Critics want to stop Orlando tow-truc...

Critics want to stop Orlando tow-truck company from 'booting' v...

There are 140 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 3, 2008, titled Critics want to stop Orlando tow-truck company from 'booting' v.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

We encourage conversation about our stories and hope you will share your thoughts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
John

Sanford, FL

#149 Jun 14, 2008
Mr Bill wrote:
How sad!The city has the power to prevent this criminal from his crime.
You've obviously never been to Orlando. Our city has to power to stop things like this, but not the will. Now, if you're a shop owner or have another small business, they'll bust your balls...but for some reason, tow truck companies get away with murder. I think it might have something to do with cash...whaddya think?
ihpi

United States

#150 Jun 18, 2008
These guys have free range to roam my condo complex and tow at will which ever cars they deem "unauthorized" which is all they would say when my boyfriend's car got towed for it's front tires touching the grass (right next to guest spots which you can park the entire car on the grass) They also attempted to tow my car from in front of my garage. Or as they say, the right side of the car was a few inches past the side of my garage. I took pictures and called 911.
ihpi

United States

#151 Jun 18, 2008
Spankie wrote:
we should let the thugs in pine hills know that those tow truck drivers carry cash... heh heh
You took the thoughts right out of my head. The only thing is that the tow truck drivers are probably packing too.

Since: Jan 08

Titusville, FL

#152 Jun 18, 2008
Pink Flamingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, the city contracts with them so the city can break the contract. It does seem rather simple.
They will only permit other low life tow companies,I only know of one good tow company around the airport area that i have dealt with over twenty years.He likes to keep it small and honest.

Titusville, FL

#153 Jun 18, 2008
ihpi wrote:
These guys have free range to roam my condo complex and tow at will which ever cars they deem "unauthorized" which is all they would say when my boyfriend's car got towed for it's front tires touching the grass (right next to guest spots which you can park the entire car on the grass) They also attempted to tow my car from in front of my garage. Or as they say, the right side of the car was a few inches past the side of my garage. I took pictures and called 911.
What's going on here ? You sound credible and you have to deal with "Towing NAZI's and Condo NAZI's"?
Realist

Orlando, FL

#154 Jun 18, 2008
If your an architect and you screw up large fines when the buikding fall. Healthcare has large fines when you screw up regardless if a death happened. So I am for a large fine, Multi thousands of dollars, when the company boots by mistake. It should be a no cash business with all trackable systems. A large amount of that booting will stop.

Titusville, FL

#155 Jun 18, 2008
Wide Awake wrote:
The ideas of local officials for "solving the problem"--such as banning all booting in Orange County (Crotty) or making the fine so low that it really isn't lucrative for the boot company (Sheehan)--remove a powerful enforcement tool needed to control people who, for example chronically use lots posted by and for a business owner; have 10 unpaid tickets for parking in reserved spaces or designated lots--say for medical professionals, university faculty, and others with tightly scheduled professional appointments and people waiting for them; block traffic, sidewalks, bike or emergency vehicle/hydrant lanes; store cars where not allowed such as in someone else's apartment complex lot, etc.
People in this county keep telling officials they want them to "control crime." Illegal parking is a crime with serious negative effects on public life, yet almost 90% have voted on this morning's survey to ban boots throughout the county.
The answer is not ban boots, grind off boots with shop tools, camcord the tow truck, expect IRS to fix it, etc.
The answer is to get the business owner under control, which is WAY OVERDUE.
I ask, if local authorities cannot manage the shark that runs the local boot business, what can they manage?
This looks like a microcosm of what goes on all the time in Orange County government: wheelers, dealers, developers, irresponsible people who are essentially predatory on others and the environment are not appropriately managed in a firm and civil way by our local government so as to assure a good quality of life.
The local population allows and even encourages this downward spiral, for example as indicated in today's vote.
Safe and civilized cities around the world allow booting. It is the most effective means to control the deposit of 3000 pounds of metal in the wrong places at the wrong times.
Orange County needs to control the out of control business owner instead of banning booting and thereby causing more lawlessness.
I hope everyone reads this post, I just thought it made a lot of sense. I will always look for this poster!
darwin

San Antonio, TX

#156 Jun 23, 2008
Paul Gren is a greedy scumbag. I had the pleasure of punching one of his lackeys in the face a few years back. Screw 'em.
darwin

San Antonio, TX

#157 Jun 23, 2008
Do these dickweeds take credit cards? It should be illegal to force you to pay cash. I bet anything this guy does a lot of business under the table. Someone needs to check his assets very closely.
doug

Apopka, FL

#158 Jun 25, 2008
darwin wrote:
Do these dickweeds take credit cards? It should be illegal to force you to pay cash. I bet anything this guy does a lot of business under the table. Someone needs to check his assets very closely.
i have to be honest i think forcing the tow companys to accept checks and credit cards would do more to clean up the tow biz than anything else i have read. You can not charge back cash but you sure can charge back credit or a check and it would mean an end to any funny biz going on in a cash only biz.
Towing Utopia

Minneapolis, MN

#159 Jun 25, 2008
My blog, www.towingutopia.com , has been closely following the issues in Orlando and (I will freely confess) trying to get folks riled up about abusive towing practices. If you have a story of abusive, predatory towing practices in Orlando, please contribute it to my blog as well as this thread.
jTb

Orlando, FL

#160 Jul 12, 2008
He and his drivers are simply common car thiefs and they should be treated as such.
Jeff

United States

#161 Jan 12, 2009
I had my rental car towed from a lot on Friday after I paid to park there. Tow Truck Company is the shadiest and most dishonest towing company I have ever encountered. They towed another car of mine a few years ago and did extensive damage to the passenger door in an amateur attempt at getting in. My cousin was a tow driver for Paul and details other crimes like insurance fraud and crap. He agrees that the real problem is that it is a cash only business. Orlando should end that as it feeds the corruption of people like Gren. For those trying to contact Paul Gren (owner and manager) you need to realize that this guy is a real scumbag and hardly ever deals with complaints or people because so many people hate this guy and his thievery. He used to own and operate a rave club in town and I personally saw illegal drug activity involving minors at this place with knowlege by Paul Gren. A few years ago he also attempted to date-rape a good friend of mine. A real scummy company that the city should have dealt with long ago. If you were towed by Paul and his crew just bear in mind that he and the people he employs are just lowlifes working the system...he will eventually get what's coming.
Tony Palafox

Apopka, FL

#162 Feb 16, 2009
Has anyone considered a class action? Has anyone attempted to file suit against TowTruck Company of Orlando and/or Paul Gren? If so, I'd like to correspond with you to learn more and to determine we can collectively work together to file a class action.
Diogenes wrote:
Why can't this company be brought to court by the city for unethical business practices and a ruling be made that they can't do business in Orlando again, ever!
Someone should be thinking "class action lawsuit" by these people mentioned in the article and put this jerk and his company out of business.
MICHELE

AOL

#163 May 11, 2010
this company likes to inpersinate other companies and make false promises and acusations causing honest hard working individuals not only their contracts but they make the tow operaters and owners look bad. but it is ok in the cities eyes and their operators to tow a vehicle with the owners in it b/c it broke down. THIS IS VERYYYYYY ILLEGAL!!!! they dont realize or care that inpersonating someone is a felony and offerring money to prospective clients are as well but then again apparently they dont care and neither do the customers they have contracts with its all basically a he said she said pissing match. tow truck has been bad news from the get go but hey being friends with the higher authority in a city gets you far in life apparently orlando the beautiful hardly only at face value
MICHELE

AOL

#164 May 11, 2010
swatto wrote:
<quoted text>They will only permit other low life tow companies,I only know of one good tow company around the airport area that i have dealt with over twenty years.He likes to keep it small and honest.
Tow truck opperators can not carry a weapon its a commercial motor vehicle and toe truck company is the issue there are tow companies that do things right
repomike69

Tampa, FL

#165 May 13, 2010
Diogenes wrote:
Why can't this company be brought to court by the city for unethical business practices and a ruling be made that they can't do business in Orlando again, ever!
Someone should be thinking "class action lawsuit" by these people mentioned in the article and put this jerk and his company out of business.
well it is simple the owners of this company will come back as a new company with same old tricks as the old company
Ho Lee Schitt

Warrington, PA

#166 Feb 16, 2011
Gren is obviously a sociopath with no conscience! Lock his punk ass up and see how tough he really is. If he's typical biker scum he will be on his knees for the other inmates in a matter of minutes! Bikers are PUNKS and scum!
bill

Orlando, FL

#167 Feb 14, 2013
Diogenes wrote:
Wont happen cause they serve 80 city contracts.
Hal R

Orlando, FL

#168 Oct 4, 2013
Does anyone know for sure if Paul Gren is still the owner of TowTruck Co.? I have a judgement against this company from small claim court since 2000 and still can't collect anything? Any suggestion? or legal advices?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min An NFL Fan 1,417,676
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 61,018
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 2 hr Fa-Foxy 198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr T-REX 513,464
News Sources: UCF baseball coach Jay Bergman harasse... (May '08) 15 hr Former Play 213
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 18 hr Milee 73,682
loan shark (Dec '11) 19 hr spotcred 32

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages