Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#456329 Oct 1, 2012
TRUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the reporter's question was about the legal defense.
I think the reporter's question was about the media coverage.
I will say that we have seen a side of Mr. O'Mara that we didn't get to see when he represented Joy Wray.
O'Mara was a public defender in 2008 and he lied about a practice? Is that why when he took the case he was working from a home office, a craftsman's converted bungalow?

That's what appears on the Clerk of the Court site for the only "Joy Wray" listed.

No one has ever really mentioned what legally qualifies O'Mara for this case.....other than another case involving a dead dog. When he originally stepped in I did an internet search - I couldn't see one other capital case he ever defended which was covered by the media either. Odd.....
southerngirl

Delaware, OH

#456330 Oct 1, 2012
TRUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Baez lied.
He lied to force the State to meet their burden of proof.
The State failed.
So sue him.
Bet Baez would beg to differ.

“Picasso”

Level 7

Since: Feb 10

Calla Lilies

#456332 Oct 1, 2012
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/-Caylee-s-la...

'Caylee's law' goes into effect in Florida

Is this why skank wants to move away from Florida?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#456333 Oct 1, 2012
T-REX wrote:
<quoted text>
Your full of it as usual.
Jose spent the 200,000 on a elaborate French Riviera vacation.
Then Baez claimed indigence for Casey and wanted the public to pay for her defence,that's about as close to public donation's as you can get
When Casey's indigent status was authorized Jose Baez wasn't begging money from the public although it was taxpayer funded - the authorized expenses were closely scrutinized, while the attorneys continued to donate their services probono.

My understanding is Mark O'Mara is being paid for his legal services rendered - he's not working probono.

Has O'Mara ever divulged who specifically is holding the golden purse?

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

New York

#456334 Oct 1, 2012
Nuthutters46er wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that you were a serial child rapist/killer.
Killer huh?
AN other

North Wilkesboro, NC

#456335 Oct 1, 2012
http://docs.docstoc.com/pdf/21580380/18a3324b...

Page 52. Dr. Weitz deposition

casey was "holed up" for the last two weeks with her boyfriend Tony, NOT JESSE!
TRUST ME

United States

#456336 Oct 1, 2012
AN other wrote:
"One other thing that might interest some of you, is how Jose Baez’s opening statement can be used against Casey Anthony in her civil trial.
The answer is that since Jose Baez was Casey Anthony’s “agent” and he gave very specific statements that could only have come from Casey Anthony, and not from inferences based on other witnesses statements, the opening statement is admissible against Casey Anthony, as if she has uttered it herself, as an “Admission by a Party Opponent.”
The leading case on this issue is United States v. McKeon, 738 F. 2d 26 (US 2nd Cir. 1984), which held that a criminal defendant’s attorney’s opening in one trial could be introduced against the same defendant in the retrial if the defendant adopted a defense that was incompatible with the original opening. This same rule has been applied to prosecutor’s opening statements. And has been applied to using criminal opening statements in subsequently related civil law suits.(See The Use of an Admission by Party-Opponent to Hoist A Prosecutor By His Own Words.)
The underlying  principle behind this rule is that no party ought be able to evade the truth by changing their statements merely because it may suit their theory of the case it stands at that time."
Oct 5th, 2011 by Richard Hornsby
Casey hasn't changed her statement because she didn't make the statement.

Casey already rejected her "agent" Baez's version, when she voluntarily refused to take the stand to corroborate it under oath.

She also rejected it in plain view when she repeatedly shook her head 'NO' as he delivered the statement.

Opening statements are not evidence in the absence of corroborating proof.

The civil cases are not a retrial - or born from the same set of circumstances.

The civil cases are not "SUBSEQUENTLY RELATED" to murder; which is what the criminal trial was all about.

If the civil cases were "wrongful death" cases, the above MIGHT apply.

But Hornsby is right about the actual date Casey's probation automatically expired.
Diane Ax

United States

#456337 Oct 1, 2012
AN other wrote:
"From what I saw at the time, and my limited experience with kids back then, nothing gave me the impression that she was a bad mothet I DIDN'T HAVE MUCH TO COMPARE HER TO THOUGH. She always portrayed her parents as mean or crazy."
Each of casey's friends described how contentious casey's and cindy's relationship was. We are to believe cindy, not casey and her friends, when she said she and casey were best friends. Why are we to believe her friends who described casey as a good mother? How many of casey's friends who testified about casey's mothering skills were parents?
Kiomarie had a child, did she say casey was a good mom?
Did Kristina Chester say she was a good mom? Kristina, "If anything has happened to Caylee, I'll just die.". casey, "Oh well".
Did Lauren Gibbs think she was a great mom when she discovered casey had no job?
Did Shirley Plesea think casey was a great mom?
How great does a mother have to be to allow ANYONE to take her child? How great does a mother have to be to allow her child to be molested? How great does a mother have to be to allow her to drown in her own pool? How great is a mother who can play grabass in Blockbuster with her boyfriend of the month just hours after her baby's death? How great does a mother have to be to have a babysitter with no job?
Wrong.

Not only did Kio not have a child, the script said she couldn't have kids and wanted to adopt Caylee but Cindy wouldn't allow it "because she didn't like Hispanics."

Why would Kio think she's make a better mother than Casey. What a joke.

Interesting that Kio and Jesse are the only two who had adoption as part of their script.
Diane Ax

United States

#456338 Oct 1, 2012
TRUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Casey in that call.
That sort of changes things.
Sure does!

:o
TRUST ME

United States

#456339 Oct 1, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Mara was a public defender in 2008 and he lied about a practice?
Is that why when he took the case he was working from a home office, a craftsman's converted bungalow?
That's what appears on the Clerk of the Court site for the only "Joy Wray" listed.
I'm not sure what good it would do you to look on the clerk's website.

When O'Mara represented Joy Wray, Joy Wray wasn't charged with a crime.

O'Mara represented Joy Wray only because Best Buy called the cops on her over pictures on her laptop.

These pictures allegedly show the area where Caylee's body was found, before Caylee's body was dumped there.

OCSO executed a warrant for Joy's laptop and called her in for questioning.

O'Mara served as Joy's legal counsel and accompanied her to her interview with Sgt. Allen.

No charges were brought against Joy Wray at that time.

Level 8

New York

#456340 Oct 1, 2012
Diane Ax wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong.
Not only did Kio not have a child, the script said she couldn't have kids and wanted to adopt Caylee but Cindy wouldn't allow it "because she didn't like Hispanics."
Interesting that Kio and Jesse are the only two who had adoption as part of their script.
Your personal life script didn't turn out the way you planned either did it?
TRUST ME

United States

#456341 Oct 1, 2012
southerngirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet Baez would beg to differ.
HA!

What does his book say?

Level 8

New York

#456342 Oct 1, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
When Casey's indigent status was authorized Jose Baez wasn't begging money from the public although it was taxpayer funded - the authorized expenses were closely scrutinized, while the attorneys continued to donate their services probono.
My understanding is Mark O'Mara is being paid for his legal services rendered - he's not working probono.
Has O'Mara ever divulged who specifically is holding the golden purse?
Check out the amount of money donated to Zimmerman by the public.

Level 8

New York

#456344 Oct 1, 2012
TRUST ME wrote:
<quoted text>Casey hasn't changed her statement because she didn't make the statement.
Casey already rejected her "agent" Baez's version, when she voluntarily refused to take the stand to corroborate it under oath.
She also rejected it in plain view when she repeatedly shook her head 'NO' as he delivered the statement.
Opening statements are not evidence in the absence of corroborating proof.
The civil cases are not a retrial - or born from the same set of circumstances.
The civil cases are not "SUBSEQUENTLY RELATED" to murder; which is what the criminal trial was all about.
If the civil cases were "wrongful death" cases, the above MIGHT apply.
But Hornsby is right about the actual date Casey's probation automatically expired.
Casey made plenty of statements and ever changing stories about her dead daughter, brother, mother and father. Read a few psych reports while you are at it.

By the way...she only shook her head no once during GA being raked over the coals for molestation and the death of his precious Caylee.
TRUST ME

United States

#456345 Oct 1, 2012
Diane Ax wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong.
The only two with adoption in their script, and the only two who said they heard Caylee alive and well in the background.
TRUST ME

United States

#456346 Oct 1, 2012
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey made plenty of statements and ever changing stories about her dead daughter, brother, mother and father. Read a few psych reports while you are at it.
By the way...she only shook her head no once during GA being raked over the coals for molestation and the death of his precious Caylee.
Irrelevant.

The opening statement will not be used against her in the civil cases.
AN other

United States

#456347 Oct 1, 2012
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the amount of money donated to Zimmerman by the public.
Probably the NRA.
TRUST ME

United States

#456348 Oct 1, 2012
How do you "help" a murdered child? Wave a magic wand and breath life back into them?

NANCY GRACE, HLN ANCHOR: Instead of using her time to put herself in a low-cut tank top back into the national media, maybe she (Casey) should be out helping missing and murdered children.
TRUST ME

United States

#456349 Oct 1, 2012
AN other wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the NRA.
or the KKK
AN other

United States

#456350 Oct 1, 2012
Page 62

casey mentioned Drs. Danziger, Croft, and Day to Dr. Weitz. Croft did a neuropsychological evaluation. When asked about the results, baez objected.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,108,371
The alphabet (Jun '06) 7 min Roxie Darling 1,073
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min LessHypeMoreFact 46,552
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 38 min Lexus1985 17,079
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 45 min Lexus1985 11,928
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 52 min Lexus1985 2,507
two words (Jul '10) 56 min Lexus1985 26,890
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••