Wyndham CEO: Appeal is strong for time shares

Franz S. Hanning, 53, chief executive officer of Wyndham Vacation Ownership since it was spun off from Cendant Corp. Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Christie

Daytona Beach, FL

#1 Mar 27, 2007
All of those questions and no mention of the resale market? That's because owners are lucky to get 20% of the purchase price, if they are even able to sell.
Rick

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2007
Why didn't Hanning mention "WorldMark by Wyndam"?
The new name of the TrendWest product that many say is so oversold, that many "owners" can't get the time they were led to believe they could access. Apparently, according to a statistician on the left coast, they have sold more "credits" than the inventory of condo's can accomadate. Some say that's a rip-off, if not outright fraud! Maybe he didn't mention it because of all the lawsuits filed against that company by employee's, former employee's, and owners. Neither did Hanning mention the exchange company that Wyndam owns, RCI. The company that was supposed to be for Timeshare owners only. Now RCI takes the weeks that have been banked by owners, then rent them to the public, denying the timeshare owners the ability to make exchanges. RCI is also being sued.
Steve Wiley

Daly City, CA

#3 Mar 27, 2007
Wyndham is overaold, using the name of the compnay they purchased TRENDWEST RESORTS, GO TO abc7news.com 2/27/07 and you can see the news items from a year long investigation in California or go to the plantifss in case number C05-01991 in Superior Court of the State of Califronia contras Costa County. Or the lawsuit against RCI out of Nevada or New Jersey, this is one of the largest frauds in the history of timeshare. TrendWest now Wyndham is oversald and has defrauded over 250,000 individuals at a cost of over $5 billion since 1989. Call the plantiffs in the case or Mr. Wiley in Livermore California nd you will get the entire story
Rick

United States

#4 Mar 27, 2007
Was my comment removed as being "inappropriate" because I mentioned some lawsuits against them?
Is this a "Free Press"?
Steve Wiley

Daly City, CA

#5 Mar 27, 2007
abc7news.com on 2/27/2007 out of San Francisco after a year long investigation, stated the company was oversold and an owner had less than a 1% chance of getting into any of the resorts. The sales presentation states that you can take 4000 credits and get a week, if all 250,000 owners wanted two week with their 8000 credits, the program cannot possibly work. The company only owne 260,000 or less weeks. they need 500,000 weeks to fulfill what the company TrendWest has sold. This is a %5 billion dollar fraud on 250,000 owners and the lawsuit in NY and Nevada against RCI further supports the criminal acts of this company. The lawsuits filed in Contra Costa County Superior Court case number C05-01991 will prove this any many other facts as well as the Class Action lawsuit CGC04-434165 filed in SAn FRancisco Superior Court. This company has big problem and remember the two Executives of Cendantjust got a 10 and 12 year prison sentence and $6.55 Billion in fines Wall Street Journal 1/18/2007 page B7. Great Company-Honest People?
william teil

United States

#6 Mar 30, 2007
To paraphrase the old TV show 'Dragnet'.
"The name s have been changed to protect the guilty". Fairfield is trying to run away from themselves and RCI. It's too bad no-one asked Mr. Hanning how many Fairfield owners were satisfied with their purchase.
Bluebeards Castle Owners

Nashua, NH

#7 Mar 30, 2007
Gee Franz- why not tell the good readers about how your company will not arbitrate with timeshare owners in St. Thomas over this issues there? Don't forget to tell people how your employees and company have funded election campaigns for sympathetic owners so your company can get away from a multi-million dollar settlement.
It is sad to watch a person in your position turn his back on over 6000 owners because your company made a bad decision and force owners to go to court to recover stolen and misappropriatted money that ranges into the many millions.
Shame on you. shame on Fairfield. Shame on your legal team for stalling. Shame on the media for not picking up on the plight of Bluebeard's owners!
Bluebeards Castle Owners

Nashua, NH

#8 Mar 30, 2007
Don't forget the numerous resorts they manage which is a huge conflict of interest since the management company is suppossed to be working for owners NOT the developer. One cannot serve two masters. We all know that the developer owned management company is looking to help its owner NOT the actual owners it should. SHAME ON YOU Franz.....
Rick wrote:
Why didn't Hanning mention "WorldMark by Wyndam"?
The new name of the TrendWest product that many say is so oversold, that many "owners" can't get the time they were led to believe they could access. Apparently, according to a statistician on the left coast, they have sold more "credits" than the inventory of condo's can accomadate. Some say that's a rip-off, if not outright fraud! Maybe he didn't mention it because of all the lawsuits filed against that company by employee's, former employee's, and owners. Neither did Hanning mention the exchange company that Wyndam owns, RCI. The company that was supposed to be for Timeshare owners only. Now RCI takes the weeks that have been banked by owners, then rent them to the public, denying the timeshare owners the ability to make exchanges. RCI is also being sued.
Tony

United States

#9 Apr 22, 2007
This article is very misleading about the timeshare business. Fairfield Resorts sales employees brag about making $40,000-$50,000 per month while working only 30 hours. They do that my lying, misleading and cheating customers. They lie about the resale values, the ease of reselling and the usage or availability and don't always disclose the annual fees. This business is not regulated nearly enough and their recruiting metthods lure every salesperson looking to get rich quick, regardless of their tactics.
Fran

Madison, AL

#11 May 4, 2007
I am currently experiencing great disappointment in my timeshare which was Fairfield and is now Wyndham. I have owned for over 10 years and LOVED it but the customer service is almost non-existent now. I am a fixed week owner and no-one wants to help me. My unit has been damaged for over two years and I continue to pay all the fees with no compensated week. Can anyone offer any advise?
Craig

United States

#13 May 21, 2007
Judy,

No offense but you are very naive. Try googling "Nigerian scams".

Do your homework.

In the mean time Steve Douglas, GET LOST!
know nothing1852

Mount Dora, FL

#14 May 22, 2007
Fran wrote:
I am currently experiencing great disappointment in my timeshare which was Fairfield and is now Wyndham. I have owned for over 10 years and LOVED it but the customer service is almost non-existent now. I am a fixed week owner and no-one wants to help me. My unit has been damaged for over two years and I continue to pay all the fees with no compensated week. Can anyone offer any advise?
Go to the State and they will come in and Audit
Al Giles

Plainfield, IL

#15 May 31, 2007
Rick wrote:
Was my comment removed as being "inappropriate" because I mentioned some lawsuits against them?
Is this a "Free Press"?
Im having lots of problems with Wyndham. I would like to see the information about the lawsuit. Email me at AGiles9801@comcast.net
Thanks
retired agent

Auburn Hills, MI

#16 Jun 1, 2007
After owning 539000 points at Fairfield Glade Tennessee for 21 years, I have listed them with a local real estate agent & will be lucky to get 5% of my money back. I will NEVER go back there as they have removed all the Bibles from all the units, I asked mg't & got no firm answers, they said this was voted on by the Ass'n directors, I asked for minutes of the meeting & they refused to give them to me!! I asked for the Bibles, they would not tell me where they were.
Rick

Osage Beach, MO

#17 Jun 8, 2007
Al,
Scroll up to post # 5 dated March 27th by "Steve Wiley" There you will see two case numbers. One in Contra Costa County, and one in San Francisco. You can log on to the Superior Court web sites of these ( and other )Counties...ie Sacramento, Santa Clara, and I suppose Counties in all States. I think you'll be suprized. You can also "GOOGLE" Lawsuits against.....( I did TrendWest in CA. and it appeared that there may have been over 700. I'm not sure because I don't have time to read them all. Good Luck!
Kristina Townsend

Ketchikan, AK

#18 Jun 12, 2007
I stayed in apt 1211 for 3 weeks at Blue Beards and ended up suffering from toxic mold poisoning. I guess that whole floor is unlivable because of it. Anyone else aware of this?
mir abdul sofique

Agra, India

#19 Jun 12, 2007
hi
Carl Spackler

Miami, FL

#21 Jun 13, 2007
retired agent wrote:
After owning 539000 points at Fairfield Glade Tennessee for 21 years, I have listed them with a local real estate agent & will be lucky to get 5% of my money back. I will NEVER go back there as they have removed all the Bibles from all the units...
Um...you could always bring your own Bible in? Just a thought. My guess is you DO bring your own Bible, but that you just want to enforce your own beliefs on other timeshare owners. Last I looked, this was the USA and people are free to worship anyway they want. If a timeshare community wants to get rid of Bibles, that's their right. It's also yours not to go back. Seems like a win win. But it also seems like by selling at such a drastic reduction a thing you enjoyed for so long for something so silly, you are cutting off your nose to spite your face. Good luck to you!
Oleg Shambra

Sacramento, CA

#22 Jul 6, 2007
I bought 9000 credits/points in April and I said no to the sales person. She called her Supervisor who said what don't you like about and what can I do to have you buy this. I told him about the cancelation policy where you only have 7 days to cancel and then it's yours 4 ever... He said I will cut you a special deal. Since I have good credit history he said no down-payment (10%) and no payments for 6 months. I would also, his words, "Have one year to try the program and cancel ANYTIME within 1 year!" I belived him and bought it. I came home and called the Customer services number which confirmed to me that if the manager said that it could be done, then it is. I also belived them... Next month I have recieved a month charge for the up-keep of the houses. They took out $1200 for the down-payment and $158 for the loan since I didn't pay the full price right away. I come back to the place where I bought this crap from (Roseville, CA) and the same F@!$ER says, "I didn't say that, You can't cancel this contract!" I am now asking around for legal help for someone to help me get my money back. I had an inturpretur with us who translated the who conversation to my wife and me, even though we didn't need one but the supervisor wanted us to be safe... I'm looking for an attorney who could help me get my money refunded and compensation for going through all this B>S>T. DONT BUY FROM TRENDWEST!!!
Rick From roanoke

Goodview, VA

#23 Jul 6, 2007
Hello all great facts....In 1999 I recieved a timeshare to Club Land'or in exchange for deducting $1000 off of a contracting bill for a lawyer that said he had recieved it in a divorce settlement. He thought it would be a great gift for a soon to be married couple. After paying the transfer fees and the first year's maintenance fees, I found very quickly I could not trade anywhere of value. I contacted them and they said they were not authorized to buy back real estate in Va. I finally tried to give it back as it was "all paid for". The maintenance fees are around $1100 per usage and I can trade nowhere. So I did not pay for five years. Now they are trying to sue me for these fees. They have also suggested they do not "have to tell you what we use our maintenance fees for." This place is a worthless dump. Look at the reviews on the not "paid for" travel sites. Since it is of value and is paid for why are they so unwilling to take this property back. Court is coming up soon any help for me please respond. A special thanks to the lawyer who thought enough of a young couple to saddle them with this millstone. thanks John Cl--k

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 min LizW 488,710
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min flack 1,126,706
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 40 min LizW 70,500
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 59 min LizW 17,704
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 7 hr Princess Hey 9,104
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 17,166
two words (Jul '10) 7 hr Princess Hey 26,910
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 15 hr Mary NY 25,891
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]