|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, it's all speculation as to what his disability was. What we do know is about his ability, the ability to coldly murder 26 people.
Dear mom left meals for the kid prepared every time she went out of town. She didn't want Adam to use the stove. But, it's okay to teach him to use guns.
I think that Winnie is just trying to push my buttons. No one can be that shit-all stupid to continue to believe the mother was an innocent victim. That is what's wrong with people these days; they can't see or accept personal responsibility, and therefore cannot assign any to others.

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Winnie is just trying to push my buttons. No one can be that shit-all stupid to continue to believe the mother was an innocent victim. That is what's wrong with people these days; they can't see or accept personal responsibility, and therefore cannot assign any to others.
Here's an example of the create an excuse mentality:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/adam-lanzas...

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an example of the create an excuse mentality:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/adam-lanzas...
Philosophically, the author has a point, but he made it too simple, too black and white. You are correct; in his attempt to rationalize the Newtown violence within the context of faith, the result was a lame excuse for the shooter's actions.
tired of silly

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, big time. And politely dancing around the issue with terms like behavior problem, delayed speech, and hyperactivity. I have no idea what they've learned from their Pediatrician. But this kid doesn't' interact, hates being touched, has some weird repetitive movements with his hands, knows only four words at 2 1/2, bites and hits. My husband is the one that brought up autism to them. That just made them mad. Denial bigger than that river in Egypt.
That's a shame for the child more than anyone. The fact that he speaks at all at 2 1/2 tells me, from my experience with my godson, that he has the potential to be a high functioning autistic, but it won't happen without intervention and the willingness of the parents to devote a huge amount of time to his treatment plan. My godson's mom was initially very resistive to the term "autistic" and preferred "pervasive developmental delay", which is just another euphemism. She felt that the word "autism" meant "the end of hope". As he DID show progress and became more interactive and appropriate, she finally recognized that hope means continuing to help him, not worrying about what word is used to describe him. Hopefully your family members will come to some acceptance of the reality of their child's disability in time for intervention to be effective.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a shame for the child more than anyone. The fact that he speaks at all at 2 1/2 tells me, from my experience with my godson, that he has the potential to be a high functioning autistic, but it won't happen without intervention and the willingness of the parents to devote a huge amount of time to his treatment plan. My godson's mom was initially very resistive to the term "autistic" and preferred "pervasive developmental delay", which is just another euphemism. She felt that the word "autism" meant "the end of hope". As he DID show progress and became more interactive and appropriate, she finally recognized that hope means continuing to help him, not worrying about what word is used to describe him. Hopefully your family members will come to some acceptance of the reality of their child's disability in time for intervention to be effective.
Hopefully, but my stepdaughter works all day and her significant other stays home with the kid bdcause it's cheaper than a nanny is in LA. I'm not under the impression that he's that intelligent or receptive to treatment. The child knows the four words now because pressure drove the parents to a speech therapist. And those four words: no, cookie, up, down only are spoken when the kid wants something that screaming and pointing didn't get him. Besides, my point from this whole discussion was that these are difficult children. Not the "Godsend" some would suggest with little empathy for others. That is a bad combination for teaching a child with this syndrome how to handle a weapon.

“They're still”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

HANGING OUT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Why does someone so upset with another forum go bonkers posting about it here?

Get over it already.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

WAS sanka wrote:
Why does someone so upset with another forum go bonkers posting about it here?
Get over it already.
Desperate pathetic cry for attention in an extremely inappropriate way. I don't plan on feeding the troll anymore. This person is crass.
Bourbon Lover

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, but my stepdaughter works all day and her significant other stays home with the kid bdcause it's cheaper than a nanny is in LA. I'm not under the impression that he's that intelligent or receptive to treatment. The child knows the four words now because pressure drove the parents to a speech therapist. And those four words: no, cookie, up, down only are spoken when the kid wants something that screaming and pointing didn't get him. Besides, my point from this whole discussion was that these are difficult children. Not the "Godsend" some would suggest with little empathy for others. That is a bad combination for teaching a child with this syndrome how to handle a weapon.
You sound like a cold-hearted person! Do have a life beyond posting your opinion on Topix?
Thylane Thibodeaux

Fowlerville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the part where I said we all have different experiences with children with autism? No, I'm not an expert. Just someone telling what my experiences were with this syndrome. Don't you have a thread to start about your hair or duct tape we can all ignore?
I like this thread, as I'm trying to figure out what in hell "ass burgers" are. It sounds like something Amra Arsewipe would prepare for dinner, all the while flipping her hair around and going on about sewing patterns for the bkinis she seems to be so obsessed with on her other Topix threads. She is a self-obsessed idiot who apparently did not get enough attention as a child. Maybe she was raised by retarded wolves or something. Or perhaps nobody actually raised her. Don't get your knickers in a twist over a self-admiring jackazz.I've read her posts on justice quest and believe me, she's all about herself and stupid stuff like duct-taping diapers to her child, whom she claims was not potty trained until he was a teenager or some other ridiculously ancient age. I wouldn't be surprised if he were in a nursing home and still not toilet trained. She'll go on about her autistic kid and how he had to be Baker-Acted, so just remember that you are d4ealing with a nitwit who cannot talk about anything other than those topics. Talk about long hair or high heels and Burda wear, but whatever you do, try not to engage her in a debate about autism or anything similar. In her opinion, she knows absolutely everything and there isn't an accomplishment going she will not lay claim to. I suppose the next thing will be her Nobel Peace Prize or some other nonsense. Frankly, there isn't an abomination market this dimwit hasn't cornered.

“They're still”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

HANGING OUT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Why do the posters that dislike JQ post on Topix about how much they dislike it?

Talkk about juvenile.

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Today the last little victims have had their
funerals~
Perhaps the news media will leave and let Newton have some peace, now.
For many, the reality of this tragedy is just beginning.
The ripple effect of this will be devastating.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

rubygoober wrote:
Today the last little victims have had their
funerals~
Perhaps the news media will leave and let Newton have some peace, now.
For many, the reality of this tragedy is just beginning.
The ripple effect of this will be devastating.
As my kids one by one went out to see their friends this evening.......I was once again thankful that they are grown, healthy, happy, well-adjusted.......never had to deal with something like Newtown. My thoughts will certainly be with the grieving families and friends, especially during this holiday season. I'm sure many of those parents have carefully chosen presents that were to delight their children on Christmas morning.......what a knife in their hearts it must be to see them and know that their kids won't be there to open those packages.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
As my kids one by one went out to see their friends this evening.......I was once again thankful that they are grown, healthy, happy, well-adjusted.......never had to deal with something like Newtown. My thoughts will certainly be with the grieving families and friends, especially during this holiday season. I'm sure many of those parents have carefully chosen presents that were to delight their children on Christmas morning.......what a knife in their hearts it must be to see them and know that their kids won't be there to open those packages.
Very sad. But it does make me grateful for what I have.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very sad. But it does make me grateful for what I have.
Me too, Spooky. How fortunate we are........as I wait for the kids to get up so hubby can cook Sunday breakfast......I am grateful for my full house and my full heart.:)

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, Spooky. How fortunate we are........as I wait for the kids to get up so hubby can cook Sunday breakfast......I am grateful for my full house and my full heart.:)
I'm the breakfast cook here. My husband and daughter are both on-call. She spends the on-callnights at my house because we're closer to the hospital. But it's nice just having her here. She's so darn busy all the time, she rarely gets down time.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Christmas Debt wrote:
<quoted text> And no God !
The only imaginary being in our home this week is Santa. Santa is much nicer than your "god". Now go away, hate mongers are not welcome.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Spooky Mulder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the breakfast cook here. My husband and daughter are both on-call. She spends the on-callnights at my house because we're closer to the hospital. But it's nice just having her here. She's so darn busy all the time, she rarely gets down time.
Glad she's there with you. We're having pancakes and sausage this morning, what are you cooking?

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad she's there with you. We're having pancakes and sausage this morning, what are you cooking?
Irish steel milled oatmeal.

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

Amra Ann Goodess wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you post? What makes you feel anyone is interested in your view?
The only comment I have for you~~
You really should give Diane Arbus credit for her work.
Thylane Thibodeaux

Fowlerville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

taroB wrote:
And let all you brain dead fools keep praying to that non existent GOD entity that must be a real sadistic fuck to allow innocent children get butchered day in day out. GOD must get sexual gratification seeing kids' guts get splattered on school walls. Maybe GOD was punishing them for not singing "Jesus loves the little children of the world" with enough gusto. So now GOD is a shoulder to cry on for the survivors. Find strength in GOD that allows a psycho to butcher 6-7 year old innocents. Believing in any cloud dwelling GOD is insane. There is no fucking god. How much proof do you praying defects need?
Sheesh, TaroB, calm down about it. Why get your knickers in such a twist over something you don't even believe in? Work it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,095,091
What life is like for Casey Anthony 12 min missattempts 180
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 54 min missattempts 245
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 8 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 25,770
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 hr EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,255
Ravelry.com connects arts-and-crafts lovers the... (Mar '09) 8 hr Regina 232
Armed Good Samaritan Comes To The Aid Of Stabbi... 10 hr caikminyc 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search