Posted in the Orlando Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Level 9

Since: Sep 11

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Upward of 30 people killed, 18-20 of them children were murdered at a Conn. elementary school. May heart goes out to the parents and families of the injured and killed.
Sammie Tooth

United States

#2 Dec 14, 2012
I smell Jose Baez defending this killer too.

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#4 Dec 14, 2012
Sammie Tooth wrote:
Dayz, you're an idiot. The shooter is dead. Anyway, this is about the dead and their families.

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Sammie Tooth wrote:
Watch the news--the killer is also among the dead. Jeez, a tragedy unfolds and you felt the need to say something this insensitive.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#6 Dec 14, 2012
This country needs better gun control, better help for the mentally ill and curb the media sensationalism.

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Since: Feb 09

Blue Lives Matter

#7 Dec 14, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
This country needs better gun control, better help for the mentally ill and curb the media sensationalism.
I cant believe the media would stoop so low as to interview some of the kids. That's just wrong!!

STM

“PROUD MEMBER OF THE”

Level 8

Since: Feb 09

Blue Lives Matter

#8 Dec 14, 2012
First responders are receiving mental health care because this is so horrific=(

“Dragon my tail.”

Since: Jun 09

Wherever

#9 Dec 14, 2012
STM wrote:
First responders are receiving mental health care because this is so horrific=(
I believe that. How would you ever wipe the image of the horror from your mind? I don't think I ever could. Those little ones were someone's babies. And I'm sure many of the first responders have little ones of their own.

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Chickasha, OK

#10 Dec 14, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that. How would you ever wipe the image of the horror from your mind? I don't think I ever could. Those little ones were someone's babies. And I'm sure many of the first responders have little ones of their own.
You are right these were babies. And the pain of the lost
past on down to the parents,Grandparents,aunt& uncles,
brother and sisters. It will not go away in a few days
scars have been put on the babies that lived and went to
that school.
God help them all.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11 Dec 14, 2012
I still see those babies being carried out of the
OK City bombing, Mousie.
In the firemans arms...

Level 6

Since: Aug 10

Chickasha, OK

#12 Dec 14, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
I still see those babies being carried out of the
OK City bombing, Mousie.
In the firemans arms...
Yes that was awful. My youngest son was there
and for a very long time he had a hard time
dealing with it.
He will not go to that aera now.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

isn't always a deal

#13 Dec 14, 2012
I was a first time mom with my baby in day care when the OK bombing happened, it took everything in power not to leave work, go get her and never leave the house again.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#14 Dec 14, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
I was a first time mom with my baby in day care when the OK bombing happened, it took everything in power not to leave work, go get her and never leave the house again.
Hi Sanka~~
I can understand how you would feel this way,
I'd feel the same way.
The OK City bombing was the first tragedy I ever watched
unfold on live tv. At first I thought it was an advertisement
for a disaster movie. I could not believe what I was seeing.
Then 9/11~~

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#15 Dec 14, 2012
If his was a reasonable issue between this kid and his famly, I sure wish he would have left the children out of it. Three of the guns he used were registered to his mother. Why in the hell did that woman need three freaking guns?

“Twofer one”

Level 8

isn't always a deal

#16 Dec 14, 2012
That's what I don't understand, WHY the kids, WHY?

I can't imagine a whole class of little ones being killed, who could do that?

Level 9

Weeki Wachee, Florida

#17 Dec 14, 2012
God, I hate autocorrect. It was supposed to be: If this was a unreasonable issue between this kid and his family.

It's just a same no one dealt with the warning signs.
KC H8TRS R DOLTS

Huntington, IN

#18 Dec 16, 2012
Spooky Mulder wrote:
If his was a reasonable issue between this kid and his famly, I sure wish he would have left the children out of it. Three of the guns he used were registered to his mother. Why in the hell did that woman need three freaking guns?
She was a gun collector. She took her son to the range and taught him to shoot.
She taught her killer how to kill.

The irony is rich.
You could be right

Tavernier, FL

#19 Dec 16, 2012
KC H8TRS R DOLTS wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a gun collector. She took her son to the range and taught him to shoot.
She taught her killer how to kill.
The irony is rich.
If you are going to Blame his Mother for this, you should blame Cindy Anthony for killing that Baby.

You can't always blame it on everyone els e other than the killers.

You sound like one of these people that want to be a copy-cat of this latest tragedy.

End it all without taking out others please.
Gluteus Maximus

Palm Coast, FL

#20 Dec 16, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
I've been wondering if the shooter resented the school kids because they were receiving attention from his mother that he thought he should be receiving? Certainly not a healthy mental attitude for an adult but I don't think anyone is saying this guy was mentally healthy. Perhaps his warped mind made those poor little kids out to be the villians. Very sad...

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 16, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
The answer is simple yet horrifying:

This person wanted to die and go out in a blaze of glory (to him). Many such offenders lead unremarkable lives and seek affirmation and recognition by committing these types of atrocities. They see themselves as mastermind villains in an exciting drama. I suspect he also wanted to ensure his death by committing an atrocity that would make cops shoot him, or alternatively, do something so terrible that he deserved to die. I find it curious that he committed this atrocity upon children. When offenders prey upon certain age groups, it usually indicted that is when, in their own development, something occurred that causes a fixation on victims of that age. It could be he felt slighted because his mother taught similarly aged children during that time in his life, and he thought they got all his mother's attention, or even experiencing some form of abuse at that age.

I don't think he planned on leaving that school alive. He may have envisioned a running battle to get to his car and the rifle in it, but that is where the story would have ended in any event.

We need to have a serious discussion about rational gun laws and the treatment of mental illness. Every recent shooter has had distinct warning signs, yet nothing was done to treat them and ensure they did not have access to firearms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,458,785
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr DaGood DaBad And ... 62,325
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 13 hr zazz 98,272
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 22 hr Maggie McGee 73,750
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Sun YIM 7,942
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sun Murphey_Law 512,863
News Hollywood hospital administrator quits after li... (Jul '08) Sun Catpeople 268

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages