CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...
Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Toronto Canada

#477054 Jan 2, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to look next time I'm at a pharmacy. I rarely get colds but when I do I just grab one of the custom fit tablet type remedies - daytime, nighttime, stuffy nose, sneezes, coughs, sinus pain.......on and on as far as the eye can see.
I'm betting if Buckley's is still sold I'd find it on the bottom shelf. LOL
Vicks vapo rub has been around forever too and works as good as ever,
Of course all these things will not cure pneumonia.
Buckleys is sold front center in every shoppers drug mart, safeway pharmacy, co-op pharmacy, you know all the places you would shop in Red Deer Canada.

Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#477055 Jan 2, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, they still make that awful stuff?
Oh I remember that awful taste.....my father swore by it too.
Putrid, yuck! No kid would ever feign coughs or sneezes knowing what was coming. LOL
I remember the stuff too! yark! But it works...
Another remedy my father swore by was [8 drops of electric oil
in a tablespoon of sugar...]

Never seen the stuff sold in he US...Only in Canada...
I have a friend send me a bottle when I need it!
Level 4

Since: Apr 11

Toronto Canada

#477056 Jan 2, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what the property in electric oil would be that would help a cough or cold symptoms? Do you know? I totally understand the need for a tbsp of sugar!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#477057 Jan 2, 2013
Casey Anthony:'Bella Vita' worth a look, thanks to Stan Strickland

By Hal Boedeker
Staff writer
11:33 a.m. EST, January 2, 2013

Aphrodite Jones' "Casey Anthony: Bella Vita" is an unusual and eye-opening take on the headline-making case.
For the program, Jones talks to Stan Strickland, who preceded Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. on the murder case; Judge O.H. Eaton Jr., who was an analyst for WESH-Channel 2; Brad Conway, a former attorney for George and Cindy Anthony; and Steve Helling of People magazine, which produced six cover stories about the saga.

Strickland reveals that he had never heard of defense attorney Jose Baez. Eaton says his impression was and still remains that Baez was "an inexperienced lawyer who was in over his head."

But, of course, Baez won when Anthony was acquitted of murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Strickland says he doesn't believe the state overcharged in the case and describes prosecutor Jeff Ashton as brilliant. But Eaton says the prosecution was "very arrogant" about the case and says that judges in Florida "were not surprised at all" about the jury's verdict.

The episode of "True Crime With Aphrodite Jones" premieres at 10 p.m. Jan. 14 on Investigation Discovery. The hour also stages dramatizations of Anthony's home life. That device is usually distracting, but it's weirdly compelling in this program.

Jones talks to Baez, who complains that the media created a mob mentality and dismisses the prosecution's case as "weak at best." He also defends what he heard from Anthony, telling a skeptical Jones, "I got to know Casey. You didn't."

But the show is most interesting for the Strickland and Eaton interviews. Strickland complains that people do not understand reasonable doubt and that there needs to be better jury instruction about it. To explain the verdict, Strickland quotes a juror who said, "If I don't know how she died, how can I convict her of anything?"

Eaton says many people who disagree with the verdict simply don't know the facts. "I don't know how you can prove premeditation when all you have is a bag of bones," Eaton says.

And there's the personal angle from the host. Jones, who says she was originally outraged by the verdict, comes to a new conclusion that the jury was right to come up with not guilty.

Will you be watching?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/...

“"Where the weak are....”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

killed and eaten"

#477058 Jan 2, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder what the property in electric oil would be that would help a cough or cold symptoms? Do you know? I totally understand the need for a tbsp of sugar!
It reminded me of Caster Oil. That was some nasty stuff too, lol.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#477059 Jan 2, 2013
Murphey_Law wrote:
<quoted text>
They sold it in Michigan at CVS and Walgreen's until about two years ago. When I asked the pharmacy why they don't carry it anymore, they just said that they can't get it anymore from Buckley's.

Level 4

killed and eaten"

#477060 Jan 2, 2013
*Whoops...should be Castor Oil.
felon murderer casey

Crete, IL

#477061 Jan 2, 2013
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
Aphrodite Jones
Now, more defending of the JURY, and criticism of the prosecutors.
This is VERY different than what Aph said immediately after the verdict!
I bet anything, that Aphrodite has also interviewed the jurors for her show
with Baez!
What she said right after the verdict:
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...or-cay...

Aphrodite Jones Reports:'Where's Justice for Caylee?'
July 11, 2011
[Aphrodite Jones gives her perspective from attending the Casey
Anthony trial. Check in for her regular reports. Read her Bio >> ]
"So many of us are stunned and saddened by the Casey Anthony verdict -- it's hard even to put it into words.
What were they thinking? These 12 jurors? Were they really sitting in the same courtroom that I was in for six weeks in Orlando?
I hate to air so many questions, but there is no other way for me to express my disbelief and disappointment with this NOT GUILTY verdict.
Some jurors came out and claimed the State did not prove their case.
Hmmmm. Let's see: 31 days a missing child goes unreported; there's a
decomposing hair that matches mitrochondrial DNA of Caylee Marie in
Casey's trunk; there's numerous testimony about Casey's trunk smelling
like "death;" there's duct tape found around Caylee's skull and jaw and
scientific testimony that a human body does NOT decompose with the
skull and jaw stuck together; and pieces of this duct tape was found still
around Caylee's jaw, which BTW matched the specific duct tape "Henkel
_Brand" that was found by police in the Anthony home.
I could go on and on -- but I get so angry just thinking about a jury
of_folks who either A) wanted to go home and didn't care about justice,
or_B) didn't have the presence of mind to look at any piece of evidence
or_ask even one question (see A) to the judge. If I sound like I'm being too_hard on these folks -- please forgive me. I just keep thinking about Caylee_-- and where's the justice for that baby?_If ever there was a time for_bloggers and social media folks to unite, it's now. Let's get Caylee's Law_passed so this child does not die in vain._

continued -----
felon murderer casey

Crete, IL

#477062 Jan 2, 2013
~~~~~~~~~~
What she says now:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aphrod...192870...
Dec 31, 2012
Aphrodite Jones
10 hours ago
"Rather than making judgements before you see the show, how about
waiting to see how I try to unravel The crazy verdict! You don't need to
ask me to look up the word homicide. I know this was a homicide. But, homicide is not necessarily Murder One -- not when it has to be proven in a court of law. It's easy for us to sit back and judge this jury -- we were
not sitting in their seats. No cause of death. No time of death. No proof that it was Casey acting with malice or premeditation. All of those elements need to be present to = Murder One. I am not defending HER -- she's a monster. But I am defending the jurors, who we judged without pulling apart what rules of evidence they were required to follow.
~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aphrod...s/3286...
Aphrodite Jones · 2,805 like this
12 hours ago · Dec 31, 2012
"I was quick to judge the jury -- I went on radio & TV And blasted them for days after the verdict. But a year later, I took another look at the evidence they were presented with. The jury was told about Casey partying it up after Caylee went "missing" -- true -- but they were given no cause of death -- and they were given no proof that Caylee's death wasn't an accident. What the prosecution proved at trial was that Casey was a liar about her child being "kidnapped" and that she indeed drove around with her dead child in the trunk -- and that there were decomposition "hits" in the Anthony back yard -- but all of that does not equal Murder One. Try to step back and think about it -- if YOU were on the jury -- and you had no evidence to contradict the theory that this was an accidental death, later covered up by George and/or Casey-- could you convict her of 1st Degree Murder?? The jury did not hear all the evidence -- And yes -- there were screw ups with the supposed 84 searches for chloroform (which turned out to be a computer error -- there was only 1 search). I'm not saying she didn't get away with it -- I am only pointing to
the reasons why. Still, for that Tot Mom, hell awaits her -- here on earth
and forever more.
----------
Good info in link - scroll to bottom....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#477063 Jan 2, 2013
Same Location wrote:
<quoted text>They sold it in Michigan at CVS and Walgreen's until about two years ago. When I asked the pharmacy why they don't carry it anymore, they just said that they can't get it anymore from Buckley's.
I was just reading about Buckleys and you are right, it was originally a Canadian company. I wonder if it works as well as it did in the past, if the formula had DXM which now been removed because of "unintended" use..

Potential unintended use

Many cough medications, including Buckley's, have become popular as recreational drugs in recent years. Due to the dissociative properties of dextromethorphan, high doses of cough medication can be used to produce an intoxication. Only 100 mg of dextromethorphan is needed to create a euphoric effect. The lethal dose is between 2,000 mg and 20,000 mg.

Only some of the Buckley's formulations contain dextromethorphan. The original, without DXM, may be purchased. However, recreational use of Buckley's is uncommon, due to the deterrent effects of its taste.[citation needed]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckley 's

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#477064 Jan 2, 2013
For her fans, who live each day defending her...

Anthony returns to court in 2013 and is expected to become a high-profile case once again.

Casey Anthony currently has three civil lawsuits filed against her. A date will be set in the case Zenaida Gonzalez vs. Casey Anthony after her appeals are heard.

http://www.examiner.com/article/newspaper-pre...

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Location hidden

#477065 Jan 2, 2013
SNIPPED...

"Still, for that Tot Mom, hell awaits her -- here on earth."

"I am not defending HER -- she's a monster."

TRUER words were never spoken IMO...I suppose she will soon be labeled a Media *hore by the haters who defend Casey. EH ?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#477066 Jan 2, 2013
felon murderer casey wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~
What she says now:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aphrod...192870...
Dec 31, 2012
Aphrodite Jones
10 hours ago
"Rather than making judgements before you see the show, how about
waiting to see how I try to unravel The crazy verdict! You don't need to
ask me to look up the word homicide. I know this was a homicide. But, homicide is not necessarily Murder One -- not when it has to be proven in a court of law. It's easy for us to sit back and judge this jury -- we were
not sitting in their seats. No cause of death. No time of death. No proof that it was Casey acting with malice or premeditation. All of those elements need to be present to = Murder One. I am not defending HER -- she's a monster. But I am defending the jurors, who we judged without pulling apart what rules of evidence they were required to follow.
~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aphrod...s/3286...
Aphrodite Jones · 2,805 like this
12 hours ago · Dec 31, 2012
"I was quick to judge the jury -- I went on radio & TV And blasted them for days after the verdict. But a year later, I took another look at the evidence they were presented with. The jury was told about Casey partying it up after Caylee went "missing" -- true -- but they were given no cause of death -- and they were given no proof that Caylee's death wasn't an accident. What the prosecution proved at trial was that Casey was a liar about her child being "kidnapped" and that she indeed drove around with her dead child in the trunk -- and that there were decomposition "hits" in the Anthony back yard -- but all of that does not equal Murder One. Try to step back and think about it -- if YOU were on the jury -- and you had no evidence to contradict the theory that this was an accidental death, later covered up by George and/or Casey-- could you convict her of 1st Degree Murder?? The jury did not hear all the evidence -- And yes -- there were screw ups with the supposed 84 searches for chloroform (which turned out to be a computer error -- there was only 1 search). I'm not saying she didn't get away with it -- I am only pointing to
the reasons why. Still, for that Tot Mom, hell awaits her -- here on earth
and forever more.
----------
Good info in link - scroll to bottom....
It's a step forward in the right direction if you haters are no longer blaming the court or the jury for Casey Anthony's acquittal.

But do you realize in finally facing the fact that the fantasy evidence of her foregone guilt was not reality, you are also acknowledging the real possibility she was innocent all along.

Happy New Year!

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Location hidden

#477068 Jan 2, 2013
southerngirl wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! Your LM's basement get flooded? You ain't going nowhere.
LOL !
Any word about the new website ? I know she said it's a work in progress but the world was created in less time than the website.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#477069 Jan 2, 2013
gloomy days wrote:
SNIPPED...
"I am not defending HER -- she's a monster."
TRUER words were never spoken IMO...I suppose she will soon be labeled a Media *hore by the haters who defend Casey. EH ?
Hmm.....what perfect timing. Did you read that earlier the snippet I c/p about "mirror men" who get it in their psychopathic heads they are god?

An example that couldn't be more perfect.

Seems God has spoken!

LMAO!!!

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Location hidden

#477070 Jan 2, 2013
'in finally facing the fact that the fantasy evidence'

This also correlates with the fantasies spewed by the Grund haters each day on this thread.

HMMM!! How about that.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#477071 Jan 2, 2013
Aphrodite Jones
23 hours ago
What do people think should happen to Casey Anthony when she's forced to appear in civil court in Orlando this week??? Will there be folks holding signs about "baby killer!" Casey will pay for her crimes -- one way or another. The universe is already making sure of that, IMO.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aphrodite-Jones...

Has this person been drinking too much Buckleys and still thinks the ZG trial is beginning today?

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Location hidden

#477072 Jan 2, 2013
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.....what perfect timing. Did you read that earlier the snippet I c/p about "mirror men" who get it in their psychopathic heads they are god?
An example that couldn't be more perfect.
Seems God has spoken!
LMAO!!!
And you apparently heard him too. So how did he sound? I always imagine he articulates in a melodious baritone voice.
AN other

United States

#477074 Jan 2, 2013
Circumstantial evidence.
casey disappears for 31 days but Caylee is never seen again.
casey decides to "bond with Caylee" (according to cindy) on the same day Caylee died.
casey abandons her car.
casey blames the "invisinanny".
Caylee's car seat and doll are left in the car.
casey lies to everyone.
casey had no means to support herself and Caylee.
casey's boyfriend said he didn't want girls.
casey downloaded a 'kidnapping nanny' episode of one tree hill.
casey borrows Brian Burner's shovel.
Her car smells like a dead body.
There are insects and maggots attracted to decomposing flesh in the trunk.
Cadaver dogs alert to the backyard and the car.
Caylee's hair with death band is found in the car.
Chloroform residue is found on the trunk liner.
A stain of adipocere is found in the trunk.
Chemicals indicating death by "suffication" found in casey's trunk
Napkins with adipocere are found in Tony's trash bag in the trunk.
casey deletes hundreds of photos of Caylee
casey searched for ZFG before Caylee is reported missing.
There are searches for chloroform and how to make it on the Anthony's computer when only casey was home.
There were computer searches for weapons on same computer.
These searches were deleted on the morning before casey was arrested.
Caylee's remains were found 1200 feet from her house.
Caylee was found near the neighborhood "pet cemetery".
Caylee's remains were found with George's duct tape across the face.
Caylee was found in a laundry bag similar to one that cindy said was missing.
Caylee was found in garbage bags like the Anthonys had.
Caylee was found in a blanket similar to one missing from the home.
cindy allegedly searched for chloroform and there were no searches on the desktop for chlorophyll.
casey downloaded photos of skulls during the 31 days
cindy allegedly left the ladder out causing Caylee's death but george and casey cover for her negligence.
After George left the house, someone, using Mozilla, searched for fool-proof suffication. A month earlier, casey misspelled "foolproof" with the same hyphen.
AN other

United States

#477075 Jan 2, 2013
"
circumstantial evidence.

Circumstantial evidence is most often employed in criminal trials. Many circumstances can create inferences about an accused's guilt in a criminal matter, including the accused's resistance to arrest; the presence of a motive or opportunity to commit the crime; the accused's presence at the time and place of the crime; any denials, evasions, or contradictions on the part of the accused; and the general conduct of the accused. In addition, much Scientific Evidence is circumstantial, because it requires a jury to make a connection between the circumstance and the fact in issue. For example, with fingerprint evidence, a jury must make a connection between this evidence that the accused handled some object tied to the crime and the commission of the crime itself.
Books, movies, and television often perpetuate the belief that circumstantial evidence may not be used to convict a criminal of a crime. But this view is incorrect. In many cases, circumstantial evidence is the only evidence linking an accused to a crime; direct evidence may simply not exist. As a result, the jury may have only circumstantial evidence to consider in determining whether to convict or acquit a person charged with a crime. In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court has stated that "circumstantial evidence is intrinsically no different from testimonial [direct] evidence"(Holland v. United States, 348 U.S. 121, 75 S. Ct. 127, 99 L. Ed. 150 [1954]). Thus, the distinction between direct and circumstantial evidence has little practical effect in the presentation or admissibility of evidence in trials."
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,417,602
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Heretic 61,014
News Sources: UCF baseball coach Jay Bergman harasse... (May '08) 6 hr Former Play 213
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 10 hr Milee 73,682
loan shark (Dec '11) 11 hr spotcred 32
Hot girl named Sara 20 hr James 3
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 23 hr Rose_NoHo 194

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages