Keyon Dooling says he knew he wouldn'...

Keyon Dooling says he knew he wouldn't return to Orlando Magic

There are 28 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Keyon Dooling says he knew he wouldn't return to Orlando Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Keyon Dooling , alternately angered and philosophical in the last few days, said Tuesday that he knew from the beginning that contract talks between he and the Orlando Magic were not going to lead to a return ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
drp

Trenton, NJ

#1 Jul 15, 2008
It's going to hurt without him in the lineup. period.
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#2 Jul 15, 2008
brian do you have any class the man was asking for his remarks not to be published but you go ahead andpublish them. talk about journalistic integrity.
Cody

Orlando, FL

#3 Jul 15, 2008
Dooling's gonna be missed. He wasn't as good at it as Armstrong, but was definitely a spirit lifter for the team this past season.
Drew

Bedford, TX

#4 Jul 15, 2008
Keyon, you could have easily badmouthed Otis and company (on the record), but chose not to, which is a rarity in professional sports these days. Good luck on whatever team you land.
the thrill

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 15, 2008
he will make much more than the bi-annual exception elsewhere. he is a good player and deserves our best wishes.
Sue

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2008
Keyon's presence will be missed on and off the court. I hope he lands with a team he can make a positive difference with..just please...not Detroit or Miami!
Kung Pao

Orlando, FL

#8 Jul 15, 2008
He deserved a better contract, he was a huge energy boost of the bench last year. I was hoping they could work it out.

I'll still never understand why they draft guys like Dooling, trade him away before he ever plays then years later bring them in.

Good luck in the future Dooling.
mike2315

New York, NY

#9 Jul 15, 2008
i agree, his presence will be missed. He had the killer attitude that some of our guys lack. He did not back down from anyone. Good Luck Keyon, you will be missed.
SentinelBlather

Clermont, FL

#10 Jul 15, 2008
Keyon I always enjoyed watching your effort especially guarding Hamilton during the Detroit series.
funny80sguy

Port Townsend, WA

#11 Jul 15, 2008
I remember cringing every time Keyon jacked up a crazy shot and cheering like crazy when he made them. I hope he signs for what he is asking for and gets to play for a contender . . . except Detroit because that would hurt.
CAA1000

Orlando, FL

#12 Jul 15, 2008
I wonder if Dooling will be pick up by the former Sonics now Oklahoma City team?
LMAO

AOL

#13 Jul 15, 2008
"Hit the road Key and dontcha come back no more, no more, no more,no more Yea...Hit the road Key and dontcha comeback no moooore! Whadd I say"

Nice guy. He'll make his $ somewhere.

:)
VOR

United States

#14 Jul 15, 2008
Look on the bright side ... at least we still have JJ.

Nice job, Otis.
mojo

Joplin, MO

#15 Jul 15, 2008
many playoff contenders could use this guy. hate he is not with the magic anymore. kinda sucks but hopefully our team is better regardless.
Jeff

Lakeland, FL

#16 Jul 15, 2008
Key was a great off the bench guy.But how much can you afford to give a guy like that .He will be missed but you gotta think about the future.We still have figure out what to do with JJ and Keith. Where might they end up?
Cocoa Beach Fan

United States

#17 Jul 15, 2008
Thanks for the energy off the bench Keyon, you will be missed. I will also miss the way you root for the team from the bench!

Best of luck for you Keyon, you deserve better!
who cares

Ocala, FL

#18 Jul 15, 2008
he isnt a true poing guard, that is what the magic needed. no way could they afford to give the entire mid-level to a combo guard, while he is a decent point and shooting guard he isnt great at either. I thought 3.8 million a year was way to much. i wont miss his ball hoggin, no passin, point guard play.

Good Riddance.
alFRED

Winter Garden, FL

#19 Jul 15, 2008
He is a grrat guy.I think he worked hard when others wouldn't. Hey k. kEEP YOUR HEAD UP BROTHER. ALFRE DLAKE MARY FLORIDA
Scott

Satellite Beach, FL

#20 Jul 15, 2008
Thanks Keyon.

Enjoyed your hustle, skills and attitude while you were here.
UF ALUM

Kissimmee, FL

#21 Jul 15, 2008
I'm sure that Keyon was asking his remarks remain off the record because he didn't want to give any impression or indication of ill will... but you showed him Mr. Schmitz, didn't you.

For those keping score thats
Keyon Dooling: 0
Dwight Howard: 0
Brian Schmitz: 2

For those of you who don't remember, I believe it was Schmitzy who wouldn't stop asking D12 questions about basketball at a charity bowling event right after we lost the Detroit series even after repeatedly asking him to stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Ms Sassy 1,535,109
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 12 min Frogface Kate 418
News Live updates: Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay w... 4 hr Cheryl Throne 1
News Wal-Mart bolsters area footprint with two new w... 4 hr Cheryl Throne 2
News Lockheed Martin Orlando unit seeks incentives t... 4 hr Cheryl Throne 1
News Tornado watch likely to be expanded; storms ent... 4 hr Cheryl Throne 1
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 5 hr robert 172

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages