“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#25410 Jan 8, 2013
‘The liberation of Casey Anthony’s mouth’: a line to remember

Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13

— posted by halboedeker on January, 8 2013 2:51 PM
Mark NeJame, legal analyst for Central Florida News 13, provided memorable commentary after the Casey Anthony appeal ended Tuesday afternoon.

One NeJame line stood out. News 13 anchor Jackie Brockington wanted to know how the appeal would affect the civil case — Zenaida Gonzalez’s defamation suit — against Anthony.

The appeal won’t matter, NeJame said,“except for the liberation of Casey Anthony’s mouth. She is going to have to talk at some point in the civil case, once this case is over, whichever direction it goes in.”

Anthony’s attorneys are appealing her four misdemeanor convictions of lying to law enforcement.

Anthony was not at the hearing at the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach. Attorney Lisabeth Fryer did all the speaking for Anthony’s side while Cheney Mason watched.

“Basically, the defense is trying to throw out all the convictions by saying that Casey Anthony was in custody at all times she was questioned … and was never read her Miranda rights,” NeJame said.“The issue becomes was she in custody and did the police have an obligation to have read her her Miranda warnings.”

NeJame predicted it would be several weeks before the three-judge panel rules in the appeal. He noted the matter-of-fact way the judges treated the Anthony appeal.“Just because this garnered a lot of press attention, they’re going to make it a point to treat it like every other case,” NeJame said.

On the defamation suit, NeJame explained that the civil case had stalled because Anthony has Fifth Amendment privileges in the appeal. Once the appeal is over, Anthony won’t have any Fifth Amendment protections, NeJame added.
lisa

San Jose, CA

#25413 Jan 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
‘The liberation of Casey Anthony’s mouth’: a line to remember
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13
— posted by halboedeker on January, 8 2013 2:51 PM
Mark NeJame, legal analyst for Central Florida News 13, provided memorable commentary after the Casey Anthony appeal ended Tuesday afternoon.
One NeJame line stood out. News 13 anchor Jackie Brockington wanted to know how the appeal would affect the civil case — Zenaida Gonzalez’s defamation suit — against Anthony.
The appeal won’t matter, NeJame said,“except for the liberation of Casey Anthony’s mouth. She is going to have to talk at some point in the civil case, once this case is over, whichever direction it goes in.”
Anthony’s attorneys are appealing her four misdemeanor convictions of lying to law enforcement.
Anthony was not at the hearing at the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach. Attorney Lisabeth Fryer did all the speaking for Anthony’s side while Cheney Mason watched.
“Basically, the defense is trying to throw out all the convictions by saying that Casey Anthony was in custody at all times she was questioned … and was never read her Miranda rights,” NeJame said.“The issue becomes was she in custody and did the police have an obligation to have read her her Miranda warnings.”
NeJame predicted it would be several weeks before the three-judge panel rules in the appeal. He noted the matter-of-fact way the judges treated the Anthony appeal.“Just because this garnered a lot of press attention, they’re going to make it a point to treat it like every other case,” NeJame said.
On the defamation suit, NeJame explained that the civil case had stalled because Anthony has Fifth Amendment privileges in the appeal. Once the appeal is over, Anthony won’t have any Fifth Amendment protections, NeJame added.
Good moring Zazz!! Thanks for the article!! I'm up so early,I could'nt sleep at all.I'm in a snappy mood today,anyway,I think Morgan should argue so what if she was in custody or not?? She was the one who kept talking about a Zenedia,regardless if she was read her miranda rights or not and in fact,she probably would'nt have kept het pysho mouth shut anyhow,because she can't.(She likes to give to many needless details anyhow,when she is talking.)And also,before trial started,they had an argument about when she was in custody,and her miranda rights,and that was ruled upon and so Morgan needs to remind that ruling to the judge in the civil case,too.
lisa

San Jose, CA

#25414 Jan 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
Casey Anthony: Jeff Ashton is ready to move on
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, Lifetime, WESH, WFTV, WKMG
— posted by halboedeker on January, 7 2013 12:03 PM
Jeff Ashton and his wife, Rita, on Election Night in August, when he was elected Orange-Osceola state attorney. Photo credit: Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel
When Jeff Ashton is asked about Casey Anthony, I’m reminded of Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) talking about the Mob:“Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.”
It was pretty clear from two Ashton interviews over the weekend that he’s ready to move beyond the Anthony case. Ashton will be sworn in as Orange-Osceola state attorney at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday.
When asked where Anthony is, Ashton said he has a standard response.“I don’t know and I don’t care,” Ashton told Greg Warmoth on WFTV-Channel 9’s “Central Florida Spotlight.”
“As I said in the book, I think we did about everything that we could in this case with what we were given. The jury’s verdict is what it is,” Ashton said.
He recounted the prosecution’s loss in his book,“Imperfect Justice.” Anthony was acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
But the Anthony case still has policy ramifications. WKMG-Channel 6’s Tony Pipitone took a cue from defense attorney Jose Baez’s book and explored a revelation that a search for foolproof suffocation was conducted on the Anthony family computer, but the prosecution didn’t learn that information because the Orange County Sheriff’s Office had missed it.
Ashton didn’t want to dwell on that issue. He told WFTV that the state attorney’s office needs complete confidence in the people doing the searches.
He expanded a bit in a report by WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing.“Once I get in office, I’m going to want to know what happened,” Ashton said. He added that as state attorney, he won’t use any agency he doesn’t have confidence in. But Ashton declined an on-air interview with Kealing.
On WFTV, Ashton noted that the Anthony case was good for his name recognition and “really got people to notice what I was doing.”
Being played by Rob Lowe in the Lifetime movie “Prosecuting Casey Anthony” is “a serious upgrade,” Ashton said.
That movie, based on Ashton’s book, debuts at 8 p.m. Jan. 19. In the WFTV interview, Ashton predicted it will be “embarrassing” to see himself portrayed on television.
“I’ll be glad when the movie is over and we move on, and I can start concentrating on other things,” Ashton told Warmoth.
He gets his start, in a big way, right after midnight.
Thnaks for this one,too Zazz.I think it's a shame,this piece of eveidence was'nt brought up at trial,but unlike with what we saw in the Richard Cane incident,he was just lazy,this was'nt due to laziness,I think this was more of a case,whoever was doing the computer work,did'nt know how to understand the computer printout.I can't remember excatly when the computer was taken,however when they did get it,babykiller was claiming about the "kidnapping".And as for Bozo saying,he knew about it,yeah maybe right before trial,but not because she told him about it.

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#25415 Jan 9, 2013
lisa wrote:
While Mason or Greene are going to be arguing her appeal,she'll probably be doing her own "oral" work.
LOL Lisa!

Morning! You and Zazz are killling me!!!!!!!!

Nice to have a good morning laugh though!
clink clink!(coffee)....

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25416 Jan 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
12 most despised people of 2013:“Still an American Disgrace”
by Linda Paris
David W Angelo,
Brain P Berling,
Linda F Bills,
Jennifer Ford,
Mary L Fuhr,
James P Kearns,
Kimberly A Kimball,
Joan Meier,
Kathleen A Nighland,
Ronald H Robertson,
Raymond L Screen
Harriet B White...
will forever be known as the Casey Anthony jurors.
Snipped
http://crimegalsblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/02...
Well they got that right!
Seems their still in hiding also...as they should be.
Shame on all of them!

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Level 7

Location hidden

#25417 Jan 9, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Good moring Zazz!! Thanks for the article!! I'm up so early,I could'nt sleep at all.I'm in a snappy mood today,anyway,I think Morgan should argue so what if she was in custody or not?? She was the one who kept talking about a Zenedia,regardless if she was read her miranda rights or not and in fact,she probably would'nt have kept het pysho mouth shut anyhow,because she can't.(She likes to give to many needless details anyhow,when she is talking.)And also,before trial started,they had an argument about when she was in custody,and her miranda rights,and that was ruled upon and so Morgan needs to remind that ruling to the judge in the civil case,too.
You are up early Lisa, and your in New York too!!(lol) dang girl you get around!:)

Level 8

Location hidden

#25418 Jan 9, 2013
Casey Anthony: Will she win appeal?

— posted by halboedeker on January, 8 2013 6:08 PM

Cheney Mason and Lisabeth Fryer were in the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach on Tuesday. Photo credit: Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel
Casey Anthony was back in a big way on Tuesday newscasts, although she was nowhere to be seen.

Attorney Lisabeth Fryer argued in the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach that Anthony’s four convictions for lying to law enforcement should be tossed.

WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer predicted that Anthony won’t win.“In the end, Casey needs two of these three judges to find in her favor. The likelihood is, she’s not going to get it,” he said.

WFTV’s Kathi Belich highlighted that both sides “faced a barrage of questions from the judges during the 15 minutes they each had to make their cases.”

WOFL-Channel 35 titled its Anthony segment:“Will Anthony Get Another Break?” Attorney Hal Uhrig, serving as WOFL’s legal analyst, said that if Anthony wins the appeal, the misdemeanor convictions will go away.

What would that mean in a civil trial against Anthony? Uhrig predicted that Anthony’s statement about Zenaida Gonzalez might not be introduced if it’s determined that the comment was obtained unlawfully.”She may avoid the consequences of a Zenaida Gonzalez case,” Uhrig said.

Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation for being linked to Caylee’s disappearance.

WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing quoted the prosecution’s representative who said that it could be weeks or months before the judges decide.(Belich said it could be days before a decision.)

WESH anchor Jim Payne summed up the story: Anthony’s legal team argued “that she was placed in handcuffs, then later questioned illegally without being read her Miranda rights.”

Kealing said that the judges “really bored down on that defense notion that Casey Anthony was actually in custody because she’d been handcuffed when she is alleged to have lied to the police.” But Kealing added that the judges “went after” the prosecution’s representative by “asking perhaps if the detectives had used the guise of looking for Anthony’s daughter, Caylee, to question Casey illegally.”

WKMG-Channel 6 anchor Gaard Swanson wanted to know what happens if judges side with Anthony.

WKMG reporter Mike DeForest said,“If Casey Anthony does win her appeal, it’s possible the judges could order a new trial. But since she has already served her time in jail, it’s unclear whether prosecutors would ever take her to trial again.”

After that, Swanson added,“Still a mess, isn’t it?”

What do you think?

Level 8

Location hidden

#25419 Jan 9, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Good moring Zazz!! Thanks for the article!! I'm up so early,I could'nt sleep at all.I'm in a snappy mood today,anyway,I think Morgan should argue so what if she was in custody or not?? She was the one who kept talking about a Zenedia,regardless if she was read her miranda rights or not and in fact,she probably would'nt have kept het pysho mouth shut anyhow,because she can't.(She likes to give to many needless details anyhow,when she is talking.)And also,before trial started,they had an argument about when she was in custody,and her miranda rights,and that was ruled upon and so Morgan needs to remind that ruling to the judge in the civil case,too.
Of course you're having trouble sleeping. It's all that traveling you are doing. LOL.

This bitch got by with murdering her baby and that isn't enough. She wants a clean slate. She wants the state to pretend she isn't a thief and a liar in addition to being a baby murderer.

I don't think she will be successful in her attempt to overturn the verdicts WHICH SHE PLEADED GUILTY TO. But guess what, I thought she would be convicted of murdering her baby. Hope I'm not wrong again.

Level 8

Location hidden

#25420 Jan 9, 2013
Sweet53 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Lisa!
clink clink!(coffee)....
Hi my sweet Sweet.

Hope you had good holidays and the new year is off to a good start for you.

Lisa is always funny, telling it like it is.

Level 8

Location hidden

#25421 Jan 9, 2013
Sweet53 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are up early Lisa, and your in New York too!!(lol) dang girl you get around!:)
Looks like our friend Lisa is living out of a suitcase. LOL.
lisa

San Jose, CA

#25422 Jan 9, 2013
Sweet53 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Lisa!
clink clink!(coffee)....
Hi Sweet!! Oh you know I could'nt resist that one,"clink,clink!!"
lisa

San Jose, CA

#25423 Jan 9, 2013
Sweet53 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did'nt notice that one either Sweet.I'm already back in Cali.That's crazy!!
lisa

San Jose, CA

#25424 Jan 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
Casey Anthony: Will she win appeal?
— posted by halboedeker on January, 8 2013 6:08 PM
Cheney Mason and Lisabeth Fryer were in the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach on Tuesday. Photo credit: Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel
Casey Anthony was back in a big way on Tuesday newscasts, although she was nowhere to be seen.
Attorney Lisabeth Fryer argued in the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach that Anthony’s four convictions for lying to law enforcement should be tossed.
WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer predicted that Anthony won’t win.“In the end, Casey needs two of these three judges to find in her favor. The likelihood is, she’s not going to get it,” he said.
WFTV’s Kathi Belich highlighted that both sides “faced a barrage of questions from the judges during the 15 minutes they each had to make their cases.”
WOFL-Channel 35 titled its Anthony segment:“Will Anthony Get Another Break?” Attorney Hal Uhrig, serving as WOFL’s legal analyst, said that if Anthony wins the appeal, the misdemeanor convictions will go away.
What would that mean in a civil trial against Anthony? Uhrig predicted that Anthony’s statement about Zenaida Gonzalez might not be introduced if it’s determined that the comment was obtained unlawfully.”She may avoid the consequences of a Zenaida Gonzalez case,” Uhrig said.
Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation for being linked to Caylee’s disappearance.
WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing quoted the prosecution’s representative who said that it could be weeks or months before the judges decide.(Belich said it could be days before a decision.)
WESH anchor Jim Payne summed up the story: Anthony’s legal team argued “that she was placed in handcuffs, then later questioned illegally without being read her Miranda rights.”
Kealing said that the judges “really bored down on that defense notion that Casey Anthony was actually in custody because she’d been handcuffed when she is alleged to have lied to the police.” But Kealing added that the judges “went after” the prosecution’s representative by “asking perhaps if the detectives had used the guise of looking for Anthony’s daughter, Caylee, to question Casey illegally.”
WKMG-Channel 6 anchor Gaard Swanson wanted to know what happens if judges side with Anthony.
WKMG reporter Mike DeForest said,“If Casey Anthony does win her appeal, it’s possible the judges could order a new trial. But since she has already served her time in jail, it’s unclear whether prosecutors would ever take her to trial again.”
After that, Swanson added,“Still a mess, isn’t it?”
What do you think?
Hi Zazz!! And thanks for this.O.k.I think Morgan she be saying that besides making these statements to police,she was saying in the telephone calls about Zenedia.As far as I can remember,so far,is that Muyion has already ruled that Caylee's death can't be metioned?? I might be wrong about that,though.
lisa

San Jose, CA

#25425 Jan 9, 2013
And come to think of it Morgan should be arguing also,that even besides making statemets to police,if they can't be used,she made statements to all her friends,that a Zenedia had Caylee,before and after she died.
lisa

Mount Vernon, IL

#25429 Jan 10, 2013
Good morning Zazz and Sweet!! Rob Lowe was just on Good mornng America.It was a short snippet.Anyway they showed a liitle bit of the movie,and it looked good,and he was askd about the jury,(something about if they had an oiopion(could'nt hear what he said)and then he was told babykiller has some "fear" about the movie comming out,and Lowe was like,she needs to climb into a hole and put the dirt over herself.You could defenitaly tell he hates babykiller.
lisa

Mount Vernon, IL

#25430 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
If that bitch's motion is granted the judge is going to sentence me to anger management classes for sure.
My shrink will have to give me pills to deaden my hatred. I'll be a mess.
If I end up in the looney bin I expect Lisa, Sweet and Fred to visit me.
Don't worry Zazz,I will come bust you out of the looney bin for sure.And I will have you're favorite drink waiting for you!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#25432 Jan 10, 2013
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry Zazz,I will come bust you out of the looney bin for sure.And I will have you're favorite drink waiting for you!!
Oh good!!! Then I can travel to NY and California with you. LOL.

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#25438 Jan 10, 2013
Rob Lowe was on Good Morning America to talk about his movie prosecuting Casey Anthony

When asked if Casey Anthonys concerns about an increase in death threats in regard to the movie should be taken into consideration, he said if "I were Casey Anthony I would crawl in a hole ( long pause) and pull the dirt in around me. "

Way to go Rob !!! LMAO.

“SWOT KEEPS DAIZEYGAY”

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#25439 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
I like knowing other people hate her as much as I do.
OOps sorry guys, wrong thread.
lisa

Mount Vernon, IL

#25442 Jan 10, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh good!!! Then I can travel to NY and California with you. LOL.
Hi Zazz!! We'd be a hot mess,for sure,hee-hee!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,154,542
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 min WAS sanka 490,291
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,666
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr mdbuilder 49,253
Review: ABC Used Auto Parts $$ cash for junk ca... 4 hr maryjaneprincton 1
No New Layoffs Planned Now, CIGNA Says (Nov '08) 7 hr ironic 7
Lifestyles 7 hr Lookn for fun 1
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]