4 moms killed in crash on way to theme park

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Four Miami-area women traveling to Universal Orlando for a weekend birthday celebration were killed Saturday when their sport-utility vehicle crashed into an overturned pickup truck, authorities said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fair is fair

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

The guy that flipped his pick-up had MINOR injuries? I guess he wasn't inside when it got hit by 2 cars and a semi....
tourist

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

If you had read the article, the people in the front seat were wearing seat belts, second parents deserve some time off too.
You have my pity for being so narrow.
WTF wrote:
No seat belts? Where were their kids?
Model parents I'm sure.
Hope they finished their cell phone calls.
Les

Stryker, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

What a tragedy. May God bless them and their children. I will be praying for them.
Room full of idiots

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Judged:

You're an idiot and a coward. I would love to put my hands around your throat and squeeze until your eyeballs pop out.
WTF wrote:
Model parents I'm sure.
joannie

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Judged:

WTF wrote:
Model parents I'm sure.
thank God it wasn't your kids huh they are perfect and you go no where without them I bet. Maybe you don't have any children so you are not aware of what it is like to be a parent. My sympathy to the family of all these girls. My prayers are with you at this time.
Lauren

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

WTF wrote:
Oh well 4 less black women in the world to give birth to more criminals..Ask how i know they were black..Look at the names..No one else would name there children such screwed up names..
May God have mercy on you. You're a sad lonely person, who craves attention. I'll pray for you.
Lois Lane

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Judged:

NippleHead wrote:
19, and sisters Nashaundra Gavins, 19, and Naquanza Gavins, 24 -- died later at area hospitals.
Look at the names. Who has kids at 19. Aren't they still kids? I would bet that either alocohol or drugs played a part in their accident. Why would they leave at 3am? Dont even say traffic. These were party chicks who were not paying attention and went to meet their maker. Sh_t happens.
Nip, a lot of people leave on road trips early in the morning to avoid traffic. I bet they were thinking they'd arrive at Disney's gates at around 7am and be the first to get there.
No crime that they wanted to have a day to themselves.
And for all the ones here making snide remarks- be very happy that you are not reading about members of your own family.
No matter what your opinion is about these ladies lifestyle, I am sure that your own could be easily critiqued by someone else and yourself come out looking less than perfect.
My condolences to these women's families.
fair is fair

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Lois Lane wrote:
<quoted text>
Nip, a lot of people leave on road trips early in the morning to avoid traffic. I bet they were thinking they'd arrive at Disney's gates at around 7am and be the first to get there.
No crime that they wanted to have a day to themselves.
And for all the ones here making snide remarks- be very happy that you are not reading about members of your own family.
No matter what your opinion is about these ladies lifestyle, I am sure that your own could be easily critiqued by someone else and yourself come out looking less than perfect.
My condolences to these women's families.
All I know is that my loved ones travel 95 and it could just have easily been one of them. When I travel I always leave at 4:00 in the morning to make better time. Everyone needs to slow it down on that road at that time of the night/morning.
Lou

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

WTF wrote:
Oh well 4 less black women in the world to give birth to more criminals..Ask how i know they were black..Look at the names..No one else would name there children such screwed up names..
I am white, and I would much rather have those 4 young black women on this Earth instead of you, WTF. You are what is wrong with this world. You need help.
with respect

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

my prayers are with the children and families who are left behind. this is so sad.
A Longtime S Fla Resident

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Very sad for all the families. Behave responsibly. They were just going to have a day off for themselves. Their poor families. This could happen to anyone.
Debra Williams

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

I am very sorry this had to happen.
These young lady will truly be missed. My Prayers are with the families. May God have mercy on the families.

With love form the Williams family.
blackjack

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

I would like car manufactures to come up with a device that would activate a flashing red light within the vechile to alert other drivers when a car is involved in a collision, this may save some lifes in the future.
rodney

Lawrence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2006

Lauren wrote:
<quoted text>
May God have mercy on you. You're a sad lonely person, who craves attention. I'll pray for you.
you'll answer to God one day for those comments. I knew those girls, i bet you white, for you to say that sickins me. Keep your comments to yourself and show some respect. Imagine that being your mom and her friends, i'll pray for you tonight.
Emma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2006

SEAT BELTS Saves LIFES. Please everyone learn something from this tragedy. Wear your seat belt.
PeaceforUSA-MI

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2006

What a tragedy. It is so hard to drive on these highways today because there are many bad drivers, wreckless drivers on the roads. I drive the major highways in MI and always get to work an hour early to avoid the rush. It is like you need 4 sets of eyes to watch everything going on around you.
My prayers and sympathy to the children and families of these young women.
its me

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2006

you really can't say that you should wear seatbelts andy from tampa, yes it does make some difference but the one who was driving was wearing a seatbelt and she still dies...i mean if its you time then its your time. its all up to GOD!!
mary

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2007

I had the pleasure of working with two of the young ladies and they both were very hard workers who put there kids first even though many dont agree why were the kids weren't with them it was a vacation and for all four girls to get away. And for those who question there lifestyle if you didn't know them like I had the pleasure you shouldn't TALK!
News Maven

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2007

FYI
Orlando Sentinel April 3, 2007

Osceola County -- A man who lost control of his car and caused a four-vehicle crash that killed four women last fall on Florida's Turnpike was arrested Tuesday after tests indicated he had been driving drunk. Shawn Michael Walker, 29, is charged with four counts of driving under the influence-manslaughter and two counts of DUI with serious bodily injury. He was booked into Orange County Jail. He is scheduled for trial October 29, 2007 in Osceola County.
I knew them

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2007

Today marks the one year anniversary of their deaths. To the families, especially the children left behind, my prayers are with u. Remember to tell people u love them because u never know when the next time u will see them.

Love,
their extended family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RUSH10ME 1,082,711
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min SpaceBlues 45,857
Review: Clear Sky Financial LLC 49 min Samuel Lewis 6
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) 1 hr Ron Wells 19
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr AN other 484,277
Tips to finding a roofing contractor (May '09) 2 hr Courtney Galler 4
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr RetiredProfessional 50
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000