What's closed on Columbus Day

What's closed on Columbus Day

There are 12 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 11, 2008, titled What's closed on Columbus Day. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Closed: Federal offices, federal courts, post offices and most banks. BankAtlantic will be open noon to 4 p.m. There will be no regular mail delivery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

rfp

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Oct 12, 2008
why aren/t the schools closed? They close for every other holiday .
city guy

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Oct 12, 2008
Why is it that we work on Columbus Day.
Sunny

Lakeland, FL

#4 Oct 12, 2008
The banks, some city government offices, and the post office.
hooker

Eatonton, GA

#5 Oct 12, 2008
my legs
genbaby03

United States

#6 Oct 11, 2009
why are you guys so worried about having Columbus Day off when he didn't even discover America. The Indians did. Also its just one day so calm down in my opinion the banks shouldn't get the day off either. I mean what did they do to get the day off huh?
SoRight

Pensacola, FL

#7 Oct 12, 2009
Technically Columbus did discover America, since he had not been here before and he named it. However the Indians were indigenous to the area but did no encompass every square inch. They were parts of land they did not even know existed. So quit being such a hater of anything American and give ole Columbus some credit.

“Your Local Family Chiropractor”

Since: Oct 09

Orlando, Florida 32801

#8 Oct 12, 2009
LOL @ SoRight
mike

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2010
Is the broward county court open tomorrow
Michelle

Albany, NY

#10 Oct 11, 2010
Most of the stores and businesses, cuz my Barack ain't doin' that hopey-changey thing no mo!
Lisa L

Dalbo, MN

#11 Oct 13, 2010
Actually Columbus didn't discover America, the Norsemen had already been here long before he got lost and thought he was in India.
Misty

Greenville, SC

#12 Oct 9, 2011
Michelle you're quite dense.
cynthia smith

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Oct 14, 2013
Amen, I glad to know that someone else realized that the Indians were here first not Columbus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nuculur option 1,384,015
News Libertarians pick ex-New Mexico Gov. Johnson fo... 3 min Denny CranesPlace 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Brian_G 59,543
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 513,254
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr LizW 73,639
sext me guys 7 hr Bubblez6325 1
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 11 hr Jon 230
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages