Jewish voters stuck by Barack Obama d...

Jewish voters stuck by Barack Obama despite rumors

There are 186 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Jewish voters stuck by Barack Obama despite rumors. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Jewish voters appeared to discount rumors about Barack Obama 's heritage and acquaintances, delivering an overwhelming vote in favor of the president-elect. Exit polls show about 78 percent of Jews nationwide ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
jimbo

West Palm Beach, FL

#1 Nov 5, 2008
You will reap what you have sowed- the destruction pf Israel - you WERE warned !!
Abdullah

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Nov 5, 2008
This is a great victory in that US policy will no longer have to kiss zionist behinds and keep Palestine subjugated. History will take its natural course in the middle east, and here in US the process is now in place to tax the resources of all the zionists money and investments.
Blue dress stain

AOL

#3 Nov 5, 2008
Fubu clothing already making star of david patches for you guys

Since: Oct 08

Stoney Creek, Canada

#4 Nov 5, 2008
jimbo wrote:
You will reap what you have sowed- the destruction pf Israel - you WERE warned !!
don't bet on that,yet...israel is a nuclear power.
Common Sense

Vero Beach, FL

#6 Nov 5, 2008
Nice try Jimbo Bimbo. Obama just named Rahm Emanuel, an Orthodox Jew, as his Chief of Staff.

Destruction of what were you saying???

Try again Bimbo.
jimbo wrote:
Bob

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2008
to do list wrote:
<quoted text>don't bet on that,yet...israel is a nuclear power.
That's nice, but their enemies have chemical and biological weapons. If any of them would strike first in a sneak attack, many Israelis will die before they even know what hit them or could even put on their gas masks. Don't forget, their enemies are fanatics and don't value life like we and the Israelis do.
Israel

Naperville, IL

#8 Nov 5, 2008
to do list wrote:
<quoted text>don't bet on that,yet...israel is a nuclear power.
The younger Jewish pollulation doesn't care what happens to Israel and thats what Obama was counting on. They will stand alone now to defend themselves without US help. These younger voters care about themselves and is in line with younger voters across the US. We have the most ignorant and self centered youth I've ever seen, the whats in it for me generation. History means nothing because it didn't affect them. 911 will be gone from their minds soon enough and that is what terrorists are counting on. An 18 year old is killed in an accident and his alledged friends cry for a day then, poof, they forget all about him. I guess maybe when they are directly affected and see how callous their friends are they may learn a lesson and change, not holding my breath on that. So yes Israel will be on their own and the US will forgive all for 911- in my lifetime.
Obama

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#9 Nov 5, 2008
Well if the American Jews don't care about Israel Why should Conservative Christians?

You know America takes a lot of heat in the rest of the world for doing so.

Go Obama Screw Israel!
Common Sense

Vero Beach, FL

#10 Nov 5, 2008
Wow. How sad that you have such little faith in the younger generation. Maybe you need to get out more and meet some of our strong young leaders rather than rely on the nonsense that is portrayed on televesion. We are not a generation of Paris Hilton's, despite what you see on television.

Young Americans voted overwhelmingly for Obama because we are not blinded by the petty fears and prejudice of our grandparents generation. Obama was the smarter candidate, had a better temperment, and clearly showed better judgement in his selection of his VP. Plain and simple.

As far as your unfounded fears about Obama's intentions towards Israel, Obama just named Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff. In case you were not aware, Rahm is an orthodox Jew whose father was a militant Zionist. Your fears are unfounded my friend. You will eventually learn not to believe everything you see on fox news.

Obama will win you over. Someday. American's ties to Israel will remain strong.
Israel wrote:
<quoted text>
The younger Jewish pollulation doesn't care what happens to Israel and thats what Obama was counting on. They will stand alone now to defend themselves without US help. These younger voters care about themselves and is in line with younger voters across the US. We have the most ignorant and self centered youth I've ever seen, the whats in it for me generation. History means nothing because it didn't affect them. 911 will be gone from their minds soon enough and that is what terrorists are counting on. An 18 year old is killed in an accident and his alledged friends cry for a day then, poof, they forget all about him. I guess maybe when they are directly affected and see how callous their friends are they may learn a lesson and change, not holding my breath on that. So yes Israel will be on their own and the US will forgive all for 911- in my lifetime.
Obama

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#11 Nov 5, 2008
Common Sense"]Wow. How sad that you have such little faith in the younger generation. Maybe you need to get out more.
Young Americans voted overwhelmingly for Obama because we are not blinded by the petty fears and prejudice of our grandparents generation.
Nice, Way to spit on your fore fathers.
Obama chose Robert Emanuel Because he is a partisan anti Republican it had nothing to do with him being a Jew, He is so partisan that he would be the first to sell out Israel for the Liberal cause.
DonteNCedric

Tallahassee, FL

#13 Nov 5, 2008
That is why they are AMERICAN overstuffed Jews and not true Israelis! Pacified and head nodders - like at their synagogue what twice a year attendance. Rich and lazy. dont rock the boat types. Stay outta the sun - your brains are frying! Oy vey
Dan Active

Haines City, FL

#14 Nov 5, 2008
Obama will bring about lots of change. He's already changed the national anthem - take a listen:

Common Sense

Vero Beach, FL

#15 Nov 5, 2008
Selling out Israel? Rahm Emanuel's father was a militant zionist. You need to read up on the facts before you start posting nonsense.

And I loved my grandparents dearly when they were with us. But, no way no how Bubbie would ever vote for a "schvatza" as she used to say. I still loved her despite her shortcomings. You obviously share those shortcomings too. Doesn't make you a bad person, just a little sad.
Obama wrote:
Common Sense"]Wow. How sad that you have such little faith in the younger generation. Maybe you need to get out more.
Young Americans voted overwhelmingly for Obama because we are not blinded by the petty fears and prejudice of our grandparents generation.
Nice, Way to spit on your fore fathers.
Obama chose Robert Emanuel Because he is a partisan anti Republican it had nothing to do with him being a Jew, He is so partisan that he would be the first to sell out Israel for the Liberal cause.
Common Sense

Vero Beach, FL

#16 Nov 5, 2008
Wow. You are like a relic from 1950. I loved you in Missippi Burning.

You want to secede from the union because of Jews (despite the fact that they make up less than 2% of the US Population??). Get a life man.

What a fool.
ub munkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is another set of leaving Zionist Jews from Bush's administration and the new incoming Zionist Jews with the Obama administration.
What changed?
Nothing....
I am so sick of following these delusional paranoid jews around like an extra pair of socks...
Stinky at that....
Nice money racket the jews had going on us since the days of the Civil War.....
But the Civil War was about who would control North American and well the jews won that one....
Well, now, it is time for them to leave...
They have out worn their welcome here in the states....
I am tired of paying for their big welfare checks at places like Lehman Brothers....
And so should you....
I say that the jews keep florida, new york, california, michigan, wisconsin, pennsylvania, and all the blue states and their left wing policies....
And we the red states will keep all of our policies.....
Well, doesn't that mean for us to secede from the union.....
Imagine Bush a Zionist JEW probably got his share to live on comfortably for the rest of his life from the 700 Bil Bail Out....
Something has got to change....
bad news

United States

#18 Nov 5, 2008
The jewish voters will be disappointed with Obama.
bad news

United States

#19 Nov 5, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
Selling out Israel? Rahm Emanuel's father was a militant zionist. You need to read up on the facts before you start posting nonsense.
And I loved my grandparents dearly when they were with us. But, no way no how Bubbie would ever vote for a "schvatza" as she used to say. I still loved her despite her shortcomings. You obviously share those shortcomings too. Doesn't make you a bad person, just a little sad.
<quoted text>
Rahm emmanuel is a vicious animal, who once was a ballet dancer.

He once took a knife and as he called out a name; he stabbed the table.

Emmanuel is notliked within Obama's group. He has anger management problems which will hinder his advancement.

There are better jews who can monitor Israel.
Common Sense

Vero Beach, FL

#20 Nov 5, 2008
What?? Are you a crazy person??

And really? "Emmanuel is notliked within Obama's group."

That is why Rahm was just named Obama's Chief of Staff.

Its so sad that you need to keep lying even after you lost the election.

ITS OVER BRO. GET OVER IT.
bad news wrote:
<quoted text>
Rahm emmanuel is a vicious animal, who once was a ballet dancer.
He once took a knife and as he called out a name; he stabbed the table.
Emmanuel is notliked within Obama's group. He has anger management problems which will hinder his advancement.
There are better jews who can monitor Israel.
theyll be sorry

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Nov 5, 2008
Yeah, they'll be sorry when Hussein embraces the Palestinian cause and abandons Israel. Look at his name and past associations for goodness sake, and see that he was endorsed by every Arab and Muslim terrorist organization there is, including Hamas, whose sole purpose in life is to exterminate Israel and all Jews from the face of the earth. Yeah, the Jews are pretty stupid, naive, and ignorant to want Hussein as president. Unless they don't give a damn at all about their homeland, which is probably the case since they always vote Dimocrap and everybody knows the Dimocraps are the best friends the Palestinians have in the US.
Abdullah

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Nov 5, 2008
If Bush had opted for isolation rather than confrontation, US would be prosperous and at peace, and the israeli hooligans would be absorbed into greater Palestine or disposed of by our Iranian brothers with Saddam's help.
Just Sayin

Hoschton, GA

#23 Nov 5, 2008
Obama wrote:
Well if the American Jews don't care about Israel Why should Conservative Christians?
You know America takes a lot of heat in the rest of the world for doing so.
Go Obama Screw Israel!
Because true Christians understand that Israel are God's chosen people. For those of us who choose to believe what the Bible says, the plans for Israel are laid out...along with all the wars that will be fought because they are the chosen people of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Unmeltable Snowflake 1,658,719
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Mary NY 514,753
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 98,617
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 21 hr Princess Hey 23,134
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 21 hr Princess Hey 13,411
two words (Jul '10) 21 hr Princess Hey 28,207

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages