Advice please
Confused

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2013
My wife's sister has started dating an old friend of my wife's. The old friend is best friends with my wife's ex boyfriend. Although I am happy my sister in law has found someone whose company she enjoys, the guy keeps bringing up my wife's ex whenever we are around them. We have been married 25 years, and I don't understand why he would do this. I have not discussed this with my wife, but I find it very disrespectful, and it seems to make my wife uncomfortable for a moment and then she changes the subject. Am I being too sensitive? or should I take him aside privately and find out whats up with him?
Happy New Year

Allentown, PA

#2 Jan 2, 2013
Some people simply enjoy being home wreckers and/or creating trouble when there isn't any. I would ignore it, and him. You and your wife have been married for 25 years and nothing can destroy that - unless you let it. Whatever happened between your wife and her old bf is history. It happened before you married her. Forget it. Confronting him will only cause you unnecessary frustration and anguish. If it makes you and your wife so uncomfortable being around him, than the simple thing is to avoid him. Ask yourself this question: How would you feel if your wife was confronted by a friend of an old girlfriend of yours? 25 years is a long time together. Don't let anything or anyone ever try to ruin that. But like I said, no one can, unless you let them. Good luck and please think twice before doing anything you might regret later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,458,025
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IB DaMann 62,303
News Hollywood hospital administrator quits after li... (Jul '08) 4 hr Catpeople 268
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) 22 hr TRUMANS Treason 234
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,270
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) Sat Squach 1,168
Want to move but have little money (Oct '12) Sat Angel 19

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages