Bobcat sighting spooks pet owners

Windermere, there's a razor-clawed bobcat on the prowl, and your pets are on the menu. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stepheno3

Clermont, FL

#1 May 26, 2007
I think that perhaps it is just a very large cat, and not a BobCat!
trtsmb

Tampa, FL

#2 May 26, 2007
What a bunch of wusses. Maybe these people with more money than brains will realize that a bobcat is a beautiful animal that should be appreciated.
Real Estate Analyst

Orlando, FL

#3 May 26, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
I think that perhaps it is just a very large cat, and not a BobCat!
I think you are incorrect.
Real Estate Analyst

Orlando, FL

#4 May 26, 2007
trtsmb wrote:
Maybe these people with more money than brains
Money, or class warfare, has nothing to do with it. You people see a word like "Windermere" and get all petty and jealous, its rather pathetic. FYI, this story takes place NEAR Windermere, not in it, so save your snide little jealous comments.
margaritanlime

Casselberry, FL

#5 May 26, 2007
Where do people expect these animals to go? It did say "woods". Their habitats are being destroyed, no one told them they weren't allowed to "be" anymore.

Perhaps Stephen-O is right, it could be a Serval.
Real Estate Analyst

Orlando, FL

#6 May 26, 2007
margaritanlime wrote:
Perhaps Stephen-O is right, it could be a Serval.
Doubtful. Servals are native to Africa. The big cats referred to in the story are indigenous to FLA. Besides, Stephen03 is usually wrong anyway.
margaritanlime

Casselberry, FL

#7 May 26, 2007
Real Estate Analyst wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful. Servals are native to Africa. The big cats referred to in the story are indigenous to FLA. Besides, Stephen03 is usually wrong anyway.
True, but they are kept as pets here and I'm wondering if perhaps someone turned one loose....I will plead the fifth on the latter comment!
margaritanlime

Casselberry, FL

#8 May 26, 2007
Real Estate Analyst wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful. Servals are native to Africa. The big cats referred to in the story are indigenous to FLA. Besides, Stephen03 is usually wrong anyway.
Actually, I'm not surprised at seeing Bobcats in the wild, they are running 24/7 digging up trees to build more houses.....(that was tongue in cheek....bobcat...skid steer loader....get it? Bad joke.)
Cat

United States

#9 May 26, 2007
Whats wrong with an animal that eats Mice, rabbits, Rats and small dogs?
Bobcat Lover

Clearwater, FL

#10 May 26, 2007
A correction: bobcats are not "also called lynxes" -- they are two different species entirely, although they do looked somewhat similar (spotted coat, short tail, tufts of fur on tips of ears). North American lynxes don't come as far south as Florida. Bobcats are all over Florida. As more and more of Florida gets developed, bobcats have less room. Unless it is rabid, a bobcat is extremely unlikely to attack a human. As far as preying on pets, I doubt a pet would be a bobcat's first choice but -- if it's hungry -- yes, it might attack a pet. Still, overall, I believe a bobcat would prefer to stay as far away from humans as possible.
Cat

United States

#11 May 26, 2007
I like small dogs, they taste like chicken.
trtsmb

Tampa, FL

#12 May 27, 2007
Real Estate Analyst wrote:
<quoted text>
Money, or class warfare, has nothing to do with it. You people see a word like "Windermere" and get all petty and jealous, its rather pathetic. FYI, this story takes place NEAR Windermere, not in it, so save your snide little jealous comments.
Actually, I lived in Winter Park for awhile until I got fed up with the stuck up, arrogant attitude that you've displayed.
margaritanlime

Casselberry, FL

#13 May 27, 2007
trtsmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I lived in Winter Park for awhile until I got fed up with the stuck up, arrogant attitude that you've displayed.
HAHAHAHAHA! There are those who are so impressed with themselves that any remark towards WP or anyplace remotely like it is taken as jealousy. I'm with you! We can't have a conversation about anything without it coming down to "my home is better than yours". This thread is about someone elses home being taken away and those who took it want to complain when they try to co-exist. Sad.
Produce Pete

Orlando, FL

#14 May 27, 2007
margaritanlime wrote:
We can't have a conversation about anything without it coming down to "my home is better than yours".
I think you're imagining things. No one said "my home is better than yours." It is rather illuminating that you've read that into this thread, though.

I think its sad that no one can mention Windermere, Winter Park, Isleworth, Lake Nona, etc., without some disgruntled person piping in with petty negative comments and absurd generalizations about 'rich people' and 'snobs.'

Anyone who thinks that everyone living in Windermere or Winter Park is "rich" is smoking something funny. That's simply not reality.
Produce Pete

Orlando, FL

#15 May 27, 2007
trtsmb wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I lived in Winter Park for awhile until I got fed up with the stuck up, arrogant attitude that you've displayed.
This story is about Windermere, not Winter Park. Your comment is basically irrelevant to this discussion, or about as relevant as your personal opinion of the 'attitude' of every man, woman and child living in Boca Raton or Key Biscayne. I don't live in WM or WP, and personal attacks are just more petty little snipes indicative of a greater, latent issue (an issue that has nothing to do with Bobcats or Windermere). Grow up, please.
Produce Pete

Orlando, FL

#16 May 27, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
I think that perhaps it is just a very large cat, and not a BobCat!
What makes you think that?
margaritanlime

Casselberry, FL

#17 May 27, 2007
Produce Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're imagining things. No one said "my home is better than yours." It is rather illuminating that you've read that into this thread, though.
I think its sad that no one can mention Windermere, Winter Park, Isleworth, Lake Nona, etc., without some disgruntled person piping in with petty negative comments and absurd generalizations about 'rich people' and 'snobs.'
Anyone who thinks that everyone living in Windermere or Winter Park is "rich" is smoking something funny. That's simply not reality.
I simply responded to someone elses post, and you are proving their point quite nicely. Thanks.
Bobcat

Lady Lake, FL

#18 May 27, 2007
Yes there are bobcats here i lost a cat to one on my roof they both ran up the tree an on the roof the cat never came down on his own SUCKS but they gotta eat too!
Produce Pete

Orlando, FL

#19 May 27, 2007
margaritanlime wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply responded to someone elses post, and you are proving their point quite nicely. Thanks.
And I simply responded to your rather absurd post. That you are continuing a totally irrelevant tangent to this discussion tells me all I need to know. You seem obsessed with who lives where, and what opinions they are allowed to express, and making flip, petty comments. FYI, this thread is about bobcats near Windermere.

Perhaps someone can chime in with some more irrelevant, spiteful comments about the 'attitudes' of people in Casey Key, Coral Gables, Star Island, or Sewall's Point?
margaritanlime

Casselberry, FL

#20 May 27, 2007
Produce Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
And I simply responded to your rather absurd post. That you are continuing a totally irrelevant tangent to this discussion tells me all I need to know. You seem obsessed with who lives where, and what opinions they are allowed to express, and making flip, petty comments. FYI, this thread is about bobcats near Windermere.
Perhaps someone can chime in with some more irrelevant, spiteful comments about the 'attitudes' of people in Casey Key, Coral Gables, Star Island, or Sewall's Point?
Yes, I know what it's about and no matter how many times you change your name, we know who you are. I was talking about the cats. Why don't you? You are the one who brought up the absurdities to begin with. I'm not going to get into your pettiness again. This will be my last post on the matter so if you want to continue this, continue with someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Incognito4Ever 1,155,823
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,319
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr Anne 96,700
Florida clerks won't give gays marriage licenses 11 hr NorCal Native 21
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 hr H A N S 490,363
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) 13 hr US Citizen 1,303
Christmas lights? 17 hr Jaimee 1
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:23 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:23PM
Previewing Buccaneers' 2015 Free Agency
Bleacher Report 3:52 AM
Bucs' Complete Week 17 Preview vs. Saints
NBC Sports 6:52 AM
Louis Murphy gets three-year extension from Bucs
ESPN 6:52 AM
Buccaneers give Murphy a 3-year extension
NFL 7:01 AM
Louis Murphy, Buccaneers strike contract extension