CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...
BLOBS

Los Angeles, CA

#459396 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
There's more to come out about this, I'll bet you. Schools always obtain emergency contact numbers in addition to home phone numbers, to address situations exactly like what happened when a 10 year old does not show up at school. It also takes a totally incompetent police officer to leave such a critical voicemail, not knowing if anyone is home, and not following up on it. Technically police knew Jessica was missing at 10am, if that's when they were notified by the school because the school couldn't reach anyone else.
Do I detect perverse glee in yur post ???

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Since: Feb 09

Blue Lives Matter

#459397 Oct 13, 2012
LOL! And who ever is agreeing with rambletard is an idiot too!!

Jes sayin
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459398 Oct 13, 2012
"Jessica was last seen leaving her motherís house on Friday, October 5, to walk to school. When Jessica didnít arrive at school, school officials tried to contact her mother. Her mother, Sarah Ridgeway, who works the overnight shift and sleeps during the day, didnít get the voicemail about her daughter until later that afternoon. An Amber Alert was later issued."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/10/12/jessi...

Already the stories about this case are already diverging.

Was it the police or the school who left the voicemail, and was it at about 6pm Jessica's mother listened to it and called police, or in the afternoon?
BLOBS

Los Angeles, CA

#459399 Oct 13, 2012
Nuthutters46er wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't pretend to be a child advocate when you just posted other posters kids names in here.
Can hardly be compared to posting real names and locations of deceased posters.

FYI during construction of the Ark Noah's wife often called him Babe.

And there is more than one Noah on this planet.
BLOBS

Los Angeles, CA

#459400 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The emergency contact phone numbers the school had been given didn't help Jessica Ridgeway, did it?
Do you think perhaps if there had been a Nanny involved the slaughter of this child could have been prevented ?
BLOBS

Los Angeles, CA

#459401 Oct 13, 2012
STM wrote:
LOL! And who ever is agreeing with rambletard is an idiot too!!
Jes sayin
Lurkers busy again LOL!

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Blue Lives Matter

#459402 Oct 13, 2012
My grandson is going to a brand new State of the art elementary school. The staff scans bar-codes in the parents car windows to insure they are picking up a child that does belong to them.

Their bus policy is if the parent isn't at the bus stop to pick up their children, they are taken back to the school by the bus driver. If the parents aren't at the school in a required allotted time then CPS is called.

Seems a little harsh but in this day and age the children need all the protection they can get, sad but true!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459403 Oct 13, 2012
BLOBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I detect perverse glee in yur post ???
No, it's common sense. Authorities have to be suspicious why and how the communication break-down occurred because as a result nobody realized the child was missing the entire school day, giving the perpetrator hours to flee the area.

Level 3

Since: Aug 11

topic

#459404 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The emergency contact phone numbers the school had been given didn't help Jessica Ridgeway, did it?
I heard the School did try to call - but the mom who worked all night was asleep.
T-REX

Chico, CA

#459405 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
No it didnt and it's not hard to detect your happiness about it and your undieng admiration toward the perp who did the terrible dead.
Bet you have a spot on the wall for thier picture in your Child killer's hall of fame shrine

Now dont forget to let us down now, you better start posting that Richard Grund was involved or we might think your really sick.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459406 Oct 13, 2012
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you blabbering about now? The school systems have an automated call system that calls the home/contact number of the parent or guardian of a tardy or absent child. They have been doing this for years!!
With 4 kids of my own I can tell you I've missed these calls more than once as they go to voicemail and leave a message If the call isn't answered.
The police had no idea the child was missing until her mother called them.
Are you kidding me?

You're older than a dinosaur if you think elementary schools use an automated call system when a 10 year old does not show up for school. Ask any parent or call any local school near you and just ask what the process is!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459407 Oct 13, 2012
STM wrote:
My grandson is going to a brand new State of the art elementary school. The staff scans bar-codes in the parents car windows to insure they are picking up a child that does belong to them.
Their bus policy is if the parent isn't at the bus stop to pick up their children, they are taken back to the school by the bus driver. If the parents aren't at the school in a required allotted time then CPS is called.
Seems a little harsh but in this day and age the children need all the protection they can get, sad but true!
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth now too.
Diane Ax

United States

#459408 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny about that and why are you interested?
I think that some use twitter to stage their public cat fights on is a display of the bottom rungs of society.
Yep.

Just look at all 8 of CallMeKarma2's tweets.

ROTFLMAO!

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Blue Lives Matter

#459409 Oct 13, 2012
BLOBS wrote:
<quoted text>
Lurkers busy again LOL!
I'm just dumbfounded that someone would agree with such a factless stupid post!

rambler obviously has no children!

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Blue Lives Matter

#459410 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?
You're older than a dinosaur if you think elementary schools use an automated call system when a 10 year old does not show up for school. Ask any parent or call any local school near you and just ask what the process is!
They do, I know for a fact they do!

Im not even going to waste my time with your craziness!
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459411 Oct 13, 2012
wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text> I heard the School did try to call - but the mom who worked all night was asleep.
You're living down a rabbit hole if you think what occurred after Jessica didn't show up at school at 8:30pm isn't a focus of this investigation.
Diane Ax

United States

#459413 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
'There's predator at large': Police chief vows to track down 10-year-old Jessica's killer after her dismembered body is identified
<snip>
When Jessica had not turned up by 10am, police called the girl's home and left a voicemail, but her mother, who works nights, was asleep at the time and didnít get the message.
It was not until nearly eight hours later that the mother woke up. Sarah Ridgeway recalled that as soon as she heard her daughter failed to show in class, she knew at once that something was wrong.
<snip>
The girl lives with her mother, grandmother and aunt at 10768 Moore Street in the town of nearly 13,000.
ĎMom gets home about 7:30 a.m., gets her daughter ready for school, 8:30Ö sends her off,í Materasso said.ĎThe normal procedure is Jessica walks to a park, meets classmates and they, as a group, walk to school.í
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22171...
Nobody living in this household realized Jessica didn't go to school that day until her mother woke up at about 6pm and listened to the voicemail left by police at 10:30am that morning?
Doesn't make sense.

Reminds me a bit of missing baby Lisa Irwin or Somer Thompson.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459414 Oct 13, 2012
STM wrote:
<quoted text>
They do, I know for a fact they do!
Im not even going to waste my time with your craziness!
You stated you are a grandparent with 4 grown children.

Therefore you do not know "for a fact" what schools do when young children are missing without knowing the child will be absent in advance.........you only think you know.

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#459415 Oct 13, 2012
wisdom usedhere wrote:
<quoted text> I heard the School did try to call - but the mom who worked all night was asleep.
The mother was asleep. She worked nights. The school called to report the child was absent from school. That is common procedure when a child doesn't arrive at school. It's not the schools practice to do more than that. It came down to a horrible situation where the Mom was sleeping with no clue of her daughter being in harms way. She was awake when she sent her daughter off to school...This little girl and her friends had a mile long walk to school....why should children have to walk that far? She should have been taken to school via school buses.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459416 Oct 13, 2012
Diane Ax wrote:
<quoted text> Yep.
Just look at all 8 of CallMeKarma2's tweets.
ROTFLMAO!
I suppose fighting on twitter carries those people over until the Jerry Springer show is on TV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min russianrepukes 1,617,610
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr lisa 98,544
News Orange County Schools employee indicted on firs... (Mar '09) 7 hr CAL 112
Coke for tourist 20 hr jimi-yank 3
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Mon Wiley_Kyote 73,851
Websleuths admin is convicted habitual sex offe... (Apr '09) Sun I see u 304
Under the table (Apr '17) Oct 14 --IslandGurL-- 2

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages