Alejandro

Rego Park, NY

#1357 Jan 12, 2014
This must be some type of hater blog since it somehow concentrates around negative things that are surely present in PR. Yes, many people are not inclined to work hard or work at all. Partially it is due to the fact that American government subsidizing PR with all types of socials programs. And petty theft is rampant. Its an Island in the Caribbean and if someone paid me not to work I would rather be surfing all day rather then spend my energy making money for someone else's gain. In any case US government discontinued subsidizing PR government in 2009 so tons of people were laid off and this maid it tougher for everyone. Yes, it is hard to get anything done in PR. People operate on island time and you have to stay on top of them to make sure things get done the way you want. But my general experience was that Puerto Ricans are proud of their heritage and they say that they send all the people they do not want here in PR to the US. Its laid back, and I like it. Why do it today when you can do it tomorrow. Relax, the life if too short. You can enjoy your life here and not spend a ton of money to do it. And that is a beauty. In US you need to pay for everything. In PR you can still find places, deserted spots for hiking in rain forest, swimming in waterfalls or surfing and not spend a dime and that is awesome. Many times we been to Fajardo area and nearby islands and we love it there. Fresh seafood, nearby islands and beaches and all the fun things in the surrounding areas keep us coming back. Every time we discover something new. There is as much on the seaside as on the interior of the island to be discovered. I might be confusing tourism with living on the island but if I could find a steady source of income I would make a move.
David

Hill Afb, UT

#1358 Jan 15, 2014
The island is beautiful, the weather, during winter, is great. I have to agree with one point in the original post: The women ARE cheaters and opportunists. Don't marry Puerto rican women, or "portis" like my Mexican-American friends call them. They are serial cheaters and will get pregnant with some other dudes sperm and try to hand the child support over to you.
fuckpr

United States

#1359 Jan 27, 2014
i had a baby with a pr who came.from.there and let me tell u.....his family has to be the most disgusting ppl.i ever delt with....they think.there the sexiest ppl out there....hahaha right..since when is crusty hair sexy????there lazyyyyy omg n there always taking about la isla......THEN STAY THERE!!!!! all of uuuu shit give mexicans the papers they actually work...u people do not deserve papers or to come at ur free will to the states......u dnt belong hereeeeeeee ur fuckin lazy omg
fuckpr

United States

#1360 Jan 27, 2014
Nuckles wrote:
I am a white Floridian and I have been to Puerto Rico a few times. It is a beautiful island, awesome beaches and the people are nice. I truly understand why the Puerto Ricans are proud of their island. The Isabella Aguidilla area is awesome. I cant wait to visit PR again. And need I mention the FOOD!!!!!
If all of the haters on here took the time to understand the Puerto Ricans and thier culture you might find with in your self some understanding and acceptance instead of spewing cowardess racist BS in a message board.
blah blah haters blah blah ....dont u get xit dummy ....ppl do understand the culture n the island..THAT ITS A DUMP....how can you hate on a dump .....ppl are speaking there first hand experiences with this island and the ppl...i was neverrrr everr rascist untill i had a baby with a lazy ass pr and they way the treat my daughter is disgusting dont ask about her buy her things ...nothinggggg so shut ur ass up and next time read the topic headline.....idiot

“The Topix Legend of GS!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#1361 Jan 27, 2014
David wrote:
The island is beautiful, the weather, during winter, is great. u.
I just love Puerto Rico. I am not sure what the issue is with others unless they visited a densely populated area. I can say all of my experiences have been wonderful.

“The Topix Legend of GS!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#1362 Jan 27, 2014
Poll: 80% of stateside Puerto Ricans speak English at home

http://www.caribbeanbusiness.pr/news/poll-80-...

I say its because we have become part of the American mosaic. Just like every other group that's migrated here.

I spoke Spanish with my grandparents. But, one set of my grandparents were completely fluent in English. Although, they would make us grands do our best to speak in Spanish...Or if they got upset...Spanish it was and we have better have da*n well listened and understood them because they were not going to repeat themselves...LOL!

Ironically...Those were my grandparents who later migrated back to Puerto Rico in their retirement.

Frankly...They had no choice but to learn English...When they came to the states, they weren't babied and coddled with interpreters for this or that and Spanish signs everywhere you go... You see.....They learned pounding the pavements and exploring their way around NYC. They ended up doing quite well for themselves considering what their original circumstances were back in the island when they were young...

3 of my grandparents children and nearly all of their grandchildren went on to progress in higher education. My grandparents owned 2 Homes . Both here in NYC and later on another one in PR. One of their children who was my mom and another uncle went out to the suburbs and they both now live in Florida....I'm not saying any of this to brag. There is nothing to brag about. We started out as part of the "working classes" with my grandparents arrival here . They were just looking for their share of the dream just like everyone else.... Everyone's success varies.....Success is all a matter of "personal perspective" and "personal expectations".... My point?....Many of us Puerto Ricans followed the traditional migration trends just like the folks who arrived on ships to Ellis Island.

Some stayed PR's in NYC. Some eventually went out to the suburbs. Some went to other states from NYC.....Just like every other group who preceded them.
Chicana

Hill Afb, UT

#1363 Jan 29, 2014
I'm married to a hard working, college educated (master's degree) Boricua. He is the hardest working person I have ever known. His entire family is the same: Doctors, Teachers. I have been to the island a few times, and It is beautiful. There are some that take advantage of the system out there, but it is NOT everyone. Stop spreading the hate.
Ken

United States

#1364 Jan 31, 2014
Im from Colorado and I thought Puerto Rico was beautiful. The people I met were friendly and eager to show me around. The food was excellent. It may seem a little rough to some people but the whole world can't be rich stuck up judgemental people living in luxury. I'm going back for a extended stay next time. Shame people have to come in here and trash another culture.
lokito

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1365 Feb 16, 2014
yes on the omg i want to be a bad boy and be bad and horny . yeah puerto rico sucks in that side however in some things like fast foods and restaurant puerto rico excels very far and the beach resort its a coroco island. o sea for guys puerto rico is somewhat a not good place .i have been in california and the moment i stepped in the state i was already drinking beer seeing alot ppl naked it was easy to get a job that kind of crazy in here cant seem to find it puerto rico is too damn little it needs to expand its territory like japan make a fake island. i dont know if i look american but almost all hot and skinny blonde girls from california are into me and im a bit overweight i might move there but i also have a trusty friend(the 21 yo girl shes 23 now) i have a hard time leaving puerto rico. i might visit california and visit my cousins their rock stars and very good at what they do.
lokito

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1366 Feb 16, 2014
David wrote:
The island is beautiful, the weather, during winter, is great. I have to agree with one point in the original post: The women ARE cheaters and opportunists. Don't marry Puerto rican women, or "portis" like my Mexican-American friends call them. They are serial cheaters and will get pregnant with some other dudes sperm and try to hand the child support over to you.
muy cierto david girls are cheaters in this country infact i believe 60 percent are lesbians haha. i know a friend that marry a girl and he repents because of wehat you say child support he has like 5 kids most girls although he likes having a family he feels mad the girl cheated on him and she doesnt regret and is marrying another man
Ha ha

Ireland

#1367 Feb 17, 2014
A little hypocritical wouldn't you say.. Correcting somebody's English. But spelling the name of the country you are writing about incorrectly...
lokito

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1368 Feb 28, 2014
Chicana wrote:
I'm married to a hard working, college educated (master's degree) Boricua. He is the hardest working person I have ever known. His entire family is the same: Doctors, Teachers. I have been to the island a few times, and It is beautiful. There are some that take advantage of the system out there, but it is NOT everyone. Stop spreading the hate.
that must be the 5 percent like my brother used to say you got lucky not many are like that. im talking in a global point of view.
Reality

San German, Puerto Rico

#1369 Mar 2, 2014
Can't wait to get out of this toilet bowel.
There is nothing one can say that is positive about this place or its people.
I pray this country votes for it's independence. It would be an embarrasement to the United States if this Island where to be allowed statehood. I'm not going to go into details It would take up to much of my time to actually point out why this country is one of the many shit holes of the world.
Puerto Rico sucks

United States

#1371 Mar 9, 2014
Rafa wrote:
I bet my English is way better than your Spanish, unilingual stupid gringos.
Maybe you should leave PR, then you will see that your paid es in pedazo de mierda , llena de gente gorda y estupida.
enserio

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1372 Mar 13, 2014
Puerto Rico sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should leave PR, then you will see that your paid es in pedazo de mierda , llena de gente gorda y estupida.
this comment made me lol yeah when i went ot california i saw ALOT of job apportunities. i cant wait to live there and ppl in california are really nice. fat ppl are everywhere dude its the personality that matters and problem with puerto rico its what the poster said above this country think its to elitist which it not i mean their is no acceptance for ppl like me puerto ricans is a weak race although i dont kjnow the other races i have been in florida, boston, virginia, texas, and i can tell you california win my heart. how can you live in a world were there is lack of acceptance and love fuck that.
enserio

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1373 Mar 13, 2014
heck even my cousin from florida is eager to return to the united states is not just me.
enserio

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#1374 Mar 13, 2014
also another thing i dont like of puerto rico is half the women i meet only think of money they ask for what job or education your in its stupid where is the damn love, guys are ok though never had real issues but fuck that i dont want to have a family here.
lokito

Puerto Rico

#1375 Apr 2, 2014
im going to intern on another country then ill judge puerto rico so far the traffic and temperature. be it ppl are bad ill have to live in another country although i take back that puerto ricans are bad and weak race sorry about that.
LOOK AT FACTS

United States

#1376 Apr 4, 2014
Look at the facts, see crime rate statistics, the latest corruption statistics, cost of living, divorce rates, traffic , POLLUTION I COULD GO ON AND ON. EVEN THE PUERTO RICANS ARE ABANDONING THIS ROCK. PEOPLE HERE CLAIM PUERTO RICANS ARE HARD WORKING AND HONEST ( The puerto Ricans who are baby boomers are) but the value system here is non existant. EVERYBODY CLAIMS TO BELIEVE IN GOD , BUT THEY SHOW WHO THEY REALLY ARE BY HOW THEY INTENTIONALLY GO THROUGH RED LIGHTS, DO NOT CARE ABOUT TRAFFIC LAWS, DO NOT SHOW COMMON COURTESY. REVEIW WHAT ARE GOOD INDICATORS FOR A HAPPY SOCIETY, COMPARE PER CAPITA DATA WITH OTHER COUNTRIES AND YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH! HOW COULD A COMMONWEALTH IF IT ACHIEVES STATEHOOD BEING POORER THAN MISSISSIPPI BE A PARADISE. PUERTO RICO LO HACE MEJOR?
LOOK AT FACTS

United States

#1377 Apr 4, 2014
When puerto ricans are told about facts , instead of admitting (eg. polluting) that there is a problem will instead say " oh if you think this is bad you should see Santo Domingo" but in reality puerto ricans go to The Dominican Republic because the Dominicans treat tourists with respect and kindness ( who cares if it is non sincere) I still appreciate a professional ie. any person who takes pride in their work no matter what it is. The corruption is staggering, the majority of business here ( non US ESTABLISHED CORPORATIONS) never give estimates, sign or offer contracts, have 4 and above different last names, apeople with 2 or more real estate properties file for medical and food stamps, people drink and drive here always. When you comment about a factual observation
( being charged a higher price because you are a tourist or gringo) A puerto rican always becomes violent and claims you ( the victim of their societal and cultural norms) are a racist? Yet their are now 4.9 million Puerto Ricans who live in the United States. I use to think Howard Stern was out of line when he spoke about the Puerto ricans and how filthy they are, but it is true they keep there cars shiny and neat, shave there legs
( males!) but they wont repair their homes! I do hope they become independant so they can eat each other and leave the iguannas in peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 2 min The Poet 2,508
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 min Riverside 487,652
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min RealDave 1,110,464
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min OzRitz 46,797
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 2 hr Sacre bleu 293
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 4 hr marce-encore 97
What life is like for Casey Anthony 4 hr Thou shalt not kill 243
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••