued

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/TB...

At about 1:45 p.m. we had just gotten lunch when the blackberry explosion went off... Beep Beep, Buzz Buzz, RING RING RING RINGÖ VERDICT!!!!!

Laptop cords flew, last bites were shoved in mouths, and we ran to the courthouse.

Back to the clerk, back through security, back up to the elevator bayÖ and if I thought that security guard was scary before, that was nothing. This time he was serious. We were told if we reacted to the verdict in any way, we would be pulled from the courtroom and thrown in jail.(Gulp. Deep breaths. Keep your cool.)

We filed back in to our same seats and we waited for what felt like forever for everyone to get in place.

Casey and her team looked terrified. She was flanked by Cheney Mason and Jose Baez with several other people in the legal team surrounding them. Her parents, George and Cindy Anthony, were brought in and sat in two seats next to the door in the back row.

The jury filed in, proceedings began, and you know the restÖ

George and Cindy snuck out right after the verdict was read. Judge Perry polled the jurors and after they were excused; Casey and her lawyers all hugged and held each other and Casey weptÖ and that was it. I didnít make any noise or move my head. I got up and left in silence with everyone else.

THERE IS NO WAY, ABC NEWS, THAT JEFF ASHTON WALKED INTO THAT COURTROOM TO THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE!

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#484180 Jan 19, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
If it didn't happen it was only a slight exaggeration. I saw "the love" as he was walking to the courthouse, one of the last days of the trial - it wouldn't have surprised me to see them throwing rose petals at his feet!
Actually they did, you must have been watching on the trial and writing notes at the same time - just like you said you were during the TV Movie and missed it.

Howsoever - there are some who recorded and watched the trial 3 times - I'm sure they will be able to enlighten you.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#484181 Jan 19, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't watched the movie yet, if this is what this line is from.
But didn't Casey say something like that in those video diaries?
No, "she" never said anything about "the end or the beginning". And somewhere was published the length of the video which is longer than the 2 minutes portion which was released to the public, allegedly swiped from a pay-for-view site by Rob Hensely.

However, as Jesse was clutching at the silver wedding ring on the necklace he said "things will only get better"......iirc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Teaman 1,583,476
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 18 min Frindly 1,178
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Be sure to watch WDW Christmas Day Parade (Dec '07) Tue Television Engineer 3
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Tue zazz 98,481
News Three houses busted in Merritt Island for growi... (May '08) Mon ummm 47
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sun Murph 73,828

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages