Central Floridians take the Million Meal Challenge

Nov 18, 2012 Full story: The Orlando Sentinel

A meal for the starving population of drought-stricken West Africa is a sandwich-size baggie of rice, soy meal, and dried vegetables supplemented by a packet of vitamins.

Full Story

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Grease Balls wrote:
There are many Americans starving . Who gives a rats azz about Africa ! OPRAH ?
If you take a look at the majority of 'needy' people in America, a good portion of them don't look like they've missed a meal in the past twenty years. At least people in third world countries are grateful for the assistance and don't have their hand out for another Obamaphone.
tired of silly

Longwood, FL

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Charles R Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take a look at the majority of 'needy' people in America, a good portion of them don't look like they've missed a meal in the past twenty years. At least people in third world countries are grateful for the assistance and don't have their hand out for another Obamaphone.
We donate our money to families that I find out about through my work. I don't send one dollar overseas, nor to generic charities where I don't know where the money goes. I've seen too many welfare divas with multiple "charity baskets" in their homes on the holidays. We choose a family, one who has been hard-working until their loved one became ill and they had to quit their jobs to care for them, and provide the holiday for them. And I agree, Darwin.......every time I see one of those 300 lb welfare mamas on TV standing in line for the latest handout, it makes my blood boil.

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 19, 2012
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
We donate our money to families that I find out about through my work. I don't send one dollar overseas, nor to generic charities where I don't know where the money goes. I've seen too many welfare divas with multiple "charity baskets" in their homes on the holidays. We choose a family, one who has been hard-working until their loved one became ill and they had to quit their jobs to care for them, and provide the holiday for them. And I agree, Darwin.......every time I see one of those 300 lb welfare mamas on TV standing in line for the latest handout, it makes my blood boil.
And if 'they' used the brains and energy it takes to improve themselves instead of figuring out how to game the system, they would have a much more productive life.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#7 Aug 8, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
We donate our money to families that I find out about through my work. I don't send one dollar overseas, nor to generic charities where I don't know where the money goes. I've seen too many welfare divas with multiple "charity baskets" in their homes on the holidays. We choose a family, one who has been hard-working until their loved one became ill and they had to quit their jobs to care for them, and provide the holiday for them. And I agree, Darwin.......every time I see one of those 300 lb welfare mamas on TV standing in line for the latest handout, it makes my blood boil.
You admitted you were overweight and diabetic with high cholesterol. Maybe you should look at your lab work and weigh before you start throwing rocks and monkey feces at other women.

My budget is $5,000 a month. What is yours? You don't get that on disability, dumbo.
Perrier

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 14, 2013
I see the retires don't have a quick comeback.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,108,958
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 6 min Mary NY 25,835
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 min marce-encore 487,315
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min gcaveman1 46,573
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Murph 70,472
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 7 hr News Reporter 2,474
The alphabet (Jun '06) 11 hr Roxie Darling 1,075
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••