is there anything at Disney for older adults ?

Posted in the Orlando Forum

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 11, 2013
We are a older couple in our mid 60's. Thinking about visiting Animal Kingdom & Disney. We would not not be interesting in any of the rides.Is there entertainment shows or etc without the rides?
I am not sure which Parks other than Animal Kingdom to visit.
Any advice is appreciated.

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#12 Jun 11, 2013
More Walk Less Talk wrote:
We are a older couple in our mid 60's. Thinking about visiting Animal Kingdom & Disney. We would not not be interesting in any of the rides.Is there entertainment shows or etc without the rides?
LOTS of things available for older folks. Epcot is my first choice (my husband and I are older too, and now that the kids are grown, we pretty much skip The Magic Kingdom for Epcot and Animal Kingdom). Lots of special events including a food and wine expo that is extraordinary, a flower/garden show that is incredibly beautiful, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things!! Google for a schedule of special events. Animal Kingdom is also great if you're an animal lover and enjoy seeing the critters in amazingly natural surroundings. Two cautions-first, try to come in the cooler months. It is brutally hot at this time of year. Second, there's a LOT of walking at all the parks. If you're not able to walk long distances, rent a scooter or wheelchair. One final recommendation-if you're really splurging and not worrying too much about cost, stay at the Grand Floridian and schedule a dinner at Victoria and Albert's. NOT cheap, but a wonderful meal in elegant surroundings, something for special occasions. Also, they don't allow children under 16 in V&A's, so you're guaranteed an adult dining experience without the worry of having a very expensive meal ruined by screaming children. Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#13 Jun 11, 2013
All I can add to TOS's post is about the heat.
The animals are more active when it is cool.

“Smile...It Catches On !”

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere Very Pretty !

#16 Jun 11, 2013
Disney has a lot to offer for adults. My husband and I go every year and find plenty of things to do besides ride.

Level 7

Location hidden

#17 Jun 12, 2013
StayAway wrote:
<quoted text> Are you talking about the homosexual who attended Walt Disney Homosexual Gay Days ? Disney rips people off with high parking fees and over priced garbage and over priced junk from communist China . The Jewish Mafia are destroying America . Homo cocaine Obama only works for crooked Jews !
You needn't worry about it, PERVERT. They won't let you in. Banned for life. Between your drunken violence and "inappropriate interactions with children", they wisely threw you and the skankpig out, never to return. One more reason why Disney is a great place to go....ZERO chance of running into the pervert dwarf and his scabby ho of a "wife".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#22 Jun 12, 2013
More Walk Less Talk wrote:
Good morning~~
Please pay no mind to the mean person who has posted here.
All of this started because he was too cheap to pay the cover
charge at a Disney club.
We have had to look at his chicken scratch propaganda for YEARS
over his stupidity.

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#23 Jun 12, 2013
o2bndisney wrote:
Disney has a lot to offer for adults. My husband and I go every year and find plenty of things to do besides ride.
Hey O2; nice to hear from you again. To the OP, I concur with Pete, Tired, and O2. I'm in the middle of the road, where a stroll around World Showcase is as attractive as a few rides on Tower of Terror. My advice is to let your inner child fly- Take a ride on Norway's Maelstrom, or Carousel of Progress in the MK, or the WDW Railway, or Toy Story Mania in Disney Studios. Stake out a nice spot for Illuminations. Here's one: Horse and Carriage ride around Port Orleans Resort. At dusk, when the lights come on- EXCELLENT!

There are so many things to do at Disney for adults!!!

And don't get me started on the dining opportunities...

Level 7

Location hidden

#26 Jun 12, 2013
Tell The Truth For Once wrote:
<quoted text>Pervert ? Ron is a very honest America who loves his country and all other honest Americans . Nobody is perfect but Ron and his wife are close . Ron would give his life for just about anybody . Ron and his wife would never harm anybody and certainly not a child . But I will admit he does hate crooked cops and politicians long before their home invasion at their home and the attack at Walt Disney World . And sorry Darwin Ron is still alive .
Pervert. Liar. Criminal. We're sorry you're still alive too, you filthy perverted leech.
White Girl Problems

Spring, TX

#29 Jun 18, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
LOTS of things available for older folks. Epcot is my first choice (my husband and I are older too, and now that the kids are grown, we pretty much skip The Magic Kingdom for Epcot and Animal Kingdom). Lots of special events including a food and wine expo that is extraordinary, a flower/garden show that is incredibly beautiful, and I'm sure I'm forgetting things!! Google for a schedule of special events. Animal Kingdom is also great if you're an animal lover and enjoy seeing the critters in amazingly natural surroundings. Two cautions-first, try to come in the cooler months. It is brutally hot at this time of year. Second, there's a LOT of walking at all the parks. If you're not able to walk long distances, rent a scooter or wheelchair. One final recommendation-if you're really splurging and not worrying too much about cost, stay at the Grand Floridian and schedule a dinner at Victoria and Albert's. NOT cheap, but a wonderful meal in elegant surroundings, something for special occasions. Also, they don't allow children under 16 in V&A's, so you're guaranteed an adult dining experience without the worry of having a very expensive meal ruined by screaming children. Hope you have a wonderful time!!!
What kids? Your kids never screamed? You kids ruined your meals? ;-)

Level 7

Location hidden

#32 Jun 18, 2013
Tired of Silly wrote:
<quoted text> The Jewish Mafia will pick your pockets . These Jews do not protect the people they invite to their homosexual pedophile parks . Hitler did save Germany .
You'd be happily trolling for victims at Disney if you were allowed in, Pervert, and you know it. That's the reason you and the toothless hag went there, to troll for little girls. Disney did every parent a favor when they banned you from using such a wonderful place as a venue to drool over little girls, you filthy PERVERT. Now you're reduced to Seventeen magazine, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! PERVERT!

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#36 Jun 24, 2013
Since White Girl and Ron are both in agreement that they don't like WDW, all I can say is: GOOD!

That means there are two less crybaby asswipe douchenozzles that I KNOW I won't run into on my Disney World visits. We all knew about Ron, but White Girl's assured absence is a bonus.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#42 Aug 5, 2013
What about winter girls? I prefer the cold if I am going to pay for a vacation. We go to play in the snow, not die from heat exhaustion. Boo Hoo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min shinningelectr0n 1,144,218
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 48,593
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 5 hr Princess Hey 12,031
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 96,566
Attorney, former GOP candidate Deon Long disbarred 11 hr the circus is in ... 1
Bush Family skims one % from Domestic Violence ... 12 hr shamefully 6
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 hr bunner 489,660
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance