First Prev
of 28
Next Last
Marley

Finleyville, PA

#552 Feb 9, 2013
This was meant to be a shout out to all of you daughters who are now taking care of your Mom's. mousie, tribe, shuaw?
Sounds as tho you fine women are doing a difficult job with all your heart and soul. There is No Mom who would ask for more.
Marley

Ambridge, PA

#553 Mar 2, 2013
Please come talk?
Sherry

Bethlehem, PA

#554 Mar 2, 2013
My mother is 86 and lives in a high rise apartment for people over 60. She does not get around too well anymore but is still able to do some things for herself. I do the cleaning and bring her meals, but she also still does a little cooking on her own. One of the things she has always enjoyed was going to the salon to have her hair done. Lately, she's been putting it off. I thought about getting her a wig. She has very fine hair that is all white. I would like to order a wig for her online. The wigs seem to look great on the models, however, I'm concerned that the wig hair will be too thick and poofy for my mother. She's petite and would fit a petite wig. I have a few selections picked out. Has anyone purchased a wig online for an elderly family member and how did you like it? I think I would go with synthetic so the style goes back after washing it.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#558 Aug 5, 2013
Sounds like a miserable life, Sherry. Can't you pay someone to do that scut work for you? I find many elderly people to be mean. I don't do mean. I just cut them off.
Muffy

Irwin, PA

#561 Dec 6, 2014
snarky wrote:
God looked around His garden
and He found an empty place.
He then looked down upon this earth, and
saw your tired face. He put his arms around you and
lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes
the best.
He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were
in pain.
He knew that you would never get well on earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough and the hills
were hard to climb.
So he closed your weary eyelids, and
whispered, "Peace by thine."
It broke our hearts to lose you but you
didn't go alone,
For part of us went with you
the day God called you home.
Vaya con dios, Mama Marley
Thank you again Ms. Snarky.
What a blessing you have been, and I'll be seeing you soon Mr. Bear!
Hugs and kisses always.
Texas_Ave

Spring, TX

#562 Mar 31, 2015
Hey, the Onion did a parody of Robert Durst. Almost as funny as the Saturday Night Live one.
And then i shaved off my eyebrows.
Texas_Ave

Spring, TX

#563 Apr 1, 2015
tribe mom wrote:
The STATION
By Robert J. Hastings
Tucked away in our subconscious is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long trip that spans the continent. We are traveling by train. Out the windows we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hillsides, of city skylines and village halls.
But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. Bands will be playing and flags waving. Once we get there our dreams will come true, and the pieces of our lives will fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering--waiting, waiting, waiting for the station.
"When we reach the station, that will be it! we cry.
"When I'm 18."
"When I buy a new 450SL Mercedes-Benz!"
"When I put the last kid through college."
"When I have the mortgage paid off!"
"When I get a promotion."
"When reach the age of retirement, I shall live happily ever after!"
Sooner or later we must realize there is no station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.
So stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot more often, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more, cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. The station will come soon enough.
That's beautiful and oh so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Earthling-1 53,993
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr shinningelectr0n 1,251,797
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 hr Princess Hey 9,367
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 12,166
One Word (Jul '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 2,156
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 2,811
two words (Jul '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 27,313
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 7 hr Joy 500,154
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages