Nation of Islam's Minister Louis Farr...

Nation of Islam's Minister Louis Farrakhan calls for 'new begin...

There are 77 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Nation of Islam's Minister Louis Farrakhan calls for 'new begin.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Calling today's organized religion a failure, the Nation of Islam's Minister Louis Farrakhan on Sunday urged a "new beginning" during the rededication ceremony for a renovated mosque on Chicago's South Side, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Piethrower

Summerville, SC

#53 Oct 20, 2008
Hey, fyi - old tang hair Thurmond has been dead a few years now.
Bobby Drake wrote:
Well...if Sen. McCain can pal around with Strom Thurmon, Sen. Obama's non relationship with Louis Farrakhan isn't an issue. If the once KKK leader can change, so can an anti-semite.
WARNING_WARNING

Carrollton, TX

#54 Oct 20, 2008
If you don't think hatemonger Muslims don't want you infidels dead then think again. See the footage: http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/ .

Give Farrakhan and his gang the right platform and he will gladly exterminate those that he truly hates.

Jessie Jackson has already stated his position against Israel: http://www.nypost.com/seven/10142008/postopin...

Go ahead and read it!

Don't be fooled. Obama has his connections.

Since: Mar 07

Fredericksburg, VA

#55 Oct 20, 2008
Dr Who wrote:
<quoted text>
First of KKK are NOT true Christians.
Second Islam is more than a religious movement it is a very much a political movement as well. In the middle-east tribes and sects are brought into power by their affliation.
If the KKK are not true Christians, than terrorist are not true Muslims, since the Islam doesn't teach killing innocent people. So how is it fair to call all Muslims terrorist without calling all Christians terrorist? Maybe your a terrorist because the KKK are.
estevan

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Oct 20, 2008
R Yi wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's suppose the KKK-cross burning terrorist cult- were to renounce its past. Would you say a leopard cannot change his spots? Fortunately, common sense caught up with them. And, perhaps the same could be said of the Nation. That's a positive step.
Exactly. The same frightful argument is made against America by those who experienced its racist wrath and history. We all need to take a chance at trusting one another. Reconciliation is the right direction no matter how hideous the past.
Dr Who

Chicago, IL

#57 Oct 20, 2008
Wow you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.

Timothy McVea was a Muslim?
Charles Manson was a Muslim?

Never did I say all terrorists were muslims. As far as I'm concerned the KKK are terrorists against the Bible and God. Once again you failed to make any sense and put words in my mouth. Very typical, thanks for playing have a great day.
Dr Who

Chicago, IL

#58 Oct 20, 2008
Bobby Drake wrote:
<quoted text>
If the KKK are not true Christians, than terrorist are not true Muslims, since the Islam doesn't teach killing innocent people. So how is it fair to call all Muslims terrorist without calling all Christians terrorist? Maybe your a terrorist because the KKK are.
SEE POST ABOVE.
estevan

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Oct 20, 2008
November Rain wrote:
How religious (denomination aside) is it to preach seperatism and division of people? Farrakan, Sharpton, Jackson, Wright are merely racists of a different flavor.
Along those lines you have to question the character of "a member of their congregation" who attended their church for 20 years, disagreed with their rhetoric, took his family to that same church and publically denounced the pastor when challenged publically about his position. But NEVER once in those twenty years took a stand to seperate himself from those same teachings he thought were so bad.
Farrahkan is merely adapting his tactics to recruit a new generation of smarter followers that will continue on his hate monger legacy.
You clearly don't understand Sharpton, Jackson, or Wright. Farrakhan is a different category.
Tell me how Wright is separatist when he had people of many backgrounds in his church? Why did Sharpton and Jackson fight along side a variety of people for civil rights? Do you really know what you're talking about or are you just scared of simple things you don't seem to understand?

Stafford, VA

#60 Oct 20, 2008
Dr Who wrote:
Wow you just keep digging yourself a deeper hole.
Timothy McVea was a Muslim?
Charles Manson was a Muslim?
Never did I say all terrorists were muslims. As far as I'm concerned the KKK are terrorists against the Bible and God. Once again you failed to make any sense and put words in my mouth. Very typical, thanks for playing have a great day.
Your saying that all Muslims are terrorist. Radical muslims are terrorist against their religion as well. They don't do religious background checks before they decide to blow people up. They blow other Muslims up too. Your a very confused and simple minded indiviual. I'll pray for you.
Toni

United States

#61 Oct 20, 2008
I think Farrakhan has the wrong idea on what racial unity is because a friend of mine worked at a cemetery where someone Farrakhan knew was being laid to rest, and before Farrakhan arrived, his "bodyguards" told the workers at the cemetery that any white workers were not to be seen during the service. My friend and a few coworkers had to "hide" away until the service was over.......Maybe racial unity means something different, to a racist like Farrakhan, then anyone else..

“Blinded By The Right”

Since: Aug 07

Long Island Sound

#62 Oct 20, 2008
Jim Jones wrote:
Farrakhan is a BLOOD SUCKING jamaican!
You said the same thing about Colin Powell.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#63 Oct 20, 2008
Bobby Drake wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you define a "True Christian" and how do you define a "True Muslim"?
James Muhammad

West Hamlin, WV

#64 Oct 20, 2008
Farrakhan is a joke. His organization has ruined the lives of many of its members. His kind words mean nothing. He'll have a mouth full of hate and lies in a couple of days.
I B A BLACK BABOON

Ridgewood, NY

#65 Oct 20, 2008
Kali wrote:
I have never read so much hatred and ignorance in all my life!!! If any of you took the time to actually listen to, or read any of the speeches given by Minister Farrakhan, or better yet, the speech that was given yesterday, you would realize just how very ignorant you are. This man has grown by leaps and bounds; scholars all over the world can bear witness to that-Black, White, Jewish, Christian and Muslim.
A reality that you will NEVER recognize is the damage that slavery, lynching, and discrimination has done to the mentality and self-image of Black people in this country. The problem is that you are too afraid to look at yourselves in the mirror and be real with what, as a race, White people have done to another under the guise of Christianity. That damage had to be un-done to reverse the effects of a ravenous inferiority complex held by so many Black people.
Minister Farrakhan speaks truth to power. While you may hate this man for telling you to your face how ugly your bahavior has been toward Black people,we love him for demanding that we love and respect ourselves despite what we have been taught by the slave master's children.
Anti-semitic? Minister Farrakhan knows and understands that he (we)are all Jews, we are all Christians, we are all Muslims, if we but understand. He lives by the doctrines set forth by Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad --can you say that?? When you call yourself a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim, but your actions say otherwise, then those actions are your religion--you are not what you claim. Your "religion" is in the gutter and you defile Judaism, Christianity and Islam by claiming it.
You hate the fact that this man does not act like the slave you want him to be. Live with it!!! He has changed the trajectory of Black people all over the world for the better. The fact that so many revile him, only further solidifies his place in history. Smoke on that!!
PREACH ON, MAH SISTA: YOU DUN TELL IT LAHK IT IS! BRUTHA FARRAKHAN BE OWA TRUE REPRESENTATIVE ON DIS EARTH! AH AGREE COMPLETELY WIF HIS STATEMENTS BOUT DE JEWS AN DE OTHA CRACKAS: ITS TIME DAT DEY FINALLY BE TAKEN OFF OF DIS EARTH! DATS WHAT OWA NEXT PRESIDENT GOIN 2 BE DOIN AN' I SAY HALLALUJAH!!!!!!!!!! KILL WHITEY AN' POWER 2 DA PEEPILS!
ProfTed

Mcallen, TX

#66 Oct 20, 2008
The slime is oozing out of the woodwork.

Good God people!!! Wake up!

http://www.themidnightsun.org/ ...
Obama went to Kenya to campaign for the murderous, Islam-backed Odinga on OUR tax dollar!!

Quote from Barack Obama’s book, Dreams Of My Father:

"THE PERSON WHO MADE ME PROUDEST OF ALL, THOUGH, WAS MY [half brother], ROY..HE CONVERTED TO ISLAM".
(He's PROUD of somebody who converted to Islam???)

From ‘Dreams of my Father’, "IN INDONESIA, I SPEND TWO YEARS AT A MUSLIM SCHOOL" "..I STUDIED THE KORAN.."

(The Obama camp denies this- yet it's in his own book in his own words)

From ‘Audacity of Hope: "LOLO (Obama’s step father) FOLLOWED ISLAM...."I LOOKED TO LOLO FOR GUIDANCE".

(Do you think, as a practicing Muslim, the stepfather didn't do his duty and lead him down the path of Islam?)

From ‘The Audacity Of Hope, "I WILL STAND WITH THEM (MUSLIMS) SHOULD THE POLITICAL WINDS OF WAR SHOULD TURN IN AN UGLY DIRECTION."
(Hasn't he proven this by campaigning for the Islam-backed Odinga? By sponsoring a 'Halal Food act?)

http://www.examiner.com/a-536474~_Trapped_bet ...

http://www.examiner.com/a-534540~Can_a_past_o ...

"ISLAM ISN'T IN AMERICA TO BE EQUAL TO ANY OTHER FAITH, BUT TO BECOME DOMINANT. The Koran ... should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth. Everthing we need to know is in the Koran. We don't need to look somewhere else."
OMAR M. AHMAD, CHAIRMAN OF CAIR, the mainsteam Muslim advocacy group.

Obama speech-'Disarm America':

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
(why does he want to cripple our military when the radical Muslims tell us plainly they want to overthrow the U.S. government?)

Obama's 'Security Force':

THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING:

http://theobamafile.com/ObamaIslam.htm

http://theobamafile.com/
For normal forum viewers, be forewarned; Obama has thousands of people who lurk on the forums all over the country and who do nothing but spread Obama propaganda and seek to discredit those who would speak up against Obama. They scream,'racist','bigot','liar' and fear 'monger'.
They refer you to 'FactCheck'- which is useless because it is owned by George Soros who sponsors Obama.
You only have to check the links, and learn the truth for yourselves
Willie

United States

#67 Oct 20, 2008
One of my old bosses referred to him as 'Captain Bowtie'.
poor boy

West Chester, OH

#69 Oct 20, 2008
Obama and wife are racist.. he made statement with clintons and now using it on McCain and he also bring up the race card up to offen. even if you are question him on certain matter that he disagree with. Then you become a racist. his campaign is built on to that platform..

we should not judge Obama because of his skin color..
In this day of age we are the same. You can be red, white, black, brown, yellow, green and muti colors doesn’t matter. It’s the person, that’s who you are matters. You can be the kindest wonderful or you are the sneakiest under handed back stabling son of gun. They come in different colors, different shapes, they can be tall or short, they can be fat or skinny, you just don’t know until they spring the junk on you and then it too late.

The best thing we can do is judge the person for his action..

I judge the person with his association he has around him,
I judge the person for his truthfulness and honestly this is part of his code of conduct. People can depend on him. He keeps his promises.
I judge the person if he makes a mistake, will he openly admit it and say he sorry for this mistake.
I judge a person for being loyal.. is he true to his family, friends, school, and nation. He does things willingly for others without pay or reward.
I judge a person for being COURTEOUS and OBEDIENT he is polite to everyone regardless of age or position. He knows good manners make it easier for people to get along together He show respects those with ideas and customs other than his own. He treats others, as he wants to be treated. He does not hurt or kill harmless things without reason.. He obeys the laws of his community and country. If he thinks these rules and laws are unfair, he tries to have them changed in an orderly manner rather than disobey them.

His past associations have been undesirables. He makes statement and then changes them like the wind, the only group he is loyal to is his family and anyone else he would throw them under the bus.. This is one thing I can not and will not vote for him on is this.. He does not hurt or kill harmless things without reason. A blotch aborted baby in his view is allow to die like garbage without mercy, compassion, or honor
Yes I am for abortion to a certain degree, when it is done in a respectful painless setting. For both the mother and to the fetus. Neither should allow suffering. This to me is heartless cruel and not right. Late term abortion should be outlaw period. After the fetus after becomes 16 weeks old then any kind of abortion should not be allow unless to protect the mother.. if it can be done in a way where the fetus can reach a certain time when it can survive outside of the mother it should be done… if that 26 or 28 weeks then it should be done.. Some abortion is done because husband and wife or boy friend and girl friend got into a fight and the female wants the abortion to separate the contact with the male counterpart relationship. We need a law stated if this is the case of this abortion then sign your rights away and we will take the baby and it over. Then child could be given to a family that cannot have children of their own…
Obama has failed in so many ways.. and it not his color of skin but the person who he is…
No Brozo

Schaumburg, IL

#71 Oct 20, 2008
The best possible scenario for a "new beginning" would be one that does not include Louis Farrakhan.
ctana

Sydney, Australia

#77 Oct 20, 2008
why is islam such a oppressive religion? They say it is peaceful but islamic countries prove otherwise. Their governments deceive the world by legally legislating equal rights for all national citizens regarding personal faith but in practice oppose it, and enforce islamic law that persecutes, prosecutes, and demoralises other faiths. The Islamic God is definitely in enmity with Jesus Christ, His soon return will be glorious for those who believe while it will be disappointing for many. Hell or Heaven you will eventually go to. By our faith in Christ, it's heaven. Anything else....Hell. God does not need nman to fight His battles, Islam does that is why it imposes so many restrictions. Please wake up and believe in JESUS. He is the world's Saviour, not Muhummad or any other. We are individually responsible for our own choices in life, who will you choose?

Jacksonville, NC

#90 Oct 21, 2008
His_Shadow wrote:
Man, Election day people will remember there is a Silent Majority in this country
I think the Silent Majority are white people that just can't vote for a non white canidate.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#91 Oct 21, 2008
Bobby Drake wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Silent Majority are white people that just can't vote for a non white canidate.
I fear you are correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min FYVM 1,394,443
News Florida teens still behind national average on ... (Aug '08) 1 hr Paddling has its ... 20
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 60,012
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Murphey_Law 513,328
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 4 hr crucifiedguy 1,235
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 6 hr OK Barry 248
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 6 hr HornDawg 844
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages