Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

Judged:

I spent a weekend in Puerto Rico and it suxs. The sun will get you tan as soon as the plane lands. The beach is dirty. The traffic suxs and people don't speak english. I won't be back to that shit hole. Oh, and it's long fly too.
j faj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

I dont know where this man went but he did not went the best spots.
puerto rico sucks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2008

Judged:

j faj wrote:
I dont know where this man went but he did not went the best spots.
"he did not GO to the best spots" would be correct ENGLISH. Is Peurto Rico not US territory?
enman

Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Judged:

yes lol usa have bad spot and beatifull spot Puerto Rico too.
Bill

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

It is a real crap hole here. My wife and I had to move here for work, but we are almost free. It is a US territory, but you would swear you were in any other politically corrupt, Latin American country.

The whole "You don't need a passport" campaign is a joke. I consistently tell my friends and family to take the time and money to just get a passport and go to Mexico. It is cheaper there, and you know what to expect. The only difference between this place and Mexico is the food is worse here and the prices are higher than the US. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, their drug addicted criminals don't just kill each other (like in Mexico). Here they kill pregnant tourists as well.
Don

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

Totally agree with Bill. Puerto Rico is the bottom of the barrel in the Caribbean. Too bad, it could be a nice place...however, the locals have destroyed it. It is dirty and overpriced. If you want a nicer beach and lower cost, just go to Florida. If you want a nicer Caribbean vacation, just go to about a dozen other destinations in the Caribbean.
MMM1111

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

Don wrote:
Totally agree with Bill. Puerto Rico is the bottom of the barrel in the Caribbean. Too bad, it could be a nice place...however, the locals have destroyed it. It is dirty and overpriced. If you want a nicer beach and lower cost, just go to Florida. If you want a nicer Caribbean vacation, just go to about a dozen other destinations in the Caribbean.
Out of curiosity - why does the US hang on to it then?
rich34

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

You guys talk alot of crap!!! I moved here about a 1 1/2 years ago and I hated it. But as I am here for longer periods of time I get to enjoy all the beautiful spots It has to offer. Maybe if when you come on a vacation here you take a tour of the island you will find out how beautiful it is. Apart from the negative a dirty spots that you see. There are beautiful clean beaches also. Thats just like anywhere you go There are always good pots as well as bad ones.
Jen

Sparta, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Judged:

Good pot?? Puerto Rico has good pot???
I like Mexican Food

Grovetown, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2009

Judged:

I went to Cuba, and it sucked...Puerto Rico sucks too.
Stephen

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2009

Judged:

Thats becuase you all ghetto american trash have no sense of what enjoying life is and would try to save all your money for retirement to buy a trailer when your 80, instead of spending it in having fun and going to nice places.
Have fun in you little perfect house in the ghetto suburbs, and try to leave the US before everyone throws an atomic bomb in every corner, but keep paying taxes so us Puerto Ricans can live our paradise like rock stars!
Bill

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

rich34 wrote:
You guys talk alot of crap!!! I moved here about a 1 1/2 years ago and I hated it. But as I am here for longer periods of time I get to enjoy all the beautiful spots It has to offer. Maybe if when you come on a vacation here you take a tour of the island you will find out how beautiful it is. Apart from the negative a dirty spots that you see. There are beautiful clean beaches also. Thats just like anywhere you go There are always good pots as well as bad ones.
Like I said, I AM LIVING HERE. I have been all over the island, and there are beautiful places. The beauty is just offset by the morons who inhabit the island (and I am including myself in this group of morons for ever making the decision to move here). Even in the beautiful places (Barranquitas, Hormigueros, Mayauguez and the whole interior of the island) you find piles of trash and an attitude of learned helplessness. I whole heartedly support a Puerto Rican movement for independence. That way they can stop sucking of the US government teet.
Bill

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

Stephen wrote:
Thats becuase you all ghetto american trash have no sense of what enjoying life is and would try to save all your money for retirement to buy a trailer when your 80, instead of spending it in having fun and going to nice places.
Have fun in you little perfect house in the ghetto suburbs, and try to leave the US before everyone throws an atomic bomb in every corner, but keep paying taxes so us Puerto Ricans can live our paradise like rock stars!
Yes we SAVE our money, because we have a desire to pay our own way and not to live in the caserios. We have a sense of self-respect that prevents us from being worthless parasites, and actually causes us to be embarrassed about living on welfare. Yes we may be bombed by others who envy our success, but your "paradise" is being destroyed from within, because you are too stupid to think for yourselves and actually use the resources you have to EARN money.

ps If any of these word were too big for you, I will have my five-year-old translate it for you.
Bill

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2009

Judged:

MMM1111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of curiosity - why does the US hang on to it then?
It is purely a military advantage that is actually losing its value as such. It acts as a buffer and a jumping off point for an invasion of Cuba or an East Coast, naval invasion of the US. Also, we made the mistake of granting these idiots citizenship, and so now we are stuck taking care of them. Its better if we leave them here, rather than grant independence and risk them all jumping ship to the mainland.
Bill

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Judged:

newstyle120 wrote:
The locals that have jobs are all bad at them. The grocery store, gas station, garbage men, etc. etc. etc..
This pretty much sums it up. Work is a paid extension of their social lives, and something to make them feel better than those who take pride in living in section 8 housing.

Take a look at the number of public holiday's they have. It is not like the US where there might be things open. They have laws mandating that everything shuts down on these days, and they tend to take several days before and after the actual holiday off. Then they will complain that the economy sucks and the government is abusing them, and should give them more benefits, holidays, etc...

I pray every day for Puerto Rico's independence from the US. They are like herpes. You forget they even exist, but then they just pop up when you least want it, and only to irritate you.
WILLIE FLA

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2009

Judged:

BILL AND ALL YOU HATERS. YEAP, PR IS A TRUE SHIT HOLE, THE U.S. IS PERFECT NO CRIME OR DRUG PROBLEMS,
OR PEOPLE ON WELLFARE, EVERYONE HAS HEALTH INSURANCE
BEST WE GOT BILL WHOS FIVE YEAR OLD KID CAN EXPLAIN
IT.! TOO BAD BILL BRAIN'S IS AT BEST PEANUT SIZE AND IT CAN BE EXPECTED TO EXPLAIN IT HIMSELF!!!!!
SUCH A HATER!!!
Bill

San Juan, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

Judged:

WILLIE FLA wrote:
BILL AND ALL YOU HATERS. YEAP, PR IS A TRUE SHIT HOLE, THE U.S. IS PERFECT NO CRIME OR DRUG PROBLEMS,
OR PEOPLE ON WELLFARE, EVERYONE HAS HEALTH INSURANCE
BEST WE GOT BILL WHOS FIVE YEAR OLD KID CAN EXPLAIN
IT.! TOO BAD BILL BRAIN'S IS AT BEST PEANUT SIZE AND IT CAN BE EXPECTED TO EXPLAIN IT HIMSELF!!!!!
SUCH A HATER!!!
I never said the US was immune to the bullshit. They just have a significantly smaller likelihood of sucking off of the government, and since they pay federal taxes, I would think REAL citizens would be pissed if they knew the amount of their tax dollars going to the undeserving vagrants who live here.

I just wish Puerto Rico would quit spewing shit from the mouth while it keeps its hands in the pockets of the US. Take your independence. This floating turd doesn't have the balls to do so, because they know that they might finally get flushed. It is much more like Mexico here than the US, and it is only going to get worse, once the government here starts dropping all the worthless government employees.

Please, if you love PR than return to it. This island is the appropriate place for you. I will be leaving soon, and more than happy to make plenty of space for you and any other idiot who has romanticized this shit hole. Also, in the future, I would also be willing to have my five-year-old proofread your postings for spelling, grammar, capitalization and common-sense.
A NEW YORKER

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

I myself am a Puerto Rican. I have been living in P.R for about 2 years (maybe a few months shy of 2 yrs whatever). I moved from NY to Puerto Rico, because I HAD pride. Moving to P.R made me lose that pride I had (and I had a lot of pride). Puerto Ricans are in fact lazy; they work only b/c they feel like itís an obligation or something (cause let me tell you they work like shit). Service here sucks, the people think they are somewhat superior then all the rest of the world ...a.k.a they think their shit donít stink (4give my French) I can't wait to move back to NY. Everyone in P.R has like depression; hummm I wonder why, a lot of what the previous people have commented about above is 100% true. Puerto Ricans canít speak English, they are way lazy, it really doesn't take much to impress a Puerto Rican, and it is being destroyed within. The beautiful destinations are very few and take hours just to take a quick look at, people here going 2 a party or club is like going 2 a pub/ sports bar so the social life sucks and you have to put up with so much bullcrap. I WAS A PROUD PUERTO RICAN, NOW I JUST WANT TO MOVE BACK TO NY I HOPE THIS ISLAND SINKS. The only reason why this piece of shit isnít independent is because Puerto Ricans know if it were to become one they would have to go back to the sugar cane and like I said THEY ARE STR8 UP LAZY.

TRANSLATION... QUE SE JODA PUERTO RICO....DICHO POR UNA BORICUA SIN ORGULLO DE SER UNA. QUE MIERDA ES PUERTO RICO QUE VERG‹ENZA ES QUE PUERTO RICO HE CAMBIADO TANTO, Y NO POR EL MAL SI NO POR EL BIEN.
A NEW YORKER

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

Judged:

I AGREE WITH BILL 100% ALL HE SAYS IS TRUE ITS A SHAME THAT PUERTO RICANS CANT SEE THE TRUTH BEHIND YOUR WORDS AT LEAST I SEE AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR TRYING 2 SAY. PLZ BILL WHEN U LEAVE TAKE ME WITH YOU LOL.
Bill

Toa Baja, Puerto Rico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Judged:

Look, I always bash on this place, but I think it is out of frustration. This place has an enormous potential to be a first world country, but the problem is apathy, complacency and entitlement. Daily, I encounter very nice individuals, which are almost non-existent in the US today. I mean strangers that genuinely offer to help you without an angle (which feels creepy if you are from the US). However, these same people that are so thoughtful in some ways, are completely oblivious and thougtLESS in others.

I get pissed off because I had this romantic notion about life here, and Iam confronted daily with wasted potential. So, in order to make myself feel better :@), Here is my list of problems and how to fix them:

1) Trash: Pick it up. You live in likely the most beautiful place on earth, but I rarely see it because you use it as a dump. Stop wasting money on NEW parks and anything else that requires new maintenance. Use that money, just to pick up the trash and maintain your existing parks, and I bet you'll be amazed at what you have.

2)Traffic: This is a two-fer. Enforce traffic laws. This country is running a deficit like all the states in the US. However, they do not enforce the law here. Even a simple task like enforcing parking laws, will most likely reduce traffic (i.e. I keep having to pay because there is no place to legally park, so I won't drive) and generate a huge amount of revenue.

3)Stop Wasting Time: Every single day, I read about some strike or work stoppage because there is a perception of abuse. Seriously, this countries workers are some of the most expensive in the world (and it is not because they get paid a huge salary). Just do your job, and do it well. If someone is genuinely taking advantage of you, trust me it will not go unnoticed. However, if you do not do what your paid to do, you should get fired.

4) Stop Wasting Time: I know this was number 3, but the same goes for political capital. This country wastes a lot of time debating their status (independence, statehood, union monoply, etc...). I should not expect less, as it is evident in the everyday citizen, that this population is one with an external locus of control (it is everyone else's fault but my own, known here as the "ay bendito" phenomena). However, instead of debating your status as a country, why not just set it aside, and maximize the things that are under your control. Take advantage of your resources (i.e. agriculture, central port facilities, finance, beautiful tourist destination, etc...), and exploit them to their maximal potential. I feel like I'm talking to a teenager when I say, "stop worrying about everyone else, and just do what you know you're supposed to do". When you take responsibility for yourself, you also control your destiny. When this happens, then you can have a debate about what the next step is.

This just a list of hopeful things that I know would significantly change things here without "Americanizing" it. Unfortunately, I regret to say that in 10 years this place will actually be worse than it is now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 65
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min No Surprize 1,099,443
What life is like for Casey Anthony 12 min marce-encore 190
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min SpaceBlues 46,283
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr welfarestate 486,498
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr Rambler 17,612
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr AmyFaith 1,049
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 3 hr Lon Spector 28
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE