Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

zazz wrote:
Casey Anthony: How did reporter get bankruptcy story?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, WKMG
— posted by halboedeker on January, 26 2013 10:31 PM
In breaking the news that Casey Anthony had filed for bankruptcy, Adam Longo highlighted that it was “the first time Anthony has spoken with a news reporter on the record since her daughter’s death in 2008.”
Longo also broke the news in September that Anthony had left Florida, although her time out of state was brief.
The Anthony camp obviously feels comfortable with Longo, who reported for WKMG-Channel 6 and later Central Florida News 13. He now works at KPHO, the CBS station in Phoenix. The Anthony team continues to reach out to him on the national story.(He will be featured on WKMG at 11 p.m. Saturday.)
“I have had multiple ‘off the record’ conversations with Casey, dating back to 2008 when I worked for Local 6,” Longo said in an email Saturday.“More on that will unfold as the week goes on,” he teased.
CNN’s Piers Morgan in June relayed comments from a phone conversation he had with Anthony.
“It’s my understanding from both Cheney Mason and Casey Anthony personally that the conversation with Piers Morgan was off the record, and she told me she was upset when she saw the program air where everything she said to him was paraphrased,” Longo said.“Based upon that, I felt comfortable saying this was the first time she authorized herself to be quoted for a news story.”
I asked Longo about getting the latest Anthony story.
Q. How long did you have with Anthony on the phone?
A.“I spoke to Anthony for less than five minutes. The majority of the conversation was off the record.”
Q. How many questions were you able to ask?
A.“It wasn’t an interrogation. I asked her a couple things about the bankruptcy and then made small talk. It had been made clear by her attorney she would not discuss anything to do with her active cases (including the criminal appeal). He, Chuck Greene, was adamant about that, and I respected that boundary.”
Q. How did she sound?
A.“She sounded eager to move on with her life. It’s clear that she has a fondness for her legal team, but at the same time she doesn’t want to be joined at the hip to them. She needs to be accessible to them constantly because of the multi-faceted legal problems she faces.”
Q. How quickly did this story come together?
A.“Attorney Charles Greene told me the process of getting this bankruptcy filing together took weeks. I wasn’t told about it until late Friday night.”
Q. Why do you think you were able to break the story?
A.“I think I’ve established a good rapport with all of the people involved in this story in some form or fashion, including with Casey Anthony herself. She and I have had multiple conversations over the years that helped to establish a trust and a mutual respect. I have been able to break multiple exclusive stories over the years because I stick to my word, and other sources trust me to quote them accurately and not break their confidentiality. There’s a lot of negativity directed toward the media in regards to this case, and that’s because certain ‘journalists’ have decided to make themselves the centerpiece of the story. Or they misrepresent someone’s intentions and actions. Or they break their word to sources who have trusted them. Attorneys and others, including Casey Anthony, know that I am completely objective, and I have no agenda other than presenting the facts in the most fair and straightforward manner.”
Q. Could you get the first televised interview with her?
A.“Who knows?”
WHO CARES!!! LOL

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Recent court filings show Casey Anthony could be back in Central Florida, would you be OK if she lived near you?

Yes(15%)

No(51%)

I don't care(34%)

This poll is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those internet users who have chosen to participate.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

I wouldn't want her living near me, I'd be charged with assault and battery. She would cause me to lose my self control. And my religion.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

JonBenet Ramsey’s parents indicted in the 6-year-old teen pageant queen's mysterious Boulder murder 13 years ago

A Colorado grand jury passed down the indictment of John and Patsy Ramsey on a charge of child abuse resulting in death, though Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter has said his office lacks enough evidence to file charges on anyone suspected in the caper.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, January 28, 2013, 12:03 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jonb...

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

1/2

What does bankruptcy filing mean for Casey Anthony's future?

Casey Anthony, the Central Florida mother acquitted of killing her two-year-old daughter Caylee, has filed for bankruptcy.

By Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel
9:37 p.m. EST, January 28, 2013

The national spotlight has shined harshly on former murder defendant Casey Anthony.

Last week, Anthony filed for bankruptcy in a move her legal team said it hopes will ratchet down the media attention and help her move on with her life.

"She can't take another year of this," Anthony's civil attorney Charles M. Greene said Monday.

Many questions surround the Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing, and lawyers had differing opinions on the answers.

•Will the bankruptcy put an end to lawsuits pending against Anthony?

•Could she profit from a future book or movie deal?

•Will she have to pay investigative costs incurred by law officers who searched for her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee?

Anthony, 26, was charged with first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter of a child, aggravated child abuse and lying to law enforcement about Caylee's 2008 disappearance. She was found guilty in 2011 only of four counts of lying to law officers. Last week, an appeal court tossed out two of those convictions.

If a judge approves Anthony's bankruptcy, it could put an end to three lawsuits pending against her, including one by Zenaida Gonzalez.

She claims Anthony defamed her when the young mother falsely claimed a nanny with a similar name had kidnapped Caylee. Gonzalez's attorneys in November got approval from a judge to delay the civil trial.

The bankruptcy action stops all lawsuits against Anthony and prevents her creditors from trying to collect, several attorneys said.

Todd Budgen, an Orlando bankruptcy lawyer not involved in the case, said he thinks the bankruptcy court is likely to toss out Gonzalez's claim because it doesn't fit any category of debt that the law permits to remain outstanding. Those include certain tax obligations, most student loans, claims involving willful and malicious injury by the debtor and debts involving fraud.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Casey says in her bankruptcy papers that she has no animals.

Did she murder the puppy?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the link Zazz.Defence can try and spin this all they want,but let's face it,she's filing now to cover her skanky ass,because down the road,she's going to try and make money again.
As always Lisa, you're on the money.

I'm sure whatever it is, it is already in the works.

Please tell me she's not going to write a book and deny murdering her baby girl.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Sweet53 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO CARES!!! LOL
ROFLMAO.

Hi there.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Where did this unemployed skank get $474?

Maybe she's doing BJs in the clubs at night. She'll stoop to anything and Lord knows she likes to stoop for that.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
CASEY ANTHONY TO BE PARALEGAL?!
Published on: January 28, 2013
By NATIONAL ENQUIRER staff
Exonerated murder mom CASEY ANTHONY’s lawyer says she may become a paralegal.
Anthony, 26, has been unemployed for the past four years while facing murder charges and probabtion after being convicted on charges of lying to law enforcement. But one thing she does know NOW is the intimacies of the legal system, her attorney says.
While Anthony is nearly $800,000 in debt with less worth than $1,100 of assets, according to her bankruptcy filing, her latest attorney Charles Greene threw the media and Casey haters a real curveball.
"I truly believe that she has a lot of skills," Greene told ABCNews.com .
"She's better than many paralegals I know. She could be a paralegal or something like that right away. She is very organized, a very intelligent, very computer savvy person, so I think her skills and her desire may lie somewhere in that field."
Greene also said Anthony "believes strongly in our justice system" and that "she may be the type that ends up trying to work within our system to make our system better rather than being a person who's trying to break it down."
Stranger things have happened…
**NATIONAL ENQUIRER
I thought you're not allowed to file bankruptcy for debt you incurred when you deliberately caused the legal trouble to begin with? How is that right?
Sounds like this latest ambulance chaser's enjoying her 'lip service' as much as Biaz did;)

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

The National Enquirer claims she was exonerated.

Not in a million years will she ever be exonerated.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Casey Anthony on the beach: First pictures reveal 'most hated mom in America's' life of freedom as she breaks silence to complain of 'things holding me back'

Never before seen pictures of the 'most hated mom in America' are first in more than a year
Anthony spoke out to say filing for bankruptcy is 'the next step towards closure for me'
26-year-old now believed to be living near Cape Canaveral, Florida
Her lawyer says she's a 'virtual prisoner' and 'she can't even work at McDonald's because people would be looking at her instead of the menu'

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270254/Case...
Sweet53

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO.
Hi there.
Hello Zazz,!!!

Oh gosh I'm still at work.
Slow slow day.....
Sweet53

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

zazz wrote:
Casey Anthony on the beach: First pictures reveal 'most hated mom in America's' life of freedom as she breaks silence to complain of 'things holding me back'
Never before seen pictures of the 'most hated mom in America' are first in more than a year
Anthony spoke out to say filing for bankruptcy is 'the next step towards closure for me'
26-year-old now believed to be living near Cape Canaveral, Florida
Her lawyer says she's a 'virtual prisoner' and 'she can't even work at McDonald's because people would be looking at her instead of the menu'
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270254/Case...
Eweeeh PUKE ON the pics!!!, she should be in PRISON for what she did to her little girl!!! The sight of her makes me sick!
Sweet53

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

zazz wrote:
The National Enquirer claims she was exonerated.
Not in a million years will she ever be exonerated.
BIG DIFFERENCE.
Oh so true, and thanks for the article ZAZZ,
I feel another boycott coming on....

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

zazz wrote:
Casey says in her bankruptcy papers that she has no animals.
Did she murder the puppy?
That girl lies just to lie!

Or maybe Cindy better ck. the backyard or better yet the swamp.

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you're not allowed to file bankruptcy for debt you incurred when you deliberately caused the legal trouble to begin with? How is that right?
Sounds like this latest ambulance chaser's enjoying her 'lip service' as much as Biaz did;)
I don't know how that works in Florida.
You would think she would have waited till after the judgment in the Zieneda trial. Maybe Mr. Sheaffer would know...???
And when are they ever going to address her lieing counts?
It's been weeks.
That girl needs to go down somehow and not in the way she wants.
I sill watching and hoping she will get her just deserts.

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

zazz wrote:
"I think she may be the type that ends up trying to work within our system to make our system better rather than being a person who's trying to break it down," Greene concluded in the ABCNews.com interview.
What a load of horse shit.
She loved braking the system down and would love helping others do so.
LOL truer words were never spoken...(the horse shit part)!!!LOL

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

chuckycheez_68 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you....long time no see.
Hey chuckycheeZ I have been listening to Levin on a reg. basis these days!(just to let yah know).
A girl needs some kind of encouragement in this day and age!
(still packing)....(and not my suitcases)!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 24,561 - 24,580 of25,465
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,071,807
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Stop Global Warming 45,445
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr Murphey_Law 482,895
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr zazz 96,280
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 14 hr Riverside 70,385
Disabled veteran and his service dog beaten by ... 15 hr matin wilkins 1
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 16 hr Maverick 808 17,549
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••