Nurse accused of stealing pain medica...

Nurse accused of stealing pain medication

There are 71 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 8, 2008, titled Nurse accused of stealing pain medication. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

A registered nurse was charged Friday with stealing narcotics from the nursing home where she worked, after her cover-up story failed because she said she dispensed some of the drugs to a dead person, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“What Happened to Common Sense?”

Since: Oct 08

Connecticut

#43 Jan 14, 2009
SarahMoon wrote:
OK, so I'm having spelling issues today...but you get the gist...
Hey SarahMoon...Happy New Year! Long time no talk! Did you give up on the bozos in the chiro post?
Robb Wolters

Jersey City, NJ

#44 Jan 20, 2009
No ones perfect and yes she did loose her license and yes it was her first time.and shes getting the help she needs to stay clean

“What goes around comes around”

Level 1

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#45 Jan 20, 2009
-Reno- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey SarahMoon...Happy New Year! Long time no talk! Did you give up on the bozos in the chiro post?
That I did, Reno, that I did. Not worth arguing with those guys. Happy New Year back at ya.
LLL

United States

#46 Jan 20, 2009
This is happening all the time. My father was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2004, it had left the prostate and went in to his bones. A home heath nurse was sent to our home to help. She was steeling his medication morphine, delaudid & his pain patches. He was in so much pain he would ask us for medication we would tell him that we could not give him any because the nurse had told us that she had already given it too him. We had eventually figured out that she was stealing it. She was caught by my siblings. but that was 1 week before my father passed away. He suffered terribly I can not tell you the heart ache that my family has suffered over this. Please watch over your family members and make sure that they receive the proper care. We were there with my dad 24 hours a day and the nurse was still able to steal his pain meds. She was very good at it. Also just to let you know she had been charges with medication theft before my dad and was still sent into our home her license has never been taken. BELIEVE IT OR NOT SHE IS STILL A NURSE.
Work for your pay

Collinsville, OK

#47 Jan 20, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
A lot of nurses steal drugs from the hospital. When my wife was in LVH for surgery, the doctor prescribed pain medication during her stay. The nurse said she was only supposed to have it once at night, but according to the doctor it was once an hour as needed. When I loudly confronted the nurse about her obvious lie, she gave up the drugs to my wife. I complained about it, but the nurse still works there. I found out later she was not the only one doing it.
Alot of nurses are just there to get a pay check, screw their co workers and steal drugs as well as neglecting thier patients.

Notice how jobs openings for nurses are in abundance? Notice how so many with no skills tend to go to nursing school.

So many go into nursing to fill their heads with thoughts that they are something of importance. Oh look I got a medical degree. Then they go on to steal the drugs, abuse the patients and to screw around at work.

Ask anyone who has worked in a hospital how their coworkers were. There is probably 2 out of 10 nurses that do their job right.
OrlandoEast

Lakeland, FL

#48 Jan 20, 2009
I knew Cindy Anthony would be caught eventually.
redgator

Winter Park, FL

#49 Jan 20, 2009
THE HOLY BIBLE wrote:
The LORD GOD can help this nurse...all she has to do is accept JESUS CHRIST as her LORD and SAVOIR into her life and OBEY GOD,S WORD and live as a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN from within her heart and REPENT of her SINS! JESUS had said you must be born again! AMEN! GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!
freak

“You call THIS civilization??”

Since: Mar 07

Orefield, PA

#50 Jan 20, 2009
Work for your pay wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of nurses are just there to get a pay check, screw their co workers and steal drugs as well as neglecting thier patients.
Notice how jobs openings for nurses are in abundance? Notice how so many with no skills tend to go to nursing school.
So many go into nursing to fill their heads with thoughts that they are something of importance. Oh look I got a medical degree. Then they go on to steal the drugs, abuse the patients and to screw around at work.
Ask anyone who has worked in a hospital how their coworkers were. There is probably 2 out of 10 nurses that do their job right.
Get out of here! I've been a nurse more than 30 years and I've always put in 110% where ever I worked, basically working my azz off! I never took a Tylenol or Kleenex from a patient and always tried to work as if I was caring for my Mom or Dad.

Did I have off nights? Sure, I'm human. But I have a clear conscience that I never stole or hurt a patient intentionally and always tried to be caring.

One reason there are so many nurse jobs is that it's a pretty thankless job. Sick people aren't always the most kind when they don't feel well, and that's OK. That's just how it is.

You work nights, holidays, weekends -- you put up with sometimes rude doctors or families or patients. And no matter what happens at home or if you're mourning or in a divorce, you leave it at the door because people need you.

I worked critical care, med-surg, outpatient, chemotherapy, and even overseas with the poor for awhile and I saw precious few of what you've described.

I'm pretty dam sick of hearing people bash nurses on this thread!
Work for your pay

Collinsville, OK

#51 Jan 20, 2009
Patrn44 wrote:
<quoted text>I worked critical care, med-surg, outpatient, chemotherapy, and even overseas with the poor for awhile and I saw precious few of what you've described.
I'm pretty dam sick of hearing people bash nurses on this thread!
You said it yourself you saw "FEW" This to me means you saw something. So I guess i'm right. Ha

Oh and BTW PA nurses are the first to do things like this BIG TIME! PLEASE lady. i live there and I read the newspapers and every so often another loser nurse is arrested for stealing drugs.

Maybe you didn't read the last sentence, but I did say 2 out of ten may do the right thing. Maybe you are one of those 2. But hospitals are infested with addicts and affairs and neglect.
cjc

Mechanicsburg, PA

#52 Jan 21, 2009
Confused wrote:
Be happy she's at least been charged, in this area the Nursing Board would cover it up for her and send her to a "few weeks of counseling" (meaning pay any of the clinics a few hundred and they give you the attendance note and all is well) and she's back to stealing...err I mean dispensing meds in no time.
Just curious where do you get the information that the Board of Nursing covers up illegal drug use? It's very wrong to state things as if they are fact when you have no varifiable source. You are terrorizing people who need to trust the medical profession in a time of catastrophy. You're as harmful as the nurse taking the drugs.
Are you for real

Jersey City, NJ

#53 Feb 27, 2009
If you worked with her whats ur name and were did you work with her at????... or is this just you looking for attion from people..........Answear
haha

Bloomington, IN

#54 Jul 25, 2010
Once an addict always an addict.. this white trash bitch is still doing drugs and poppin pain medication there is no help for this woman. They should lock her back up.

“LEST WE FORGET...”

Since: Apr 09

MT DORA FL

#55 Jul 25, 2010
Are you for real wrote:
If you worked with her whats ur name and were did you work with her at????... or is this just you looking for attion from people..........Answear
What the heck are you trying to say? Try " dictionary.com ".
Jennifer

United States

#56 Sep 13, 2010
Work for your pay wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it yourself you saw "FEW" This to me means you saw something. So I guess i'm right. Ha
Oh and BTW PA nurses are the first to do things like this BIG TIME! PLEASE lady. i live there and I read the newspapers and every so often another loser nurse is arrested for stealing drugs.
Maybe you didn't read the last sentence, but I did say 2 out of ten may do the right thing. Maybe you are one of those 2. But hospitals are infested with addicts and affairs and neglect.
Wow you are unbelievable! Stop being so nasty towards nurses. And where did you get that ludicous statistic of 2/10 nurses actually do their job right? Why don't you go to nursing school to see what all nurses go through to be in a thankless job? Before you stereotype what most nurses are like, get your damn facts straight. And for the nurses that steal medication, they WILL get caught and hopefully get the help they need.

“Killer Chihuahua”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#57 Sep 14, 2010
Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you are unbelievable! Stop being so nasty towards nurses. And where did you get that ludicous statistic of 2/10 nurses actually do their job right? Why don't you go to nursing school to see what all nurses go through to be in a thankless job? Before you stereotype what most nurses are like, get your damn facts straight. And for the nurses that steal medication, they WILL get caught and hopefully get the help they need.
Sounds like he gets his info from watching TV shows.
theorganization

Bremerton, WA

#58 Sep 14, 2010
I have met nurses who could not administer controlled drugs because of some fiddle-faddle they did, which meant I had to do that part of the work for them-----adding to an already heavy work load. What a pain.
There are rehab centers for medical professionals, and if she cares about her nursing license, it may behoove her to get in one right away.
Sue

Macungie, PA

#59 Sep 17, 2010
amused wrote:
50 counts and her bail is only $10,000. I've worked with this woman and happen to know that this was not her first offense. that means monday morning she gets 10% pays $100. and she's free to leave. which 9 times out of ten means you get nothing but probation. what about the patients who did need this medication, was she keeping their doses?
Then why the HE-- didn't YOU report her??? Sounds like YOU were an ENABLER!!!!!!!
Nurse Judy

Allentown, PA

#61 Sep 22, 2012
This woman is just nuts, forget addict, she's bipolar amongst other things. The mere fact that she was once in the presence of patients is disturbing. And her husband who supports her 100% in also in rehab

lumbergh
Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#62 Sep 23, 2012
Hmmm wrote:
A lot of nurses steal drugs from the hospital. When my wife was in LVH for surgery, the doctor prescribed pain medication during her stay. The nurse said she was only supposed to have it once at night, but according to the doctor it was once an hour as needed. When I loudly confronted the nurse about her obvious lie, she gave up the drugs to my wife. I complained about it, but the nurse still works there. I found out later she was not the only one doing it.
That doesn't mean your wife's nurse was "stealing" narcotics. It just means she read the order incorrectly, OR, the doctor entered it incorrectly into the CPOE. Or his PA forgot to enter it into the CPOE. There are many logical explanations for this. Get your facts before you blatantly accuse someone of a serious offense.

lumbergh
Level 6

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63 Sep 23, 2012
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why the HE-- didn't YOU report her??? Sounds like YOU were an ENABLER!!!!!!!
Some people seem to have failed Reading Comprehension in school. That poster said he "worked" with her. Worked is the past tense of the verb work. So, that would mean he does not work with her anymore. Thereby he would not be able to report her for something he didn't witness. All the poster is saying is he knows of her and her history. PERIOD.

Now that you know of her and her history are YOU going to report her or are YOU the enabler?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grumpy 1,457,610
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) 26 min Squach 1,168
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 62,299
Want to move but have little money (Oct '12) 3 hr Angel 19
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,268
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 hr Murphey_Law 512,860
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Thu Trying to be hopeful 36

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages